[SP-F5] Unsafe Travels

The Traveler

Her voice was muffled and her face hidden behind heavy fabric, but Alkor could hear the shortness of her breath. If this were the real world, it would be nothing short of a miracle that brought her all the way back to civilization alive. Since it was a game generated event however, her survival was somewhat more understandable. There were skills and items that allowed Players to perform feats of incredible endurance in many MMO games, and this sort of thing made Alkor wonder if that was true of SAO as well.

They'd been vague in explaining what the quest was about when he asked the Brokers,  but the NPC filled in the blanks well enough. Her caravan got lost about two days out and she barely made it back with her own life. Now, if she can't manage to get her wares back, it won't matter if she survived or not, her livelihood will be gone. When it got right down to it, this was a battle for survival- for the woman who wanted her goods, and for Alkor, who would brave the desert to find them and bring them back. 

Two days, though? This would prove to be an adventure all its own. 

Alkor Level 34

690/690 HP | 68 Energy

10 DMG | 48 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 24 Blight

Rank 5 Curved Sword

Rank 3 Light Armor

Athletics Mod | Precision

T2 CS Blightsteel DMG/DMG/BLIGHT/CURSED

T2 LA Nightmare Bomber MIT/MIT/EVA

T1 Trinket Eye of Horus enamel pin +3 ACC

His first steps into the wasteland were greeted by blasting sands. He never expected a warm reception, in truth, but the desert did not disappoint him. He pulled his hood overhead and kept his head down as be walked, eyes carefully fixed on his HUD as he tracked his direction. "Two days in this?" he muttered to himself. "Whoever programmed this quest was a sadist. There's got to be some cover along the way or something. How am I going to sleep without getting buried?"

He took a long breath, careful to cover his mouth so no sand made its way into his lungs. His eyes felt irritated already and if not for his best efforts to maintain safe coverage, he knew there was a good chance that he would have been afflicted with blindness or worse. "I know which way I need to go," he said to no one in particular, "but I'm not sure if a direct approach is the best possible course of action. I should have scrounged around for map data beforehand and looked for a ravine or some place I could use as shelter."

ID 167716 CD 7 <no damage>

Edited by Alkor