[PP-F22] << Tanabata Event>> Stars By Switchfoot

Time to test the abilities of the scouting duo...

Crozeph stood by the lake waiting for his scouting friend to return with the instructions on how to find things or rather the event materials. This will be the first time that both of them are on a quest to gather materials and to actually act like scouts. Not that they're as good as the likes of some like that guild named Firm Anima that he has heard off. The two of them are like tier-one scouts trying to make a name for themselves and also this might be a good time to give Shirogane the armor he got from quests. 

"Now what kind of material are we going to gather?" he thought. He had prepared food buffs for him and Shirogane and somehow he felt a little excited hearing about this quest. "I wonder what else can we do aside from submitting it for that railway" he was still caught up on his thoughts when he saw his friend making her way towards him. Crozeph donned his black yukata and ate a mochi made by Yuki "time for Shirogane to have a taste of Yuki's divine cooking" he thought as he looked at the serene lake.

Inventory [ooc]
Kuro Yukata LD III [equipped] 
x2 T1 perfect Mochi LD III [consumed 1]

Given to Shirogane
T1 perfect Mochi LD III

stat.jpg.b5e530f877052de8dce929c122ea427d.jpg

Crozeph [Level 47]
  | HP: 960/960 | EN: 94/94
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 15(+3) | EVA: 1 | MIT: 54
  | FRZ: 1 | REC: 2 | BH: 28 | LD: 1(+6)

Total SP: 192
  Allocated: 190
  Remaining: 2

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Perfect]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath [T2 Perfect]
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code [T2 Perfect]
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble [+1 EVA +1 Life-Mending]
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/8

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 3/5 [+27 HP regen]
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 3/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3
  7. Searching | Passive | RANK 1 +1 LD

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

"Ok we'll go look for your friend's clothing," Shirogane told the kids and made sure that the kids won't even try to jump into the lake "now stay together, times like these doesn't mean you have to leave each's other's side" she added. Shirogane's smile somewhat worked like a charm on the two boys and they nodded before walking towards the safe side of the like. "Mattaku, I can't even think of any other way to join this event. I'm quite sure that senpai is already thinking of ways to one-up this" she thought. It was the second event that she'll be doing, the first one was the easter egg hunt and as much as she wants to join festivities, she had to postpone it in exchange for some rewards.

Shirogane ran back to Crozeph her kimono was already equipped and for some reason, she also saw Crozeph in his classic black yukata "isn't that the one you use to wear way back?" she asked him. "Now the quest is simple, we look for an article of clothing that might belong to some boys' friend," she told him "and then we can gather those stars you speak of" Shirogane gained some levels after that last quest with him but she wasn't expecting her senpai to gain levels so fast. Shirogana pouted "no fair, how come you get to level up fast while I help Jeca and Alca set up their guildhall?" she muttered complaining before eating the mochi roll that Crozeph handed to him "ohhh! this is good senpai!" she uttered as soon as she tasted it.

Stats
Level: 6
HP: 120/120 I EN: 12/12 I DMG: 6 I MIT: 17 I ACC: 1 I EVA: 0 I HM: 1 I LD: 1(+3)
Skills: 2-Handed Assault Spear I Heavy Armor R1
Equips: Ko-Naginata [DMG II] I O-Yoroi [HM I/ MIT I] I Belladona hair comb [ACC I/ LD I]

consumed:
Mochi LD III

Edited by Shirogane

Crozeph turned his head as soon as he heard her voice "search for an article of clothing?" what are we forensics?" he replied with a question. Just when Crozeph thought they could have some kind of neutral quest with the option of not fighting anything. "Well then why don't we start gathering first?" he told her. Crozeph then began walking and keeping his eyes peeled for any of the stars near the lakeside. It was going to be easy gathering and that is if they ever get lucky all the time searching. Quests like these aren't commonplace with the exception of nature's treasure and Crozeph wanted to take advantage of the gathering that they can do to help Shirogane level up.

"I level up fast? then I'm more than willing to introduce you to my girlfriend who will do all the hard work while you kill mobs" he told her. Shirogane hasn't met Yuki yet and maybe it was best for her and Shirogane to meet before they get married. Soon enough a couple of stars are already floating near the shore and Crozeph made his way to pick it all up.

ID: 159340 LD: 13(+6) 19 stars gathered
total stars: 19

Edited by Crozeph

"Killing mobs is hard work already, what nonsense are you talking about?" she replied to him. While she understands that Crozeph was formerly a DPS, she can't imagine someone tanking for and her and more specifically "why are you using your girlfriend as a tank? since when did you have a girlfriend?" she asked him as they searched for stars around the area. Shirogane was probably surprised that a quiet person like Crozeph was able to get a girlfriend "I'm guessing your girlfriend is full of energy you literally got energized by her" she said Shirogane had a lot of questions and she had to ask one more.

"I like the change of hair color even though your raven-colored hair gives off a mysterious vibe, what made you do it?" she asked him as she searched for stars also. beside Crozeph was a clump of it also and Shirogane approached to help him gather "I'm kinda happy that you have a guild now" she told him as she picked up the stars scattered around "you're improving senpai" she added.

ID:159341 LD: 13(+4) 17 stars gathered
total: 17

Edited by Shirogane

ID: 159381
LD: 1(+6) stars found
total stars: 26

"Calm down young woman you're gonna have a stroke," he said as Shirogane began asking questions. It's been a while since they've met and she missed out on a lot of things about him. He wasn't secretive, they just didn't have the time to catch up every now and then. "First of all this change of hair color is a reminder to me never to get too gloomy about things, you can thank my girlfriend for that," he told her. the next question was a bit hard to answer as Crozeph wasn't even aware of it also "well we ended up being honest to each other plus I met her when I was looking for some food with buffs..." he pointed at her lips "... that mochi you just ate is made by her" he added.

He continued to gather some stars as they talked and thought about his improvement when it comes to socializing with people that he even had someone to stay with him "maybe I did" he uttered "I'm not even joking when I said that she'd tank for you if you two ever go on a quest" sure enough Yuki was so enthusiastic with her tanking job, sometimes he worries about her.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 159410
LD: 4(+4) stars found
total stars: 25

The delicious mochi was made by none other than Crozeph's girlfriend "she's even a good cook? aren't you having too much of everything lately senpai? mind to share some with me?" she asked him with a face showing signs of threats or blackmailing. Shirogane envied him a little, Jeca and the others from the group rarely do crafting, they're all busy acting like big shots guilds and kept on going to quest that involves killing. Shirogane didn't have a proper roll in the group aside from taking care of them but with Crozeph, she felt like the guy has a place just for her.

"I want to meet your girlfriend and thank her for taking care of you, I also want to have some of the food she cooks" she knew that whoever Crozeph's girlfriend is can also help her and Crozeph was proof of that. She picked up the other stars that are littered in the area and began to sob a little "I want to be part of something or someplace where people don't see me as a mascot" she told him.

Edited by Shirogane

ID: 159411
LD: 3(+6) stars found
total stars: 35

"Yeah I guess I was spoiled by her a bit," he told Shirogane as he continues to gather the stars that looked like they're made of that star-shaped cereal he ate once. "She's a kind person and a pure-blooded Japanese like you. She can be a bit cocky at times but she can back up her words and not just bark" it was true to Crozeph. Yuki always had this attitude when it comes to her stats but for Crozeph it made her looked cuter rather than annoying "you two might be able to get along quite well" he added.

Shirogane's sentiment was understandable for Crozeph, the girl was defined by her friends as someone to protect but for him she was someone who had the potential to be a counter-attacking player, that is if she agrees to his plan for her. "I have a proposal build for you which might be able to help me also with my support build."

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 159412
LD: 19(+4) stars gathered
total stars: 48

The mention of her being a full-blooded Japanese piqued her curiosity more "nihonjin desu? hontou?" Shirogane began speaking in her native language. While the game allows for them all to speak in one, she was amazed by Crozeph finding another on. She moved closer to Crozeph their breath already colliding "senpai, how da heck did you find her?" she asked him. Shirogane wanted to meet her sooner now that she knew of her nationality "finally someone who I can relate too, I must admit you speak well in English senpai and I find it hard to keep up sometimes so I can always make a few outburst in my mother tongue" she added.

As she began spinning around filled with excitement at what she heard, Shirogane stumbled upon a huge clump of stars floating "I see a good amount of it" she quickly used her feet to pull the clump towards her "hehe I got more stars than you senpai" she smirked at him.

Edited by Shirogane

ID: 159413
LD: 14(+6) stars gathered
total stars: 55

Crozeph raised both his hand as soon as Shirogane drew herself closer to him "calm down little girl" he said, Shirogane didn't heard of what his proposal was because of the excitement after hearing that Yuki is also  Japanese like her "like I said I found her in a shop on this floor also" he said before gently pushing her back "yeah you two can go foam out of your mouth once you meet and also..." he picked up another clump of stars while talking "...I may not be able to speak Japanese fluently despite graduating highschool in japan but I can understand you all too well" he told her.

Crozeph sighed, he needs her attention for this because he'll be helping her along the way to be someone that no one will treat as a mascot "listen little eggplant, I've got a build proposal to you, it's something that might help you lessen the fear of getting hit and also hit hard on mobs" he said as he continued picking stars "it would require both of us doing quests and gathering skill points for you so you better be ready."

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 159878
LD: 10(+4) star gathered
total: 62

"L-little eggplant?" Shirogane blushed "don't give me a weird nickname! why am I a little eggplant?" she yelled and threw a star at him like a shuriken. The last person who gave Shirogane a nickname was her cousin and it was Puppy.  There was nothing with nicknames but she wasn't expecting Crozeph to give one to her also. "What build proposal? it does sound really good if I don't get hit and I can hit back hard but is my spear not enough?" she asked. Her build was far from impressive, it was expected of her since she wasn't able to level up fast like the others or like Crozeph.

"Can you fill me in on the details?" and also, why are we gathering this senpai? does the event give reward to the contributors?" she asked him again as she picked up the stars she could see. Weird little things but somehow it was nice that she and Crozeph can talk about things without the risk of battles.

Edited by Shirogane

ID: 159887
LD: 14(+6) stars gathered
total: 75 stars

"Well my plan is for you to switch to something more akin to having both offense and defense but can't use it both," he said. Their gathering has been going well so far with a good amount of stars he's holding "we'll find you armor with good evasive properties and buffs you're attacks and then I'll try to find a shield that will add more mitigation. As for your offense..." he raised his fist "...I'll be helping you get martial arts" he added.

It may be a bit of a pain for her to hit something fast but that's not the point of her build. She was supposed to dance around opponents and sucker punch then and if they ever hit her, she'll hardly feel it. Such was the plan but Crozeph knew they'll have a long way to go and Shirogane will have to decide on her offense. If it works out fine then Shirogane will be more of a defensive brawler while he does the healing and quick killing if needed.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 160199
LD: 7(+3) stars gathered
total stars: 72

"That sounds like a dangerous build but I like it since it puts more emphasis on defense but I don't think I have enough skill slots to have the skills needed for that" she replied as she voiced her worry. Shirogane didn't have the regenerative abilities Crozeph has and neither the mitigation. While he was indeed still squishy when it comes to battles, Shirogane knew that Crozeph would finish it off before the enemy could even bring his health to the danger zone but having martial arts was something she liked.

"There's a quest for that right?" she asked him. It had something to do with breaking a boulder and Shirogane might be able to if Crozeph was with him "I guess I can only trust you on this one" she told him "I'll be in your care senpai" she added.  There were fewer stars in their location now and it might be time to search from another place.

Edited by Shirogane

ID: 160390
LD: 2(+6) stars gathered
total: 83

Crozeph pulled her ear as she told him that she'll be in his care. It's not like Crozeph will be steamrolling things for her, he wanted her to decide on it too. "Look, I know you want to help as much as you can but of course this will be pretty gruesome for you" Crozeph picked up some stars in front of him "that's why if you ever feel tired or it's too much, you can always visit Jeca whenever you want" he added. Crozeph looked around him. It seems that the stars in the area was indeed dropping low, Shirogane gathered only a few too, maybe they have to move somewhere else.

"Let's try over there, the stars are already emptied here," he told her before walking away to their search area. "You'll be needing a lot of defensive skills and you're base damage will be a bit low but I got that covered," he said. For them both to be able to work together, they have to synergize their build and it would be a pain if Crozeph were to shift his build. Shirogane had better chances since her skill slots are a clean slate right now.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 160564
LD: 8(+4) stars gathered
total: 84

"I'm not really sure if I can be of help when it comes to fighting, you know that I can't fight well Crozeph so this build that you're telling me is good enough for me to have," she told Crozeph as they began moving to another area to gather stars. For Shirogane it was better to stay on the defensive and leave the attacking to those who are built for offense. It was also her playstyle back when she was playing MMOs. She always helped the game economy and favored holding the defensive line rather than go out to kill unless it was for leveling.

"I'm grateful for that so I guess starting from now I should only get defensive skills?" Shirogane picked up stars as they talked and thought about what skills would be suitable for her defense "I think we should get me a heavy armor so that I can maximize my damage output."

Edited by Shirogane

ID: 161233
LD: 3(+6) stars gathered
total: 92

"Yeah that's the plan defensive skills and then get your battle healing and mitigation maxed out as fast we can." Crozeph saw how Yuki was so tanky the more she ranked up her mitigation and shield skills. This can also be done with Shirogane but the only difference is that she won't be having a lot of thorns "giving you an option to deal damage is fine but really, I know you won't be engaging yourself in battles so I figured we should waste the limited space you have, attacking will only happen if you're by yourself." He has been talking too much about it but Crozeph just wanted to make sure Shirogane knew what he was planning.

Their talks made it easier for him to lose track of time and also makes the star gathering less boring. Seeing as stars are littered in the area, Crozeph began picking what he can see "so how was your celebration of the Tanabata? Are you having fun?" he asked her.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 161235
LD: 6(+4) stars gathered
total: 94

"Hai, I won’t be engaging too much on battles, I can act as a distraction or decoy but I could never match how methodical you are on handling the katana. It's almost as you have a really good background of kendo or something like that." She saw how Crozeph fights mobs, at first he was more on to speed and how he can hit them as fast as he can. Now he wasn't as fast as before but Shirogane saw the refinement of his moves as if there's no need to dodge if a mob is going to die quickly anyway.

Shirogane picked up stars, she liked doing things like this than fighting mobs until she gets what she wants, Crozeph was more adept to it while she can try her best to act as some kind of decoy.

"Yes I'm having a lot of fun with this event, I never thought I'd get to do it here in Aincrad also so I'm really happy this came out though it would be better if we're out of this game," she told him. Despite the good things that everyone was has right now, Shirogane can never forget their real goal inside the death game.

Edited by Shirogane

ID: 161236
LD: 2(+6) stars gathered
total 100

"I joined a kendo club in high school, well technically I was held at gunpoint or something like and then joined a proper dojo before I started college." Crozeph could remember himself getting dragged to the kendo club. It was a good experience but he suffered greatly in the eyes of other practitioners when he joined the dojo of his best friend's grandfather. Not that he hated it, he just saw another example of why he sees himself as a nuisance to others.

"I'm not that good with it though, the game sort of enhanced the mediocre kendo skills I have, once you join Jacob's Ladder you'll see Baldur, now that's a man of skill and dedication," he told her as he picked up stars beneath his feet.

"You'll get to know them more once someone from the pillars organizes a farming party, that way you can know the others while also leveling up, pretty much everyone from Jacob's Ladder will be helpful for you, it'll be ironic if a guild whose main purpose is to help players struggle on helping a member."

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 161237
LD: 7(+4) stars gathered
total: 105

"Ehhh?! You did kendo in high school? Clubs like that compete in other schools, right? Though I know you don't compete because I keep my eyes on tournaments because of my cousin, Her kendo skill never goes unnoticed when she does it on fights" she told him. Picking up stars are slowly getting easy for them despite the amount of gathering has inconsistencies.

"Hey senpai, do you think people in Jacob's Ladder will like me?" she asked him "I already met Mari-san and she seems to understand you pretty well, she's like a big sister to you" things would be a little hard for her when it comes to meeting new people "I hope I could do well on contributing to the guild." She looked at the boats and lanterns from afar "Tanabata is quite special to me, I get to hang wishes but not for me…" she smiled at the sight of people having fun "… I wanted everyone around me to have a nice time, including you senpai" she said, "I wish you happiness for your relationship because I know it'll help you a lot."

Edited by Shirogane

ID: 161238
LD: 11(+6) stars gathered
total: 117

"You're not wrong with that, I wasn't a tournament material or rather the club preferred to have those who are already well-trained to fight for our school, I can't even land a strike fast enough," he said. Crozeph continued to pick up stars, they could at least gather a lot and contribute it to the community event being held "since we both can't contribute to the crafting part of things, might as well we gather all these and send it to them."

The easter event from a few months ago yielded nice results for Crozeph, he even got a unique ticket that he gave for Yuki to use. Now he can do that again and for what reward? He doesn't care as long as he gets to do some contribution. "You think we can get around four to five hundred stars on this one?" the place was still littered with stars and the two has no plan of stopping yet.

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 161827
LD: 11 (+4) no clothing found

She squinted her eyes as she looked at him "yeah you don't seem like the type who finds joy in competition" she said. Her cousin was the opposite and it only made Shirogane be more proud of her and supported everything that she has achieved. "I'm not one for those kinds of things too" she looked around and saw that they haven't looked for that cloth the kids were looking for "that's why I don't do PVP in games" she added.

Crozeph target amount was quite impossible for the two of them, maybe they could try to  do it again after taking a break, the star gathering can get stale at times "we should take a break, I don't want to push myself into doing things that I might end up hating" she told him "also, I'm going to look for that cloth as an additional thing to do in this quest."

Edited by Shirogane