Damage: 2
Mitigation: 35
Accuracy: 2
REC:2
THRNS:9
TAUNT:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Exploding Star (T1/WH/Vanity)
Armor: Midnight Haze (T1/HA/Rare): MIT I, THRNS I / Heaven's Wall (T1/SH/Perfect: Mit | rec ||
Misc: Tear of the stars (Trinket/Perfect): ACC ||, Taunt

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 2]
Block [Rank 1]
Warhammer [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*3
[T1]Health potions(rare)(+40 HP)*5
[T1]Damage potion(uncommon)(+1 DAM)*1
[T1]OHP(special)(+50 max HP for thread)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Ozwald opened up his HUD, finding his friends list and clicking on the only name there ChaseR. "Hey Chase, I am thinking of changing my build completely, and i heard about a quest on the second floor that will let me use my fists in combat, Breaking the Unbreakable. Would you be willing to join me on my trek up to the second floor?" quickly typing out his message Ozwald sent it out to Chase before starting to walk to Chase's shop like they had agreed upon a few hours earlier, not waiting for a response, he could just talk to him about it in person when he got to the shop. Walking along the busy streets, ideas flitted through Ozwald's head before fully and completely settling on where he wanted to go with his power. Finding himself in front of the door to the average shop Ozwald opened the door, his new shield on his back, and his crystalline mace resting on his hip.

@ChaseR

The boy had almost napped by the time that he was messaged, the grind of the past few days having taken a fair bit of a toll on him. Whatever- he was up and awake, dressed with his combat armor like before and waiting behind the counter in his Cheap Chips. Not even five minutes after he'd found himself getting messaged, Oz arrived, greeted with an ordinary wave. The bluehead walked out from the counter and held the door open, letting him exit almost the same way that he entered with little time in between.

"Let's go. I've done the quest already and right now, I pack a mean punch, but... How come you wanted to change?", he questioned with a curious expression and a raised brow, his head tilted to the side slightly while he awaited a response. He seemed quite firm to prove himself as a tank, but... perhaps the exhilaration of getting a few clean swings against a monster and beating it dead got him more excited. He had these violent tendencies too, seeing his track record with adrenaline rushes in SAO, but...

"Decided tanking is too boring?", he added in the end, his face remaining blank as ever. Whatever the case, even if more load was on him for tanking even when he got to tier three, all was fine. Each to their own- otherwise, it'd be better to just sit back in an inn and wait it out really. The same way that they'd both done until they picked up their weapons and armor to get going.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 62
HP: 1270/1270
EN: 124/124

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:63
VAMP DEF:63
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 1]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Rank 1]
Charge [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

"Yeah, that's honestly the biggest part," Ozwald said rubbing the back of his head. "I think my talents lay more towards the, slaughtering of enemies, than standing around taking the hits." Ozwald walked with Chase through the streets of the Town of Beginnings, not walking with any urgency at all. "I think I am going to start striking from the shadows, hitting my enemies before they even know I am there." Finally the pair reached the central plaza, where the teleport gate stood four pillars on the corners of a raised dais with a taller pillar in the center. Standing on the dais with Chase Ozwald called out "Urbus" A flash of blue light appeared as Ozwald was teleported to the main settlement of the second floor. Waiting for Chase to do the same Ozwald thought about how he was going to go about switching from a main tank to a DPS.

So he was looking down somebody else that would follow the path of NIGHT and Hidden- the latter of which Chase didn't even knew of. That was nice. Honestly, aside from NIGHT, there was nobody else that he'd even remotely heard of using stealth- Ariel tried that on him to see if he'd spot her in time, but... of course she'd failed. She didn't have any points in Hiding, after all. Now that they on top of the teleport plaza, Oz disappeared. It didn't take long before Chase was enveloped in the same blue light, appearing back on the second.

Upon arrival, he took his sword off, dropping his damage by a fair bit- that didn't matter much though as he would still pack a mean punch due to the buff that Blizz, his pet provided him. Even asleep at home, he was more helpful than Chase could even begin to put into words. "Hm. I see. So you'll want to invest points in... Martial Arts and Hiding then? Probably Light Armor too, right now you're too heavy to be good at stealthing."

"Yeah that is my plan, I was also planning on picking up a dagger just in case."  Ozwald said unequipping his mace and placing it in his inventory. "Then hopefully I will be able to be of more help. And i hopefully would enjoy myself more." Ozwald said heading in the direction that the NPC quest giver was. After just a few minutes of walking with his companion, Ozwald came upon the house that the NPC lived in, opening the door Ozwald found himself face to face with a strong burly man with fists the size of his head, and a height at least a head taller than Chase. "I came to learn the, art of Martial arts" Ozwald said to the man of which he only came to the elbow of. "You?" The man laughed incredibly "You're tiny, fine i guess I will lead you up the mountain and help you learn the way of the fist." Ozwald thanked the man and waited for him to lead them to the mountain.

Despite what Ozwald thought of himself, tanks were anything but useless. Hell, if Chase wasn't a) a tank and b) so overleveled in comparison, he would be shining out of the party that he would have had. But now, the extra damage would be good if Chase kept using low rank sword arts to cripple mobs with how high his numbers really were. He watched him exchange a few words with the old man, who accepted Oz as his apprentice and began to climb up the mountains along with them.

When they got all the way up to a mountaintop, it appeared to be completely flat. The only thing standing in the middle was a massive boulder and nothing else but these three. The old man posed the simple challenge onto the youngster and the bluehead accompanying him. "All you will have to do is break this boulder, using just your fists. This means you both unequip your weapons- sword arts or attacks with anything but fists will not work on the rock. I'll be waiting.". Chase opened up his menu, silently unequipping his weapon as his damage dropped massively- it still remained fairly high, nonetheless.

[Chase unequips Blizz' Embrace.]

ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]

Edited by ChaseR

Ozwald stood beside Chase and the man on top of the mountain, listening to the martial artist explain what the objective of the quest was. "This is going to be easy" Ozwald thought to himself walking up to the boulder that was in front of them. Opening his HUD Ozwald unequipped his crystalline mace, noticing the miniscule change in damage, Ozwald knew he was doing the right thing.

[Ozwald unequipped Exploding Star]  

Grimm Reaper | HP:200/200 | EN:20/20 | DMG:1 | MIT:35 | ACC:2 | REC:2 | THRNS:9 | TAUNT:1

Spoiler

image.png.a1424f061c73a487a176d0188d66ec6a.png

Round 2

ID#170800

BD: 7 + 4 = 11(Hit) 11 | 1

ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
Grimm Reaper: HP: 200/200 | EN:20/20 | DMG:1 | MIT:35 | ACC:2 | REC:2 | THRNS:9 | TAUNT:1

The Boulder: 49/50 (-1) | -2 EVA 

Ozwald brought his fists up into a boxing position in front of his chin, standing on the balls of his feet hopping a few times to get his blood flowing. Once Ozwald was prepared he threw out a quick forward jab with his right hand, hitting the rock, but doing more damage to his fist than he did the rock. After his hit landed Ozwald brought his fist back up into his guard position, continuing to stay completely loose both with his feet and with his shoulders.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

Seeing how quickly Oz got into it, he saw not even a small crack form at the jab. It made him nostalgic just like the quests before, to see how miniscule amounts of damage he was dealing. He was all the same, using Ariel's borrowed hand-wraps to boost his numbers from Setsuna or whatever her name was... Oh boy, what a blast that was. Being all alone up here in the mountains to beat a rock beyond death. Except he hadn't done it for the martial arts skill- he'd done it for the SP.

As weak as he was, he wanted to reach out for as much SP as possible. This time though, it was different. He really had a reason for coming all the way to here and that wasn't bad at all. With a weak, somewhat careless punch, his knuckles met the rock. The feeling was the same as before- wrong. If it were in the real world, he'd be all scratched and bruised up even like this. But its health had depleted significantly all the same. "It feels the same but the damage is off- in a good way."

Spoiler

image.png.7adb64e9ea53e3dae752a4c88e301861.png

ChaseR attacks The Boulder! (BD: 7)

ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
Grimm Reaper: HP: 200/200 | EN:20/20 | DMG:1 | MIT:35 | ACC:2 | REC:2 | THRNS:9 | TAUNT:1

The Boulder: 38/50 (-11) | -2 EVA 

Edited by ChaseR
Spoiler

image.png.e1860b4c6bd16016585715905017299b.png

Round 2

ID#170986

BD: 4 + 4 = 8(Hit) 11 | 1

ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
Grimm Reaper: HP: 200/200 | EN:20/20 | DMG:1 | MIT:35 | ACC:2 | REC:2 | THRNS:9 | TAUNT:1

The Boulder: 37/50 (-1) | -2 EVA 

Ozwald continued bouncing on the balls of his feet, the rock may not be able to hit them, because it was a rock, but it was better to get into habits. Being loose on his feet and prepared to jump away at any moment would let Ozwald help control the flow of battle, and would allow him to avoid any damage. Looking at the big boulder Ozwald noticed that, while Ozwald's attack had done virtually nothing, Chase's had actually made little spider hair fractures appear on the surface of the rock "You are so strong." Ozwald said gritting his teeth in determination, someday I will be that strong he thought to himself preparing for another strike. Ready on his feet Ozwald jabbed forward with his left fist this time, landing a solid blow on one of the fractures on the rock. Maybe Ozwald couldn't do much damage, but all of the practice he could get would help him improve.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

At the compliment, Chase laughed before looking to the side at him. "I haven't been complimented much before, so you really dish out compliments for free, huh? You'll be stronger than me. Martial arts hit harder and work on coordinating your body more. Just get to tier three first.", he commented rather gracefully, given his speech capabilities, pulling his hand back and dishing out another punch right at the rock. It really didn't feel any different, it was still as wrong as ever.

And watching the cracks form right before them felt even more so, confusing him to no extent. "... I think it's at times like these I should be glad that the pain in here, we don't feel at all... Imagine if we had to punch a rock fully feeling every little bit.", he thought to himself and visibly shuddered a bit, shaking his head to rid it of these admittedly cursed thoughts to move on with the training. 

Spoiler

image.png.c6b517c0d3e9982b3851e0b406a1e10f.png

The Boulder: 26/50 (-11) | -2 EVA 

Edited by ChaseR
Spoiler

image.png.76f6af039a58d1b9972d15e2c74c7367.png

Round 3

ID#170993

BD: 4 + 4 = 8(Hit) 11 | 1

The Boulder: 25/50 (-1) | -2 EVA 

Smiling sincerely Ozwald looked over at his blue haired friend. "I think that everyone deserves praise." Ozwald sighed  "I think that everyone should feel proud of the things that they manage to accomplish, every little accomplishment is still an accomplishment right?" Ozwald turned back to face the big rock, the cracks having gotten once again noticeably bigger, aiming for the biggest crack he could see Ozwald spun with his foot out slamming his heel into the big rock, before falling back into his light airy stance. "If we don't praise people for the little accomplishments that they make, what reason do they have to feel good about the big accomplishments? Wait, Kicking was allowed right?" Ozwald suddenly asked looking worriedly over at Chase. waiting for a reply Ozwald prepared himself for another strike against the rock, staying on the balls of his feet with his fists up guarding his chin.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

The worried tone in his question just made him laugh. This wasn't up to question- Chase had barely indulged in sports any yet even he knew better. "You ever heard of martial arts without kicks?", he asked and pulled his leg back, making a kicking motion right towards the rock with the side of his boot. He couldn't open his legs wide enough to give the proper momentum to his kick, but obviously he wasn't cut out for martial arts- that's why he'd strayed away and stuck to his swordsmanship all the same.

Despite his poor stance however, he managed to still kick a larger dent than before into the rock, which was beginning to crumble bit by bit into tiny blue shards. "Looks like it's wearing down. Having high numbers helps, but knowing what you're doing is better. The game's aim assist will help you if you're not certain, so don't worry about that either. If it didn't, I'd be a complete train wreck in battles.", he admitted and scratched the back of his head, laughing slightly.

Spoiler

image.png.9b8b660cd04f2e9da332f53368af8da0.png

ChaseR attacks The Boulder! (BD: 10)
11 + 2 = 13

ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 119/124 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
Grimm Reaper: HP: 200/200 | EN:15/20 | DMG:1 | MIT:35 | ACC:2 | REC:2 | THRNS:9 | TAUNT:1

The Boulder: 12/50 (-13) | -2 EVA 

Edited by ChaseR
Spoiler

image.png.bbb264bf416f968bb2c309b22adea556.png

Round 4

ID#170995

BD: 5 + 4 = 9(Hit) 11 | 1

The Boulder: 11/50 (-1) | -2 EVA 

Ozwald was relieved to hear that he didn't ruin the quest by not using exclusively his fists. "Yeah I have noticed. I only have a basic knowledge of MMA, my best friend was training to go pro for it, and i helped her. The system has definitely improved my skills." Ozwald said ducking down and swinging his foot out at the same time in a low sweep kick. The rock barely gaining any more damage compared to Chase's last hit. Quickly hopping up from his low stance Ozwald landed back onto the balls of his feet with his hands up to guard from any potential threat. "The boulder looks pretty damaged. I think you will be able to take it out no problem." Ozwald looked over at the man who he had very recently met, but still considered a friend. Ozwald let himself relax a bit, knowing that he probably wouldn't be able to get another hit in anyways, still ready to attack if the need arises, but no longer stressing about getting as many hits as possible in. 

Edited by Grimm Reaper

For a second, Chase misheard Oz and thought that he wanted to chip the rest down for himself. As entertaining and mean-spirited as it would have been to let him go at it for a few more minutes until the boulder was no more, he'd rather get this over with and put the newbie back on his merry way honestly. "Mmh, I think so too. Here goes-", he heaved and threw a final punch right with his knuckles at the rock, watching the cracks on it grow. It wasn't long before they became bigger and bigger, and finally broke apart into multiple tiny pieces.

While the boulder fell down into dust and shattered rocks, he smiled and looked back to Oz. "Now you should have the skill. See it?", he asked and gestured towards his menu, wanting to see if the new skill had shown up in Oz' extra skills unlockables. While it wasn't there by default, he knew that anybody who finished Breaking the Unbreakable could view it and inspect its 'sword arts', as unfitting as the name really was.

Spoiler

image.png.8a9a8268528fec70928a388fcac3213f.png

ChaseR: HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 118/124 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 63 | V.(DEF): 63 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
Grimm Reaper: HP: 200/200 | EN: 14/20 | DMG:1 | MIT:35 | ACC:2 | REC:2 | THRNS:9 | TAUNT:1

The Boulder: 0/50 (-11) | -2 EVA 

Edited by ChaseR

Ozwald opened up his HUD maneuvering it until he had reached the skills section, sure enough there it was plain as day under unlocked skills rank 0 Martial arts. "Yeah its here." Ozwald said grinning from ear to "Granted I wouldn't say I earned it, I would have been here a much longer time if you weren't here." Ozwald closed down his menu excited to have taken the first step towards changing the way he played. 

Turning to face the Martial artist who had given Ozwald the quest Ozwald said "It's done. I destroyed the boulder." The martial artist crossed his arms over his chest "I didn't think you had it in you, well you are a full fledged martial artist now, you can do anything that a real martial artist could do." "Well should we go back to Urbus?" Ozwald asked turning back to face hs new blue haired friend, Chase.

The humble comment just made him chuckle lowly. "I first did this quest solo. Except I'd borrowed a friend's handwraps. You'd have done it without me for what- ten attacks more? You'd just have to find a tailor and ask for handwraps before even picking this up first. I didn't do anything here.", he told him with a small smile. He wasn't trying to be humble himself, just doing what suited him most- being blunt about the truth. He only sped things up, but with the motions and stances that he was making, Ozwald was hopefully starting to get in the right shape of mind for martial arts.

Now that the old man had approved of him too, Chase gave him a nod and decided it was about time that they began to return. With a brief clap, he began to head back down the mountains, waving the martial artist goodbye as they left the mountaintop and began back down on their trip to Urbus. "How's it feel? Changing your fighting style like that?", he asked abruptly as ever, looking over his shoulder with both hands in his pockets. Initially, he was thinking that if he had some good item he couldn't make use of because of it being heavy armor, he could pass it over- that could go off the list now though. Maybe if he found a good weapon though, he could pass it on- or he could help him get some freeze inflicting handwraps, the same way that he had gotten his sword.

"This, is definitely a fighting style that I am more used to." Ozwald said to his companion "I have at least some practice with this, I had never picked up a sword before, the system may do most of the work for you, but I can tell knowing what you are doing definitely helps." Ozwald began walking down the mountaintop with Chase, hands behind his head as they walked down the winding dirt path "Now the only steps I have are to raise enough money to reset all of my skills, and to buy weapons and armor that fit my new style. It will be a while for sure, but I think it is worth it." Ozwald said eyes filling with determination. walking down the long winding path Ozwald was amazed by how their virtual bodies never tired, it was a weird sensation that he could never really get used to, but there were a lot of things in this world that were like that. Reaching the bottom of the mountain only took 10 minutes, but the long winding path made it feel like centuries.

While heading further down the path, he quietly looked over to the side. Even if he wasn't able to offer an armor of sorts, right now, getting as much Col as he'd need to reset all of his skills within what... a few monster kills? He had enough Col to spare, and even if he didn't, he'd just go back to the forest in the twenty second and get some more again. "I can help you with that. Just pay me back later.", he looked to the side and told him with a small smile, opening up his trade tab and offering a grand sum of around twenty three thousand Col.

Despite his offer, he still didn't think he was doing something out of the ordinary. NIGHT offered him around eighty thousand in funds when she thought he might need it for something, so giving it to Oz while knowing exactly what he'd do with it, and it'd definitely go to a good cause, was no biggie. "You don't have to rush. I've been in your shoes once.", he admitted with slow nods to himself, looking up at the sky. That little trip to the volcano and back was literal hell, after the cerberus part, funny enough.

Ozwald accepted his trade request and accepted the money from Chase "Thankyou, that is amazingly kind of you. I will make sure to completely pay you back." Ozwald smiled warmly glad to see that not everyone inside this game had a heart of ice. "In the meantime, I own a merchant's shop, come by any time and I will identify your gear for no price at all. I may not be good, but the offer is still up." As soon as Ozwald got to the Town of Beginnings Ozwald would reset himself completely, he would keep all of the skill points he had gained, but he would be able to redistribute them at will, effectively letting him start from scratch. Finally reaching the end of the path Ozwald walked with his friend through the streets of Urbus before finding the teleport location. Ozwald called out "The Town of Beginnings" teleporting him to the first floor  "Thankyou, for all of your help, for now I am going to be on my way, I will stop by your shop when I have everything sorted out" Ozwald said looking at his friend before turning away and walking down the street.

The offer was fairly kind, and if anything, it was more than he could ask for. Any equipment that he had, like consumables or trinkets, would definitely be offered to Grimm from here on out for identification- no better way to truly raise his proficiency's rank any faster. Plus, he might even find something worth keeping and pushing to other players, as slim as the chances might be. It was all about practicing until you can't no more, of course. "That's a good offer- don't suck yourself dry out of money that way though. I'll see what I can cook up for you."

After the sincere exchange of words, it appeared Ozwald would do some exploring himself. That was alright. He'd better get acquainted with everything in Aincrad, otherwise he'd be lost the moment that Chase broke off the next day. Whatever the case, he waved him goodbye in return and instead of the shop, he opted for being sent a message. "I don't actually stick around the shop much, so... Message me whenever you want.". After all, he had quests to do himself as well, or he'd stop leveling up at the rate he was- which was fast, too. Not too shabby whatsoever.

Spoiler

Thread Rewards:

• ChaseR: 2 SP (1 page, 1 event)
  • Grimm Reaper: 3 SP (1 quest, 1 page, 1 event), Access to Martial Arts (Extra Skill), 400 Col

Edited by ChaseR