[PP | F01] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

Without so much as another thought tiny fingers grasped at the pretzel and a rather large bite was taken. That was until she realized that it may have been uncivilized of her and quickly wiped the crumbs dotting her face away and attempted to act more civilized. If there was one thing Asmura loved, it was food. Any kind of food really. Sweet, Spicy, Sour. If someone named it then the young player probably liked it. It was one of the few items in the game that truly reminded her of the real word.

As the soft pretzel was munched on Asmura stared a Freyd curiously. Hum, so he was Captain of Intelligence and Operations. Flashing back to when she had first met the Whisper of the Shadows the young player recalled he had been talking to a shop keeper who had preprogramed responses. Well, if he could carry on a conversation with a shop keeper then he must be able to talk with anyone.

“Woah,” Asmura muttered, eyes sparkling in wonderment, “That’s amazing! You’re a real spy. And you’re the best of the best if you must be the Master.” As the wave of excitement started to fade it then dawn on the raven-haired girl that this information was pretty important. “Isn’t that supposed to be, like, a secret though? I image you don’t everyone you’re the spymaster…that just wouldn’t make sense.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asmura eats Jackpot Pretzel - Consumable (Snack)- Loot Die 3

"I thought I'd take a chance and see if I could trust you with it.  You seem clever."  Freyd cradled his chin with his right thumb and index finger, as if stroking at a beard that didn't exist.  "Given how you just worked that out, I guess I was right."  A small smile crept across his lips, admiring her intuition and wit at work.  Maybe she would be a good fit, if she wanted to.  Her small size, youthful appearance and smarts would make for a powerful combination.  Some small dark corner of his mind questioned the morality of placing a child in harm's way, but it was quickly silenced.  There were no safe places for anyone to hide in Aincrad.  Innocent naivete wasn't a luxury that anyone could afford.

"Oh, I'm no master at much of anything.  I just watch and listen well.  Being in charge just means I'm responsible for more things, not that I get to boss people around."  His gaze shifted to the horizon, Asmura catching a glimpse of deeper thought flashing through his eyes, as if remembering some other discussion that had carried weight enough to linger prominently in his memory.  "Now, go get out there and cause some havoc, young warrior!"  He waved her back out towards the field, suddenly feeling very old.

With a fox like grin the young player provided the older male with a swift salute before returning back to the field of battle. If he had not ushered her way, she would have continued to ask questions and engage in conversation. Asmura rather enjoyed talking with Freyd. The way he addressed and spoke to her made her made her confidence and determination skyrocket. As she approached a boar pup that was wandering the outskirts of the field thoughts of what it would be like to be in O&I whizzed by. Freyd had said that she was clever and mature. Was that something she could do? Be part of O&I? Would she like being part of O&I? Asmura had more questions than answers; but luckily the head of O&I was adventuring along with her.

Shooting away the thoughts about a possible future with O&I Asmura refocused at the task at hand. Gathering the quest materials. Taking a steading breath, a burst of energy was then applied as nimble steps were taken toward the boar pup. Sword drawn and being covered in a frosty blue energy as it struck across the chest of the pup. As the slash hit its mark there was nothing the boar pup could do but watch as its life was taken away in a single swipe. Left behind was the tusk of the pup. Dropping the sword to her side the young girl picked up the tusk and placed it away. Only one more.

~~~~~~

Spoiler

2/3 tusks collected

[x2] Rage Blow (2 Energy) - The user makes one heavy blow, cleaving into the opponents chest.

177345 6 3 11 7 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Rage blow vs. Boar Pup 2020-11-09 11:45:16

BD: 6+3=9 (HIT) | Boar Pup: 4x2=8 DMG

77346 6 5 15 9 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Gather quest materials 2020-11-09 11:48:07

LD: 15+3 (SUCCESS)

Asmura | HP: 199/200  | EN: 14/20 (-2) | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 18 | DMG: 4
Freyd- The Whisper in the Shadows: HP:1230/1230 | EN:135/135 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:6

Monsters: 
[H:0,0] Boar Pup: HP: 5 | DMG: 3

Edited by Asmura

"Excellent. Now... do it again!"  A wry grin split his face as a twinkle in his eye indicated that he was toying with her.  Freyd knew full well how much chance dictated how these challenges went.  "Most importantly, never lose hope and never give up.  We all have moments of frustration in here, where things just don't go the way we want, or as quickly we'd like."  The red in his eyes burned with intensity as he spoke, granting Asmura insight into the depth of will that sat casually at her side.  He wasn't much to look at in build or stature, but she sensed determination within him that would be impossible to dissuade, once set.  

And so he flopped back into the grass, enjoying the beams of sunshine as they radiated down on his black clothing, keeping him nice and toasty.  For an instant, he looked like a great black cat, stretched out on a green carpet, having found the perfect spot to lounge, precisely where the sunbeam landed most brightly.  "Keep it up, Asmura!  Just one more, then we eat!"

The Whisper hadn't taken long to figure out what seemed to motivate her best.

Nodding toward the taller figure her attention was then turned towards the next target. There was another boar pup a couple feet away. Taking the sword and swiping it down Asmura then started toward the next target. Maybe it was the mention of food or maybe lady luck was not present in this moment because the next thing that was known was the blade slicing through…nothing. With the momentum she stumbled forward and barely managed to catch footing.

For just a moment a confused gaze was drawn between the pup and the sword. “Damn,” Asmura murmur, breathing slightly off, “I totally missed.” Now was not the time to let up though. Bring the sword in a defensive position she readied for an attack. In her minds eye the area was laid out and her adventuring partner was close by if anything too crazy happened; however, Asmura didn't think it would. After all, this was just a boar pup and the amount of damage it could do was insignificant

~~~~~~

Spoiler

2/3 tusks collected

[x2] Rage Blow (2 Energy) - The user makes one heavy blow, cleaving into the opponents chest.

177411 1 4 13 4 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Rage Blow vs. Boar Pup#5 2020-11-10 12:08:40

BD: 1 (CRITICAL FAIL)

Asmura | HP: 199/200  | EN: 14/20 (-2) | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 18 | DMG: 4
Freyd- The Whisper in the Shadows: HP:1230/1230 | EN:135/135 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:6

Monsters: 

[H: 0F | 1A] Boar Pup#5 | HP: 5| DMG: 3

Edited by Asmura

Hearing her curse brought a smile to his lips.  'Kids these days!'  Like he was any better at that age?  His right arm lifted up and tugged his cowl farther down over his face to keep the sun out of his eyes.  

"You didn't totally miss," he corrected.  "You totally set yourself up for another dramatic escalation in your epic duel with the indomitable Beelzeboar!"  He laughed even as he said it.  "Have fun with it, is what I'm really trying to say.  There are more then enough sources of frustration around.  Be Zen.  Let it roll off and move on to the next action.  After all, it's not like you can actually change what has already happened."

Persi slipped out from beneath his dark clothing at that point, unable to resist the radiating warmth of a bright sun on black clothing.  The shadow mongoose rolled herself around a few times, to even out the heat, then lazily stretched herself out along Freyd's chest.  The two looked surprisingly well-suited for each other.

A glance at the sprawled-out form basking in the sunlight caused the adventure to relax slightly. If he could be so carefree, then so could she, right? As the duo had discussed, this is what life was going to look like from now on. Might as well have fun and life it to the fullest. Taking a long, inhale through her nose and then letting out she charged forward.

As soon as the first step hit the ground something changed. For a split second Asmura could have sworn that the sound of high pitched, fast paced music could be heard. Battle music. This was her epic duel with the indomitable Beelzeboar and battle music would only be fitting. As quick steps were taken toward the boar pup the sword was raised. Realization must as dawn on the boar pup because it too started to charge. The dueling pair met in the middle. Part of the tusk of the boar pup had caught Asmura on the arm; however, her sword remained true and struck across the beast’s chest. Asmura’s form was the only one to land gracefully on the ground in a crouch position. There, where the boar pup would have been, was a lone tusk. Placing the sword back in the sheath she pivoted and rushed over to place the tusk in the inventory.

“We won the duel with the Beelzeboar,” Asmura cheered, running over to Freyd and leaning over his sprawled-out form, “And I’ve got three tusks! So, we completed the quest. Ready to go talk to that guy again? And then maybe eat?”

~~~~~~~~

Spoiler

2/3 tusks collected

178054 10 3 9 7 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Boar Pup#5 vs. Asmura 2020-11-17 14:10:06

MD: 7-1=6 (HIT) | Asmura: 199-5=194

178055 9 3 15 1 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Asmura vs. Boar Pup#5 2020-11-17 14:12:11

BD: 9+3=12 (HIT) | Boar Pup#5: 4x2=8 DMG

178055 9 3 15 1 Asmura Msg_hover2.png Asmura vs. Boar Pup#5 2020-11-17 14:12:11

LD: 14+3=17 (SUCCESS)

Asmura | HP: 194/200  | EN: 10/20 [-2 Rage Blow] | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 18 | DMG: 4

Monsters: 

[H: 0F | 1A] Boar Pup#5 | HP: 5| DMG: 3

Edited by Asmura

The shadow of a smile crept over his partially covered face as he reclined, listening to the sounds of battle playing out nearby.  Asmura seemed to have found her groove, which was great, and... was that the sound of her humming?  It was followed by clashing forms and the crash of a bursting boar.  A little titter confirmed his assumptions, just as a small, dark silhouette hovered into view overhead.

“We won the duel with the Beelzeboar,” she exclaimed, rightly proud of her accomplishment.

Sitting slowly upright, like some sort of animatronic puppet, Freyd's smile never faded as he gazed upon her.  He spoke softly and sincerely as he congratulated her, lending a strange sort of gravitas to the silly scene.

"No, Asmura.  YOU won YOUR duel with Beelzeboar.  Treasure your victory, and learn from it."  

Clambering to his feet, Freyd's lanky form seemed to tower beside her.

"Come on," he added solemnly.  "I'll race you back."

Before she could tell if he was joking, he was already three strides ahead of her and making a bee line for the city gates.

The shadowed man was standing beside her, and then in the blink of an eye he was three steps away. The race had started. “Hey,” Asmura called, grinning as the little legs carried her as fast as they could, “No fair! You didn’t say start!” Anyone in the field would have seen the duo racing back to the gate of the city gate, laughter ringing through the air and into the endless sky above. In a world where death was breathing down the back of players necks it was a strange sight to see two of them running and laughing about.

It was about halfway through the race when it dawned on her that Freyd was messing with her. He would slow down for about half a second, let her catch up, and then speed up. The illusion that that winning was in her grasp was swiftly disappearing, but it didn’t matter. This was fun.  As Freyd crossed the line into the city Asmura followed. When he had come to stop so had she. “Next time,” Asmura sighed, breath slight uneven, “I’ll beat you.” As it turns out, they were not far from the blacksmiths shop. Together they maneuvered the cities streets and then entered the shop. Within seconds Asmura had provided Mr. Tealeaf with the materials. Only two more lessons quest and then she would be caught up.