[PP | F1] Fetch Quest and Friendships <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

It was a new day and Katoka was in good spirits after a real meal both last night and this morning. Walking down the streets of the Town of Beginnings felt completely different than it did yesterday, with the multiple levels she had gained and the larger pool of HP she had set her a bit at ease. With the low level monsters that were left around the town she felt confident that she could survive long enough to either fight or escape if need be. She was still very low compared to the frontliners, but her confidence was just the boost she needed to start the day.

She had also exchanged a few messages with the guild master of Firm Anima after dinner last night who accepted her into their ranks. As a result she was meeting up with another new member so they could begin the next step of the lessons quest she had started yesterday. While apprehensive about meeting someone new, she was happy to have a bit of help joining her today.

@Ruler

Spoiler

Name: Katoka
Level: 4
HP: 80
EN: 8
SP: 4/9

Damage: 4
Mitigation: 0
Accuracy: 0

Inventory

Weapons/Tools:

Curved Sword | Rare (+2 Damage)

Armor:

Starter Armor (Female) | Vanity

Consumables:

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
(5) Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+40 HP)
(1) Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)
(1) Tier One Over-Health Potion of Special quality. (+50 HP to maximum HP for remainder of thread)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alicia sighed to herself. Meeting new people wasn't what she wasn't best at, especially in this game, but she had to move on from Riley and Connor at some point. If she stayed hung up on their deaths, they might haunt her for the rest of her life or something. Well, she was supposed to be meeting a cute girl by the name of Katoka today, a new guild member in the guild that she had just joined as well. If she was going to meet anyone, she decided it would be best to find one of the members that was around her level.

Finally she found the meeting place that Katoka had given her and saw the girl waiting. Ruler promptly made her way over and gave the girl a warm smile. "Good day. I am Ruler. We met at the Cathedral of the Forgotten not too long ago. I don't think I gave my best introduction there, but my name is Ruler. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." The girl said with a slight bow. She carried that elegant flare as always along with the massive banner rolled around her spear on her back. "We are going to be questing today. I can lead if you prefer. Also-" She paused and pulled out a box of Mochi, enough to feed two players. "I bought these, they're supposed to buff you're luck, which Raidou told me could be a factor in this specifc quest. Please help yourself!"

@Katoka

Spoiler

Name: Ruler
Level: 4
HP: 80/80
EN: 8/8

Stats:
Damage: 6
LD: 6
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Flag of War[THAS/Rare/T1] DMG II

Luminosité Eternelle[Trinket/Perfect/T1]LD III
Misc: Maiden's Forgiveness[Trinket/Perfect/T1] ACC III

Skills:
Two-Handed Assault Spear [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:
Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(50hp)*3
Ice Cream Mochi(LD III)*2 < Using and Transferring 1 to Katoka

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Katoka was leaning against the wall of a building not far from the blacksmith's place. She hoped that the location wasn't too difficult to find, but she was also a bit nervous so her thoughts were racing. It seemed like an hour had gone by but in reality it had only been about 10 minutes when she saw the beautiful girl come around the corner. Katoka remembered why she had felt so intimidated by her again, she was gorgeous and had such a regal aura about her. When she had arrived she reintroduced herself as Ruler, and Katoka hung in her every word. When Ruler offered her Mochi to help with the quest her eyes lit up and she happily took it.

"T-Thank you so much!" she bowed quickly, "I'm Katoka in case you forgot. I look forward to completing this quest with you today!"

Katoka gave Ruler her sweetest smile and began to eat the mochi. She let out a small moan of ecstasy at the flavor, "It's so good!"

Food Consumed: Ice Cream Mochi(LD III)

@Ruler

"I believe so as well." Ruler offered a warm smile while partaking in the serving of Mochi with her. She had been lucky to find the cook outside of Coral on her way to the Cathedral. She seemed to be one of the only places she had found so far that serves more traditional Japanese food. "The person who made this buffed food seems to live on the path towards the guildhall. It's pretty easy to pass, but you may have seen a Japanese style mansion. It is apparently also a restaurant. I can show you some time if you're free"

Ruler put the box that contained the mochi back into her inventory and sighed with a smile. Looks like she already was warming up to another person, but that still felt somewhat bad. She  worried that this would be another case with Conner and Riley. She definitely wasn't going to be leaving the girl all alone to fight by herself though. "The black smith we're meeting is right in here. Would you like to lead, or shall I?"

Katoka rubbed her stomach after finishing the mochi, "That was perfect, and I'd love to go eat there with you sometime!" she blushed quickly at how quickly she had answered, eating together with such a beautiful woman was a treat in itself, but traditional Japanese food as well? She would be in heaven on Aincrad.

"If you wouldn't mind, you can take the lead. I'm not very experienced and while I know you're still a bit new as well, you seem like you are much more reliable than I am." she blushed again and played with her hair nervously. Jeez, what had gotten into her lately, all these cute and pretty girls made her feel like her head was constantly filled with more blood than it needed and the fact that they even wanted to talk to her made her head spin.

'Get a hold of yourself Katsumi, remember to keep your heart guarded until you get to know her better.' she said in her head.

Ruler nodded, noticing the girls slightly reddened face. Something seemed a little out of place, but it wasn't necessarily her position to ask. The younger girl before her was rather cute. She remembered that all the player avatars got wiped when Kayaba introduced them all to their fate. Is this what she really looked like in real life? She looked like someone straight out of a J-RPG or something.

"Very well. I am somewhat experienced with these type of games, however, I cannot gaurntee that my knowledge of this one will benefit us. Do you're best to keep yourself out of harms way, and I will back you up." A warm smile continued on her expression as she began to lead the way into the blacksmith's shop. The conversation with him was short, but it seemed like another fetch quest for them. This wouldn't be her first time in combat, but she would surely do her best. Once they were finished with Lyle, Ruler began to lead them out into the wilds. "Have you participated in a combat situation yet? If not, I can demonstrate for you before you give it a go."

Katoka hurried after Ruler when they left the shop, from what she gathered they needed to kill boars and collect their drops. It seemed simple enough, but she was still nervous. The thought of somehow messing up and either of them dying was a very real fear, this wasn't just a game no matter how much it seemed like it. "I.. No, I've never fought before. This will be my first time." she responded, gripping the hilt of her curved sword at her hip. Her expression quickly changed, "But I won't get in your way, if you could give me a quick demonstration then that's all I should need." she bowed deeply to show respect for Ruler as her senpai.

Ruler seemed very dependable, but she also seemed very sad at the same time, like there was something that happened that she thinks about often. Katoka wanted to ask, but knew better than to pry into other people's business.

This is her first fight, as she imagined. Poor girl didn't look as if she had any enhanced gear yet. She herself had an extra piece... Maybe...

Opening her menu for a moment, Ruler smiles warmly as she pulls clicks the "unequip" button. All the armor of metal was removed from her person with a flash of light, and set in her hands. A warm smile greeted Katoka as her menu went down, along with a little gift. "Here. This will keep you safe. Don't go rushing into battle without putting it on okay? I'd hate it if you got beaten up too much."

With that, Ruler turned around to look on the boars. There were four. Just enough for her to hit them all with an area of effect. "When you activate a sword art, draw your energy into your weapon and allow the system to take control. It will feel forced at first, but just watch." Ruler raised her polearm to the sky, the banner blowing elegantly in the breeze. Soon, the metal turned completely golden and shining with the radiance of the sun. Ruler moved fast through the battle field, piercing each and every enemy around her. The boars stood no chance. The all exploded into polygons, except for one.

The boar charged her and clashed against her weapon as the light faded. "Well, looks like you were lucky enough to live? I ran out of energy so fast. How sad."

image.png
(Not enough energy to attack Boar 4, using as a MD against Ruler)

Spoiler

Transfering Light Armor to Katoka as a free action to be returned after the quest. 
Maiden's Garb[Light Armor/Perfect/T1] MIT II; EVA I

Ruler | HP:80/80 | EN:1/8 | DMG:6 | ACC:3 | LD:6
Katoka [put your stats in here]

Boar Pup 1: 5/5 | 3 DMG
Boar Pup 2: 5/5 | 3 DMG
Boar Pup 3: 5/5 | 3 DMG

Boar Pup 4: 5/5 | 3 DMG

3 tusks found

image.png

Katoka quickly tapped above the armor and equipped in the UI, she was surrounded with a flash of light and was now in Ruler's armor. She suddenly felt as though she could feel the transfer of body heat from the clothing to herself, but that couldn't be right? Was Cardinal able to do such a thing? She shook her head and listened to her partner's instruction, it seemed easy enough. The system would do most of the work after all. The little blonde watched as the regal woman before her smashed her banner toting spear into the ground and killed three boars in one go.

"Amazing." she said in complete awe. While Ruler was holding the final boar back, Katoka felt like she smelled something sweet from the armor. Surly the system wouldn't transfer her smell too would it? She stopped herself from taking the time to smell the outfit and instead drew her sword in preparation for combat for the first time.

Spoiler

Equipping gifted armor that will be returned at the end of the quest
Maiden's Garb[Light Armor/Perfect/T1] MIT II; EVA I

Ruler | HP:80/80 | EN:1/8 | DMG:6 | ACC:3 | LD:6
Katoka | HP:80/80 | EN: 8/8 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3 

Ruler watched the boar effortless try to get close to the maiden. It reached in and tried to ram her, but she kept her polearm in its face, making sure distance could not be gained on her.

Even with her attention to the boar, Ruler could tell the younger blonde was faltering over something. Was she still scared? She looked a little blush in the face. "Katoka? Are you alright?" She asked, barely swooping out of the way of a strike as the boar found it's chance and wasted it. Somehow it felt weird to say that she couldn't dodge as well with her armor off as she could with it on.

"Ready your weapon and make an attack. Do not be afraid of fighting. You are strong and you can do this." The golden maiden affirmed. Ruler wanted to ensure that Katoka felt safe in her mind. If she doubted herself, she may not do as well as she could. "I believe in you" She said with a quick smile, still wrestling with the baby boar.

image.png

Ruler | HP:80/80 | EN:2/8 | DMG: 6 | ACC: 3 | LD: 6
Katoka | HP:80/80 | EN: 8/8 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3 

Taking a deep breath, Katoka positioned herself so that she could activate her skill Rage Blow. With Ruler's words of encouragement all her worries left her body as her sword began to glow, she let the system take over as she charged in and cleaved the boar in two. It fell into two halves and burst into polygons in front of them both. Katoka looked shocked and turned to her fellow guild member. No, her new friend, "I-I did that. I did that!" she jumped up and hugged around Ruler's neck laughing, "Did you see me Ruler? I actually did it!"

She let go of the banner toting knight blushed slightly while grinning like an idiot. She twirled around in her armored dress and posed with her sword, "Alright little pigs, who wants more? We're having bacon tonight!" she jabbed in the air playfully. She felt confident enough now that with her new friends and the right gear, she could live a new life in this game of death.

82d17e4f4d9e1834ec0c38c3a3fba696.png.24287d6b179a812fc5d7c296221abfb3.png

deb1bd58aeca3b59ff5b7f8197c28f4f.png.a1f8de532ea0c86380b9f0d8d0bb1994.png

Katoka | HP:80/80 | EN: 6/8 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 18 | LD: 3 

Edited by Katoka

Ruler was busy, pushing back the boar so it wouldn't damage her when Katoka's sword cleaved it clean in half. Her precision was great, she knew that she could-

Ruler's face turned completely red as Katoka wrapped her arms around her body. The sweet smell of what she might assume was her perfume whafted into Ruler's nostrils. Beet red and slightly nervous, the golden blonde was about to wrap her own arms around the smaller girl when she pulled away. She rubbed her hand against her mouth, trying to hide her embarrassment. 

"G-Great job, Katoka, but it looks like you missed the drop on that one." Ruler takes her banner and offers it to the younger girl. "Here, this will increase the odds at which they drop. That's why I got all of mine in one go. I'm not allowed to help you, or they wont drop anymore. It's all on you." She did choose the name Ruler to feel somewhat regal, yet she felt like Katoka was a pretty innocent person and telling her her real name wouldn't be much of a problem. "Um, if you would, I would prefer you to call me Alicia, but please don't tell anyone else my name."

Spoiler

Luminosité Eternelle[Trinket/Perfect/T1]LD III - Transferred to Katoka until the end of the thread.

Katoka had completely forgotten about the tusks they were supposed to collect, she sighed in defeat but was surprised at Ruler offering her her banner. She accepted it but looked concerned, "Are you sure? I feel bad taking all of your things." she tapped the UI on the item and equipped it, unsure of where it would go when she did. She was also surprised at the offer to call her by her real name.

"T-Thank you for trusting me with your name A-Alicia. I'll try my best to use it when we are alone... together..." she blushed again and rubbed the back of her head, "Oh! It's only fair you know my name as well, I am Katsumi but my close friends call me Katsu." She gave Alicia a big grin and turned around, "Now, where did this banner go? Is it on my back or-" she began to spin around to look at her back but started to get dizzy.

Spoiler

Luminosité Eternelle[Trinket/Perfect/T1]LD III - Equipped until the end of the thread

Alicia giggled slightly as Katsu turned to find the banner that was indeed latched to her back now. She walked over and put her hand on Katsumi's shoulder. "Thank you for trusting me with your name as well. I will not infringe upon your courteous by disclosing it to others, without your approval of course. And, yes, the item is firmly holstered to your back. It will help boost your luck a bit, making sure these drops happen."

Another boar joined the fray after some time. Alicia pulled free her rapier and decided to move in front of her new friend. She turned and gave the bleached-blonde a slight pat on the head. How was she getting so easily attached to this girl even though she had just met her? "You do what you're good at and I'll ensure that it doesn't hurt you, does that sound alright?" She asked looking back at the boar with her secondary weapon in tow.

Katsu grinned again, but this time she had a smug look in her eyes, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." she said as she charged up a another Rage Blow against the next boar. This time though her skill missed it's mark when the boar decided to move out of the way at the last second and she stumbled forward almost losing her balance. "Well shit." she said in frustration, feeling slightly embarrassed that Alicia saw that.

Just then she realized that she was right next to a hostile mob that she had just tried to attack, "Uh oh." the boar reared back and head butted her in the rear. Thankfully her borrowed armor took the brunt of the damage and she was left more with bruised pride than anything. Katsu turned around quickly to face her enemy with tears of embarrassment welling in the corners of her eyes.313fde8ec62aaa52084094327a2120f4.png.cf79c72bf5c660a7ac330fcd8961cacd.png

Katoka | HP:79/80 | EN: 3/8 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 18 | LD: 36

Edited by Katoka

Ruler did her best to keep the boar in line, but it seemed to have noticed that Katsumi was a greater threat here than Alicia. She didn't have much time to react to the boar's pressing attack when Katsumi was open. She was really glad that she had lent her the armor. "Don't worry, dear." Alicia said, calmly, trying not to freak out, as she knew that the sun would fall before Katsumi took any meaningful damage from that boar. "I gave you that armor so you could make mistakes and not be so heavily punished for it. Don't rush yourself. Learn from your mistakes and become a better person because of it."

She was doing her best not to coddle the girl, as she wasn't a child, but she didn't want to sound harsh to her either. Hopefully she could understand. Alicia did jab at the boar with her rapier, however, to make sure that it didn't get an easy second hit on her emerald-clad friend.

Katoka was a bit embarassed ebing called dear by such a beautiful woman, but she didn't hate it either. Gripping her sword with a newfound determination, "I will not be made a fool in front of a pretty girl by a stupid boar." She charged up her skill once again and separated the boar's top half from it's bottom, it's polygons exploding around her and whipping her hair about her face. She slashed her sword to the side in a sort of salute and turned to see she once again didn't receive a tusk.

"Uuugh, even with these buffs I can't get a stupid boar tusk?" she sighed and turned to Alicia, "I'm just not lucky finding quest materials. Sorry you're stuck with such an unlucky person." she laughed nervously and played with her hair a bit with her free hand. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly to gather herself again, she would get a tusk next time.

18c461d2eb9b8825e66c51aa0006fd2a.png.487cb1fbdb2c9ecf74008356b1c5d910.png

Katoka | HP:79/80 | EN: 2/8 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 18 | LD: 36

310524a1fd4a6a7cda277a2cf7150ff0.png.3566442d69e8688c11230403931a0339.png

Edited by Katoka

"P-Pretty?" Ruler asked as the boar exploded into pixels around them. Not even very many boys had called her pretty in high school. Was Katsumi trying to hit on her now? What was this? She had only just met this person yet her blush couldn't be controlled. She couldn't keep her mind straight with this.

"I-I am pretty? Really?" She asked, although not so voluntarily. Her mouth spoke before she had time to think about whether or not that was good thing to be asking. Maybe it meant nothing. Maybe she was just attempting to compliment Ruler on her looks because they were new friends. Though no matter what she got her mind on, it always led back to the question of if this girl was actually trying to flatter her. She seemed like such an innocent person, but she either really speaks her mind, or she is doing her best to make sure she win's Alicia's approval.

Katsu turned beat red after realizing she had said that out loud, "Of course you are dummy, I wouldn't have said it otherwise." she spun around quickly to try and hide her face but there was very nearly steam rising from her head. What had gotten into her? She had never really felt this way towards anyone before, let alone another girl. She had a slight crush on a boy in the past which is what got her into video games, but this felt different, despite being in a virtual world, more real.

Marching robotically towards the next boar she readied another Rage Blow in an attempt to clear her mind. She obliterated this one as well and when she turned she found it had dropped a tusk. "Yes! Finally!" she held it up for her companion to see, "I finally got one Alicia!" she did a small dance in celebration and breathed a sigh of relief.

1.png.a5bb2d1a9080cb540f039554804ec754.png

Katoka | HP:79/80 | EN: 0/8 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 18 | LD: 36

Boar Pup: 5/5 | 3 DMG

2.png.15e8fed60c2c13fb1107877bbd82a222.png

Tusks Gathered: 1/3

Edited by Katoka

"K-Katsumi-san?" Alicia's face burned hotter than it really should be. This was bothering her so much, why couldn't she just keep her composure? Was she already falling for someone she just met? She knew that her interest lied in women over men, even only Connor and Riley knew that about her. It's why they were so easy to get along with because they didn't constantly try flirt with her. Now she was actually being flirted with by another woman. Strangely enough, she had never really met anyone appealing up until now. Katsumi was a bubbly and innocent personality that made her want sacrifice life and limb for.

It was then that Alicia noticed the approaching enemy coming towards the dancing little upbeat. She called out to her. "Watch out Katsumi-san!" Ruler said as she charged over to her position to attempt to block the attack of the boar before got hit this time.