[F10-PP] Mysteries of Fishing! {Feeding the Enemy}

The creature gets sliced and diced by the young female. It screams out in pain as it frantically starts looking for her after the girl in blue vanishes into the mist that she created. Sam takes this opportune time to try attacking it but fails. Trying to swing at it, somehow it knew what Sam was trying to do and grabs her weapon with it long whip-like tongue and throws it against the wall. The weapon clanks to the ground with an echo of metal dropping around them. Sam sees giant bugs fly off in the distance from the noise. "F***," Sam says as she makes her way to her weapon and takes hold of it. Maybe Setsuna was right in the fact that she needed to learn how to better use her weapon because it was obvious that she could hold on to it worth crap. Looking through the mist with a frown painted on her face, Sam waits.

Creature attacks first

ID# 161831 results: MOB: 2-3=-1 Miss! vs Setsuna

ID# 161832 results: Battle: 2+3=5 Miss! vs Zombie Frog

Players:
Sam | HP:460/460 | EN:44/46 | DMG:11 | ACC:3 | REC:2
Setsuna | HP:440/440 | EN:29/44 | DMG:11 | EVA:3 | ACC:3

Enemy:
(0,2) Zombie Frog | HP:50/230 | DMG:69 

Edited by Sam

Appearing from another angle in a sudden scattering blue line that seems to ricochet through her target before it bursts and evaporates into a scatter of blue data, the mist dispersing and revealing her silver hair in a flicker before she vanishes again. She moves away before Sam could run her mouth again as she could not handle more of her loose jaw running rampant and the girl never seemed to stop. On top of large cyan glowing fauna in the shape of a mushroom, she perches and looks down over the greyed haired girl as she would move to drop her line into the lake again as she had, unsure what it was she looking for but would camp out from her high rise until she was finished. Although the girl was annoying she offered to come, so she would stand by her word and watch over her vigilantly.

ID# 161835 results: Battle: 5+3=8, Hit dealing 165 damage to Zombie Frog, Killing it!

ID# 161836 results: Craft: 9 (Mat), Loot: 9 (Mat)

Players:
Sam | HP:460/460 | EN:44/46 | DMG:11 | ACC:3 | REC:2
Setsuna | HP:440/440 | EN:30/44 | DMG:11 | EVA:3 | ACC:3

Enemy:
(0,2) Zombie Frog | HP:50/230 | DMG:69 

Setsuna Loot:
924*Col
4*T1 Materials
T1 Rare Trinket #161836a

Edited by Setsuna

Setsuna lays rest to the frog and vanishes again. With a small frown, Sam cast her line back into the water, and almost intently she gets another tug. Thinking to her self -dam, hope its not another monster-, she pulls the fishing pole up as it reveals a chest on the end. Dropping it to the ground she looks at it with intense eyes. Sam goes to place a hand on it as to open it, the moment her hand comes close, the chest moves backwards and Sam jumps back and pulls her weapon. Sam had read on mimics before and they only pop from a chest on bad luck and chance. These creatures were fierce and dangerous if not ready for one. The chest didn't make any other movement. Sam being very confused by this get a bit closer thinking that her eyes were just messing with her. The chest opens with a tongue flinging out as it starts to search for something on Sams person. "No stop that's mine," Sam says grabbing back the satchel that the thing tried to snatch from her. The chest before her grows long spider looking legs and two eyes are revealed on the lid part of this creature with a tongue hanging out of what now looked like a mouth. "I don't think it wants to hurt me...It just tried to take my materials," Sam calls out knowing now that Setsuna was somewhere given how fast she came to aid her last creature.

ID# 161837 results: {Craft: 12 just for the laughs} Loot: 16+8=24 Found Familiar

Edited by Sam

From above Setsuna looks down over the girl she seemed to peel up some sort of animate object, which from it Setsuna could sense no ill will. It seemed more fixated on her bag then attacking her, a strange creature to which the little silver haired girl would watch on in earnest. A flare of blue in her eyes and billow of her white mists began to flow to the floor below across her mushroom high rise down its stock, creating a coating to which she could conceal herself in if the need arose. But for now, she would look on and watch as Sam fought with the thing over her own inventory, to see how this would unfold with some passage of time. "What is this object, looks like a mimic but it isn't acting as it should." Setsuna comments in a whisper with her face twisted into curiosity.

Edited by Setsuna

Sam looks over the weird-looking chest. It opens its mouth wide and points to inside with one of its thin spider-like legs. "Are you hungry? I am not sure what you want me to give you though." After a moment it grew a bit impatient to Sam staring. It walks to the satchel that Sam was holding a tries to grab at it again. Sam back up with a shake of her head but opens it up looking inside. The chest like thing gets excited and starts doing a weird side to side pitter-patter on the ground in front of her. Sam takes out an apple and tries to toss it to the creature. The chest opens its mouth wide but Sams throw was too high. The apple was tossed into the water behind him instead. The chest hears the splash and looks into the water. The chest looks to Sam with angry-looking eyes and opens it's mouth wide again and points once again.

ID# 161893 results: Craft: 4+1=5 NOPE

Edited by Sam

What follows is a rather comical display showing how accurate Sam wasn't, attempting to feed this thing with a piece of fruit from her bag. It sinks into the lake behind them both as it flies in a weird arc into the glowing waters with a plunk, Setsuna cannot help but rub her face as a result. To someone else, this may have been hilarious to watch but the girl couldn't help but cringe while the box seemed equally perturbed by Sam's lacking abilities to hit a stationary portion of the floor. "Oh my lord that girl." Setsuna whispers from her risen position attempting to keep herself as a third party, trying her best to remain as simply an overwatch, but watching this exchange felt like it would offer her physical harm if this continued to go this poorly. She has to advert her gaze for a moment, it hurts that bad.

Edited by Setsuna

"I'm sorry I don't have a great aim when it comes to throwing things." Picking another material from her bag she starts to walk to the container that was pointing at its opening. The moment Sam get to close, the chest walks backwards to stay a certain distance away from her. The creature picks up a rock and looks to Sam to make sure she was watching. It tosses the rock up in the air and opens its mouth and it padders in place and catches the rock in its mouth. It rubs with its thin pointed hand against where it's stomach would be. Pointing to Sam and then back at is mouth and opens it wide again. It seemed to give Sam a picture-perfect view of what she had to do. Sam was a bit taken back by the creature's performance but knew what it wanted from her now. She had to toss and make it into its mouth without getting to close.

ID# 161894 results: Craft: 5+1=6 NOPE

Edited by Sam

The creature is wandering around the guild member with intention, showing no signs of aggression toward her. A subtle drain of her aura bleeds down from her highrise seemingly thicker from the lighting alone bouncing off the flowing moisture. Breathing through the light blue cloth mask on the lower half of her mouth, attempting her best to keep an eye on Sam and keep her from harm's way. It was a shame that she was so obnoxious and prying, Setsuna was still bubbling and seething in anger. She looks on as Sam is tossing materials into the creature's gullet, trying her best to create a bond it seemed but all the creature looked to be interested in was the wealth she was paying it. Was this how mimic's always were? It would be worth noting down, that perhaps attacking boxes can be quarreled through payment if they aren't out for blood.

Edited by Setsuna

Sam tried to toss another material into its mouth. This time a spoil of thread hoping that it would be heavy enough to throw without a curve to it. Sam tries to focus on nothing but the toss but it wasn't good enough. It landed feet from the creature and Sam blew up. "I'm done...I was never good at sports, it was always my mind. This tossing thing isn't going to happen. I have never been good with my hands...I'm done..." Sam throws her hands in the air and starts to walk away. She was about ready to give up. She had determined that she wasn't good at a lot of things and this was just going to add to the list of not being able to make friends. Sam hears pitter-patter behind her and feels the creature touch Sam's hand when they drop to her sides. Sam turns and it points to its mouth as Sam says "I know what you want me to do but I can't. I'm no good at what you want...I'm no good..." Sam turns to leave again but it grabs her hand again. Sam turns and it points to its mouth again. "FINE...I am pretty sure it won't make a bit of difference but I will try once more but then I'm gone." The creature jumps about a foot into the air and the moment it lands it runs into the distance and opens it's mouth wide. Sam thought for a moment...The mimic was really persistent on this. Sam knew right then that it wasn't going to let her give up. Taking out another apple from her back she waits for the right moment to toss it again. 

ID# 161895 results: Craft: 1+1=2 NOPE

Edited by Sam

The girl could not help but still feel ire with a mix of pity, Sam seemed discouraged at her rather pathetic attempts to feed this thing while tossing materials in its direction. Dropping down and moving to the girl's side with a bitter chill in the air "We can leave if your a coward, wish for nothing, and give up when trouble arises as I expect of you." Setsuna goads intentionally, as with her fury was an excellent motivator and she was already convinced the girl hated her guts. What the result would be time would tell, but given she had given her word to remain until the task was finished she would like it to end sometime before she expired from old age. She'd silently hoped the girl would succeed within the next few hours, as she'd much rather not spend the entirety of her day on this alone.

Edited by Setsuna

Sam frowns hearing Setsuna's words but somewhere deep inside she knew that Setsuna was right. If Sam gave up every time something got hard then she would get nowhere in this lifetime. Even if it was just a simple task...if she just walked away now, what would that say about her? Looking down at the apple in her hand her frown turns to determination. Glancing to the weird mimic she smiles at the fact that it didn't want her to give up either. "Nothing comes easy. Work for everything to gain big results..." She looks to the apple one more time before making an overhand toss toward the creature's mouth again. The apple lands into the chest like it was meant to be there. The mimic and Sam stand there for a moment staring at each other and then both at the same time, explode into excitement. The chest quickly moves to Sam and starts running circles around her while Sam was jumping up and down with her hands in the air.

After a moment of joy, Sam looks around for Setsuna who seemed to leave after all this. "Let's go home Curbie. That has a nice ring to it. Do you like the name? Curbie?" It jumps in agreement. Sam nods with a smile as they begin to walk home to end the day.

ID# 161896 results: Craft: 11+1=12 OH THANK GOD

Spidey.jpg.d6dbc1828b57a4689352b24eb25a568e.jpg

Completed Quest:
Sam:
3*SP (1 Quest, 1 Thread, 1 Event)

Setsuna:
2*SP (1 Thread, 1 Event)

Treasury Simmone:
2,470*col
11*T1 materials

T1 Rare Trinket #161733
T1 Rare Trinket #161836a