[F06-SP] <<Calming the Soul>> Yuri's Grace

Valentine felt his heart moving at a million beats per minute. He was nervous as he planned on doing this mission for a while. The waterfall he approached was majestic and had an air of imperial might to it. As Val approached it was like he felt the presence of danger. He grabbed the bottle of yuri's grace that was left for him and chugged it. Followed by coating a damage potion on his spear. He was unsure if it would help his coming trial. It just gave him a peace of mind.

Fully clothed and armed Val entered the waterfall. Closing his eyes he allowed his mind to wander and found himself in the real world. He believed it to be with the presence of the office that he visited in. It was a large room that had four doors, each door was side by side in four shades of blue. Val entered the lightest shade closest to him.

Spoiler

Name: Valentine

• Level: 17
  • HP: 340/340
  • EN: 34/34

Stats:

• Damage: 10
  • ACC:3
  • EVV:2
  • MIT:5

Equipped Gear:

• Weapon: <<Dastardly Poker>> ( +3 DMG/2HAS)
  • Armor: <<Cloudskin>> ( +2 EV, +1 Regen/Light Armor)
  • Trinket: <Eye of Horus>> ( +3 ACC/Pin)

Items on hand:

• Damage Potion +3 (ID:164223-1)
  • Debuff Crystal- Hypnosis (II), Lullaby (I) (ID:172666)
  • Yuri's Grace

Skills:

• 2 Handed Assault Spear [Rank 4]
  • Light Armor [Rank 1]

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 34/34 | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Edited by Valentine
  • 2 weeks later...

Val found himself in the spa rooms of his families winter home European home in Romania. It was a lovely place that had mud baths, private steam rooms, and all the other amenities that people would find in a spa instead of an actual room. The only thing Val could not find was the spa masseuse/relaxation expert that got paid to stay in the room like a gnome.

He looked around to see his mom looking at him lovingly from inside a mud bath. He did not think much of it till the thought struck. This was not the real world and his mom should not be here. He looked back to see his mom like apparition getting out of the mud bath with a wicked smile. "My dear son. Why must you frown like your father? Would it kill you to smile more?" It was all the warning he got as the cursor turned red and the inner demon was revealed, lunging at him with long nails stained red. Val found his spear in his hand, he batted the demon to the side while turning his feet. He brought the spear around to attack. He was not 100% accurate with his sword art choice and used the wrong move.

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
176513 8 10 17 2 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Hellish Twice>> vs Inner Demon of Expression Attack 2020-11-01 18:44:44

BD: 8 (Success) DMGE = 10 * 4 = 40 - 3 = 37

MD:2 (Miss)

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 28/34 (-6) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Expression | HP:48/85 (-37) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 3 |

Edited by Valentine

The inner demon revealed to be called the inner demon of expression. As Val thought about it he believed it made sense. His mom was heavily into the arts and theater. When she wanted Val to explore the realm of acting she called him stiff. It was not entirely his fault he was unable to express himself. Whenever he did not do a project correctly she would come in and take over. Val never felt the necessity to express himself when his progenitor would do it for him. The inner demon in the shape of his mom started to cry. Val had to consider was it cold hearted of him not to be saddened by the tears he was seeing?

The demon launched itself at Val while he retaliated with a <<fatal thrust>. His attack was enough to divert the power behind the demons attack. "Why must you hurt me? Have you ever truly cared about anyone?" The words from the demon actually hurt his heart. Val could admit he was weird but he worried if his inability to express himself was a detriment.

Spoiler

176514 6 9 4 4 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Fatal Thrust>> vs Inner Demon of Expression Attack 2020-11-01 19:48:47

BD: 6 (Success) DMGE = 10 * 3 = 30 - 3 = 27

MD:2 (Miss)

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 26/34 (+1 EN, -3 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Expression | HP:21/85  (-27)| DMG: 25 | MIT: 3 |

Edited by Valentine

The voice of the demon pierced his heart. If emotional wounds was capable of injury Val would have felt pain. It was then that an epiphany hit him. If this place was the inner part of himself and the demon represented a demon. That mean that he was secretly scared of showing his emotions. This demon shaped like his mom was expressing exactly that.

Valentine released a <<fatal thrust>> while shouting at the inner demon of expression. "I think your dress is amazing. Yes I loved the Lion King Musical and Wicked! I just never thought you really needed to understand how much I like it." I river of emotions appeared on his face as he spoke. The demon temporarily slowed as the thrust connected. A faint smile that made the demon look exactly like his mom appeared when its health bottomed out.

"Dylan was that so hard?" The demon shattered and Val found himself back out in the main hall looking at the other doors.

Spoiler

176622 10 2 11 8 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Fatal Thrust>> vs Inner Demon of Expression 2020-11-02 20:35:49

BD: 10 (Crit success +2 Base) = 12 * 3 = 36 - 3 = 33

MD: It is dead. It no longer matters.

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 24/34 (+1 EN, -3 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Expression | HP:0/85  (-33)| DMG: 25 | MIT: 3 | (Defeated)

Edited by Valentine

The door this time lead to a larger office space. Val looked out the window and his faced darkened. This specific office was a place he visited often whenever he wanted to see his dad. He used to want to see his dad all the time, but the dreams of children could never last with the harshness of reality. He could not measure up and constantly felt like he let his old man down.

"Here is my disappointment. My faggot of a son. You really know how to let your old man down." A vein practically burst in Val's head. The demon was labeled <<Inner Demon of letting people down>> while he figured the demon made sense, it was a shame they chose someone he no longer cared about. Using the f slur was a big no no. Being trapped in SAO had him grow up fast. The inner demon bomb rushed at him to be met with a vent forth. It did not stand a chance as the health reached zero.

Spoiler

176677 5 10 11 3 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Vent Forth>> VS Inner Demon 2 2020-11-03 07:53:22

BD: 5 + 3 = 8 (Success) (I previously forgot I coated the weapon in damage potion base damage from here on out is boosted to 13)= 13 * 10 = 130 - 3 = 127 DMGE

MD: Already dead.

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 14/34 (+1 EN, -11 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Letting People Down | HP:0/112 | DMG: 33 | MIT: 3 |

Edited by Valentine

Val gave the inner demon that was shattering a cold look before it disappeared. Val was unsure if his soul would count as being completely cleansed of this demon. He beat it due to the fact that he no longer needed his dads approval. If his dad was in front of him he would own up to being gay with pride. Even if he went down to only a few billion dollars that he made from his side gigs. In the game he only had one person he did not want to let down. Val could only wonder why the inner demon did not take that form.

A blur was seen in his field of vision as he was moved back to the main hall. From what he could see he had two more doors to enter. A rest was required as his energy levels from the previous bouts left him a tad depleted.

[Out of battle 1]

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 15/34 (+1 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Val wondered over the last two battles he was in. He faced his mom and dad. They could be considered two of the more important people in his life. They both had a bit of a negative connotation in his heart apparently. They were things that Val could only considered minor. It made sense that they were the lesser inner demons he had. Val could not help but to shiver as he looked at the last door down the hall. He could only think of one person that could be in that door. His ex- lover sage was the main person that left a hole in his heart.

Being aware of your inner demon does not mean you could beat them. Val did not want to enter the last door later. Val did not want to see Sage blaming him for his death. Val was already aware of the fact that he was. Heavens forbid watching Sage die a second time, this time by his Val's own spear.

[Out of battle 2]

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 16/34 (+1 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Edited by Valentine

Val was feeling better as he felt his energy levels start to recover. The last couple of battle was lucky that by taking the initiative he was able to stop himself from taking damage. It saved him the time needed to recover his HP. Energy had an easier time to recover without items unlike HP, well he did hear of the battle healing skill that made up for it. Val was just unfortunate enough to not have such a skill. He just found it easier to try avoiding all the attacks at the moment. He did not know if he could keep it up forever.

He stood up and brushed the dust of his armor. He reached for the doorknob took a deep breath and walked into the third door. The only thing that his eyes was met with was darkness. Val could not figure out what kind of inner demon would be here.

[Out of battle 3]

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 34/34 (+18 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

A whooshing sound of air could be heard. It was out of pure reflex that Val ducked to dodge. He may not have been able to see but his ability to fight was not impaired. Wherever he was currently located was not dark in a way as well. He could feel the presence of his opponent which was something that was not normal. He could even tell he was located in a cave. Val was just having a hard time finding out what cave had to do with an inner demon.

Val returned the fight of his attacker with a revolving arts. His body was practically a spinning top as it connected. "Really babe. That hurt a lot." The damage was done but his blood turned cold in fear. It was the voice of Sage. Memories flooded into his mind as his brain connected the dots. This was the place where he died.

Spoiler

176692 4 6 15 6 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Revolving Arts>> Vs Inner Demon 3 2020-11-03 19:38:42

BD: 4 + 3 = 7 (Hit) = 12 * 5 = 60 - 5 = 55 DMG

MD: 6 - 2 = 4 (Miss)

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 29/34 (- 5 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Loss | HP:115/170 (-55) | DMG: 50 | MIT: 5 |

Edited by Valentine

Val remembered fighting a terrible beast inside a cave like this one. It was the poison from the beast that robbed Sage of his life. Val understood it was not Sage in front of him but a mimic. It did not make the pain hurt any less. The pain from the loss or the pain from the guillotine kick that hit him. Sage was a martial artist in the game and this one was no stranger to the battle style.

At the moment Val was unable to attack. He did not want to his heart was weighed down by the guilt to give him the strength to lift his spear. At the moment his spear was like a heavy block of lead to him. "I know you told me to live on. It is just so hard. I am so sorry. I am not strong enough to finish the game by myself. What would happen if I came to love someone else, could you even forgive me? I have so much I want to say to you."

Spoiler

176693 7 5 14 8 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Inner Demon 3 attacks Val 2020-11-03 19:54:54

MD: 8 - 2 = 6 (Success) = 50 - 5 = 45 DMG

Valentine | HP:295/340 (-45) | EN: 30/34 (+1 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Loss | HP:115/170 | DMG: 50 | MIT: 5 |

Edited by Valentine

"You had a chance to say all you wanted. It is your fault I am dead. Now you are going to die here with me. You thought you could replace me with another man. You tried so hard yet you will lose him just like you lost me."  Val could only sit in silence while the demon taunted him. The demon took too much delight in causing him mental pain.

Val had a flash of memory, as a body guard Sage used to talk about how dangerous the job was. While Sage was his lover he was hired to protect him. Death according to what Sage was taught could happen at anytime. The question of should Val move on in case he died did come up. At the time Sage told him to live on and love on. A simple moment seemed like so long ago compared to the demon that was whispering evil into his heart.

The inner demon came in for the kill. Val activated <<vent forth>>, he managed to kill it in one swoop. The words from his memory became is strength to move on. The inner demon was revealed to be called the inner demon of loss as the health hit zero. It was all he saw as he closed his eyes to cry.

Spoiler

176695 9 2 7 9 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Vent Forth>> Vs Inner Demon 3 2020-11-03 20:42:08

BD: 9 (crit hit +1 base) = 14 * 10 = 140 - 5 = 135 DMG

MD: It is dead

Valentine | HP:300/340 (+5) | EN: 20/34 (+1, -11 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Loss | HP:0/170 | DMG: 50 | MIT: 5 |

Edited by Valentine

"I loved you so much. Your luminescent soul shone in a world that was not worthy of its radiance. I miss you more than I thought possible. If I could not recall our talk in the past I would still have that dark taint in my heart. Thank You." Val was speaking audibly with tears on his face, his palms pressed into his eyes. He could have been talking to himself yet he felt that Sage could feel his heart.

Val took his hands from his face. His eyes were noticeably red and a bit puffy if one could see him. He avoided crying in front of people and he never cried since Sage passed. The lesson of expression and the healing of loss was taking place at once. His fears were not decreasing from this trial. Val could just feel a different change within him, that was gradually shaping the world around him.

[Out of combat 1]

Valentine | HP:315/340 (+15) | EN: 21/34 (+1 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1|

Edited by Valentine

Val found himself back in the hallway. He was feeling better but so very shaken. He never expected the second to last door to have what he considered his worse inner demon. If that was second to last he could only shiver in trepidation as to what the last door could possibly hold. He needed to take a moment of rest. His last inner demon would be the hardest to beat and he had no clue as to what would be in store for him.

Val stood up in front of the door and said a word to himself. "From this point on all your words will be taken to heart Sage. I can only just live." He was ready to go but too scared to take the next step forward. It was almost as if the damage he took from the last trial still lingered around him. The human heart was impossible to control. A lesson Val was understanding all to well.

[Out of combat 2]

Valentine | HP:330/340 (+15) | EN: 22/34 (+1 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Edited by Valentine

A song played in Val's head. The lyrics energized his soul and released the despair he was feeling. Val felt confident as he walked through the threshold of the last door. He found himself in a wide expanse of sand, a large pyramid could be seen in the distance. Val was reminded of his time in Giza. The pyramid was large and Val would have thought it was the actual pyramids if not for the fact that there was only one.

After shuffling in the sand towards the pyramid for what felt like thirty minutes. He made his way inside from a door he spotted. He had the feeling the place was not trapped as he made his way through various halls inside the building. The throne room was in the heart of the pyramid it was lit with torches placed on the walls. There was a person sitting on the throne waiting for him.

[Out of combat 3]

Valentine | HP:340/340 (+10) | EN: 34/34 (+12 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Edited by Valentine

The ornate throne was beautiful. It was not out of place in the room. The oddity was the fact that another Valentine was present. "I see you have finally been able to make it." The monster was revealed to be called <<Inner Demon of Future Aspirations>> . "We can talk first, get right into battle, or talk while fighting. It makes no difference to me."

Valentine ran forward to test the waters. He gave the inner demon a heft as his spear changed from pointing down at it to swinging upwards. The inner demon took little damage as it made a return strike towards Val. Valentine stepped back to get out of the range of the demon. "I prefer to talk and fight. I have things to do. I just think it rude if I did not speak."

"That is perfectly alright. Now on to the topic of conversation why do you think I am here?"

Spoiler

176725 7 12 10 7 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Heft>> vs Inner Demon 4 2020-11-04 14:47:28

BD: 7 + 3= 10 (Success) = 13 * 2 = 26 -7 = 19 DMG

MD: 7 - 2 = 5 (Miss)

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 32/34 (-2 EN) | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Future Aspirations | HP:236/255 (-19)| DMG: 75 | MIT: 7 |

Edited by Valentine

"Is this a trick question? You are clearly here to torture me. What else would something that a demon could be used for. Most places do not give you a positive connotation." Valentine was talking and his spear never stopped. He knocked the inner demons weapon aside. He turned his body at an odd angle to poll vault of the ground. He came down kicking the inner demon back before stabbing again when his foot touched the ground.

"Close but us demons are a reflection of your psyche. Each increase giving us power. That is why I am capable of having a conversation with you to an extent. Like the others I know what you fear. You believe it was the loss of Sage that scared you most but you have yet to even realize as to why you fear me. I suggest you take a good look at the walls around you." 

Spoiler

176731 3 11 1 4 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Dancing Spear>> vs Inner Demon 4 2020-11-04 16:06:58

BD: 3 + 3 = 6 (Success) = 13 * 6 = 78 - 7 = 71 DMG

MD: 4 - 2 = 2 (Miss)

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 26/34 (+1 EN, -6 EN)  | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Future Aspirations | HP:156/255 (-71)| DMG: 75 | MIT: 7 |

Edited by Valentine

Val gave the room a better look around. This time he let his guard down as he was shocked by what he saw. The pyramid walls were painted with pictures that were so vivid. He could see Grimm dumping him, his guildmates and comrades dying. An image even showed him all alone on a dark bridging getting ready to jump. The look of sadness painted onto that still betrayed an inner depth of loneliness that sapped the world of color. It was a depressing and heart wrenching sight. Each image he saw was just another pang into his heart.

While Val was sinking into darkness the demon slashed at his throat with precise intent. If it was anywhere else outside of the game the slice would have obliterated the vestiges of life in his body. Valentine still had a fair amount of health drain from him. In his anger Valentine retaliated with a <<Mighty Charge>> he was not calm enough to activate another spear art.

176808 9 9 12 10 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Mighty Charge>> vs Inner Demon 4 2020-11-04 20:41:10

BD: 9 (crit success +1 base) = 14 * 4 = 56 - 7 = 49

MD: 10 (crit success +2 damage) = 77 - 5 = 72

Valentine | HP:291/340 (-72) | EN: 23/34 (+1 EN, -4 EN)  | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Future Aspirations | HP:107/255 (-49)| DMG: 75 | MIT: 7 |

Edited by Valentine

"You want to know the funny part of all this. All of this is your fault they are consequences of actions that you take. You are leading yourself to ruin instead of being like me. It is a disappointment really that you could just be so irresponsible of it all." The abstract terror that infuriated his soul. It was only in that moment of hearing the demon talk that he understood it. He was always careful to think about his actions as he feared the consequences. Unless, someone he cared about was in trouble he would not bother to move a finger.

"The future. I get it. A fear about how my own choices will negatively influence my future. You know I was not aware of the fact that I had this deep in my heart. In retrospect it makes so much sense. On the other hand you should stop talking." Valentine made a savage leap swinging his spear in a vertical motion. The spear tip connected with the inner demons lower jaw. Stunning it for a moment.

Spoiler

176809 4 6 16 6 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Divide>> vs Inner Demon 4 2020-11-04 21:23:30

BD: 4 + 3 = 7 (Hit)  = 13 * 8 = 104 - 7 = 97 stunned on hit

MD: Stunned

Valentine | HP:296/340 (+5) | EN: 14/34 (+1 EN, -11 EN)  | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Future Aspirations | HP:10/255 (-97)| DMG: 75 | MIT: 7 |

Edited by Valentine

Learning the tricks behind the inner demons was part of the key to defeating them. Till this point the indecision over his future would have had him falling back into old habits. His inner demons from before would only pop up in an immortal fury. That was why this inner demon was the strongest of the batch. It was all the previous inner demons in one. It was simply diabolical.

"I thank you for the lesson you have bestowed upon me. It is unfortunate that it is time to end this façade."  Valentine swung his left leg out to kick the inner demons weapon away. After he swung his spear up with refined force as he executed his <<heft>>. The inner demon finally hit zero and shattered with a smile. Valentine had managed to defeat the monster behind the last door. Valentine closed his eyes as the place gradually grew darker.

Spoiler

176810 4 6 3 6 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Heft>> vs Inner Demon 4 2020-11-04 21:28:21

BD: 4 + 3 = 7 (Success) = 13 * 2 = 26 - 7 = 19 DMG target killed

MD: Dead

Valentine | HP:301/340 (+5) | EN: 13/34 (+1 EN, -2 EN)  | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Inner Demon of Future Aspirations | HP:0/255 (-19)| DMG: 75 | MIT: 7 |

Edited by Valentine

Valentine came back to the conscious realm of the living. The waterfall was a challenging experience. Still Valentine managed to feel alive and rejuvenated. It was as if his body became lighter. It could have been the absent of the waterfall's weight bearing on him. Valentine just felt the change was subtle and he would need a myriad of new experiences to pin point the root causes.

Opening up his HUD Valentine confirmed the new skill he received. It was grayed out as he could not use it for lack of SP put into it. As long as he continued to grow he understood that he could put the needed SP to unlock it eventually. As he exited the waterfall he went over to the nearest town. He rent a room for the night send a message to Grimm and pass out. He needed all the sleep he could get at the moment.