[OP-F8] The Eighth Floor Town Opening

The <>, the place, <>, a town suspended up in the trees above deep waters which likely were monster infested. At long last they had reached it. For the longest time the <> had been working hard to clear the 7th floor which suffered delay after delay and hold up after hold up. Hopefully this next floor would be very different. Miaki planned on marching straight for the dungeon soon as this was over. With every floor that was cleared, the ones who cleared it would stand just outside the teleportation gate which would soon open up to everyone allow free and full access to all players.

Miaki lost track of the time and knew that the gate would open about two hours after the previous boss was defeated. He sat on the ground with his head between his knees. "Seven down... ninety-three more to go. How? How are we suppose to do it? I'll be old and worn before we make it at this rate.... I wonder. Do our avatars age in this game?" He asked Keith, Daeron, and Shanok who were all close by.

Without much warning, the inner part of the gate began to shine brightly, and an orchestra could be heard playing an opening fanfare. Then came the rapid stream of players spilling out from the blue light of the gate. Some people stood inside the square while looking around. Others ran right out and started exploring the new area.

This was Miaki's first «Town Openings», a time to celebrate the defeating of another boss. The ones who were in the assault party, in this case Miaki, Daeron, Keith, and Shanok, were bathed in admiration and glory for their accomplishment. "I wonder who we will see coming through the gate. Will there be people we know? Im certain players I've never seen before will be thanking us for this accomplishment. Wonder what kind of reaction we will get."

Miaki wore his typical light brown trench coat, <>, and brown leather boots. As players started to flock in Miaki adjusted his black wire framed glasses real quick before standing tall as the players took notice of the Assault Team. His katana was tucked away under his coat and his falcon stood upon Miaki's left shoulder.

On my typical night walk, (while wearing my typical blue shirt, black pants, and the KoC logo on both) I went to where the boss battle was taking place. Soon after I got there, the boss room doors opened and I saw the teleportation gate opened. I saw 4 players walk into the gate and before they left I managed to congratulate them. Whether they heard me or not is a different story.

I followed shortly behind the players and went up to visit the 8th floor. As soon as I was teleported to the new floor, I looked around in wonder. About time we opened up a new floor. I should have never left for those meetings... Leading the past few raids paid off as we were able to clear 4 floors in 1 month. I said as I started to walk around.

I should find a place to stay before everyone else comes. I said as started to walk off in search of a great Inn to stay at.

Angel walked through the gateway to the next floor, curious to see the changes that had occurred since the Beta. He wore his Fallen Angel Armor, black military boots, and fingerless gloves. His spiky white hair was tied back with a bandanna as he looked around. He saw the group of players who had pulled off this astounding feat. He smiled. It was good to see players who were willing to stand up and beat the trials of this game. But he sighed. He hadn't been there to help them fight the threat. But he was glad that the job was done anyways. Angel approached each of the players and thanked them accordingly before going off to explore the rest of the floor.

Now I might want to find a place to stay before everyone else gets here. He opened his HUD and changed into his white shirt and jeans. He then got on his boots. Placing his blade Skyslicer in his back he searched the area. He then thought he seen some lakes back past the trees. He's scale there tommorow. Nothing bad to say about this floor it's just he couldn't wait tell floor nine.

Seldentar appears in a flash of blue light on the pad in the center of town looking around. He had seen the alert that Floor 8 was open, and was very interested in checking it out. With a new floor, he knew he had to get to work leveling up faster. He wanted to join the front lines by the time they found the dungeon on this floor, hopefully he will have his coat finished by then. He looks around as people appeared, looking for anyone he recognized.

As the portal to the eighth floor opened before him, Shanok had this feeling that his friends and him had accomplished something great. "Yeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!!! Guys! We did it!" he shouted happily. His friends and him then walked through the portal and arrived at the 8th floor's beginning town. Shanok sheathed his sword that he forgot the sheathe after the fight with Medusa. Shanok looked around the town, and then looked at his friends. "Guys, do you want to go somewhere to celebrate this victory? I'm sure we'll be able to find a nice place in this town" he told them as he started to go through his map to see if he could find a decent place to go to.

Seld walks over as he hears someone talking about victory. Looking back and forth between Shannok and Miaki, his eyes go wide. They must have been part of the team that took out the boss that meant! He walks over, a little nervous, but still excited.

"Did I hear correctly, are you guys part of the Assault team that took out the Boss?"

He extends his hand towards them.

Miaki shook hands with the several people that walked by. Most of the people he had never seen before and many were beginning to look the same as hundreds of players began flooding in. Very quickly the town square held up in the trees was full of players moving around on the newly discovered floor. Miaki was thanking people constantly as they patted the members of the assault team on the back and shook hands with them. Miaki was honestly starting to get overwhelmed a little by the number of people.

He heard Shanok ask them about going somewhere to celebrate. "Honestly Shanny, I think Im gonna disappear somewhere shortly and sleep. That boss took longer than I thought and so many people is starting to drain me. Thanks but I think I'll take a rain check for next time." He told his comrade.

Another player walked up to them and held out his hand in greeting. "Did I hear correctly, are you guys part of the Assault team that took out the Boss?" The player said to them.

"That's us." Miaki said as he shook hands with the player. "Miaki Murakami, the <> at your service."

Seldentar looks around at the crowd, realizing how many peoples attention was drawn. Slightly embarassed, he shakes his head.

"Sorry for all the attention. My name is Seldentar, its nice to meet you guys. Ive been a bit envious of the players out on the front lines, so I've been training to try to catch up one day. It would be nice to see what the bosses are like sometime..."

Seldentars thoughts drift off for a moment, then he looks back at Miaki.

"Anyway, it was nice to meet you. Who knows, maybe ill see you in a boss fight sometime."

Miaki dipped his head towards Seldentar. The man was sincere and Miaki liked that. He wasn't at all forceful or seemed like a person who would show arrogance in any way. He was very respectful too towards Miaki and those with him. Miaki gave him a warm smile and patted him on the side of the shoulder. "Well Seldentar, thank you for the concern and thank you for everything you do. There are many ways to serve people in Aincrad even without being on the frontlines. Although I will say working on the frontlines has it's own glory but were heavily reliant on others. We owe our lives to the blacksmiths who create our weapons and armor. Tailors for some of our gear and stat boosting armor. Alchemists for their invaluable potions. And artisans for their crafts. And let's not forget that every army marches on its stomach and that's where chefs make their shining moment."

He said all of this while constantly waving his hands about listing off each profession. Something Miaki picked up from his father was the fact that he was talkative and used his hands to animate his conversations. "But hey, there is always he next boss. Remember, we have one hundred floors in here. I'm certain you'll get your chance. But don't hesitate by waiting. Get yourself out there. That's how I got where I am. I took a risk and the next thing I knew I was leading this ragtag group up to the seventh floor boss room." He said while slapping Daeron and Keith on the back since they were standing beside him. "I look forward to seeing you in the next fight."

Seldentar looks at the group gathered from the last boss fight, then looks back at Miaki with a grin.

"Well, I better get to training then. It was nice to meet all of you, and I'll hope to see you at the next boss fight."

Seldentar turns away, a content look on his face. He was inspired by the front liners. While it was true that as a smith he could assist in many ways, in his heart he wanted to be in the thick of it, helping to free everyone from this death game with his own hand. And he would train until he was strong enough to do just that.

She saw the floor 8 doors open, wandering into the new floor, she spotted a man named <> And a familiar face. "Miaki!" She shouted as she ran over to him. Seeing Jace13 as she had passed him. She stood beside Miaki now. She looked around, finding trees beyond the town. She smiled around as she looked at him. "I hope to see you at the boss fight." She said, hoping to not miss it as everyone else had been excited for it too. Her eyes sparkling as she looked around, from what she could see it had been jungle, trees and vines. Of course very cool monsters would spawn here as well. She smiled as she had looked around.