[F05-PP] <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Valentine was having a great time relaxing on floor 5. The dry air and scorching sun reminded him of his homelands. While his family on billions of dollars and houses all over the globe. You could never forget the main family home you grew up in. Val had arrived earlier than usual because he was excited. He had went to the library and heard tell of an interesting creature on the 5th floor. This place was the closest that reminded him of home.

As he waited he thought about Grimm and his relationship. The two were considered close but how close could they be. Val thought about the fact that he wanted to be closer to Grimm. It was just that Val had some other things he had just gotten over. He wondered if he should try and talk to Grimm about it or just let it go. Val was moving on from his past but it was his past.

Spoiler

Name: Valentine

• Level: 13
  • HP: 260/260
  • EN: 26/26

Stats:

• Damage: 9
  • ACC:3
  • EVV:2
  • MIT:5

Equipped Gear:

• Weapon: <<Dastardly Poker>> ( +3 DMG/2HAS)
  • Armor: <<Cloudskin>> ( +2 EV, +1 Regen/Light Armor)
  • Trinket: <Linkshell>> ( +3 LD/Earring)

Items on hand:

• Pheromones- When used during the <<Feeding your Enemy>> quest, gain +1 CD when attempting to tame a familiar. Effect lasts for one thread. (148625)
  • Snack- Roasted Peanuts ,+3 LD(164274)

Skills:

• 2 Handed Assault Spear [Rank 3]
  • Light Armor [Rank 1]

Valentine | HP:260/260 | EN: 26/26 | DMG:9 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Edited by Valentine

Ozwald was excited to meet with Val on the fifth floor, Just the other day they had went on what was one of the most wonderful dates he had ever been on. Ozwald smiled at the memory, he hadn't quite left for the fifth floor yet, but he had done his research. Ozwald knew that the fifth floor was a hot barren landscape, so he decided to just put on his lightweight armor. 

Ozwald called out the name for the fifth floor's main settlement, being engulfed by the blue light and finding himself placed in the new settlement. Ozwald looked around, and saw Val relaxing comfortably nearby. The dry hot air wasn't something that Ozwald was used to, he was more used to the cold wet that was common in Bristol, but anything was fun with Valentine. Ozwald smiled walking up to the larger more intimidating man. "So I guess this counts as date number two" Ozwald said sitting next to Val. Ryoto sat nearby next to them, like a guard dog ready to defend them.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

Val could only hope Grimm did not see him stuffing his face with the roasted peanuts. It would have been embarrassing to look like an overly large squirrel at his height. It took him a second to not choke before he could respond. "Yeah. This could count as our second date. Even if you came to help me this time. Not that I mind. This floor is actually pretty special to me in a way. The dry air and endless sands reminds me of my families main home. I guess it could also be the tourism that keeps the floor alive. Even if most of my family was placed in Luxor it was not a place I lived in often. This place does not feel great to be in."

Standing up Valentine gave Grimm a light pull, before lowering his head down to whisper in his ear. "It feels a lot better with you around." Val wrapped his arms around Grimm as if to embrace him. He stopped as he would never embrace the man without his permission.

Spoiler

Snack- Roasted Peanuts ,+3 LD has been consumed.

Ozwald smiled, it was sweet that he was waiting for permission. Ozwald wrapped his arms around Val's torso burying his head into Val's chest. "I am glad that you think that" Ozwald said, his words almost completely muffled by the white haired man's shirt. Pulling back from the embrace, which in this weather was much too warm, Ozwald asked "So you came to the fifth floor for a specific pet right? Can I know, or would you rather it be a surprise?"

Ozwald was really happy to be around Val, but he didn't quite know what to call him right now. They had when on a few dates, and had flirted a lot, but they had never actually talked about anything. Ozwald looked at Val again, with how amazing he was he could have anyone, so why him? Ozwald was caught completely in his revelry while he was staring at Val. Ozwald wouldn't be able to take his eyes away anyways.

"If you are looking at me like this. It makes me want to kiss you." Valentine gave a shit eating grin to the lovely man. How could someone be such a precious bean and a warrior. "To answer your question it was rumored that djinn type beasts could be found on this floor. They are known to be able to grant desires to an extent. The price as compensation is usually terrible. An exception being if you have a djinn beast as a pet. It would only grant one desire when it feels like it. They are an all around type pet capable of a lot. The issue is how hard they are to find. I hope you are ready for a beach day without the water."

Valentine was often a different person when Grimm was around. He was more outgoing in expressive. It was like a part of himself felt no reason to hide. "The sooner the old lady gets here to give the quest. We can go on an actual date. I tend to keep busy so it would be fun to just relax."

Ozwald smiled "If you want to kiss me than why not just do it?" Ozwald teased, Val may be big and strong, but he was sweet and caring, Ozwald really liked that about him. Leaning forward Ozwald decided to be the bold one, giving him a small peck on the cheek, before turning around to face away from Val. "Hmmm a Djinn beast? I don't really know much about them." Ozwald talked still facing away from Val, his face was too bright red in order to look at him right now, but it was obvious to tell he was embarrassed because his british accent had come back with a fury. "If this Djinn could grant you your one wish what would it be?" Ozwald wanted to know more about Valentine, and that question would help him to understand who Valentine was better. Ozwald still couldn't turn around, so he stared at the horizon, the landscape was beautiful, almost as much as the man near him.

Valentine was feeling a myriad of emotions that painted his face various colors. He did not expect Grimm to be capable of such boldness. Val was having heart palpitations that would have decreased his hp in the real world. While Val was capable of being courageous he did not know how to act.

His voice held a semblance of a tremor "I would wish to be able to leave the game. Since that wish is most likely impossible. I would wish for the power to beat the game and protect the people I care about. I have already lost enough while playing SAO and I refuse to loose more." Val wanted to give Grimm a hug, till he thought maybe the man was as embarrassed as he was.

"I see you two lovebirds are as close as ever!" Val turned to see the smiling old gypsy woman. In all honesty it slipped his mind that he did not know where she was. Maybe it was luck or pre-planning that she came to them.

Ozwald nodded at Val's answer, it made a lot of sense everyone who was trapped here in Aincrad wanted to get out as their main objective. Ozwald thought about what he would wish for, he could wish to get out sure, but honestly Ozwald was scared to leave this world, 2 years had already passed, and how much had changed in that amount of time? "I don't know what I would wish for." Ozwald said looking back towards, Val embarrassed "Maybe just you." Ozwald looked at the floor, it was a bad pickup line, but he liked it. 

Ozwald was snapped out of his thoughts by the gypsy's words, he wasn't expecting them at all and it startled him. Ozwald didn't say anything, because he knew that she wasn't here for him, he had already gotten his familiar, Ryoto, who was currently laying On Ozwald's shoulders, like a feathery scarf.

The Old Gypsy woman just looked at them without speaking for a second. "If you like I could come back later?" She seemed to have been teasing the duo. 

"I do not mind an audience." Val was his unwavering self. He stuck to his gut and instinct. If Grimm was into him, as much as Val was into Grimm, everything should work out.

"Well. As I have previously stated this is some familiar food. Use it to tame a creature of your choosing." Val accepted the food and the quest that prompted. He wanted to go for a fun walk and follow the clues in the El Perdido section.

Val would grab Grimm's hand. "If you wish for me than your wish has been granted." He held Grimms hand up against his face as he tried pulling him along.  "We should really get to know each other a lot better as well."

Ozwald nodded, letting Val pull him away he completely agreed that they needed to get to know one another better. "I completely agree" Ozwald stated "Why don't you tell me more about yourself?" Ozwald asked squeezing Val's hand a little tighter. Ozwald truly didn't know a whole lot about Val, he knew he was Handsome, headstrong, and sweet, but that was about it. Ozwald didn't want to ask any questions that would seem too personal, so he left it completely up to Valentine what he would tell him. 

Ozwald waited eagerly, listening to anything and everything that Val could say. Val was not just handsome, his voice was also angelic to Ozwald. everything that Val did left Ozwald feeling like he was on cloud nine, so being able to be around him and hear his voice was like heaven. Ozwald took Val's arm and wrapped it around his shoulder, getting himself closer to Val.

• 2 weeks later...

"I am honestly not sure about what you wish to know. I am a pretty open book and believed I told you most of the things you need to know about me. I feel like if there is anything you need to know about me it is just better to outright ask." Val was talking as he walked. It was unfortunate he was not paying total attention. His foot stuck into a bit of sand as he felt a pull. No time to react had Val pulled under a bed a sand. He could not see if Grimm was pulled along. All he saw was momentary blackness.

When Val Came to it looked like he was in an underground city. The sun filtered through the thin layer of sand at the top. It was as if he was underwater with the top being the surface. All around was broken buildings decayed from the passage of time. It was as if the place was abandoned for a long time.

Ozwald heard what Val had said, I mean he was an open book, but he wanted to know the more personal things about him, his favorite color, favorite food all of the things you would ask on a normal first date, one where you weren't fight wasps instead of going to a movie. 

Ozwald felt a large tug around his neck almost as if Valentine was pulling him towards the floor. Ozwald looked down, and noticed that below the pair was a sinkhole that Valentine was already almost completely through. Before he knew anything more Ozwald fell all the way to the bottom of the sinkhole falling through the air for what seemed like 30 feet before hitting landing on what seemed like solid stone. Ozwald's first thought after coming out of his daze was Val, crawling his way over to the laying man. "Val? Val? are you okay?" Ozwald asked worriedly crouching by his side.

Hearing Grimms voice was heavenly music to his ears. The place was not scary but it would be terrible to be stuck alone. "I am okay. Are you okay?" Val stood up and started dusting the sand of his body. It was sad that he never brought escape crystals when he went out. All he could do was look around. "We should stick together as we find a way out. I think if you look over there." Val pointed to a trail of vines that led to the top of the hole. "I think we could use those vines to climb out."

Val looked around and caught sight of a symbol, that filled him with a large amount of excitement. The symbol was one that he was rumored to have been seen by a player before. They must have fell into a djinn beast settlement. They were elusive creatures that had a smoke like form and a beast form. A white smoke djinn was said to be more support, a black smoke djinn was said to be more offensive. Val wanted a black smoke djinn to provide an augmentation to his firepower. Val looked to see if there were any smoke signs.

Ozwald was relieved beyond belief that Valentine was okay, hugging on to him closer Ozwald said "Yeah I am fine, nothing that won't heal soon." Ozwald could barely see, but from what he could tell the two fell into an underground cavern of sorts. It was full of the rubble of long distant ruins ones that had crumbled seemingly millenia ago, but Ozwald knew that was just the way they looked, and that they were designed by the mad man Kaiyaba to look like that. 

Ozwald heard Val talk about sticking together to find a way out and he completely agreed, plus any time in this mans arms was time he was more than willing to give him. Ozwald nodded, noticing that Val was seemingly distracted by something he saw. "What do you see?" he very simply asked. Looking around for what could have caught the beautiful man's attention, but having no such luck.

Spoiler
176434 1 11 8 9 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Looking for Familiar 2020-10-31 07:37:36

LD: 8 + 6 = 14 (Using multipurpose) + 1 = 15 (Success)

"The most beautiful man in Aincrad" Valentine responded without skipping a beat. Flirting with Grimm was becoming a great pass time. "I do see the symbol there. It is a symbol for a djinn beast. It looks like the one that was described in some texts. That or it is random graffiti. We can find out as we start to get out of here."

Val reached his hand out to hold Grimm's. He was trying to tug his new found partner towards the hanging vibes while keeping an eye out. A small mist to his right caught his attention. When he glanced at it earlier Val could have sworn he saw a pair of eyes looking at him. He stopped to stare harder. When he was sure the mist was more than it seemed, Val stepped closer towards it. The mist looked like it condensed till an albino cobra was looking at him. It was a white djinn beast. Not what he wanted, but Val was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Val reached into his bag and took out the pheromones. He sprayed it on himself in anticipation. "You see the cobra there. I am going to try and tame it."

Edited by Valentine

Ozwald couldn't help but smile at Valentine's flirting, it made him feel very special and he liked that feeling. He was very glad at how dark it was there because his face would have been more red than a tomato in the light. "If I am the most beautiful man in Aincrad, than you must be the most beautiful man in the world." Ozwald had gotten onto his tip toes to whisper in Val's ear while wrapping his arms around the taller man's waist.

Ozwald let Val pull him towards the vines that were hanging from the ceiling before the man abruptly stopped. Looking where Val was looking Ozwald managed to catch a glimpse of white mist coalescing into a ethereal white cobra. Ozwald heard the lovely man say that he was going to try and tame it before spraying himself with pheromones that might attract the creature. Ozwald stepped back to do his thing  "I believe in you, Babber." Ozwald figured the white haired man wouldn't understand what that meant, but it was a common term of endearment from where he was from.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

Valentine approached the mist cobra carefully, he had the familiar food in his hand. The creature gave him a stare down as red eyes looked into the very depths of his soul. Val felt as if he was walking naked under the depth of the moon. For an animal the cobra had eyes filled with a deep wisdom. As if it knew what was going on the albino mist cobra disappeared. The mist that was there cleared up like it was some sort of illusion.

"I guess animals like me a lot less than you. Then again I cannot find anything not to like." Val widened his eyes as he took on  a playful tone. "Unless. Don't tell me you do dark stuff like eat children! Or even worse lure unsuspecting men to their doom by making their hearts pound to death." Val was under the sneaking suspicion he sounded terribly corny. It was not entirely his fault as they say new feelings could cause stupidity.

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
176607 7 1 14 3 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Searching for familiar 2020-11-02 17:56:58

1 = Fail (Unsuccessful taming)

Edited by Valentine

Ozwald smiled deeply and warmly taking a step toward Val closing in on him until they were but an inch apart. "And if that was my plan? Would it be so bad?" Ozwald asked staring into the taller man's eyes. Bringing his arms up Ozwald wrapped his arms around Val's neck laying his head on his chest "Mmmm, I wish there were music." Ozwald sighed maybe a dark cave underneath a barren wasteland of sand and rock was not the best place to get romantic, but that wasn't what mattered to Ozwald right now. What mattered to him was how badly he wanted to look this man in the eyes and say things that might be too soon. Ozwald had not known the man for more than a week, but that week had been more than amazing. It was almost as if this game was no longer a complete prison, almost as if this was a place that could be a home, a place where one could live. After they beat this game what would happen? Never see Val again? that was almost as bad as this hell hole in the first place. Ozwald let those thoughts drift away just listening to Val's heartbeat.

Val pondered the enquiry for a second. Before he had a chance to answer Grimm was wrapping his arms around him. His naturally smooth façade was destroyed, a hint of pink rushed into his caramel features, while the beating of his heart picked up like a dubstep song. Grimm was the only person in Aincrad and probably the world that could illicit a reaction like this out of him. He felt a lot less lonely.

The albino cobra caught his eye. It was as if it was telling them to follow. Val threw some familiar food at it with one hand. He used his other hand to wrap it around Grimm's waist. "What kind of song would you like to hear? Do not laugh but I have been training as a performer. I can honestly say I am pretty good at it. At my studio I can make a variety of music. While here you will have to settle for the vocals." Val was not making empty words. He gain the recognition of Apollo a feat that not any performer can accomplish.

Val lifted up Grimm in a bridal carry. It was easier for him to move and follow the snake with his mate in his arms. He also enjoyed the sensation of the man in his arms.

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
176616 5 5 18 5 Valentine Msg_hover2.png searching for familiar 2020-11-02 19:25:03

5 + 1 = 6 (2nd Familiar taming try a fail)

Edited by Valentine

Ozwald smiled again, it seemed like he never stopped doing that around Valentine. He hadn't been carried like this in who knows how many years, it felt nice. Ozwald buried his head into his partners chest listening to the musical beat that was there. Not having to walk on his own was very nice and having someone strong to carry him along the path that the ethereal cobra was leading them on was an amazing feeling to him. "Why don't you sing something romantic?" Ozwald requested glad for the warmth that was being provided to him, you would expect the cave to be as hot as the ground above them, but it was honestly rather cold here under the earth and sand of the fifth floor. Ozwald let his mind wander again to how little he had known of this world a few weeks ago, now here he was, in the arms of a kind man, things could change in the blink of an eye. and he was glad that they did.