[ PP | F22 ] Dating in SAO/Hard or Easy? PT. 2

Perhaps the best thing about the village was the size of it. Surrounded by nature without a soul around was a peaceful thing, she could pretend the whole turf was theirs. The cool breeze brushed against her, chilling her skin. It was paradise, all in all, an escape from sword for once. She spent the entire day with her love, swimming in the waves and eating so much she felt she would explode. She felt like they'd just arrived and the sun was already beginning to set. Bummer. The bluenette donned her white frock, long since dry as the winds became chilly. Haine walked hand in hand with her love.

The familiars were not pleased with their decision to lounge around, they had missed the waves and were still at play. She gave up and left them to their own devices, they knew where to find the couple once they were tired. She looked up at the evening sky in all its grandeur. A streak of warm hues blended with a fading blue, the sun setting slowly on the horizon. "It's beautiful..." she trailed off, a soft smile on her lips. "How is the day almost over already?" Time seemed to fly quicker with Kiluia by her side.

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 59
HP: 1210/1210
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 66
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:

Divine Piercer - Aqua [Weapon]: Damage 2, Bleed 1
Heart's Container - Aquilia [Light Armor]: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Osiris's Grips [
Trinket]: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:

Familiar -Fighter

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter HP Potions (+50 HP)*3

Housing Buffs:

Bedroom ( Rested ) -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat

Basic Workshop ( Working ) -  +2 EXP per crafting attempt

Slime farm ( Basic training ) +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month. Must be used on a player's first post in a thread. Cooldown begins counting down when used in a post.

Fishing Pond ( Angler ) +1 material gained when fishing

Guild Hall Buffs:

Trading hall

Every member of Firm Anima receives an additional +2 EXP for each craft. +5 to salvage recovery LD's. (10+ for alchemy crystals, 6+ for others). If you are rank 9 you also get +1 crafting attempt/day. If you are rank 10 you get +2 crafting attempts/day.

Treasury

+5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Storage Vault

Allows a guild to create a Storage Vault in their Guild Page. Members can use this thread to store and withdraw items. Any items that have trading restrictions cannot be moved to a Storage Vault.

Guild Bank

Allows the Guild Owner to promote one member (or themselves) to 'Treasurer'. This unlocks access to a Guild Bank spending account.

Basic Kitchen

Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30

Living Room

Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Scents of the Wild:

Kumatetsu 

Yamata no Orochi

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Haine

The peaceful nature of the scene just left a mark in his memory. Arms slippe around her waist while the sun moved down and limited the amount of light. Lanterns lit up as if on cue to broaden the reach of the light. The sky became starry now with a splash of the moon. “Who said the day had to finish when the sun was down?” He looked at her with a smile on his face. He gave a peck on her forehead as the stars began to multiple and increase the more the sun started to vanish beyond the horizon. There was no way he was going to forget this as long as he lived.

He began pulling her toward the sandy area. The familiars were already tired out and laying in the cabin they had brought with. “As far as I’m concerned… I want to be like this for a bit longer. So long its with you.’

Spoiler

Name: Kiluia
Level: 42
HP: 840/840
EN: 84/84

Stats:
Damage: 15
Mitigation: 41
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 2
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Wrappings (T2/Perfect/Handwrap): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Rose Prism (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Eye of Rain (T2/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 3]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar -Fighter

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

As they walked, the soft sky transitioned into dusk, a speckle of stars casting above them. Lanterns lit up the dark path, lining the town outskirts and its shore lines. It was like a page ripped from a fairytale, painted in all its perfection. She felt as if they were suspended in a dream. The feelings she felt in his presence were indescribable, she'd never been in love nor could fathom it until she'd grown closer to the man. He was her pillar. They'd been attached at the hip and although the high had worn off a little, he reminded her of those days with the little things he did. Haine marveled at her luck to have found him again and again over the years. She didn't believe in fate until she saw him in this world. She couldn't ignore her intuition and let it lead the way.

She swung their arms as they walked and halted at the perfect spot. "I like this, let's sit back for a while." She turned to face him and leaned on her tip toes, planting a kiss on his lips. She stretched a little and hooked her arms over his shoulders, looking into his eyes. "The stars are clear tonight, let's watch em'."

With her words asking about taking a bit of time to watch the stars, there was something he needed to ask. “Love, this may be a strange question, but can you tell me more about your family? I wanna help find them since I have something to ask them.” The stars were bright tonight and they were alone. They had done so many things together that time together was precious since they weren’t out killing themselves for the sake of the guild or to increase their levels. Amber eyes would look at hers searching for an answer. It was a random question but an important question. “I don’t’ know much about them anymore or remember them. I’m hoping to find a clue with you.

The subject hadn’t been brought up since the day he had left to go find information on them. He was willing to do that again if it led to him asking them for their blessing.

Her expression fell and she gripped his hands tighter. The topic of her siblings was a sensitive one, something she'd pushed to the recesses of her mind to preserve her composure for the guild. She appreciated Kiluia's concern, but his question had caught her off guard and she wanted to drop the subject. She feared she'd ruin the mood if it lingered on any longer. She chewed her lip in thought and searched his gaze. "Kil, this is my own battle." Her voice faltered as if she struggled to get the words across. She brought a hand up to his jaw and carressed it. "We've discussed this before. I want to handle this myself."

In truth, she had not even tried to.

The woman was afraid of discovering the truth. She was afraid of the possibility of death or if she could ever come back if she knew for sure. She was torn, waiting for the right time to search for those answers. The dilemma made her sick to her stomach as she looked visibly uncomfortable. She averted her gaze.

She didn’t know the reason why he was asking these questions. He didn’t want to reveal the idea to her as to why he needed their blessing. It was the proper thing to do for a Japanese male to go ahead and ask for a blessing. On top of that, it would appease his father who was German that he was doing this correctly. “Just because it’s a personal battle, doesn’t mean you have to do it alone.” Her reaction to his hands made him realize that the topic would falter if this wasn’t worded correctly. “ You can ask for help and I’d be there without a second thought.”

Her visible frustrations were evident. The lack of eye contact, words, and physical interaction just meant that she was in denial. He barely frowned but this was one of those moments. “I want to help you find them. It’ll give you peace of mind and resolve my question.” He revealed his alternative motive.

She loved him, she did, but for the first time she'd felt her nerves grated by his insistence. She was capable of this herself and he didn't seem to understand it. Haine's lips pressed into a thin line and she pulled away. It felt like an invasion of her privacy. Did he think she was weak and that easy to crumble? That she would need him to do it for her instead?

"Can you drop it?" she snapped. "I. Can do this myself." She was trying to contain herself as she let out an exasperated sigh. This was a side of herself she didn't want him to see, yet in that moment she could feel her composure slipping slightly. She folded her arms over her chest and looked up at the stars. It was beautiful and she didn't want to ruin the night over this. She just hoped her conciseness would get the point across.

Her reaction was unexpected. The help he was offering wasn’t’ just for her. He didn’t have to tell her. No. He wouldn’t tell her. He shook his head slightly at the fact that the date was ending up like this. They hadn’t had a break really since this whole mess started. Everything he did was for her. Everything. There was always a compromise but apparently this was something that was off that list. No matter what he could of offered, her statement was clear. She didn’t want his help.

“Fine.” He spoke to her. He was still young. Inexperienced. Unsophisticated. Those things plagued him as he walked away from her. His eyes left the scene as he headed back up to the cabin without her. He would do this without her. Without her consent, he would look up as many research points he could by following anything he could. There wasn’t much he could do and it broke his heart like now walking away from her. “I’ll do it my damn self.” He muttered.

Her words fell on deaf ears and she scoffed. She couldn't believe how stubborn he was. It was unlike him, or at least unlike what she thought he was. It put her off in that moment as her frustration got the best of her. "You don't get to decide that!" She hollered, from afar. She balled her fists at her side and approached him in a blue flurry. Her frame was rigid as she lost control of her composure. "Do you have that little faith in me?" She called out, a little softer. She intercepted and cut in front of him. "I'm not some..." she threw her hands in the air, looking for the right words, "Weak little-"

she choked on her own words and gestured, leaving the sentence incomplete.  She wanted to go alone for another reason. She didn't want him to see her crumble if she faced her fears and the worst became reality. She couldn't compose herself in that situation. She was a strong woman and seldom let others see the sides of her that were more vulnerable.

His face turned red. Not out of embarrassment but out of anger. “One. I didn’t say anything of having no faith or thinking you are weak. 2. I’m not some punk, stranger, or friend. I’m your damn partner!” He walked passed her again. “You think I’m doing this all for you. I’m not!” He stormed off back up to their rental cabin. “I’m packing up and I’m headed home.” He was in full blown anger mode but he had enough control to not blab the reason why he was pressing the issue. The issue was still there to him. It was his own private reason and if they were going to fight like this, then perhaps he should figure out another way or drop it all together. His mind was blurry and distracted as he shouted.” PINGU. We’re leaving”

The penguin rolled out of hiding and in terror after his shouting. Pingu rolled fast as possible toward her master. She was playing hide and seek with the cub. Patrons noticed the tall angry white-haired man walking away.

She flinched as he raised his voice. She gulped and backed off a little, her eyes widening a little. She'd never seen him so heated up over something in her life. He was always... passive and calm in some sort of way. She was the fire cracker and he was the one who could keep it cool, that was the image she had painted in her head as she put him on some sort of rosy pedestal. Right then and there, she was realizing that he was actually human, but whatever it was, it was pissing her off. She recovered her stance and scoffed back.

"T-Then what?! It's none of your damn business if I'm telling you to stop!" She bit back. Their lovely date had turned sour now, there was no recovery and she was screaming on the inside. "Fine. Go away then!" She gestured at the door and brushed her hair away. She pulled at it for a moment, she had no control over her words as the irrational side of her took over. She needed to have the last word. The outburst made her tear up for some reason, she couldn't figure out why but she could feel her vision blur. She trembled a little and hugged her sides. What the heck was happening? She looked down at the ground and ignored the sound of her cub whimpering. He was trying to intervene in his own sweet way but her brain was short circuiting.

No matter the words she spoke, they fell on deaf ears. He grabbed his things and walked passed her once more heading for the teleport gate back home. None of his business, he repeated in his head. It was falling apart. No matter. He would find it himself. Or was it even needed anymore. “Its my business. Because I need a blessing. I want their approval. I wanted them to give you away when we got married. If we even got married…” He shook his head as he brushed pass more people. “I’ll go away.” He would go get his belongings and head over to his workshop on the 4th floor. That would be ideal since he could at least sleep there. Angered, he shoved another adventurer with their significant other away. “Move.”

Flash to Pingu. The poor penguin hadn’t an idea as to what was going on. She pushed and pulled at her master trying to stop him from moving. She didn’t understand that they weren’t going to wait for Haine and the cub. It was as if they were being left behind. She whined loudly.

"W-What?"

She blinked to gain clarity, a few tears trickling down her cheeks. She wiped them with haste and snapped her gaze back to him. She parted her lips to speak, however nothing came as she stood frozen. These emotions were hard to process as is, on top of his anger and his revelation. "No wait, Kil-" She reached out but it was no use. The White Lightning exited with a show, storming through the crowds of innocent passerbys. She widened her eyes as she witnessed his temper get the best of him. He had pushed the poor couple in the crossfire away.

She couldn't end the night like this. They were having a blast just a moment ago and things had escalated so quickly. She was confused, hurt, livid, a cluster of all sorts of emotions that she couldn't grasp. She ran up to him and latched onto his shoulder, her eyes welling up again. "You don't understand..." she choked out, burying her head on his shoulder as she held him tighter. She was unraveling her fears as she lost more of her self control. "You..." She trembled against him and refused to look up. She just clung to try and stop him.

This was the last thing he wanted to happen for the two. They knew each other’s weaknesses, they knew each other’s quirks, and they knew everything there was that needed to be known. Except this. He had been plotting everyday to find the perfect time to ask her. Would it be tomorrow, next week, a year, or never? Her face pressed up against his chest as he felt the tears being absorbed by the fabric of his shirt. He didn’t understand the reasoning. She was right about that part. “No one is going to be sitting on my side that is family. I didn’t want it to be the same with you without ever knowing.” He had a somber tone of voice. In the meantime, people were staring at them and walking by. He was already at the teleport gate with her.

What else could he say? “It’s getting closer and closer every day. A day where we could both just disappear. I…Just wanted their blessing so I could marry their little sister.” He muttered looking down at the penguin, cub, and her. "If I don't understand, then just tell me."

Had he ever seen her cry like this before? She was too embarrassed to look up as she wrapped her arms around him. It was comforting despite the tenseness of the situation, being in his arms. Haine listened to him elaborate as the tears trickled down. She wiped them with haste and willed herself to look up. She felt vulnerable meeting his gaze, but she was too far in already. Her eyes were a faint red and her cheeks were wet. The confession stirred guilt inside of her, he had opened up so it was only right for her to elaborate to salvage this rift. It was tough with every second as she came undone, a far cry from the fierce image she typically portrayed.

"I'm scared. I don't want to know." She shook her head and shallowed thickly. Her eyes softened as she searched his gaze. "What if they're... dead?" She panicked and pulled away. "If they're gone, what am I gonna tell them?" She felt sick to her stomach as she thought of her other sister at home and her parents. She hugged her sides and rambled. "I'd rather not know, I can't stand this." She exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding and looked away.

Edited by Haine

Death was something that weighed in everyone’s mind. There wasn’t a soul here who didn’t know what the others were going through. Anxiety, depression, anger, and uncertainty to name a few. No words were spoken as he picked her up with ease. Eyes were cast on them but it didn’t matter. He walked back to their cabin and away from the surveying crowd. “I don’t have an answer. I didn’t consider the fact they were dead. I just want to find them. If they aren’t on the memorial, then they aren’t dead.” It was all he had to offer. The monument sealed the fate of everyone who died in SAO. It couldn’t lie. It was designed to scare people.

Once they were in their cabin again, he set her down on the bed. “You don’t have to face them alone. If… and that’s a big if.. if they are dead, I’ll be beside you… I’ll find you. “ His voice was still somber as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

She was battling her emotions and Kiluia's embrace gave her some semblance of security when he swept her into his arms. She leaned her head against his chest, feeling his heartbeat against her temple. She felt emotionally exhausted, ruminating and imagining the what-if's. She needed some reprieve from these thoughts, she didn't want to fight anymore as all the angry energy drained from her. In place of that was Haine, all barriers brought down as her raw emotion surfaced.

"I'm tired Kil," she spoke, softly against his chest.

Once they had reached the cabin, she scooted back on the bed and flopped over to her side. She reached for the pillow, yet instead her cub had hopped into her arms. She mustered a half hearted smile and pulled the soft ball of fluff up to her chest. He was trying to comfort her in his own way. "I know I'll have to find out one day," Haine continued. "I just need the strength." She sighed and searched his expression. "It could get ugly... are you sure you wanna see that?" She trailed off, distantly. "If shit hits the fan..." She was not convinced he could handle it if she fell apart.

Then shit hits the fan.” He noted looking at her. He wasn’t going to just up and leave without a fight. That’s how marriages fail. He wasn’t about to let it fail. He was mentally and physically drained as well. She was curled one side and he was behind her now on the bed. He was the big spoon. He simply spoke into her ear. “Don’t sell me short, love.” He wasn’t going to dismiss the potential fact that they could be dead but they would have to ensure that they weren’t dead. No news on their deaths was good news. Eyes closed as he spoke once more. “We can find them. Or at least good information on their whereabouts. We just need to dig farther.”

Pingu was still in shock as to why they were crying and yelling. She was confused because they seemed to be getting together all of a sudden. Poor Bird.

She scooted back into his embrace, Kiluia's arms wrapped around her and hers wrapped around the cub. "Okay..." She finally accepted his help and broke down that wall which blocked her vulnerability. She was afraid of him seeing beyond her composure, afraid of driving him off if the worst became reality. Haine realized that she couldn't marry Kiluia if she couldn't be honest with him and let him in. What good would it be to harbor mistrust when he'd been by her side through everything? She turned around to face him and planted a kiss on his jaw. Her eyes were still red from the aftermath. It would be... hard to bring him along. Deep down she still didn't know if she wanted to, but she also needed him as her pillar.

Pingu observed the trio and the tense air was clearing up. In place of her shock was jealousy as she saw them cozying up, namely Miska in Haine's arms dozing off. The penguin squawked and waddled her way up the bed, throwing herself over her master. She was pudgy and her limbs were stubby, she attempted an awkward mimic of a spoon and gave up as she just laid there beside the man.

His mind started to drift. The imagination was running wild as he thought about what they would do if they found them or what they would do if they didn’t find them. The system would not spare them agony when it came to death. The primitive emotion of fear to be instilled in a group of people was meant to drive despair or to instill a drive to escape. His eyes closed as the warmth of everyone engulfed him. He kissed her shoulder slightly. A light whisper escaped his lips “Let’s focus on a brand-new tomorrow.” He fell asleep soon after while holding Haine.

The penguin, however, did not approve of this. She was trying her best to fit in with the group. The cub was being held while the master held the woman. Where did she fit?! A murr came from her beak as she scooted up. She rested her blubbery self on top of Kiluia’s head and fell asleep there against his warmth.

Thread Completion
Haine 2 SP (1 page completion 1 event)
Kiluia 2 SP (1 Page completion 1 event)

Edited by Kiluia Seiko