[PP-F2] She's back for more.

The last of them was reeling from his previous attack, but it nimbly moved out of the way when he went to follow through. Alkor cursed his inadequate agility and lack of precision as he cut a swath through empty air and landed in the dirt with an unsatisfied grunt.

Now more than ever, he needed to focus. His irritation burned like embers in the pit of his stomach, and he stoked that rage in order to spur himself onward. "One left," he growled as he lowered his body and took a few deep breaths. He had to relax, to look for the opening, and to exploit it.

To do that, he waited for Yuki to lure it in and draw its focus entirely. Then, it wouldn't be able to see him coming. He watched it teeter to one side, then the other, and how it remained steadfast in the same pattern the other bees had used, albeit without others to weave through.

So, the algorithms didn't change much, even when they made it this far.

It really was only the second floor.

[6] Zajčica | HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 86/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25%
[1] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 23/58 (-2)| DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 5: 78/250  | 125 DMG | 25 MIT

ID# 158410 Battle: 4 <miss>

Good luck has to run out sometime!

Edited by Alkor
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuki watched the pattern of the bee. Every little move it made noted for her to use against it. Soon, it would use that movement to close in on her and attempt to make an attack. It missed yet again. Being a tank was great and everything, but it really sucked that she had to rely on her enemies being competent enough to actually hit her. "You would think that since you have specific skills that make you easier to hit, that things wouldn't have so much trouble actually attacking you. However, this bee and many other enemies continue to disprove that."

Her complaint was followed up with a sword slash. It tore through her target with ease but only did enough damage to nick it. No worse than a paper cut. Granted, she wasn't using any sword arts any more, but when use one when she'll still only do a single point of damage.

image.png

[6] Zajčica | HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 86/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25%
[1] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 23/58 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Another whiff.

Alkor bit down on his lip and the system mitigated the pain he felt, but he understood it. The tickle translated in his mind to failure. Every time he failed, he felt the rage rise that much more. It was a steady time coming back in, and if he strayed too long at the shoreline, he would start to drown in it.

He gripped the hilt of his weapon tightly and picked himself back up. Every time he fell down, it only spurred him to rise, stronger, hotter, angrier. Just like the Phoenix that once burned him, and the Hydra that tried to swallow him whole. Fire was the essence of Alkor.

And fire was reflected in his gaze as he stared at the wasp ahead of them. Just one more hit. One good, clean hit stood between the two Players and victory. "Steady!" he called. "We're almost there!"

[1] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 22/58 (-2) | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

ID# 158413 Battle: 1 <miss>

Edited by Alkor

"We're not almost there," Yuki said raising her hand as the bee approached her at high speed. "We've won!" With angry growl, she heaved her fist forward with force enough to send it into the dirt. The ground was left with divot where the bee impacted with it showing just how strong the tiny, pink haired tank could be when she used certain skills. Thank god for the system's help!

Yuki swiped her palms against each other to release the dust from them once combat was finished. "There we go. Normally I wouldn't use such a strong attack on an enemy that weak, but it was alive for way too long." She turned her bright smile back to Alkor and placed her hands at hips. "Good fight! I think we should rest up. You used a lot of sword arts, so I bet your energy is looking a bit low right now. The queen spawns with some other mobs with her, so you'll need to be in the fight for as long as possible." 

image.png

[1] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 22/58 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 5: 0/250 -(20+84) | 125 DMG | 25 MIT

Alkor skillfully spun Blightsteel and slid it into its sheath in a single, fluid motion. In contrast to the fiery anger driving him a moment before, now he moved more smoothly, almost flowing like water. He exhaled slowly, letting his thoughts gather. They needed to take a breather before the next encounter, and he needed to be fully prepared for it mentally physically, and otherwise.

"You really came through there," he told her. "Actually, honestly, you did almost all of the work. It felt like I was just along for the ride."

And as bad as it felt, he couldn't really be upset about it. Alkor had fallen woefully far behind the crowd, people he'd fought alongside on the Ninth floor were now at the twenty fifth. Most everyone, except perhaps Lessa, had probably forgotten him entirely.

He smiled a bit sadly at that thought.

When he finally got a chance to look her over, Alkor realized Yuki was a good deal smaller than he was, albeit proportional in terms of weight. They might be even on the scale, but because of his height, he was naturally lankier.

It almost made sense that she turned out a tank, and he was built for quicker, precise movement. "Hmmm," he looked away and rolled out his shoulders. "I don't know how I'll pay you back for helping me out, but I'll give it some thought," he said at last. "So, thanks."

"You owe me nothing. I owe you and apology for not disposing of the enemies sooner. Even as a front liner, my build is entirely reliant on how the enemies react." Yuki said as she pulled her blade halfway out of it's sheath. It the metal stores light for a moment, gathering it into the blade. Once it was finished she returned it to it's proper place and took a seat in the grass. "I am only doing my job of protecting people. I shouldn't be rewarded for doing something like this. It is expected of me."

With a deep breath, Yuki tried to brush off her serious nature and return to that bubbly personality that she had before they got into combat. "So! Nice to meet you Alkor. I am indeed a tank who is upcoming to the front lines. I have been on a hot grind for months up from level 1 straight to..." She opened her menu to check her level momentarily. Leveling so fast, you tend to forget what level you are. "Level 57."

Inspecting the man once again, she noticed her moved with a grace that a newer player wouldn't have. He was obviously leveled enough to know what he was doing, but he looked even more experienced than that. "You're special case, aren't'cha? Not a new player, but not just someone reaching the second tier. When I was in my second tier was when everything terrified me. I couldn't hardly level cause I was too weak as a tank. I always needed help from my DPS partner..." She thought about it. Crozeph was an old player that started to play the game when they were first trapped. Alkor himself was someone who carried the weight of a well experienced player. Could he be..? "You're an ex-front liner aren't you? I heard before that some people either disappeared or quit participating in the boss raids for one reason or another. Are you one of them?"

[Activates Parry!] -5 EN

He considered her words carefully. That was how he felt, too. No need for thanks, because this was the lot they were dealt. It was his duty to perform to the best of his ability, because everyone was relying on him. Relying on them, really. Everyone was in the same situation when you put things into perspective.

She spoke quickly and covered many things, but the crux fell when she asked the question that actually, not many people asked. "It was the ninth floor," he replied. "The boss fight. Everyone was in a hurry, panicked, disorganized. We had strong DPS, if we'd focused and raced faster, no one would have died."

Alkor exhaled sharply. "And... I barely made it out, myself. If not for the teleport crystal, I'd be dead, too. But I don't remember what happened after that." He glanced toward Yuki and gave a quiet shrug.

It was a somber topic for him.

"When I came to, they were clearing the twenty fourth floor, and everyone was miles ahead of my level. I couldn't just rejoin the Frontlines. And it's taken me this long to start getting back on the right track."

He sat himself down in the grass, seiza. 

"I've got so much work to do," he laughed.

Yuki's face fell to a grimace. She knew there was trouble on the front lines before, but she hard never met anyone who had been through it. People were dying before she even started. Maybe if she had just played this stupid game when it began, she could have prevented a lot of needless deaths. It was clear that was much reason to ask the details of the ninth floor boss as it was basically ancient history at this point.

"I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure that people live through their fights. If it means to sacrifice myself to protect another, then so be it. That, however, will not happen. This boss is going to eat my boot and all the bosses above it. By no means am I anyone important, or am I trying to be a savior, I simply want to see this the end of this world and to protect others. I'll do anything I can to get us all out of here. If I have to be come so powerful to do so, then I will grind. I will work my limbs to the bone and I'll find a way to be victorious."

Her eyes were trailing the grass. No one was expecting this of her. She didn't have to do these things for others, but she did so because she had the power so far. She would continue to use it to make sure that anyone who wanted to get out of this game would see the end of it.

He sat quietly for a moment, smiling. The gentle breeze of the second floor was a respite for any hardened Player. "It is good to have a goal," he said in earnest. "And you have certainly got the strength to follow through and see it to the end."

Despite that, Alkor had learned many difficult lessons himself about the world of Aincrad, its people, and the limits to what a person was capable of. His own crusade toward true strength, during those days before the Hydra fight, had cost him many memories. He'd pushed people away in pursuit of loftier heights. Alkor had come to believe that he didn't need anyone.

But Aincrad taught the community trapped within something very different. "We're stronger together," he finally said as he broke free from his thoughts. "All of us. So it's important to raise people up from their lows and reach out a hand in their moments of darkness and despair. There's no way to do what needs to be done alone."

Alkor smiled toward Yuki genuinely. "You sound like I did," he said, "and I don't think it's wrong to want to do your best at all. Just don't forget to lean on others along the way."

"I've leaned on others since the day that I stepped out of the Town of Beginning's safe zone." Yuki said as she stood to her feet, noticing her stats regenerate to full once again. "I think now it's time that other's leaned on me. After all, my own goals are furthered by furthering other's. If we all get strong, we can mow down every single one of these bosses and spit in Kayaba's face."

Her faith would not be broken. She used to be of the fear mindset. Terrified of dying in this game and relying on others to clear that game for them. She knew that people were scared, and she would be that person they cold rely on. She would also be there for the people who need help reaching the front lines. "I am ready for a fight again. If you are as well, we shouldn't waste any more time. The bees could respawn and we would have to fight more before the queen or something."

Spoiler

Stats Restored.

Yeah... I guess that's fair. 

Alkor recalled how little actual damage the tank was doing, and what she said made absolute sense. If not for DPS, it would take forever to kill mobs and complete quests under those conditions. He wondered what it would have been like to be open to people like that from the beginning. Would things have happened differently? Would he have more friends, and would he be on the Frontlines now, still?

It didn't matter now, though.

"Sounds like you learned faster than I did," he sighed. That was good, though. The more of them who understood the importance and value of working as a community in cohesion, the better they would be in the long term. "Yeah, I'm about ready to go again," he agreed as he took the sheath from the ground in front of him and returned it to his waist.

Alkor stood upright slowly and stretched himself out.

"Let's get back to it!" he smiled.

It didn't take long for the Queen to come rounding through the trees with it's loyal servants in tow. Saved them the time of having to find her at least. Before they could even engage in combat, Yuki grabbed her horn, said the key words for howl and the small horn became much larger around her body. With a deep breath, she loaded her lungs with air and blew through the horn emitting it's beautiful blue light.

All the bees came for her instantly. The Queen came in first, her hand moved faster than light for her blade and parried it's stinger in a flash. For a tank, she seemed to move faster than one would expect, but really is was just the system intercepting her movement to block the oncoming attack. The stinger caught her, but she remembered that this creature was capable of paralysis. Not with parry active this time around, yet the bleed remained. "Not this time, shit head."

image.png

[4, 4, 4, 4] Zajčica | HP: 1211/1230 ((200-166*.5)+2) | EN: 107/114 -(10)+3 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25% | PARRY | [BLEEDING: 24/2]
[0, 0, 0, 0] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 58/58 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 1: 250/250 | 125 DMG | 25 MIT
Bee Minion 2: 166/250 -(84) | 125 DMG | 25 MIT
Bee Minion 3: 250/250 | 125 DMG | 25 MIT
Wasp Queen: 391/500 (25+84) | 200 DMG | 75 MIT

This time, it was even more imperative that he hit hard and fast. The Queen actually dealt a modicum of damage when it smacked Yuki's health bar, and while that didn't mean they were going to lose, it didn't mean he could slack off.

The weakest left after her initial attack was the second in the entourage. He immediately selected his target and amplified his attack with his sword art once more. Like a streak of black lightning across the field, Alkor surged into conflict.

And the bee reeled as he struck, hard and fast.

This time, he was mentally relaxed, and he understood his partner a little better. The trust between them had risen just a little, but that was enough. Now they could fight more cohesively.

I've got this. Just keep swinging til the last one dies. Then we win.

He landed, skidding, and skipped to a halt behind the trio of add enemies. It was his job to fell them, and he wasn't going to fail at it.

[4, 4, 4, 4] Zajčica | HP: 1211/1230 | EN: 107/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25% | PARRY | [BLEEDING: 24/2]
[0, 1, 0, 0] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 47/58 (-11) | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 2: 81/250 (-85)  | 125 DMG | 25 MIT 
Wasp Queen: 316/500 | 200 DMG | 75 MIT

ID# 158780 Battle: 8 Alkor activates LEGION DESTROYER! <hit!>

10 × 11 = 110 - 25 = 85 Damage!

Edited by Alkor

Yuki grinned this is where it got more fun. The bleed that the Queen had inflicted on her handed done hardly anything. The damage that it was known to output practically shaved off completely. She was a vanguard, impossible to be put down by even the toughest of enemies.The bee's surrounded her once again. She sheathed her weapon in it's holster and simply beckoned them to try her. The first minion missed her completely, even though she was standing completely still. The next felt her fist as it stabbed her. The Queen herself wouldn't be excluded from the pain. As it came in to lay waste to her, she returned the gesture and planted her fist into being.

The Queen bee smashed into the ground with nearly enough force to crack the dirt under her. It struggled to get back up. "Sit down. Who's stunned now?" The paladin gloated, remembering her last escapade with this boss.

image.png

[4, 4, 4, 4] Zajčica | HP: 1217/1230 | EN: 100/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25% | [BLEEDING: 24/0]
[0, 1, 0, 0] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 58/58 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 2: 81/250 (-85)  | 125 DMG | 25 MIT 
Wasp Queen: 287/500 -(2*10+84) | 200 DMG | 75 MIT | Stunned!

Alkor took the opportunity, as he spun round, to mark both of the wasps other than the Queen as his target. If he was successful with the next attack, both of the mobs would be much easier to kill afterward. So, as he rushed forward and began to charge the sword art, Alkor dipped his body and prepared to lunge between both wasps at once.

But they sped apart, in opposite directions. As if they were aware of his plan, the wasps went winging toward safety and sped back around to flank their Queen and protect her from Yuki.

Alkor cursed under his breath. He hit the dirt and dug in, his blade held out to the side. "Well, that didn't work," he muttered. Admittedly, he hadn't picked the weapon he currently used for its proclivity for AoE based attacks, and even if he managed to hit, the damage would have been negligible when compared with an equivalent single target attack.

Well, he supposed it was better to stick to what he was good at. "You holding up okay?" he called to the tank, who he knew was probably fine- but showing a bit of compassion and concern, Alkor had learned, was never bad for morale.

4, 4, 4, 4] Zajčica | HP: 1217/1230 | EN: 100/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25% | [BLEEDING: 24/0]
[0, 0, 0] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 44/58 (-4) | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Wasp Queen: 287/500 | 200 DMG | 75 MIT | Stunned!

ID# 158911 Battle: 1

<miss>

Edited by Alkor

Yuki watched the Wasp Queen slowly get back up from it's rest in the grass. Her focus wouldn't be diverted from it as long as she was still standing. The minions meant nothing to her as long as they kept trying to attack her and not Alkor.

"Don't worry about it, I've had much more embarrassing moments than you can believe. Don't dwell on mistakes for very long, just move on and become better." Yuki explains without removing her gaze from the boss monster. Her blade slashed through the beast quickly, leaving a tiny scratch mark.

They returned with an attack of their own. Their stingers pierced through her armor, doing hardly any damage whatsoever to her sturdy build and leaving her just as unaffected as her own attack. They paid for their insolence of attacks however, taking a good bit of damage. She shook them off of her and readied for the next assault of attacks.

image.png
image.png
(ID158914 useless, mis-click)

[4, 4, 7] Zajčica | HP: 1217/1230 | EN: 100/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25%
[0, 0, 0] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 44/58 (-4) | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 1: 166/250 -(84) | 125 DMG | 25 MIT
Wasp Queen: 202/500 -(1+84) | 200 DMG | 75 MIT

His next move was to revert to the tried and true strategy of "one target at a time." Though it might have slowed the process overall, his accuracy and efficiency increased so it was a small price. Alkor readied his sword art once more and waited until the bees crossed back into the familiar pattern, and at the instant he unleashed his attack...

...the first wasp minion crossed into his line of fire. Alkor unleashed a torrent of blows in rapid succession and his blade struck hideously true. True to the point, in fact, he witnessed it applying the horrific debuff for the first time.

Blight was like bleed, but more grotesque. The afflicted area spoiled like rotten meat, gangrenous, and slowly blackened. It was as though his attack sent a pulse of necrotic energy through the wound and warped the victim over time, rather than simply opening a wound that would bleed.

Alkor decided that it was a much, much worse fate as he hit the dirt, because the wasp instantly began to writhe. It wasn't a humanoid, so the effects were far more pronounced and visible. The creature began to waste away, visibly, even as it focused on the tank.

"Well," he grinned. "Sometimes the tricks of the trade come through for you."

[4, 4, 7] Zajčica | HP: 1217/1230 | EN: 100/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25%
[2, 0, 0] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 34/58 (-11) | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 1: 45/250 -(121) | 125 DMG | 25 MIT [BLIGHT 24/2]
Wasp Queen: 202/500 | 200 DMG | 75 MIT

ID# 158924 Battle: 9

Alkor activates LEGION DESTROYER! A CRITICAL hit! 

10 + 1 = 11 × 11 = 121 - 25 = 97 damage!

<BLIGHT> is applied! Bee Minion one is now taking 24 unmitigated damage for two turns.

Edited by Alkor

The familiar blight of a cursed and retched weapon, much like Jack's Executioner. Yuki knew it well. Through the entirety of Tier two, Night had used and extremely powerful blighted weapon that melted everything in their way. She had been so jealous of Night's prowess with that weapon when she could barely keep herself alive through most of the boss fights. Without her, who know's where she would be now.

Tuning her focus back into the battle, Yuki readies her sword for an actual sword art for once. The blade slashes through each target, applying a secondary status effect to the blighted bee. It would die momentarily. Yuki looked to Alkor and smiled. "Focus the Queen now before she-" Does exactly that. A stinger pierced the paladin's back and through her chest. Soon, the paralysis took effect. making it impossible to move. She limped on the ground and stayed there, unable to stand back up.

image.png

[8, 7, 10] Zajčica | HP: 1230/1230 -(47)+61 | EN: 100/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25%
[2, 0, 0] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 34/58  | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 1: 8/250 -(1+36) | 125 DMG | 25 MIT [BLIGHT 24/2] [BLEED: 36/2]
Bee Minion 3: 166/250 -(84)| 125 DMG | 25 MIT
Wasp Queen: 201/500 -(1) | 200 DMG | 75 MIT

Alkor didn't quite catch what he should stop the Queen from doing, but he felt like it had something to do with the sudden debuff afflicting the tank. 

Paralysis was one of the more sinister statuses in Aincrad, because unlike in other games, you literally got to feel completely powerless as things attempted to take your life. The only comparable sensation in the real world might be live combat during war. Most of the people inside Aincrad had not experienced that kind of hell, so it was natural they would be unprepared for it mentally.

He snapped immediately into action and took what he did know from what Yukon said. He switched his attention entirely to the Wasp Queen, and he launched his sword art. His blade moved with unparalleled quickness as it sliced cleanly through the insects and left lines of sheared data where he'd struck her.

Hopefully, that would help Yuki get a moment to recover. Against the field boss, Alkor's attacks were far less devastating- but the damage was something, nonetheless.

As he landed, the first bee expired from another tick of his Blight stack.

[8, 7, 10] Zajčica | HP: 1230/1230 -(47)+61 | EN: 100/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25%
[0, 1] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 34/58  | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 3: 166/250 | 125 DMG | 25 MIT
Wasp Queen: 166/500 -(35) | 200 DMG | 75 MIT

ID# 59293 Battle 6

Alkor activates LEGION DESTROYER! A hit!

10 × 11 = 110 - 75 = 35 damage!

[BLIGHT] ticks Bee Minion one for 24! Bee Minion 1 expires!

As the paladin laid there helplessly on the ground, Alkor made his move. Damn, she really wished that she could have avoided this. She knew the bee was capable of paralysis, and luckily enough, she had gained enough hate over her damager duo to ensure that he wouldn't be targeted the moment that she was put on the ground. 

The bee herself stabbed at the ground, missing Yuki's immobile body entirely. How she could have missed such an easy target, she'll never know. The minion had the right idea though. It took a moment to inspect it's target for the weakest point in her armor and pierced right through, completely unaffected by her thorns.

image.png

[7, 10] Zajčica | HP: 1230/1230 -(1)+61 | EN: 100/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25% | PARA
[0, 1] Alkor | HP: 590/590 | EN: 34/58  | DMG: 10 | MIT: 48 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 0 | BLT: 24

Bee Minion 3: 166/250 | 125 DMG | 25 MIT
Wasp Queen: 166/500 | 200 DMG | 75 MIT