[SP-F03] <<Search For The Hoya>> Pseudo-Odyssey IV - Keepsake

Maybe, just maybe...

He stood still, eyes giving its weary look at the ground. around him are tall walls, paths with many turns, dead-ends that never ends. The labyrinth of Minos, or that's what he calls it. A simple mission, find the minotaur, slay it, and get the item as a reward, a pendant. Why was he doing it again? he knows but at times when he thinks about it he just can't accept it. Selfishness, that's what he called it, he hated being one but living alone was a sign of selfishness or was he really alone because he doesn't want to be with others or he simply thinks it is the most convenient way to help others, to get out of their way.

Such deep thoughts but to most people it was nonsense. He was scraping up what's left of his pride, he decided to cast it aside and now he's inside this labyrinth. looking for something, for someone, and also to have something to give. A rare happiness yet at times fleeting, most of the time warm. Why is it so painful? and why is it so calming? such contradictions or maybe it's a paradox, just like him.

40682749_statpic.jpg.1eb411181167d05bf990d782a549be42.jpg

Crozeph [Level 43]
  | HP: 880/880 | EN: 86/86
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 48
  | FREEZE +1 | RECOVERY +2 | 

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Rare]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble +1 EVA +1 Life-Mending
  • x2 T2 Perfect Fiery Dragon Roll [MIT]
  • x2 T2 Rare Udon Bowl +2 ACC
  • x2 T2 Rare Mochi +2 LD
  • x2 T2 Rare Ramen Bowl +2 EVA 
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/5

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Finesse R3 Precision 
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 2/5
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 3/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 0

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

Shuffling, my steps are shuffling...i

Here I walk inside a labyrinth which I don't give a shit if it wasn't for the reward but then again that reward was not that useful. Yes, it's not and I don't care, I'll still get it and no one else can stop me from doing so. tall walls with turns from every corner, a true labyrinth design. Whoever came up with this has a great imagination and placed hell in front of the person who will be doing its CAD. I get it, its a game, a labyrinth with monsters based on the story of the minotaur. A large creature to which gave ideas to Rule34, I find it sickening when I caught glimpse of it but such is the life of someone who discovered the internet.

Depictions, so many depictions. Adaptations were made, in a play, movies, games, oh right... I'm inside a game. To others, this is a descent to madness but is this really a descent to someone who is already mad? I'm not saying I am but sometimes I think I am. I took a turn to my left and then right, every step I take makes little to no sound and I thank my sandals for that but hate my white socks afterward. Why am I here again? I guess if someone is reading this they'll know why.

• ID: 156253
  • BD: 9 success I MD: 8 - 1 = 7 success
  • Crozeph dealt 15 + 1 critical x 15 San Ge = 240 damage to Legionnaire
  • Legionnaire dealt 129 - 48 MIT = 81 damage to Crozeph
  • CD: 12 [Recovery] proc +4 EN

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 799/880 I EN: 78/86 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Legionnaire I HP: 190/430 I DMG: 129 

There it is, an enemy but unfortunately it is not a minotaur. A shame, it could've made my quest go faster than what I have planned or expected, as if I'm still planning things. He held a gladius and a shield, a wide rectangular shield as if he was a Roman soldier. He grunted like a zombie or maybe his throat was damaged, that's awful and it's coming from someone who never raises his voice. Why should I raise my voice? am I a commander? no, no, I'm just an ordinary person with a really bad temper to which my everyday battle consists of not fucking shit up.

I unsheathed my blade as a normal person inside a death game would and prepared my self for its attack. If this person was indeed based on Roman legionnaire then I might need to be careful. He moved forward and tried to attack me to which I responded by an attack also, a normal swordfight. My reach however was good but his skills had an impact. I got struck by his shield, its edge hitting my shoulder, nice move. My katana reacted and as soon as the water came out flowing I moved my sword cutting on all the joints I could see and freezing him in place when the water began to seep in, how unlucky.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 156255
  • BD: 1 Fail I MD: 4 - 1 EVA = 3 fail
  • CD: 6 [Recovery] proc +4 EN
  • Crozeph gained 17 health [Battle healing]

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 816(+17)/880 I EN: 80(-2+4)/86 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Legionnaire I HP: 190/430 I DMG: 129 

I made a mistake, freezing it was a good idea but I never expected myself to slip on the ice I also created. It's not like I fell on my back or something but it was humiliating in front of the legionnaire. He must be thinking "is this considered friendly fire?" or something like that. I managed to keep myself up before I fall further, dishonor on my family! dishonor on my cat! and dishonor on my Yuki! I should try to be careful with my footing next time, especially around ice.

Now I just decided to keep my distance, anytime soon the legionnaire will move again and try to kill me with his gladius (if he can manage to shave off a large amount of my health in one strike) or with his shield. This labyrinth is weird. Shouldn't there me mini-minotaurs and not legionnaires? gah! who am I to complain let's just end this battle before it gets annoying.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 156278
  • BD: 8 + 4 = success I MD: 10 (come on!)
  • Crozeph dealt 15 x 15 San Ge = 225 damage to Legionnaire
  • Legionnaire dealt 129 + 2 critical = 131 damage to Crozeph

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 677(139)/880 I EN: 68(-12)/86 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Legionnaire I HP: 190( -225)/430 I DMG: 129 

Do I have a moment to talk about my future wife? well yes but actually no. Yes because I wanted to but no because this Legionnaire is indeed trying to cut me in half but I don't know if it'll be cross-wise or length-wise. I received a good deal of damage and he received a life-ending amount of damage from me. A fair exchange but his body couldn't keep up and the legionnaire shattered into polygons with different colors enough to trigger epilepsy on a tiny scale.

Now I'm alone in the labyrinth, finding my way to the minotaur who can give a nice reward while not being nice in doing so. It's like that person who pulled out your name on exchange gifts at parties and the best thing is that person who got your name hates you with passion. Now where should I go, where do I go now? a right or a left? digging is stupid and climbing up the walls of the labyrinth is tiring, I guess I should walk for now.

Edited by Crozeph

I walk a lonely road...

This labyrinth isn't putting fear but depression to me, as if I'm not depressive enough. The longer I linger into this place the more I realize how a few weeks or months of my life with Yuki was greater than a year of being alone. If Baldur and Cordelia didn't find me, if Mari never returned to her gypsy tent and sort things out with each other, and if I didn't take a step inside Yuki's shop, what would my life be? not even Michael Bay or Christopher Nolan can make anything good out of it. What a cruel fate it would be that Nasu won't be able to make it any sadder.

Why am I here again? oh right, a gift for the person who by fate saw my pathetic self on floor nine. Eating the food I bought from her, alone and trying to convince myself that I'm fine, what a cruel fate it was before she came. I wish I met her sooner, maybe I could've been a much better person now.

Two lefts don't make a right...

I'm tired, my feet don't hurt but my brain keeps on telling me "yes you're tired you dumb fuck" and I keep on telling myself that is a psychological thing. There's no pain in this game and for a long time, I lived here fighting monsters thinking they are inflicting pain on me. Am I masochistic? maybe yes on a mental aspect but I doubt it when I'm talking about physical. I don't like being touched by people I don't know, it feels weird even just a handshake. Maybe that's the reason I feel deprived of warmth, should I change myself? no, that would be tiring. I've already made exceptions and I might make more once I have the courage to do so.

Now, where is that minotaur? I wish it would make a sound so I can find it, make a growl or something. I'm tired of taking a lot of turns and end up on a dead-end. Maybe they are testing me with how far I can go in here, if that's the case then I'll...

Break walls?

I've seen shounen protagonists break walls when they get lost on labyrinths so that things are easier, I wish things were that easy. I don't think my katana can break walls, I could inflict cuts to mark where I came from but I don't think the mark will last for even a minute, almost everything in this game repairs itself. This is taking too long, should I run? would that make me a maze runner? no wait, a labyrinth runner. I'll have higher chances of finding the minotaur and also have high chances to get lost, both seem scary and tempting. I should just resume my walking.

I wonder how things would work out in the boss battle, I wanted to return to the frontlines but with my current level, I don't think I'd survive longer than most players. A reality that I should accept, hard to swallow but I should. I hate this, I really do, just when I thought I could return and be useful for them. Now, what should I do? where am I going again? this is tiring but I want to get the reward, I want to take a nap, I want to go home.

This is getting tedious, I'm beginning to think that this labyrinth is not that big but the turns I keep on taking is making this quest drag it longer than what I have anticipated. The worst thing is I don't have a teleportation crystal. Will I be stuck here? if that happens then on what floor will the frontlines be? maybe they'll be on floor 50 or something. I only have a few of the food I bought from Yuki, I would die if I can't eat the food she makes. Should I cry now? wait, big boys don't cry. I have to continue, for the reward and EXP and to give it to her. 

Now I need a GPS or a tracker, god I suck at this. Maybe I should invest skill points in searching and tracking skills, that should make things easier for me. I give less thoughts on getting stuck here and use my remaining brain cells to find a way to find that minotaur.

I can hear it, a faint growl is audible. The minotaur is near and so is the end of my quest, after walking like a drunk man inside the labyrinth I'm finally near the location of the minotaur. I should check my equips just to make sure I'm prepared enough for whatever may happen to me in here. Most of the time I come inside caves unprepared but somehow I got out almost unscathed while sometimes I get my ass kicked like a second-grader. If the Minotaur is indeed the one told in legends or based on it then I guess it will be much larger than me, easy to target but packs a mean swing.

Now I can hear its growl getting louder, it might have caught wind of my presence inside the labyrinth. Just a few more turns and avoid some dead ends and I'll be facing it with my katana in hand, hoping that the battle will end sooner and not get myself in danger.

• ID: 156765
  • BD: 3 + 4 = 7 success I MD: 10 critical success
  • Crozeph dealt 15 x 11 Iai = 165 damage to Hoya Minotaur
  • CD: 11 [Recovery] proc +4 EN
  • Hoya Minotaur dealt 30 + 2 critical = 32 - 48 MIT = 1 damage to Crozeph

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 879/880 I EN: 86/86 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Hoya Minotaur I HP: 65/65 I DMG: 30

It stood before me holding some kind of axe and a shield. As expected from the from the creature it was a mix of a human and bull, a head of a bull and body of a man to be more specific. It roared as soon as I stepped withing its field of vision, I guess he doesn't like visitors. I'm not really visiting, I'm here for a quest and for that quest to be fulfilled I must kill one of the two Hoya Minotaurs and get the reward, as simple as that.

The minotaur moved and so did I. Remembering the Iaijutsu stance I always practiced, I began to position myself for a straighforward attack. The minotaur is charging towards me so I should be able to stop that momentum by aiming for its neck.

and the attack landed quickly...

I unsheathed and sheathed at the same time. The cut went through half of its neck and it made the roar stop and soon after the minotaur dropped a few feet before me and disintegrated into fragments. Over in one strike, that was unexpected.

Edited by Crozeph

A pendant...

I walked all this way and got lost so many times for this. A reward item that can be used as a gift for birthdays or any other kind of celebration, I heard that it comes on what shape the player wants it to be. Now, what do I want it to look like? I have no idea what it should look like. I asked Night about what flower Yuki likes but even her had no idea of what flower would that be. I better pick up the pendant and think about what it will be later. For now, I should find my way out of this labyrinth, it should be a bit easy since I already saw the way.

I left the place slowly, keeping my ears alert if that other Hoya Minotaur would wake up and try to backstab me. Quest is done, I have received little damage, I got the quest reward so now I must go out of this labyrinth before I find myself enjoying the lefts and rights of this place.

Four hours, now that's...

A tiring walk that even I couldn't imagine, at some point I almost feel dizzy turning my head looking for the exit. I am now out of the labyrinth and I can smell the air filled with scents I didn't want to smell but what choice do I have? now I gotta make my back to the settlement and settle the shape of the pendant. Easy quest for my level but this pendant and what shape it would be is making it hard for me. Night told me it's the thought that counts, how do I channel that kind of thoughts in this? I have zero idea where to start. Speaking of where to start, I should ask Yuki to do the <<Making Vows>> quest soon. It would be embarrassing for a guy like me to have her do the initiative.

Back in Urbus...

It's kind of weird how a settlement can be built inside a crater or something but then again this is a game and everything I see is made up of data or based on data from the real world. Now to look for an inn where I can sort things out in a quiet way, on second thought maybe I should sit on a bench for while and convince myself that it's normal for someone like me to do so.

"Why am I here again?

I've been asking myself that so many times I don't know how to answer it now. The plaza had a lot of players but it seems that I could never convince myself that this was a good idea. The thought of having to talk to others who I didn't know is certainly not my cup of tea or my bowl of stew. I can stay in my room or in Yuki's house and be content, that's how I live my life. It would be too much for me to live life just for the pleasure of things, that a pretty absurd way of thinking. I can always understand those who are living life the right way or simply doing what they want and need to do. Those who live for the pleasure of life, yeah they can keep their secrets to themselves

Thinking of it, after Yuki and I get married what kind of life does she want? we won't have children in this game so it'll only be the two of us plus we're trying to get out of here and not live our lives trapped inside a game. 

That's right, I knew why I'm here...

Edited by Crozeph

Time to rethink a few things...

For many, it is a day where they can all take a break from the death game we are playing, even with death looking down on us like we're some kind of lab rats trying to find our way out of the labyrinth. It sure sounds scary but that a reality I once accepted and at times rejected. It's not like I'm pumping it up at a shounen protagonist level, even if I want to. I'm no protagonist and I've lived my life not thinking about being one. If there ever was a protagonist it would be the people in my life who I cherished, and for them to continue I must help them within my capabilities or maybe one day go beyond.

Clear blue skies, the sound of water flowing from the fountain, the chirping of simulated birds, the clanging of heavy armors, and the giggles and cutesy voices of couples around me. All these things are normal to me but somehow I never wanted them. Is it wrong not to want it? or maybe deep down inside me I wanted it. I took out the pendant again from my inventory, I think I know what shape it should be before I give it to her.

Edited by Crozeph

Now then...

Staying inside the inn is not my kind of relaxation, lying down on the grass is where the good times are born. It's a grassland in a safe zone, inside a crater, well that was a convenience I can't let pass. As I lie down, I try my best to recall the symbolism of flowers. I'm sure mom would've liked it if I put more thought into it and I can't ever forget how Night told me that it's the thought that counts. I, an average guy guilty of overthinking must put more thought on what I can give to the girl I like, to the girl I love, and soon I will marry.

Despite it being inside a game, I take these kinds of things seriously. When have I been not serious? now that I think about it, no matter how serious I am, no one takes me seriously. Is it because of my voice? no, I think people take me seriously, they just don't get it when I do what I say. What am I doing with my life, I'm still holding this pendant and so I must put an effort of making it for her.

Why do I feel happy and sad?

A gerbera daisy represents so many things, as far as I know. It could mean love, cheerfulness, innocence, or I don't know. I've heard variations depending on color but I'm choosing one for her, a pink gerbera daisy. As if the item was aware of what I said it turned into the most beautiful pendant I've seen. I'm not into things like this but somehow, looking at it reminded me of her, what happiness she gave to me and how my rainy days were less gloomy. Now I sayeth cringe but I'm all alone right now, no one can hear how I feel and think. I kept on gazing at the pendant and every second of it reminds me of her.

For so long I convinced myself of what misery that comes my way is part of my life, that happiness is something one does not search for and someone did search for it, selfishness follows like a shadow. I lived a life, a decade convincing myself that the only help I could give is to get out of their way, of those who are part of my life and now I feel happy being part of someone's life or rather someone who became a part of my life in a short time.

Edited by Crozeph

I'm trying to figure out what kind of life I could give to her inside Aincrad, should I even be thinking of those kinds of things. We could just wack mobs and we'll have col and materials for food, the game makes it easy for us to sustain our everyday life and that's the scary part. I don't know if a lot of players have taken a liking to live inside here, I hope there are enough people in the frontlines to get us out of here, to live our true lives and not inside this world.

Now that it has come to this, I can voice what I feel. Being alone has its perks and once I have blurted out every nonsense I could think of, I could feel of, I'll return to the facade I'm so good at keeping up. 

I'm angry and sad or maybe I am sad and angry...

A feeling that I never wanted, anger, and rage that I always kept caged. Sometimes I feel like I'm having a split personality but that bullshit doesn't work on me, it is only I and my thoughts What I feel? I am happy and maybe I should. Am I sad? I'm starting to and along with this capricious emotions is anger. Why? it's because I couldn't keep up and no one is to blame but me. 

Why did I even...

This is some next level alchemy. I have bought a hair dye, I'm planning to change my hair color, make it less gloomy. Mari did it, maybe I can at least try to as a way to tell myself that times are different now. I'm pretty sure my hair outside of this game is still black so it's fine. I'm here inside an inn and sitting on the bed thinking if I should do it or not. I hope this turns out well. I'm going to change my hair color and tell myself that times are different now. While I can never get rid of my worries, I can always remind myself that everything is fine now that Yuki is here

pouring water, applying hair dye, don't let it make contact with the eyes...

Probably the longest five minutes of my day so far. While the hair color did change, my hair got more messy in the process. Mari will shave my hair if she sees me like this. At this point, I no longer care if my hair is this messy, the only thing that bothers me is if Yuki will like it. I sat down back on the bed and pulled out the pendant I got from the quest. I like it, I can only imagine how beautiful she would look wearing it. Fuck, I forgot I need to buy a necklace for it. Well, I can always do that later.

Why give her this pendant?

It's a keepsake. For the past few weeks that we've been crossing out Night's checklist of the quests to help them both gain levels and be on the safe side of the floor boss fight, I realized a few things that are probably the reason why I did this. After that meeting I made sure that Yuki won't be able to join the fight, I was naive to think I could stop her because it was dangerous. It was stupid to think that floor bosses aren't dangerous. I got angry at her when she wanted to join but when she got shut down by other players I got angry at them as well, what am I even? it is out of character for me to be this indecisive. Maybe it was because of my pride, that I am not qualified or rather it would be suicidal for me to join the fight. Yuki can do it but I can't, I'd die ones shit hits the fan. I felt a wave of regret and worry knowing I won't be able to join her, I didn't like it. I don't want another situation where I caught wind of someone dying in a floor boss only to find out it was the person I trusted. 

I don't want to be in a place where they tell me that Yuki didn't make it, god why am I such a pessimist. I should never drag Yuki to this nothingness or sadness that I feel. She's cheerful, always ready to help, I wanted to help her, I do. I tried to stop her from joining the frontlines only to pour down unnecessary conversations that will ruin her mood. I lost, she wants to join and there's nothing I can do about it. Why am I like this? I hate this, I hate myself. I only wanted to be with her in that fight but my incompetence has surfaced and slapped me with the harsh reality that I could never join her in this. I wanted to, I'm supposed to be her boyfriend and yet I will be nowhere once it starts.

Yes, this is who I am...

I think I'm looking tired because of this, I don't want to rest though. I brushed my hair with my hand, it's messy, a different color and then I am reminded again that times are different now. I am reminded of who cooks warm meals for me and gives it to me with a warm smile. That one person who wouldn't hesitate to smack me with her shield if I fall down my sadness hole again. The person who by making a big decision pushed me to go past my own complacency and tagged along with her to gain levels. Even so, it's not enough and at the end of the day, she can fight while I can't. She can't be stopped and I can't change her mind, so is the conclusion of my argument. That is why I took this quest...

And tears began to fall down...

In my fear of losing her, I tried to talk her out of it by setting a condition that she might not be able to reach but right now I think she's only a few levels away from that condition. So my last resort is this, a keepsake. A thing I got to remind her that if I can't join the frontlines then I am waiting in her home, this pink gerbera daisy in a form of a pendant is my only way to tell her to return to me with it, that we have to say our vows after the boss battle. Should I be thinking about the possibility that she won't return? god I'm pathetic, so pathetic but I will never leave her, I'll wait if ever, I am sad that my newfound happiness, my sunshine might be taken away from me by this game.

Edited by Crozeph

I should stop sulking, it's like what Hidden told me, I look like a bitch doing it. I can't help it, now I'm crying and I hate it. I shouldn't cry, no one's dead but somehow every time I look at this pendant, I feel like I might be losing something or someone. I shouldn't show Yuki this pathetic face I'm making, crying over not being with her in someplace dangerous, like a kid who got left behind and wait for nothing. Yes, a kid, maybe that's how I am acting right now and it's pathetic, this isn't even worth a page in a light novel. I'm just crying because I knew how the frontlines can end the lives of players and the worst of it all, she's a tank. I can't just sit inside her house stare outside and wait for her to... god damn it! why did I chose to stay inside floor ten for so long! if I didn't do that then we might be on the same level and worrying nothing about the...

I need some fresh air...

A few minutes and I'm back on the grasslands, how should I give it to her? should I make her turn around and wear it to her myself or give it to her wrapped in a beautiful box for necklaces? will it work? will she like it? I don't know. Now that I remember, I should start on writing what to say in our vows, I should stop this pessimism that I keep on cultivating in mind...

but it's true, right? the frontlines is where death nests more...

I need to clear my head and think of the simplest thought that I could think. Should I make it two pages or maybe just one page back to back? does font size exists here? wait should I memorize my vows? this is a bit nerve-wracking right now...

never forget the reality of this death game, we're all going to die at some point. Whether inside or in-game or maybe...

I need to calm down and write this down, I'm overthinking again and it's not healthy. I can use the draft section of my mail and write it down, what I feel and what I wanted for her. Should I start with "dear Yuki" or "to whom it may concern" for it? Nah it sounds like I'm making a letter. This is a vow we're talking about, just let the words flow. I opened my mail and lied down, looking at the window in front of me, just this time, let me be honest to me and let that honesty show my sincerity to Yuki.

I am Crozeph, you call me Chris because you knew my name, a guy who was your first customer and the same guy who you saw alone in Floor nine, eating and thinking to do a stupid thing. Saying that you are my sunshine might be an understatement but I will still say so, words may sound the same but it's meaning will determine it's weight, the feelings conveyed with it will tell if it was true or not. I lived a life believing that I don't need this thing we all call love, that my life is simply an existence trying to fulfill what it can. You, however, changed that, little by little, and before I realize that I can defend myself from it, I ended up defenseless in such happiness I saw in you. Every warm bowl of food you give to me would melt what seemed like walls of ice, distrust, doubts, and fear inside. That my previous fears were about if I'd die next or live but now it's about losing you. Now I can still turn back but just because I can doesn't mean I want to, because I want you.

I take these things too seriously, while we both know the benefits of this inside the game, I would say I benefit much more in having you in my life. This is what I feel and what I want you to know, my words at times are catalysts for trouble but right now I can say what I feel without questioning if this is true or not, because I'm sure it is. So here I am, your average guy, your deuteragonist making sure you, as the protagonist will live a life with me and I vow to love you until the last fragment of my existence fades. The rings will be the proof of it and I'd be proud to show it to anyone.

I gave it a thought and tried to edit some stuff out but it's a draft and it's bound to change, add more meaning to it, and hopefully be enough to get my sincerity to her. Now I should go to that floor where they plan weddings along with Yuki and get the preparations done.

~ ◙ ~ ◙ ~ ◙ ~ ◙ ~ ◙ ~ ◙ ~

Crozeph didn't notice that he had fallen asleep on the grass as the cool breeze sounded like a lullaby to him. Of course, if Yuki catches wind of this she'd be upset but the boy was already straining himself with all these disorganized thoughts inside his head. The quest is done and he got his rewards and so a day in the life of a guy who likes naps ended. One would ask if this nap will take too long yet no one will ever know. The only assurance is that once he wakes up he'll be returning to Mikoto No Shouen and live a life so different from what he had, a life that is brimming happiness he found from someone.