[PP-F3] <DHA:3>> No Rest for the Wicked

These restaurant turned out to be a DIY grill, much to her delight.

The bluenette couldn't cook if her life depended on it, but it was so much fun to attempt to anyways. "WOAH." Haine's eyes ignited with delight. She was about eye level with the open burner on the table, twisting and jamming the knobs in front of her. "This place is lit!" She waggled her brows, and for dramatic effect, turned the flame up to top notch. "You know how to grill?" She grabbed the tong and hovered the piece of marinated steak above the flame. It licked up the edges, charring the sides. Alright, fine, she wasn't completely clueless at cooking. She laid a few rows of the cut on the pan. The sizzling, crackling sounds were like music to her ears.

Seldom did she get to pile on as much as she wanted on her plate back home. She was trim and forever conscious with her physique. But here? It's free real estate.

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 65
HP: 1300/1330
EN: 130/130

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit Rank 1 [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Fighter

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify
Barrier Rank 2

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter HP Potions (+50 HP)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Haine

Freyd laughed out loud, watching Haine go mad with glee at the grill.  It was a nice to see her genuinely happy.

"Yeah.  I grew up on the west coast of Canada.  We basically lived off the grill, whether at home or during camping trips.  There was plenty of amazing countryside to explore in British Columbia."  His smile faded somewhat as other memories came flooding back behind those few joyful ones.  Freyd struggled to keep a cheerful look on his face and keep in the spirit of the moment.  "It seems like it's been an eternity since those days.  How about you?  Where'd you learn to pretend not to cook like that?"  He chuckles again, mirth and warmth retuning to his face.  His mouth was already watering at the prospect of a fine, juicy cut.  This almost seemed... normal?  Was that how people called it?  It was pleasant, whatever it was.

"I'll go take care of some veggies for us."  He squeezed past to find some open space on a nearby counter.

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1270/1270 | EN:139/139 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 62
HP: 1270/1270
EN: 139/139

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 4
BH:63
KEEN:1
HLY:6
FLN:6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*1
Missing You (Instant T3 HP Recovery)*2
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
T3 Blank Dungeon Maps*5
Viperion (T3 Toxic Venom)*5

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

"Yeah?" She prodded at the piece of steak. "That's rad." She reached for the glass of soda beside her. "Oh! On the topic of home..." She held a finger in the air as if to pause, taking a swig from her ice water. She cleared her throat and set the glass down. "I'm half Swedish. Born and raised in Sweden." She drummed her fingertips against the countertop and mused. "Lucky you guys got to do that stuff. My dad's a drag, always busy at work." She scrunched her nose at the mention of him. 

She lifted the steak chunks and peered under it. Freyd's commentary drew her attention.  "Hey!" she cut in, in mock offense. "I can cook a mean steak. Just watch." She rolled up her sleeves. She scrutinized the heat knob and scratched her head. What level was she supposed to use to properly cook steak? She alternated the dial a few times, ultimately settling with something in the mid-high range.

She was too preoccupied with the grill to notice the mentioning of veggies, those foul flavor killers.

Freyd found himself facing an assortment of peppers, carrots, onions and other veggies all neatly stacked in lovely little wicker baskets and ready for use.  He washed his hands out of sheer habit, which seemed completely redundant in Aincrad, but whatever.  Flipping a smaller knife casually in his hands he started chopping like a culinary madman, skin and discarded waste flying every which way, yet disappearing when it hit anything other than the counter.  

"I tried using a sword art on the veggies last time I came to one of these places," he said, laughing.  "They told me never ever to come back, on pain of them earning orange icons if they ever saw me again."  His laughter became infectious as it increased.  "You should have seen the place.  It had a crater in the floor and bits of... well, everything, splattered all over the walls and ceilings.  I felt so bad."  He sniffled and wiped away a tear, cursing at the potency of the onions he was slicing and dicing. "How are we doing over there, Swedish Chef?"

The woman watched in sheer horror of those veggies at the table. Onions, grilled, wasn't the end of the world. But whole, raw peppers and carrots? That wasn't a fun time. Her mild disgust transitioned into wonder as she watched the man slice the vegetables like a hibachi pro. "Woah. So you must be a good cook, huh?" She quirked a brow and watched him work at it. "Shoot, I almost forgot the veggies!" She reached over and snagged a spare onion from Freyd. "I'll nab this from ya. So much onion." She reached for the spare cutlery and worked at her portion of veggies.

The story the other brought forth prompted a gasp from the bluenette. "You... what?" She chortled into her fist. "A sword art? Jeez, did you cut the damn table in half along with it?" The lingering foulness of onion was getting to her. She squinted hissed. "Yyeowch. I'm feelin' the burn!" She blindly chopped away at the vegetable culprit. Tears streamed freely down her cheeks and she wiped them away with haste.

"Huh?"

Gaze darted over to the stove. SHIT. She'd forgotten about them! She dropped the cutlery in an instant and snatched the prongs. Much to her relief, it was decently cooked through. A little too tough for her tastes, but if the aroma was any indication, it would be savored nonetheless. She tossed the meat onto an empty plate. "Mmm, I think these babies are good to go." She looked across the table at Freyd's plate. "Boy, where are your carbs?" She shook her head and made way for the produce section. She momentarily returned with fistfuls of potatoes. She diced a good portion and split it between them.

"So," she continued. "How do you like your steak? Lemme guess..." She propped a chin over her palm and narrowed her eyes. "I'm thinkiiing... Medium rare?" She shrugged. "If you're a well done typa guy, I'm afraid our rendezvous ends here."

"Oh, that's how it is, is it?"  He grabbed a pair of baguettes and sauntered over beside Haine, deliberately standing right up against her side to distract as he reached across in front of her for something.  What she didn't notice was his left hand pressing down on his steak.  Sizzling could be heard, but he masked it by getting into her personal space and yapping away.  "I'm good on the whole 'medium' thing, but can we negotiate on the rare/well aspect of that?"  His right hand kept fumbling with a spatula sitting loosely upright in a jug of some kind with a set of whisks and serving spoons.  How could he be the dicer-of-doom one minute, then unable to grab a simple tool the next?  Haine was forced to step back to maintain her personal space, which Freyd had fully counted on. 

"Ah... that should about do it."

Stepping back, he took his hand off the grill, looked at it, and watched as the burn marks closed nearly instantaneously.  Flashing the chef a wily grin, he added: "Ever considered the culinary applications of Battle Healing?  That steak looks perfect now."  He flipped a baby carrot into the air and caught with his teeth, pleased with himself as a purring Cheshire cat.

Haine chortled. "Yeah, bet." The other stepped closer to grab something from the table, She scooted back to give him his own space. "Rare? Not too rare. If you can taste its memories, something's wrong with the picture." She went off on a tangent. "Just enough red," she held her hand out and pressed her fingers together for measure, "but not too over board." The aroma of fresh cooked steak and vegetables roused her appetite. "Ugh, grill faster already...-"

She snatched up her spatula and toyed with the vegetables on the pan. Or lack thereof, all thanks to her picky palate. She watched the man handle steak like a pro, hands on the grill and everything. She gaped. There was an element of surprise to it, despite the absence of pain in this world. She held her hand up to grill, testing her luck. It was a strange sensation that the fire was only a comfortable amount of warm, rather than the inferno it looked like. She whistled at their final results.

"Lookin' goood! I can't wait to chow."

She dumped everything on the plate and fished for her cutlery. She plopped down in her seat and switched off the grill. Plate ready, she muttered a poor excuse of a prayer, in haste to dig in. "Hey, can I nab a bite of yours too? It'll be an official taste test." She sliced her food into chunks and pushed the plate forward, offering him a portion from hers. "You're about to have your mind blown."

Freyd pulled out of the way, his little bit of mischief with his steak concluded.  Helping Haine load up the dishes, he joined her at the table.  It caught him off guard when she offered a small prayer.  "I had no idea..."  He accepted her trade offer with a nod, and gave her the choicest cut from his own platter.  She'd earned it, and it was nice to be able to share.  "Was that by choice, or something your parents imposed?  My house was strictly atheist."  Sparing a moment for a breath, he took a bite and felt the juice just gush out of the meat bringing a plethora of savoury flavours along with it.  "Haine!  This is amazing!"  He took another bite and was soon shoveling every forkful he could into his gob.  Slicing off a few pieces from the baguette he'd grabbed earlier, he offered them to her, the sweet scent wafting over the table as steam rose from the freshly cut sections.

"This was a really good idea."

Haine's eyes glimmered. "F-For real? It's good?" Carob eyes glimmered with anticipation to have at her plate. But first, she would try his. Medium well wasn't her cup of tea, but she could appreciate the texture over the torturous well done. She had to meet those sad fruitcakes. But this? The succulent piece of steak was calling for her. She salivated at the steamy aroma hitting her full blast. "Here I go!" She stabbed the piece of steak offered to her, giving it a few tentative bites. Eyes lit up with excitement. "Ohmgoth." She spoke through a mouthful of steak. She had caught her ill manners a hair too late and blocked her mouth with her forearm. She worked to chew the bite and cleared her throat. "Oop, my bad. It was just too good!"

She worked at her own plate and took a bite of hers. The texture was a little rarer than Freyd's, but only by a smidge. She clapped her hands together. "You're rightttt. I did well." She shoveled in bites as she listened to the other. "Oh, the prayer?" She smiled softly. "Yeah, we're religious. Just a lil'." She reached for her water and swished it around. "Prayer before meal's the norm. It kinda became a habit on my own."

She nodded in agreement with him.

"Yeah. This place should be five star! I'm tellin ya, hole in the wall's are the best type of restaurants."

"We should bring the guild here for a night out sometime..." His head perked up.  Had he just said that?  Had he actually just thought that?  Freyd never thought of social engagements, let alone those deliberately designed to involve him.  His posture relaxed a moment later. It actually felt... good?  

"Hey... thanks for this, Haine.  I haven't shared a decent meal like this with a friend since... hell... ever.  It was really nice."  He padded his absent gut, feeling more full than he could actually be.  "The day's getting on.  Should be go see if we can nab ourselves another reptile before the sun sets?"  The lanky brown-haired boy was just about to stand and clear some of the dishes away when another patron walked by with some strudel like pastry on a platter that smelled like apple-scented divinity.  "What do you think?  We take them to go?"  Red eyes sparkling with mischief, he nodded towards the dessert table.

For sure! We can rent out the entire place." She leaned back in her seat and gasped for air. Her belly was stuffed with sustenance. She went above and beyond, she felt sick to her stomach. It was worth the temporary bloat and pain. Delectable pixel after pixel, she wouldn't have it any other way. She washed her meal down with the rest of her water.

The other's earnest confession warmed her. "Yeah," she started, patting her belly, "Anytime friend, it's been real!" Today had went better than she thought. "Teach me how to dice vegetables like that sometime." Getting to know comrades was the best part of Firm Anima. It was like her second family in the midst of this chaotic game. They may have been gathered for a larger calling, but to her it meant a little more. Firm Anima was one of her driving purposes, it gave her comfort.

Time was of the essence, and a good amount of it flashed by. "Yeah, we probably should hit the r-" Her attention fixated  on the tray of warm strudels floating by. "Y'know what? I'm never too full for dessert. Let's go for it." Her body felt so heavy that she struggled to get out of her seat. She braced herself against the table and stood up. "Hmm, all you can eat... How many do I wanna eat right now?" 

That was a dangerous question.

A few crude jokes followed about Haine being both voracious and insatiable, but Freyd knew not to push the limits too far.  The comments were only meant in jest.

"Okay... *burp*... hehe..."  He staggered out of the restaurant and back towards the main road.  "The Opal Dragon is up on floor number three. We'll want to hitch a portal ride up a floor and then head to this little grove not too far from town.  Whatever you do," and he suddenly seemed to get both somber and serious, "please, under no circumstances are we to engage in any musical combat or choreographed dance battles."  He grabbed his head, as if the thrumming from the last encounter was still there.

"Elora and Katoka... look, just don't.  It was embarrassing enough the last time." Her curious look seemed to be pleading for more details.  "Okay, so, like, the dragon has a bunch of elven cultists that try and defend it.  It's a bit laughable, to be honest, but whatever.  Anyway, we'll likely have to fight a couple of them along with the dragon.  No big deal, so long as no singing or dancing is involved."

She staggered out the door way, the food in her belly like an anchor hanging from her midsection. She groaned. "Gghh..." She inhaled sharply. "I need to walk off this bloat." The sudden change in tone and mention of musical combat and choreographed dance battles? She raised a brow. "A what now?" She laughed, more like a wheeze with her lack of breath. "Pretty solid distraction strategy, I guess?" She propped her hands on her hips. "Let's hope it doesn't get to that, but I'm not makin' any promises!"

The question was on the tip of her tongue, the imagine of Freyd busting moves was burned in her mind. "So... did you dance too?" She couldn't imagine it. If she could describe any hypothetical vision, she pictured a "dad dancer". A little shimmy with a sucker punch of flavor. "HAH, wish I was there for it." She tossed a spare puff of pastry to the cub beside her feet. "Here, take it bud. I'm about to combust."

Edited by Haine

"So... did you dance too?"

Freyd stopped and looked at Haine with a deadpan scowl on his face, one dark eyebrow raised higher than the other in a 'wtf do you think' kind of pose.

"Not my thing," was all he said.  Topic slain.

"And if we can get this dragon slain, you'll have your chance to participate with them soon enough.  I'm sure they'd be eager to make it a trio."  Walking ahead of her again, Freyd let his eyes roll up towards the sky.  In his mind, this was how the Sundered Spire was born: players taking the death of mobs too flippantly.  He'd said his apologies to the two elven cultists last time around, and he meant it.  If the quest says they have to die, then so be it, but he didn't have to enjoy it, and they didn't deserve to have him look gleeful about the deed.

Reaching the teleportation portal, at last, he spoke the name of their destination, then vanished.

"Delilah."

"Ah, what a wasted opportunity," she quipped. "Could've been fun." The prospect of rushing this quest to meet up with the others was tempting. She hadn't interacted with some guild mates as much as she would have liked. It was easy to get wrapped up in her own agenda and forget all else. "Okay then! Let's make it happen." She clasped her hands together.

The crystal crushed, and along with it, they warped to the teleport gate of the third floor. The instant change in scenery was refreshing. The way to the elven tribe was a hair away. Footsteps quickened, soles clacking against cobblestone. Cobblestone transcended into moss, as they approached the wooded territory. A smell of pine and mowed lawn was like an assault to her senses. She scrunched her nose and sniffed. "I'll have ya' lead the way from here. We're awful close to it!"

From afar, a group of nasally voices bickered amongst each other.

Yup.  There they were: the same pair of elves as yesterday.  Fortunately, the rest of the tribe hadn't gathered for some sort of disturbing dance-off, this time, though he suspected that they would have, had Elora and Katoka still been with him.  Instead, the two elves looked to be giving the hatchling some kind of back rub, one applying moisturing cream to its dried out scales while the other fanned it with a large palm frond.

"SERIOUSLY!?"  Freyd groaned and died a little inside.  "It's not parched, you idiots, it's molting!  How the hell can you call yourselves dragon cultists if you don't know the first thing about reptiles?   Aaargghh!  Who wrote this stuff?!  Come on!  Let's get this over with.  We're going to put you out of this atrocious misery."  He nodded to his companion.  "You take the little one.  I'll take... the other little one.  Hnnng."  These quests really needed a prompt and total rewrite... *sigh*

Haine wheezed at the sight of the overweight hatchling in the center of this cultish ring. The stupidity of these elves was all but endearing, she felt a sense of guilt knowing the bar above their heads were lit. She would have no choice but to tear through their pathetic attempt at defense. Freyd's little outburst lessened the guilt a little, a hearty laugh escaping her. "Hey, I'm not complainin'. Now, what was that about dancing?"

She pointed at the two pointy-eared humanoids.  The elf, in haste to defend their majesty, wiped the rest of the lotion on the nearest thing around, the cloth of his fellow guardsman. The other elf let out a shriek and decked the one beside him square in the face. Haine covered her mouth and watched with mild amusement.

"You didn't tell me they could pull circus acts too"

The hatchling's eyes opened and rested on the duo. Unceremoniously, the creature let out a guttural screech. A foreign, elvish language left its tongue. The clamoring duo, after they had finished beefing it up, faced the players. "Come at me!" She manifested her blade and pointed it at the elves. An incoherent babble left the two. They grabbed their clubs, and in tandem, swung at her. "Toooo slow." Haine blew a raspberry and swept behind them. She pivoted her glaive and sliced clean through them.

The thorns pricked only a hair on her.

Party:

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1270/1270 | EN:139/139 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63

Haine | HP: 1272/1330(-28) | EN: 117/130 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36

ID: 169894 / BD: 3+4=7 [ ATTACK #1 ] 9*19=171 dmg
ID: 169895 / BD: 9 [ ATTACK #2 ] 10*19=190 dmg

Enemy:

Elven Dragon Cultist #1 | HP: 50 | MIT: 25 | DMG: 35 | Thorns: 14
Elven Dragon Cultist #2 | HP: 50 | MIT: 25 | DMG: 35 | Thorns: 14

Edited by Haine

Freyd palmed his face with his right hand as he watched Haine destroy the two elven cultists, yet completely ignore the dragon.  Elora and Katoka had done exactly the same thing.  And, just as before, two more cultists suddenly appeared from the forest at the sound of the dragon's screech.  It was almost as if they were summoned purely to fulfill a quest objective - because they were.  Following close behind his favourite bluenette, Freyd gave a hearty swipe at the pudgy reptile as he continued past it to cut down its two newly arrived minions.  The dragon flailed about madly.  If sunscreen in a cut was annoying, what would moisturizer in an major open wound be like?

"Now, Haine, put the beast out of its misery and we'll be caught up with Elora and Katoka.  I'm sure that they're singing karaoke somewhere, waiting for us."  A chill shudder ran down his back at the very notion, but there was a disturbingly high chance that his prediction was accurate.

Party:

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1228/1270 (-42) | EN:125/139 (-14) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63

Haine | HP: 1272/1330(-28) | EN: 117/130 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE, +6 for hits) = 18 EN - (Rested, Finesse 3) = 14 EN

ID: 169907 / BD: 3+4=7 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*19 = 228 - 40 = 188) damage to Ghirodah.
ID: 169908 / BD: 6+4=10 (hit, fallen).  Freyd deals (12*25 = 300 - 25 = 275) damage to Elven Dragon Cultist #3.
ID: 169909 / BD: 7+4=11 (hit, fallen).  Freyd deals (12*25 = 300 - 25 = 275) damage to Elven Dragon Cultist #4.

Keen triggers.

ID 169907: MD: 2 + 1 - 2 = 1 (miss)   Ghirodah misses Freyd

Freyd takes 42 thorns damage

Enemy:

[H:1,0] Ghirodah – The Opal Hatchling | HP: 27/215 | MIT: 40 | DMG: 70 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 | Thorns 14 (215-188)
Elven Dragon Cultist #3 | HP: 50 | MIT: 25 | DMG: 35 | Thorns: 14 (50-275)
Elven Dragon Cultist #4 | HP: 50 | MIT: 25 | DMG: 35 | Thorns: 14 (50-275)

She looked back to the other, expecting him to step up and strike. Upon the look of disappointment and on his face and the facepalm, she tilted her head. "What?" She shrugged her shoulders. It was when he eyed the dragon that she got his indirect comment. She gaped silently in realization. "Ehehe..." She cringed and looked aside, scratching her blue locks. "All in good fun? Now you get a shot." She gestured at the dragon in dismissal.

"Yes chief!" She saluted, shaking off the little setback. Tip of her blade glowed a cerulean tinge as she held it back. She vaulted off her glaive and flew into the air. The enemy, however, was swift on its talons. The hatchling shrieked, flying out of range. "Uh-oh." Haine yelped and lost grip of her weapon, in haste to buffer the fall. Forearms shielded her face as she crashed into the soil. "G...G-Damn you're fast!" She lifted her face off the dirt and spat out the mud.

ID: 169924

BD: 2-1+4=5 [ M I S S ]

Party:

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1228/1270 (-42) | EN:123/139 (-14) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63

Haine | HP: 1272/1330 | EN: 117/130 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36

Enemy:

[H:1,0] Ghirodah – The Opal Hatchling | HP: 27/215 | MIT: 40 | DMG: 70 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 | Thorns 14

Edited by Haine

Freyd raced to intercept the paunchy little thing as it waddled awkwardly due to the size of its gut, sloughing skin and the nasty gash he had already given it.  Ghirodah actually manages to stick its head into a batch of fronds before he caught up with it and cleaved it in half with a sword art-backed overhead slice.  The dragon gave an audible pop as it burst into a cloud of crystalline shards.  Haine immediately received notification of quest completion, beaming at the achievement.

Freyd chuckled and gave her a quick 'thumbs up'.  They'd finally managed to catch up to their other two guild mates on the quest chain.

"Come on.  Katoka tricked Elora into going with her to the hot springs.  My guess is that she's going to make a move.  The little blue samurai is desperate for some companionship, and probably isn't above luring a girlfriend to go to the baths to find out if she's interested."

Spoiler

Party:

Freyd heals 42 HP from Battle Healing

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1256/1270 (+42 - 14) | EN:115/139 (-8) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63

Haine | HP: 1272/1330 | EN: 117/130 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BLD:36

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (rested, finesse 3, turn recovery) = 8 EN

ID #169926 | BD: 2 + 4 +1 - 1 = 6 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*19 = 247 - 40 = 207) damage to Ghirodah.

Freyd takes 14 thorns damage.

Enemy:

[H:1,0] Ghirodah – The Opal Hatchling | HP: 27/215 | MIT: 40 | DMG: 70 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 | Thorns 14 (27 - 207)

Thread Summary:

Haine receives:

3 SP (1 page, +1 event, +1 quest)

850 col

<Ghidorah’s Opal> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize.

Freyd receives: 

2 SP (1 page, +1 event) - quest previously completed.

200 col