New Combat Skill

Should this skill be added?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should this skill be added?

• Let's add them!
    • Ummmm no

Alright its another skill idea from the one and only Miaki Murakami. Now keep with me for a moment when I say it. <> (name pending), the skill speaks for itself, now for those of you who have read the first two light novels you know this is indeed canon as player <> from the 12th episode or "Morning Dew Girl" was indeed a whip user. Now there was also the <> from the Project Alicization story arc called the

<>

was also a whip (click the link at your only spoiler risk). So as you can see the weapon type was indeed canon to SAO however only to a brief extent was it mentioned (much like my previous idea about a skill with horse riding). As always, comment if you have significant input.

(UPDATED: 6-19-2014)

SWORD SKILLS

<> - 2 hit combo - Pulling the handle next to your waist, which you then let go of the power in an sideways motion. Uses your whip to grab another player/mob around the neck, pulling them towards you which is followed up by a kick in the stomach which makes the foe lift from the ground, you then turn around and throws the for at the ground before the whips releases. (Martial art skill would be needed) - Credited to Sakuri

<> - 1 hit strike - The player initiates by holding the fall of the whip coiled up in their non-dominate hand. Twirling the handle beside them until it glows yellow. The player then throws the handle forward, nailing their target at center mass.

<> - 1-3 AOE strike - Starting by holding the the handle of the whip to their chest til it glows green, the player swings the whip around them over their head slashing at anyone in range.

How to gain the extra skill <>.

Indiana_Jones_by_Shuffleman.jpg

Quest: Legends of the Hidden Temple/Raiders of the Hidden Temple

Traversing the jungles of floor six, treasure hunter, archeologist, and explorer Scott Arizona or "Arin" searches for a long forgotten totem that is said to be held within the inner sanctum of a hidden temple in jungle. The temple is known to have numerous deadly traps that will kill you in an instant and the inner sanctum itself is guarded by a giant surpent named <>. Become Arin's companion who is armed with his trusty whip which he is a master at handling and has even developed his own style combat from observing the actions of snakes in nature to discover the skills of whips. Pay attention well and help Arin in his journey to find the totem and he might bestow his knowledge of the whip on you.

Requires minimal of 2 pages.

Can be taken alone OR with a max of two additional players (total HP rises by 10 for each additional player and stun can ).

NPC Arin is non-combatant (he doesn't fight and you don't control him). Scott Arizona is a no nonsense man, with a small sense of humor. He enjoys is little quips and looks for the most effective approach to a solution.

hqdefault.jpg

Asmodeus is a giant adder snake who is a collector of treasures and trophies; he guards the totem. He has glowing, hypnotic, yellow eyes that can immobilize players who may gaze into them haphazardly.

HP: 30

Base DMG: 2

Ability: <>, on a battle dice of 10, Asmodeus makes direct eye contact with the player putting them under a soothing trance that forces them to lower their weapons and their guard (OOC: Could cause loss of one turn OR penalize all battle dice buffs/debuffs on player by 2 for 2 turns (OOC: this could be broken early by rolling a 9-10 (modifiers CAN aid in this))).

Regarding Asmodeus, either this could be a GM controlled boss OR the special ability could be simplified so that it can be player controlled like how <> runs.

If it is in the light novel, which is 100% cannon, I don't see why not have them in here, I'm sure people would use it since it would make for more originality then swords everywhere, because let's face it, I'd say about 70% of the players here use one handed straight swords with no shield.

I do agree, more variety is never an unwelcomed change. inb4 someone makes a serpent sword (Think Ivy from Soul Calibur). I myself use a dagger, but I get what you are saying. More people need to use them blunt weapons, badaxes(pun) and the spears!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok, can this quest be a PP, and can you have several people rwith you such as 2 or 3, or is it only a SP misson?

That is honestly up to how the DMs look at it. I could see this as a PP but wouldn't want it to get over whelming with 4 or more players. Which is why I suggest no more than 3 players allowed to do it together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think we should add Warglaives as a sword skill as well that we be amazing.

If you care to pitch a strongly thought out idea then by all means make a thread with the plans of it in mind. Feel free to use my approach as an example. The <> quest will go live soon enough. Patience must be asked as it requires time from myself and GM Saix.