[F22-PP] Final Lessons are paid for (SoW6)

A familiar aura of what was floor 22, its grand lake still riddled by the night what seemed just but a day ago. Strange that the chain would end here of all places, where the guild resides. Where the first battle for them all at once was, no more suited location to share what was left to convey. Stepping down a trail of red seemed to cling to the swordsman, fighting spirit just lingered in his eyes as tightness around his chest felt heavy enough to pull the life from him. "Not yet but soon, I am eager to see myself." Raidou spoke toward his stomach to something concealed with his voice distorted slightly. He'd swell and wait, this poison lingering around him while he waited for his companion. A clear head through his fury still pulling and peeling at the walls of his psyche begging to be released, and it would be sated for it was time to reveal his hand to the leader of operations for he could see the benefits when others. Others would see a monster.

Raidou consumes: Antibody Amalgam (3/3), Well Done Steak (+2 Base, -30 Mit), Titan's Strength (+3 Base), Lemon Lavender Bar (+2 Evasion), Fish w/ Anchovy Paste (+50 Mit, Filled), Elixer of Vitality [Compound 3] (+135 Max HP), Poached Egg (+2 Accuracy)

Raidou | HP:1685/1685 | EN:152/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 76
HP: 1685/1685
EN: 152/152

Stats:
Damage: 14
Mitigation: 126
Evasion: 6
Accuracy: 5
BH:84

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS] V.O 1, BLD 1, ACC 1
Armor: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion
Misc: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector
Survival

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Emergency Recovery
Detect
Tracking

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Mass Heal Crystal*5
Hypnosis 2 (Masterpiece/Instant)*1
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Nightvision Mod]
Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Raidou

Freyd rejoined Raidou as he emerged from the portal in Coral, not eager to return to the site of so many recent trials - like that would somehow stop him from doing so.  He could see it now: his fellow captain's seething rage was brimming over.  The very same thing had happened to him in the Forest of Mysteries, wherein their very guild hall could be found.  Somehow, it felt appropriate that truth and revelation should occur here.  Raidou seemed to be trying to tell him something after they defeated the last link in this particular chain.  It was almost like he wasn't quite sure how to put it into words.  That alone was telling.  Raidou was, by nature, meticulous and precise.  He'd gotten the sense of it from the very moment they had first met.  Out of courtesy respect, Freyd had refrained from prying, but those days might soon need to end.  Part of him was gleeful with anticipation, and the other half dreading what it might do to his friend.  It was an all-too-familiar place.

"What is it, Raidou.  It's not like you to be nervous or agitated."  Or was he just eager, like a child ready to share some great secret with a fellow conspirator.  There certainly seemed to be an air of that afoot.

@Raidou

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:143/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3

Spoiler

Freyd Consumes:

Mega-Duper Anti-Everything Sauce (Antidote 3) [170006]
Red Velvet Meringue (EVA 2) [170020]
Pure Unadulterated Rage (T3 MIT 3) [170007]
Max Level Courage (T3 OH) [169213]
Liquor of Light (DMG 3) [167840-1]
Viperion (T3 Toxic Venom) [154860]
Artisan Carrot Cake (ACC 2) [150771]
Well-Done Steak (Protein 2) [163567-1] – Filled.

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 64
HP: 1310/1310 (+135)
EN: 143/143

Stats:
Damage: 19 (+6)
Mitigation: 79 (+45 - 45)
Evasion: 2 (+2)
Accuracy: 4 (+2)
BH:65
KEEN:1
HLY:6
FLN:6
LD:4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 2]
Extended Mod Limit R1 [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics
Night Vision

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*3
Missing You (Instant T3 HP Recovery)*2
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery)*5
Mega-Duper... Sauce (Antidote 3)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, Keen 1, Abs. ACC)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

A reluctance simply to use the time in this way, removing the sense of security and softness he chose to convey when in the presence of others. "Just removed the veil, I'm sure you've seen it before. But now the secrets end between us. You know my plans and have read my motives. Although it's still sinking in, I assumed that I can let lose a bit as I am sure you can handle it." Raidou spoke but to the acute of ear would notice a slight twist in his voice. "Firm Anima and to a lesser extent its production is to overdrive the market, the system is balanced around a baseline before these little modifiers that others deem unnecessary. A helpful but limited edge that is unexpected to be used often. As such by making the supply so exorbitant that they seem to be ever abundant it inspires confidence, it makes objectives seem more possible. It brings the system to its knees." Raidou remarked with a slight smile, tossing another of the hypnosis crystals to Freyd. Pulling out a black book and reading through with quick scanning of eyes. "Bialas and its carrier, a horse that yields lightning. Antidote for it. Attempts to knock you from your feet. Parry it. Highly evasive and difficult to pin down."

The red wanderer snaps the book closed. "That crystal. Looks like we've already won." with the tinge of that same sickening grin.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte

Raidou | HP:1685/1685 | EN:146/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant | VENGEFUL

"You've never had to worry about holding back on my account," Freyd replied with disturbingly casual ease, especially given Raidou's recent inferences.  "Let me see what you can really do.  I'd like to explore any potential synergies."

"Your strategy for the guild and its members seems sound, but carries one notable risk: what if the system adapts to the overdrive state and makes it a new default?  Learning engines frequently base their assumptions and targets on trends.  Run the overdrive for too long, and Cardinal might up the bar permanently, putting many at risk."  It was a rhetorical question.  Freyd was really saying it out loud for the sake of letting Raidou hear his normally internal monologue.  No secrets.  Conclusion reached.  "It's a reasonable risk, and well executed to date.  I would have made the same choice."

He brandished his sword, readying the tarnished blade for battle, sparing it a glance.  The blade was as symbolic as it was useful: balanced precariously between light and dark; never gleaming nor wholly at home in the darkness.  Freyd saw himself in that blade and had named it deliberately.  It was his banner, as much as his burden.

"You expect to burn out.  It's a real possibility.  There's change in the wind, these days, and something is coming."  He glanced at his companion.  It was hard to imagine this world without Raidou.  He'd made himself a beacon into a banner, rather than just carrying one.  

Freyd activates Parry (-5 EN)

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:138/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Freyd replaces 'Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5' in Battle-Ready inventory with 'Lullaby 2*1'

Raidou receives an answer that he had hoped he might have picked up on the small little instances that he failed to conceal, for the whisper was more than perceptive to match. "I as well, and I am interested in some insight. I have yet to fully commit to this release so it's still rather raw." He was content with this response from Freyd, something he had not quite forecasted as the topic shifts to the guild "Perhaps, then I suppose hopefully doing so before it can adapt is even more dire. My perceptions are this, currently, they are already at risk, and pressing an advantage when it shows may just be our only chance." Drawing a different sword, the one that hardly saw the light of day. A darkened letter in smooth black, designed for two but monkey gripped in one. He's eyes advance to Freyd who had already beat him to the punch "Change is inevitable, the only hope is when it does you're either the one making it happen. Or you survive what it alters."

In his mind, Freyd pictured the same chess board, but envisioned the potential fall of a lot of pawns.  Those pieces had faces now, and many had names.  Some carried... strong connections.  This line of thinking had gotten more difficult in recent months, but no less clear.  Resolve had never been his problem.  Now, there was simply the possibility of regret.  It could not dissuade him from what might need to be done.  He'd committed to that, long ago.

He had nothing more to add to Raidou's responses.  They were in complete agreement, as usual.

"Why the change in blade?  Trying out something different?"  Freyd gripped Samael's Pride tightly without even being aware of why he did so.  The presence of the line he tread was in clear and apparent focus now.  Usually, he simply walked it without realizing.  Something was charging up inside him that he could not put into words.  He wasn't uneasy or apprehensive.  There was never any fear.  Was it... anticipation?

OOC: Lol its dracbane, but RP'd as his first blade with the same Enhancements

"My faith is placed entirely in you, I found it fitting to offer a change in pace. The black star is a weapon from my past, back when I held beliefs. I found that offering a confirmation to how soon I expect to fall, as a form of reassurance is in order. This weapon..." A cold grey steel of a long drawn blade, simplistic and seemingly plain in its construction. "Is dull, but with it brings a different sort of strength. It will be in your hands to make due on openings as you have always, but with this in mine I will be much more difficult...To put down." Raidou looks down the blade, still chipped in places from conflicts ages ago. "I will not fall lightly, if they want the one thing I own that I can offer but once. They will need to earn it." Raidou offers a smile, dropping the point of the blade down and as he does the weapon begins to 'bleed' his hatred from it in a pool, his origins still emanating in red among the cool grey. To those clever enough, would see it respond to the spirit with one of its own in a glimmered red.

Their journey into the woods didn't take long and occurred in silence.  Freyd and Raidou had done so many quests together in this chain that little remained to be said - not that either of them were the talkative sort to begin with.  It seemed appropriate that the final leg of their trials would occur so close to the guild hall.  Their quarry also wasn't exactly subtle.  Super-staticky flying electric horse?  Yeah.  That'll get you noticed.  Half the guild might turn up, if they engaged too close to the Cathedral of the Forgotten, and that would be a problem on any number of different fronts.

Freyd led them closer to the edge of the forest, near the Lake of Reflections.  It was familiar ground and most suitable terrain for such an encounter.  Their foe didn't disappoint, and was waiting for them in the skies above the shore, descending when it spotted them.  A tense moment followed as all three figures stood gazing upon each other in silence.  The gentle sound of waves lapping against the shore belied the building tension.  Freyd acted first, triggering the crystal Raidou had given him.  By the time Taneuma recovered from the drowsing effect, the Whisper in Shadows had leapt and fallen from the sky driving a deep gash in its sparking flank, denying it any hope of using flight against them.

Freyd uses Lullaby 2 (instant) on Taneuma.

Spoiler

Raidou | HP:1685/1685 | EN:152/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant | VENGEFUL
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:143/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN - (Rested [1/2], Finesse 3) = 9 EN

ID #171868 | BD: 8 + 6 = 14 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (13*31 = 403 - 75 = 328) damage to Taneuma.

Keen triggers.

[1,0] Taneuma | HP: 1,172/1,500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (0)

Grounded: Stuns and Paralysis cannot effect «Taneuma»

Lightning Strike: When a player rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10, «Taneuma» will send out an electric shock, causing paralysis to the player after their attack has landed. The paralysis cannot be negated by Parry.

Conductive: If «Taneuma» rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10 and rolls a 6+ on the CD, «Taneuma» will knock the player with the highest hate into water, then cause a shock to go throughout the water, dealing 300 Unmitigatable damage.

As Freyd shreds against the target, cleaving a section of the beast away in a spray of divine and twisted light, Raidou flows suit with a sudden pulse forward from below. Electricity swells from the wound as Raidou closes in lifting the blade, and slamming the weapon into his target as the arcs play on it. It does not cut but rather catapults the target off to one side. "Retrieve it Juiblex!" Raidou barks with a flare of red, as a blackened cable latches to the targets hind legs and slams it into the floor. It cries out in anguish, having been startled. Twisting the dark blade in his grasp, a faint tether in red is formed between it and himself. "And now the game begins, your move." The red wanderer comments as the blackened liquid begins to pour from his jawline forming a puddle around him from below.

Spoiler

Raidou | HP:1685/1685 | EN:142/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant | VENGEFUL
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:134/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN - (Finesse 3) = 10 EN

ID# 171870 results: Battle: 8+5=13, Hit! Dealing 14*13=182-75=107 DMG

ID# 171871 results: Craft: 8, MOB: 7-6=1, Missed vs. Raidou!

(1,2)Taneuma | HP: 1,065/1,500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (0)

Lightning Strike: When a player rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10, «Taneuma» will send out an electric shock, causing paralysis to the player after their attack has landed. The paralysis cannot be negated by Parry.

Conductive: If «Taneuma» rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10 and rolls a 6+ on the CD, «Taneuma» will knock the player with the highest hate into water, then cause a shock to go throughout the water, dealing 300 Unmitigatable damage.

Edited by Raidou

'So... he does have a combat familiar after all', Freyd thought to himself.  Everyone always assumed that Raidou had a crafting familiar, but no one had ever seen it.  That didn't add up.  If it was for crafting, surely it would have been noticed before now.  Raidou had also given him plenty of clues about whatever he held beneath those robes.  Fascinating!  Juiblex - the Faceless Lord, ridiculed as the Lord of Nothing by his peers.  No introvert like Freyd could be unfamiliar with the name. It was such an appropriate choice, for the man who had everything, in a land of nothing.

"Now, Persi!"

Freyd charged the beast anew, building speed akin to the very flashes of lightning that made up the equine's body, his sword trailing behind him, rising like a shark's fin approaching its prey.  Coiled around the tarnished silver blade was utter darkness with azure eyes, guiding the fin towards its goal.  As the swing came up, Persi's form flared into the starry night's sky that had shone above this very place during the Tanabata festival.  The blade struck true and Persi swarmed across the unleashed sword art - a true galaxy destroyer unleashed.

Spoiler

Raidou | HP:1685/1685 | EN:142/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant | VENGEFUL
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:126/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN - (Rested [2,2] Finesse 3, Turn Recovery [1]) = 8 EN

ID# 171873 results: Battle: 7+5+1-1=12 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (13*33=429-75=354) damage to Taneuma

Keen triggers.

(2,2)Taneuma | HP: 711/1,500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (0)

The ground shakes as an echo from Freyd's blast shreds away a large segment of the creatures bar, Taneuma's anguish continues attempting to gain some leverage when there was none to be had. Persi was playing her part, augmenting Freyd into a whole new realm of pain. Raidou was focused as the blackened fluid begin to claim his heels in blackened ichor. It makes a mistake, the nomad sees its attentions shift albeit slightly. "Not likely, your attentions should be not divided as such. If you wish to attack him..." The cable begins to retract, removing it from the point of contention like a wench. Lightning scatters through the line, burning and smoking the swordsman in red but seeming unfazed completely as the line continues to shrink. "You'll have to get through me!" Raidou lets low in a fury, crimson bleeding off him like dry ice as the red tether between them thickens. The tar like line constricts and you hear an audible crunch, and with it the energy fades.

Spoiler

Raidou | HP:1335/1685 | EN:140/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:126/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Galaxy Destroyer (x13)

ID# 171878 results: Battle: 1 (Lol) -2 EN

ID# 171879 results: Craft: 8, MOB: 9, Minor Critical dealing 276-126=100*.5=50 Conductive activates! Raidou sustains 300 unmitigated damage! Vengeful Activates dealing 276*.5=138-75=63

(3,2)Taneuma | HP: 648/1,500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (0)

Edited by Raidou

Persi continued to fracture and fragment the creature from within, as Raidou's strange, sinuous thread held Taneuma in its grasp.  Despite the obvious signs of injury Raidou held it fast.  Freyd saw both health bars dip, though the vanguard captain's only by the tiniest amount.  A grin spread across his face.  They had it right where they wanted it.

The creature's electrified aura faded as its power and health weakened.  Freyd meant to further advance the process and ran parallel to its strained, shimmering form, ripping a vicious new wound onlong the opposite side to that which he had originally struck.  Taneuma's health dipped into the red.  Despite its power, it was no match for the two of them combined.

Sparing his companion a glance, he nodded to Raidou.  If he intended to fully unleash, now was just about the perfect time.  Their enemy's fate was sealing itself before them.

Spoiler

Raidou | HP:1535/1685 | EN:140/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:117/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery [1]) = 9 EN

ID# 171880 results: Battle: 5+6+1=12 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*25=325-75=250) damage to Taneuma

Keen triggers.

(3,3)Taneuma | HP: 386/1,500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (0)

Parry CD [1/3], Battle Healing Procs (+84)

That tendril that linked them mirrored by a faint red one like a line of fate, his sword had found its culprit. The tapestry of black had assumed most of his bottom half, lifting his left to his face as it began to pour into his mouth. The armor was active and raring to go, taking on an image close to what one would expect from one of the entities that one would seek as a quest objective. A trail of crimson being visible through the sharp exhale, his breath stabilizing. "Is that all you've got!" spoken in outrage as the whisper was offered unopposed aggression.

The sludge thickened around his target, visible tears sundering its flesh becoming notably wider. Those wounds bestowed by Freyd being torn apart as stress points. Kneeling low before a sudden burst leaves a spray of the black that held his feet. A cleave in red seems to cut? but it was only a wedge in an existing wound that causes a trail of red. A deep breath that's dragged low, with distortion as it enters the blackened form the wanderer had assumed. His health begins to return, a taste of the life it had taken was sweet to the tongue. Sickening screams under muffled tongue, the horse waned as its form seemed to start to melt.

Spoiler

Raidou | HP:1419/1685 | EN:141/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:117/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN - (Finesse 3) = 9 EN

ID# 171885 results: Battle: 8+5=13, Hit! dealing 14*13=182-75=107 DMG

ID# 171886 results: Craft: 10, MOB: 2+2-6=-4, Missed vs. Raidou

(5,3)Taneuma | HP: 279/1,500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (0)

Edited by Raidou

Endless, vicious cuts ripped apart the very fabric of the electric entity before them.  It cried in anger and defiance at being laid low so easily by two mere players.  Here it stood, the culmination of a quest chain  - the final boss.  And it was whimpering in neighs of denial as the last of its health faded, its spark dying, its form dwindling until its glory seemed all but spent.  Freyd stepped back, examining the scene and the metamorphosis that seemed to have engulfed his friend.  He'd wanted notes.  

"Do it, Wanderer."

The Whisper looked on, his weapon ever-ready, but watching like a silent sentinel as the unfolding scene hurtled towards its climax.  Freyd couldn't help but drawn parallels as he watch Juiblex emerge, between it and his own Gemini.  More particularly, it reminded him of that twisted thing his twisted shadow had ripped from Mari's soul.  Did Raidou have such vile bile in him as well?  He'd as much as admitted it.  But if this thing consumed his friend.  It was a calculated risk, already taken. 

The only road was forward.

Spoiler

Raidou | HP:1419/1685 | EN:141/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:108/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 9 EN

ID #171887 | BD: 3 + 6 +1 = 10 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*25=325-75=250) damage to Taneuma

Keen triggers.

(5,4)Taneuma | HP: 29/1,500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (0)

Parry CD [2/3], Battle Healing Procs (+84)

Implanting the black star into his target, the swelling ink aimed for its heart. It reciprocates in fear and resistance with a sudden discharge of lightning, simply trying to remove. It was like acid burning away at the shape and form of the creature. "I will take what you have left and hold dear, it no longer belongs to you." A two toned voice hissed from the bipedal frame that mirrored something close to human. A parade of jagged teeth forms upon its maw, white and akin to that of a shark.

A crunch like an apple casts trailing lines of lightning that draw creases in the ground beneath them and it causes the creature on his body to open in a net, revealing a tainted swordsman with a furrowed brow. "Accept absolution, your nothing more than fuel for the fires." the black star whines and draws heavy against its opponent, peeling the life from it as the red wanderer reclaims his vitality through its diminishing life.

One more snap, and a glimmer of blue shimmers through the puddle. A pair of small statues drift aloft within it. A step back and a turn, each step leaves more and more ichor in its wake until it reveals the vanguard captain. He sits and pulls out a pair of glasses with a heavy exhale. It had taken quite a bit of his energy and was still feeding on the kill.

Spoiler

Raidou | HP:1003/1685 | EN:132/152 | DMG:14 | MIT:126 | EVA:6 | ACC:5 | BH:84 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF: 168 | BLD: 24 | Antidote:3/3 | Antioxidant
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1445/1445 | EN:108/143 | DMG:25 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:4 | BH:65 | ToxV 24 | Antidote 3/3 | PARRY

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN - (Finesse 3) = 10 EN

ID# 171888 results: Battle: 7+5=12, Hit! dealing 14*13=182-75=107 DMG

Raidou sustains 500 damage for no damn reason

(7,4)Taneuma | HP: -78/1,500 | DMG: 275 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (0)

Edited by Raidou

Freyd raised a single eyebrow as he glanced at Raidou.  "So... either it's been hungry for a very, very long time, or you've been sneaking snacks from the kitchen."

A sound akin to a raccoon and stray cat fighting over a dumpster caused both of them to turn back towards Raidou's gorging familiar.  Persi's black form, free of starscapes, had emerged from the shattered ruins of Taneuma's body and whapped the Carnage-like demon-thing on the head for daring to nip a little too close.  Freyd simply smirked at the sight.  His pet returned to his side and promptly tucked itself back under this clothing.

"I'm guessing that... Juiblex... wouldn't be particularly popular with the ladies in the guild hall - except maybe Shiina.  I definitely see the potential and utility, but there's a price to be paid, isn't there?"  Freyd knew well the cost of unleashing such darkness.  Raidou would have foreseen the possibility.  "How bad is it?"

Watching in awe at the swelling mass of blackness still bubbling and turning. "Its always hungry, but it wont eat typical foods. Fluids, is what it fancies. I wish I could just offer it a cookie." Raidou remarked with a tinge of a smile. Persi seemed unfazed by the pool of black, which brought quite the amount of bravery to view. That mongoose of his was truly something else. "Juiblex is a means to an end, it takes a toll on me when I use it so openly. It is a hunger, and well It's already almost gotten me stabbed once before." he joked but in honesty. "Its armor, its speed and its...something. It picks up on what I am feeling and magnifies it. Without something to latch onto, I'd become purely lost. Goals and friends help."

The pool shudders and begins to seep toward the player who owned it, Raidou removed a failed potion and tossed it toward the writhing mass. The glass shatters as blackened liquid joins it. "A debt paid for your service." he speaks softly. "That anger you see, isn't on some hope or desire to leave. Its not on some angst against the cardinal, its combating a feeling of helplessness and what this place has taken from me. I will see it returned, or vengeance awarded where it is necessary when it cannot."

"You're quite the onion, aren't you?  So many layers deep."  Freyd's awareness was growing that Raidou's burden had been festering for years.  It must have been a relief to finally express it out loud.  Goals and friends help.  He'd learned the truth of it himself.  The next question would prove the greatest test to date.  Would he answer it?  There was only one way to know.

"What was it that this place took, that you believe can be restored? A thing?  A person?"  Freyd watched Raidou's face carefully.  This seemed to be the moment of truth - the core of said onion.  What was hidden beneath all those layers that had driven him to such lengths?  His sword vanished as the desiccated dregs of Taneuma's body burst into scintillating spark-like shards and rejoined the stars above, from whence they had come.  Pulling the cowl back from his face, he felt it only right not to conceal himself as he asked such personal questions.  But Raidou seemed both willing and needing to speak.  

A moment of clarity at the sentiment offered by the whisper. "A ripe comparison indeed, turns out all these carefully constructed walls have a way of keeping things out." Raidou would peer through the lenses toward Juiblex as it jumped into his pant leg and began to evaporate. "I told you before the people I chose over the life I had been living. Kiluia, Haine, Eruda. Through tooth and nail I have just recently pulled them from caverns and holes this place had stored them in. But their remains a list that still need a face, that have yet to join that monument."

Raidou begin to recall those that were absent, that needed to return for his sake. "Nikki Styx of the Ebon Vanguard, a woman with blue hair in ebony plate. She taught me how to defend them and I owe her a great deal. That woman has done me a service greater than I can ever repay, I would not be the swordsman I am without her intervention. She does not deserve to die in this place."

Another recollection of one in similar shaded hair albeit younger. "Then there is Ruri, Haine's younger sister. Brash and untamed something close to Shiina, she made a mistake and is marked forever as a player killer. It's the very reason why others do not bother me. The girl is wild and reckless, sweet like sugar and is always looking at the bright side of things. I see a lot of her in Setsuna."

He'd fiddle with his lenses and swallow hard, keeping his composure. "But rest assured, that these although are the reason my strides are so large. If I see one damned name on that wall, one more name of someone I care about appear there. There will be a reckoning. I don't give a damn who it is: Shield, Hidden, Mari, NIGHT, Ariel, Yuki, Claim, Valentine, Vie or Simmone. Anyone of those you saw fighting with us against the spire. If the cardinal wants to put a name on that wall, it will be mine first. Else I hope that when the time comes and I begin tearing down the ceiling, that your helping me pull." Raidou paused for but a moment, the ideal falling away and for a moment humanity set in just a trickle. "You know Freyd, I rather enjoy reading books."

Freyd's eyes narrowed at the mention of Ruri.  He'd recently shared a meal with Hain. It was just the two of them sharing stories while cooking, but she'd mentioned that her family situation was complicated and that others were missing in the game.  Their names weren't on the Monument of Life.  He'd checked.  And here was Raidou, mentioning Ruri a second time.

"You cared... care... for Ruri, don't you?"  The words were spoken barely above the threshold of hearing, out of concern at Raidou's sudden fragility.  Freyd finally realized, in that moment,  how similar and opposite they truly were.   Raidou's heart was overwhelmingly large.  It wanted to embrace and protect everyone.  He'd built everything - the guild, its allies, its members, the crafting monstrosity that came with both, even himself - as a buttress to direct all that... feeling... towards a single purpose.  Freyd, meanwhile, had done the inverse, and created impenetrable walls and machinations around him to protect the world from himself.  A rare few had managed to start the process to tear down those wall and let the child within dare to yearn for something more than isolation and solitude.  It had been enough to let him empathize with Raidou's plight, and he was thankful for that.

"You know I'll be there when the moment arrives, but what happened to Ruri?  And what's this about books?"  His memories brought up the small black notebook that Raidou in which the man was always scribbling, but the inference seemed to be intended to lead elsewhere.

Thread Summary:

Raidou and Freyd both receive:

6 SP (1 page, +1 event, +4 quest)

6,200 Col

Bialas Statue [Uncommon Item] Grants +1 Taunt fo a thread

*Quest chain complete.  All players can now use statues.