[SP-F2-22] Rip and Tear <<Training Your Friend>>

1 x Yui's Grace Used

Hands clasped before his face, elbows pressing into his desk, and heel tapping anxiously against the carpeted floor. the ginger's olive eyes scanned his inventory slowly, every once in awhile tapping on one of the many items he had somehow stored up to now.. trying to see what fit the best. "Hmm.." he hummed to himself, trying a few of the unique items that he had been given from boss fights or events. He may have needed to sacrifice a few points in different stats here and there, but he had an idea of where to go with this build. However, things just were not adding up. His weapon could already deal max damage, without any of the unique enhancements some of his comrades had. The only way he could pose more of a threat to a boss was if he could maybe deal some damage over time, or one of those other enhancements like fallen or holy. But the equipment would not add up.. at least not at the moment. A soft coo from the upper corner of his room pulled him from the equations that ran in his mind for a moment, and his eyes fell upon his trusty owl companion, Adere. 

Jomei's eyes then widened as he figured it out, "Thats it." he said to himself. 

Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 77

HP: 1520 /(1550)
En: 165

SP: 21/416
DMG: 17
EVA: 3

ACC: 4
MIT: 43
Holy Blessing: 24 HP 
Battle Healing: 78 HP

When with Telrenya
+1 LD
+90 Overhealth

Spoiler

Jomei: 1550/1550 HP | 165/165 EN | 17 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 43 MIT | HB 24 Healing | 78 B. Healing

Skills:

Grandmaster Rapier Skill (+5 DMG)
Grandmaster Light Armor Rank 5 (+25 mit)
Charge Rank 5 (+5 DMG)

Energist (+5*Tier EN)
Battle Healing Rank 5 (5% HP Recovery)
Parry (50% DMG rounded down)
Extended Mod Limit (10 SP)
Howl(8 EN +2 Hate up to 4 enemies)
---
---

Extra Skills:

Concentration (+1 BD when used)
Martial Arts Rank 4 (+5 DMG Unarmed)
Survival (+15*Tier HP Out of battle & Not effected by environment)
Meditation (5*Tier EN,reduces to 3*Tier if hit before next turn.)
Familiar Handling Accurate (Rk.3) (+3 ACC)

Mods:

Rapier Ferocity (+1 DMG to Sword Arts )
Rapier Finesse Rank 3 (+5*Tier En)

Athletics (+1 DMG, +10*Tier HP)
Precision (+1 ACC)
Sprint and Acrobatics (+1 EVA)
Stamina (-1 EN all Attacks)
Bull Rush (Charge stuns for 1 round)
---

Housing Buffs:
Rested (-1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat)
Clean (The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20%
   Filling (Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.)
Relaxed (Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.)

Equipment:

Weapon: Oathkeeper (+3 DMG x Tier 3)(9 Dmg)

Armor: Baran's Breech Cloth (+18 MIT, +2 EVA, +1 Holy Blessing)

Accessory: Alateron;s Will (+3 ACC)

Familiar: Adere the Tawny Owl (+3 ACC)

Extra: Mask of the Lovers (+1 LD, +90 Over Health)

[Only active when in a thread with Telrenya]

Inventory: 
Apollo's Lyre: +1 CD

Edited by Jomei

Adere had always been Jomei's eyes in the sky during battle, helping him pinpoint weak spots in the enemy's armor, or creating a distraction with a close fly by. However, after his recent purchase from an Artisan names NIGHT, the extra accuracy boost Adere provided was no longer needed. The man still had another role for the avian familiar to fill, and it only took remembering how she used to be to give him the idea.

For awhile, after Jomei had befriended Adere, she was a bit.. rowdy. Always snatching food or finding small animals in the wild to hunt and munch on. She had grown quite large over the years, and not because of her snacking habits, and her talons were sharp as ever. Jomei didn't want to put Adere in harms way, but if he trained her to help him out in a fight, maybe she would be the missing puzzle piece he would need to finalizing his build. "Hey Adere." Jomei called up to the owl. Her dark eyes opened and trained on her master, her head tilting to the side, awaiting his next words. "Why don't we go out hunting, get you some practice with those talons of yours." 

With another hoot, one sounding a bit more excited, the owl spread out her wings and descended from the top corner, perching on Jomei's shoulder. The ginger smiled and gently Adere's feathered wing. "Alright, lets just go pick up a few things then we can get you going." Donning his new leather armor, and throwing a new black and green cloak over his shoulders, Jomei made his way into the streets of Taft, and began towards the center of town. "Hmm.. we probably shouldn't go anywhere too dangerous.. How about we head to the Second Floor? Since thats where I met you." Adere flapped her wings, cooing in agreement. Jomei responded with a small laugh, and before long the two were standing on the platform that would teleport them to the Second Floor. "Warp, Urbus!" in a flash of light, the ginger and his tawny owl vanished from the Eleventh Floor and appeared not moments later on the second to lowest floor or Aincrad. 

Looking around at the all too familiar sight of Urbus, Jomei took in a deep breath of the city's air. "Its been far too long since I've set foot in this city." he said with a smile, reminiscing on when the game first launched, and this was the floor that he once called home. Knowing the city just about as much as he now does Taft, the ginger first made his way towards the marketplace. It was a habit of his to keep an eye on the owl as he rounded the familiar corners, as she once, when she was much less behaved, would launch herself from Jomei's shoulder and steal some meat from an unexpecting butcher. Howver, time had done Adere well, as she kept her head mostly forward, turning mainly to look at passerbys as they continued forward. With a soft smile, Jomei showed his appreciation with a few scratches on the owl's chest. Finally, stopping before an NPC butcher, Jomei purchased a couple of slabs of meat that would serve as treats for Adere as she began her combat training. 

"Alright, you ready?" Jomei said to the owl on his shoulder as the two departed the city and made their way into the outskirts of Urbus. "Keep your eyes open for anything" the Irishman said in a soft voice to the owl as he crept farther and farther into the forest. "It'll probably be best to avoid anything too large for starters... but maybe try for something bigger than a squirrel at least." he said with a small chuckle. 

The shrubbery before them shifted and rustled, and Jomei stopped in his tracks. He stood quietly, waiting for whatever it was to show itself. After a moment, the orange and white hair of a fox poked out and began sniffing around. The ginger frowned, feeling a bit guilty.. but he knew it was just a game.. and it was for a good cause. "Alright Adere, show me what you've got." Like a monster trainer, Jomei extended his finger towards the fox and the owl followed his gaze. Her wings beat the air, quickening her speed towards the small animal. As Adere's body turned to allow her talons to extend, the two clashed. The fight, however, ended rather quickly with Adere claiming victory. "Good job girl!" Jomei shouted, tossing one of the slabs of meat to Adere 

ID 174202 | CD 7(+1)

Successes: 1/3

Edited by Jomei

After swallowing her prize, the owl returned to Jomei's shoulder, proud of her victory. "A few more like that, and you'll be ready for this boss fight in no time." he said with a smile, "Should probably give you a little bit of a rest in between.. that fox got a few cheap shots on you." It was true, the fox did manage to deal a little bit of damage to the owl, as he could tell by the red gashes and bite marks on her wings and body. However, after a bit of walking around, she would be back to herself in no time. "Hm... you know.. I could also use this time to maybe find some materials for trading.. but I don't think I'm gonna find anything useful on this floor." Looking to his shoulder again, "Think you're up to the challenge of a higher floor?" he asked he owl, who confidently spread her wings. "Thats my girl." he said with a few pats on her head.

Retracing their steps, Jomei and Adere made their way back into Urbus, and warped up to the Twenty Second Floor, where they would continue this quest to strengthen Adere.

The sun shone brightly on the Twenty Second Floor, a crisp fall breeze passed through between the small homes in the village of Coral. Jomei stood for a moment with his arms crossed, looking around at the hamlet, "Thats more like it. Reminiscing was nice and all, but we could probably get more accomplished up here. Don't worry, its a higher floor.. but the wild life here is a bit more tame than usual. And I'll step in if things start to look hairy." And with that, the two stepped into the calm, tranquil forests that made up this floor. Sticking to one of the main trails meant for traversing Floor Twenty Two, Jomei set off. As he walked forth, he kept his eyes peeled on the sides of the road for anything that could be useful in trading. 

A patch of beautifully colored flowers caught his attention, some that could be perfect for an Artisan or Tailor to work with. Plucking a small bouquet, Jomei placed the item into his inventory.

ID 174207 | LD 18

+ 1 Material

Edited by Jomei

"I'll have to take this walk with Estelle sometime" Jomei said to himself as he walked with his hands in his pockets. His cloak gently trailed behind him in the breeze. His eyes trailed upwards, looking at the blue sky that peeked just past the trees, their branches creating a canopy of leaves that provided a bit of shade. The ginger expelled a small sigh of relief through his slightly parted lips as he continued forward. Looking to his shoulder at Adere, he saw that her wounds from the fight with the fox had healed, and she was nearly ready for another bout once they encountered a monster of her level. 

Feeling the toe of his boot kick something, Jomei looked down to see a decently sized rock.. though it almost seemed like it could be more than that. Ore of some kind possibly? Despite, maybe a Blacksmith could use this to craft some armor. Picking up the material, Jomei dropped it into his inventory, and continued on. 

ID 174208 | LD 15

2 T3 Materials

Edited by Jomei

As Jomei placed the material into his inventory, his eyes lingered on the part of the screen that would open his friends list. It had been awhile since he had made contact with many of his friends.. a few from time to time but no one he was very close with. Jomei would gnaw on his lower lip as his finger hovered above it, wondering if he should check it. He always dreaded checking his friends list.. scared of what names he would see grayed out, scared to see which of his friends had died without him knowing. "Well.. what better time to check than when I'm alone I suppose.." and with a heavy gulp, Jomei opened his friends list. Everything seemed mostly normal, many of his friends still remaining, while those whom he know died still there in gray. As he continued scrolling down, he felt his blood run cold as he looked at a newly grayed out name; Ruby. "No no no no..." he said to himself over and over, "Dammit Ruby you... you can't be.." Closing his eyes, Jomei took a second to stand there in silence, mourning the death of one of his fellow guild mates, and one of his closest friends.

ID 174209 | LD 9

2 T3 Materials

Edited by Jomei

Jomei stood on the side of the road, tears welling up in his eyes. If he hadn't been such a loner and stopped talking to his friends.. maybe this would not have happened. "Dammit!" he shouted, punching a nearby tree. Did Telrenya already know? Did Jevi? Or the rest of the guild? Was it some random monster.. something stronger? Or was it another player.. No, it couldn't have been him after all this time. Wham! Another punch to the tree in front of him.

As the ginger stood with his back to the road, across the way a boar wandered out from the bushes, seemingly drawn to the sound of Jomei's shouts and punches. Turning her head to look over her shoulder, Adere took notice of the boar readying to attack Jomei. Springing into action, Adere met the boar mid way and tussled with it. Jomei immediately turned, tears running down his cheeks and watched as his owl fought with this larger boar. After a few moments, the beast shattered into fragments of data, leaving Adere the only of the two left. 

ID 174210 | CD 11 (+1) 

Successes: 2/3

Edited by Jomei

Jomei stood in awe for a moment, looking at where the boar once stood and where his owl currently was. Without his command, Adere had leapt into action and taken out a possible threat. Forcing a smile and wiping the tears from his cheeks, Jomei pulled out another piece of meat and walked over to Adere. Lowering to a knee, Jomei held the morsel out for her to take and gently placed a hand on her back. "Good job, thanks for watching my back." he said, with a couple of sniffles thrown in. After taking another moment to compose himself, the ginger continued forward on his quest, or in this case, Adere's quest. Jomei's focus on the materials he could find had been lost, the small pools of tears still clouding his vision. He took a quick look here and there, but really did not focus on finding anything useful. The thought of his lost friend still clouded his mind. 

ID 174211 | LD 10

2 T3 Materials

Edited by Jomei

Still nothing. 

The area Jomei was walking through must have just been recently farmed for materials, since he still could not find anything. That, or he still has not gained complete focus after learning of Ruby's apparent death. The whole thing made him think a bit more about The Holy Dragon Alliance and if he was foolish to think he could take on the position of a leader again. The Velvet Room failed when he was in charge, the last boss fight was nearly a disaster, with everyone jumping ship to avoid getting killed.. and someone decided to make him the leader there as well. Who was to say the result of HDA would be any different. Hell, he hadn't heard from any of the members in a long time, aside from Telrenya of course. It brought up the question, should he disband the guild and make room for a stronger guild to rise in the ranks? Or should he suck it up and try again, finding some new members to join the guild and hopefully make it into what he wanted to from the start; a safe space where they could help others. 

ID 174212 | LD 12

2 T3 Materials

Edited by Jomei

Opening his menus again with a swipe of his hand, Jomei took a look at the status of his guild. It had been far too long since he had accessed this screen. He almost felt the need to blow dust off of the screen as it flashed all of the names of the current members, with his chosen black and white logo depicting a dragon with outspread wings. Radio silence from everyone.. all of his closest friends. That was his own fault for not keeping up with all of them for so long. Jomei sighed a heavy sigh, feeling guilty for being so distant from everyone. "I'm so sorry.. everyone." The thought lingered again, the thought of disbanding the guild. Eventually, his hand dismissed the menus, "Not now.. I'll think it over with a clear mind." He looked to Adere again, another forced smile, "This isn't about me, lets finish up your training, then we can head home." 

ID 174213 | LD 10

2 T3 Materials

Edited by Jomei

Despite searching both sides of the road, there were still no materials to be found. Jomei growled underneath his breath, "I don't know how some of them make gathering materials look so easy.. I'd be lucky if I went home with more than 5!" Maybe after this was all over, Jomei could get some pointers from Macradon, or anyone else who is a monster grinder. It'd be nice to be able to purchase whatever he wanted without fear of running low on supplies. It wasn't like he really shelled songs out of his shop much, so its not like he needed the materials there. "How're you doing Adere? Feeling up to another fight soon?" The owl on his shoulder looked confident in her abilities to take on another monster, possibly one even more dangerous than the boar she had taken down before. "I think if we can find one more for you to take down, you should be good and ready." 

ID 174220 | LD 4

2 T3 Materials

Edited by Jomei

A low growl could be heard from just ahead. From behind a tree slowly walking to intercept their path, a wolf came into view. Its fur grey and matted, with blood red eyes glaring at Jomei, its sharp teeth flaring. "Easy now.." Jomei said, slowly reaching across for his own rapier, "This may be a bit above your level Adere, I'll take care of this one and we can-" Before Jomei could even act, Adere sprung into action. She flew high, just out of the wolf's reach. It propped itself up onto its back legs and swiped a paw at the owl, just missing. Adere quickly spun back around as the wolf turned to face her, this time flying directly at the canine's face. Her talons gripped at the wolf's red eyes, ripping and tearing as the wolf fought back. Sounds of pain and ferocity could be heard from both animals as they fought a close battle, but in the end, it was Adere who came out victorious. The wolf, with one last yelp, fell to its side and shattered like glass.

ID 174225 | CD 11 (+1)

Successes: 3/3

Edited by Jomei

Adere stood there, heavily wounded, barely keeping herself upright. Jomei quickly rushed to her side and scooped her up into his arms, "You know, that was careless of you.. but you did a damn good job." he said with a smile. Taking one more quick look around to make sure no other monsters were closing in on his position, he looked back to Adere, "You rest now. I'll get us back home. I think we are done for the day." Cradling the feathered familiar in his arms, Jomei made his way back the way he came through the forest of the twenty second floor, for now, at least, not worrying about finding any materials to gather for trade. "Just make sure, in the future, we fight together, okay lass? I can't have you taking all the hits. Thats my job." Before long, the player and his owl had made it back to Coral village. "Warp, Taft!" Jomei said as he stepped onto the teleport square, and the two vanished in a flash of light yet again. 

Back in their home town of Taft on Floor Eleven, Jomei and Adere made the familiar walk back to their town home on the other end of town. The owl in Jomei's arms peacefully rested the entire time, enjoying her nap as her wounds slowly healed over time. Eventually, Jomei had arrived back at his and Telrenya's house. "I'm home!" Jomei called up to the second floor as he removed his boots at the door. He found the familiar bob of blonde hair in the living room, enjoying a cup of tea as she sat by an open window looking over the streets of Taft. She looked to Jomei with a smile at first, and then worry as she saw Adere's condition. "Its okay, she's fine." he reassured her. "We were out training her to be more helpful as a damage dealing, she got into a fight with a wolf. It was scary, but she really made me proud." he said with a smile, looking back towards Adere as he gently placed her on their couch. 

The two chatted for a bit about their respective days, Telrenya's being more locally focused as Jomei's a bit more adventurous. He filled her in on his plans to continue aiding the frontliners, despite saying after the past two times that the 'next time would be the last.' He just knew with the amount of friends he was losing, but due to distance and death, that he just needed a new purpose, and that life would not let him retire just yet. "I'm not going to convince you to come back to fight with me, but I won't stop you if you try. I'm smart enough to know not to try that again." he said to her with a gentle kiss on her forehead. Avoiding continuing the talk of boss fights, the engaged couple began to speak of dinner plans for the night. Once they came up with a simple meal to cook, Telrenya put together a small list of food items the two were missing which Jomei agreed to pick up. After removing his armor and settling for more casual clothes, Jomei left back into the streets as the sun began to set behind the buildings of Taft. 

His shopping list was simple enough, some various vegetables and herbs to go with a chicken meal. They could probably be found at the local market. However, as Jomei neared the center of town, where he would walk a few more streets to find the marketplace, he instead opted for a different route. "Warp, Town of Beginnings." In mere moments, the ginger appeared in the Town of Beginnings at twilight. Turning in place, across the courtyard, Jomei saw the large, dark Iron Palace. With a quick breath in and out of his nostrils, Jomei made his way towards the building. 

Stepping into the interior, the bit of light that still remained in the sky poured through the tall windows on the opposite end of the cathedral. Torches assisted in illuminating the space as Jomei walked forward towards the Monument of Life. Other players were scarce, with maybe two or three leaving by the time Jomei arrived, leaving him to be the only one in the cathedral at the time of his arrival. Walking up the short steps to the monument, Jomei stood before the large stone slab which housed all the names of players in SAO, living and dead.

His eyes first searched for the name of his departed friend, Ruby. He needed to know what killed her... if he needed to worry about him again. It was both relieving and saddening to see that her cause of death was suicide. His heart sank, now confirming the knowledge that his good friend had passed. Jomei rose a hand to the monument and ran his thumb across her name, before extending his fingers and pressing his palm into the face of the monument. He then spent the next few minutes searching for all the other names of his friends who had passed, as he always did upon coming here. Lowenthal, Opal, Zelrius, Ssendom, Beatbox.. and now Ruby. He stood there for a moment, just thinking over the lost lives of those friends for just a bit longer. Once he was finished, he slowly retracted his palm and looked at the stones face confidently one last time before leaving the Black Iron Palace to retrieve the groceries he had left for in the first place. 

Thread Complete:

Jomei: 400 Col, 2 T3 Mats, 4 SP (1 Yuis Grace, 1 Event, 1 Quest, 1 Thread)
<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>>

Edited by Jomei