[F9-PP] Handling a watchdog (Gatekeeper of Fire)

Through the kindling and smoldering of a rigid swirl of stone. In both liquid and solids, a scorching heat played upon his skin but did little on the way of damage. A journey through a winding road had strengthened him against this, both figuratively and physically he was immune to its clutches. What was intended was for the guild's smith. He had been made aware of a small hunk of material that would be made useful, and after discussions with said blacksmith he knew it was relevant.

A sent message through the guild's contacts was both a call to action and a warning:

To: Firm Anima Guild

"I need some support, the flames of floor 9 on Mount Stylahm. This offer only extends to those who can handle the heat, I will not bring those who would be wilting away during the fight."

With a flourish of keys, the message riddles through the chat with a word hardly spoken. It was not often he spoke through the device, it was abnormal and broke up the standard conversation.

Kumatetsu Activated: +1 Base Damage

Mega Slime Farm Activated: +2 SP upon Closure

Raidou Consumes: Titan's Strength (+3 Base Damage), Potion of Obsidian Flesh [Compound: 3] (+45 Mitigation), Antibody Amalgam (Antidote 3/3), Well-Done Steak (+2 Base Damage/ -30 Mitigation), Artisan Carrot Cake (+3 Accuracy/Filled), Roasted Provence Chicken (+2 Evasion)

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 83
HP: 1825/1825
EN: 166/166

Stats:
Damage: 25
Mitigation: 121
Evasion: 6
Accuracy: 6
BH:91

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion
Misc: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 5]
Extended Weight Limit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector
Survival

Active Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Detect
Tracking
Ferocity

Inactive Mods:
Emergency Recovery

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Nightvision Mod]
Eternal Watch - Tenacity [T3/Perfect/Trinket]: Recovery 2, Accuracy 1

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Freyd heard his fellow captain's summons and was out the door before Quip and Dingo could ask where he was bound.  They were getting used to these sudden departures, or perhaps just to the lack of explanation for them.  He was through the teleportation gate from Angel's Point to Yogan Village before the guard on either side even had a chance to notice anything more than a blur.

A short while later, on the ash-covered slopes of Mount Stylahm, Freyd emerged from the black, fluffy rain and joined his vanguard kin.

"You called?"  He said, though the recent growing mirth seemed muted by comparison to other recent outings.  The heat must have been scorching, but he didn't feel it.  Persi would likewise be at home in this harsh climate.  "I assumed this is about that pesky three-skulled mutt?  The neighbours must be complaining about all the howling again."  His sword was in hand a moment later.

"Are we waiting for anyone else, or shall we go take the dogs out?"

Kumatetsu Activated: +1 Base Damage

Mega Slime Farm Activated: +2 SP upon Closure

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1645/1645 | EN:163/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24

Spoiler

Consumables:

Cotton Candy Puffs (ACC 2) [174490]
Mega-Duper Anti-Everything Sauce (Antidote 3) [170014]
Red Velvet Meringue (EVA 2) [170311]
Pure Unadulterated Rage (T3 MIT 3) [170029]
Max Level Courage (T3 OH 3, +135 HP) [170008]
Well-Done Steak (Protein +2) [163570-1 – Filled
Viperion (T3 Toxic Venom) [154862]
Liquor of Light (DMG 3) [168140-1]

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 74
HP: 1510/1510 (+135)
EN: 163/163

Stats:
Damage: 20 (+3+3)
Mitigation: 79 (+45-45)
Evasion: 2 (+2)
Accuracy: 4 (+2)
BH:75
VAMP OFF:151
HLY:6
FLN:6
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, VO 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Night Shades (T3-Trinket, ACC 3)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Hiding [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics
Night Vision
Vengeful Riposte

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*3
Missing You (Instant T2 HP Recovery)*2
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery)*5
Mega-Duper... Sauce (Antidote 3)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, Keen 1, Abs. ACC)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [ACTIVATED]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring: N/A

It was the whisper who answered the call, ever pressing forward toward his own travels. A notion he could respect, and with Freyd being the one to accept that was all that was needed. "No I believe this is more than sufficient. We've taken down titans, so a dog will still be a dog." Raidou offered his version of the truth, pulling his hand up to dust a bit of parading ash from his shoulder that does a fair job of simply smearing it. The robe had seen worse, and surely the charcoal would do little that wasn't already present.

"The mutt indeed, Turns out it holds something I need to gain. Between the two of us it should be a trifle to strike it down." he looked rather placidly through Freyd's sense of humor with an almost naïve misunderstanding. He dove deeper into what the captain had said, wondering if perhaps there was some truth in the creature causing sleepless nights to the NPC of the floor.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte -5 EN

Raidou | HP:1825/1825 | EN:161/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91| VENGEFUL

"Good.  Then we can keep moving."  A sense of foreboding had been growing inside him since the summons had been sent about the battle on the front lines.  They were going into shadow.  It should be familiar ground.  Freyd practically lived in the darkness, and had since his arrival in Aincrad.  He'd delved into his own soul and been challenged by his darkness.  It had even ripped its own way out and forced him to face it literally.  He'd conquered them all, but not without scars.  It was those that gave him pause in light of the pending conflict.  Could he be a liability to the raid?  What if the Shadow spoke to his with greater power?  Gritting his teeth and facing whatever came with resolve was truly the only option.  The leather grip on his sword creaked.

"I can make use of it's boon as well.  Let's go get this thing done."  Cowl firmly in place, he wandered back into the field of ash.

Freyd activates Vengeful Riposte (-5 EN)

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1645/1645 | EN:158/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL

Taking steps along the same road, two pairs of footprints in equal measure rocked and left in their respective wakes, forever through the charred remains. The sense of what was coming was causing a bit of mixed emotion. It was uncertain if this was the last time he'd be walking these paths. It was unknown, the most he could hope for is to leave them ready with all the lessons he had learned. This run would be no different, deciphered, and logged. Messing with his lenses and attempting to break himself from where his thoughts were wandering. He could not afford the distraction. A shared silence as both walked facing what the cardinal had anchored to each party's shoulders, a weight, and a choice. Weaker men would hide or allow the air to escape from lungs. There was a job to do and neither would yield to such an insignificant pressure.

Freyd's gaze was set forward, his eyes narrowed with focus and intensity.  He'd purged his distractions with cold and fury.  It would be enough for now, and annealed him in a passionless haze against the glaring heat of their surroundings.  Not that he actually needed it.  His skill set had long since accounted for this sort of thing.  It too, was nearing completion.

"Oscar and I set ourselves against a gaggle of pirates the other day.  I'd fought them before, with Kiluia - that's where the setting him on fire reference comes from, if he ever mentions it."  Their feet crunched lightly in the freshly-blacked ground, rivulets of red surrounding them with an orange-crimson glow.  "He's a very capable warrior, and a total goof.  I've always enjoyed adventuring with him.  Judging by the results of combat, and our respective health bars, I'm fairly certain that we're roughly on par with each other now.  It was a sobering moment."  Freyd didn't sound like he was asking a question, and was certainly not boasting.  it was as if he'd finally come to terms with his arrival, on par with the legacy of those considered champions of the game.  The status was irrelevant to him.  His ego didn't need stroking, or really anything at all, save purpose.  He was simply musing a strange sensation aloud, as if he couldn't have imagined it possible so soon.  "Did it strike you as sudden and strange also?"

The path begins to take an incline, looking more difficult to traverse. More effort was required with each step, but neither seemed to have difficulty in accepting the fact. "Oscar is quite the character. If I am putting the name to the correct face, the very same that dropped everything to save Haine when it mattered. A very good man." spoke only what to what he knew about the man. The sounds of the floor drowned into a focus, lost to the words by the whisper. "It was sudden and strange, but I had not the method of reference. I simply continued to work towards an end in silence. It wasn't until Hidden that I knew that it was odd, it appears our routine is some sort of anomaly. My only worry is that those with an unstable ego would see it as a threat to a self wielded crown." he offered as a take on his perspective, not wishing to usurp some semblance of power but simply put. Offer a hand where he could.

"Unstable egos simply gravitate to that which troubles them more.  There is no appeasing or comforting them, and the effort is often twisted into an excuse for surging instability.  Look at Mari, ChaseR, and even Hidden.  They all follow a similar pattern, wailing about their failings and the general injustice of life, then proceeding to take actions which ensure that their conditions remain unchanging. They enjoy wallowing.  My solution is to provide perspective by pushing them beyond their comfortable discomfort, usually into a new zone of true discomfort that exposes the ridiculousness of their normal state.  'See, things actually can get worse, now suck it up.'"  His cowl tilted to one side, as if assessing the success or failure of his efforts.  "To be fair, it's a long term project."

Their trek led them to a broad cliff face with a single canyon entrance.  Access was constrained by the slow but sinister flows of lava, leaving only a narrow path open into the gorge.  It was their entrance.  The passage widened beyond the black barrier of rock, revealing ruined building facades carved directly into the canyon walls.  The throaty howl of hounds echoed upon the winds.  It wouldn't be much farther now.

Freyd spoke of those he had met, and all of them he could place a face to them. "Chase is swimming in anger, unable to focus it on anything that matters the moment it shows. Hidden is trying to make amends but when it comes to a point where she is to choose to leave her weapon in its sheathe she refuses to not draw it. and Mari..." he pressed his hand to his face, a soft tingle reminding him of his attempt. "Mari is so trapped under the weight of her own guilt, she paints those around in light from her own self-hatred. Convinced that they are what she considers herself to be, strong enough to overcome it but misguided in her attempts." he knew these hanged men, these that wished to change but would not accept it when it was happening. They were drowning here, but when a hand was offered they would slap it away. "It is impossible to help those that do not believe they need it or will not receive it. I wish you luck, on that front you are stronger than I am. I lack the will to be forceful when it is required. Perhaps that is what you will teach me."

"It isn't your way to be forceful, Raidou."  Freyd couldn't recall whether he'd ever call him by his name before.  "Your heart is too big for that, and must remain that way.  The consequence of path is the risk of being cast as the villain by  those who cannot see beyond their own inability to choose.  I accept that, if it means being able to dislodge them from their wallow.  At worst, I've added minor harm to an already broken soul in my own, dark, altruistic way.  Someone has to be willing to do it, but I appreciate that too many of us cannot straddle that line."

Four baying hounds suddenly rounded the corner, bit of magma-like drool frothing their mouths.  Freyd broke into a charge rather than assuming a defensive stance, but the distance was too short.  The first to passes to either side of him, but the third felt the full force of his blow, exploding in a flash of white and red as he drove his silver blade straight through its neck and out the other side.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1645/1645 | EN:148/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1825/1825 | EN:161/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91| VENGEFUL

Freyd activates Charge.

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE + 2 from hits): 14 EN – (Rested, Finesse 3) = 10 EN

ID #175973 | BD: 1 (miss)
ID #175974 | BD: 1 (miss)
ID #175975 | BD: 10 (Crit +2, Holy +6, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*39=507-45=462) damage to Hell Hound #3.

Crit = no thorns or flame aura damage.

[0,0] Infernal Hell Hound #1 | HP: 350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 
[0,0] Infernal Hell Hound #2 | HP: 350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 
[0,0] Infernal Hell Hound #3 | HP: 0 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 

A heart huh... Raidou found it interesting for it to be carried as such, perhaps there was truth in Freyd's perspective. It may very well be beyond his scope to make the necessary alterations that would need to come and assist those that would deny it. This is what brought Freyd to a level of importance, doing what he knew he could not. Furthermore, the very fact Freyd believed he was devoid of this appearance of a villain where the opposite was true. The very moniker he owned was seen as a cruel ill omen, the nomad in red who appeared when circumstances were about to take a turn. Before he could respond a legion of flame kin, the shape of hounds broke the conversation into silence.

Following in tow behind Freyd's assault, impaling one through the gullet in a splash of superheated blood. While one leaps free, Raidou sweeps long and cleaves a spray of the magma all the same. The creature whimpers while Raidou receives a faceful of its pain. Steaming and scorched, a billow of red casts blindness that overtakes their eyes.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1645/1645 | EN:148/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1800/1825 | EN:151/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91| VENGEFUL

Raidou activates Charge.

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE + 2 from hits): 14 EN – (Finesse 3) = 11 EN

ID# 175976 | BD: 2+6-2-1=5 (miss)
ID# 175977 | BD: 6+6-2-1=5 (Charge +5). Raidou deals (12*30=360-45=315) damage to Hell Hound #2, recieves 25 via Thorns

ID# 175979 | MD: 5+2-6=1 (miss) vs. Raidou
ID# 175980 | MD: 2+2-6=-2 (miss) vs. Raidou

[0,1] Infernal Hell Hound #1 | HP: 350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 
[0,3] Infernal Hell Hound #2 | HP: 35 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2
[0,0] Infernal Hell Hound #3 | HP: 0 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 

Freyd slid to a stop in the ashen ground, bracing a leg against a nearby rock wall to propel himself back against the enemy.  The hounds were pre-occupied and vulnerable.  A quick slash to the nearest one triggered a countering flare of pain and fire, mostly shrugged off by the suppression algorithms.  A follow up against the second target was more successful, burst with white, holy light that bathed over his darkened form and suddenly healed the injuries he'd suffered mere moments before.

"You're trick seemed useful," Freyd said to his comrade, circling to help flank the last remaining canine.  "I hope you don't mind if I took a queue from your past displays and found a way to add it to my blade.  Medicine was never really my thing, but this will serve as a perfectly viable alternative."  He glanced down at the tarnished blade, the redness in his eyes aptly reflected upon its surface.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1645/1645 (-25+25) | EN:137/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1800/1825 | EN:151/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91| VENGEFUL

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE + 4 from hits): 16 EN – (Rested, Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 11 EN

ID#175982 | BD: 3+6-2=7 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*26=312-45=267) damage to Hell Hound #1.  

Freyd takes 25 thorns damage from Hell Hound #1.

ID#175983 | BD: 10 (Crit +2, Holy +6).  Freyd deals (12*34=408-45=363) damage to Hell Hound #2.

Freyd recovers 25HP from Vampiric (Offensive)

[1,1] Infernal Hell Hound #1 | HP: 83 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (350-267)
[2,3] Infernal Hell Hound #2 | HP: 0 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Raidou recovers 91 via Battle Healing

A twirl of the blade in his grasp as combat began to seem to twist in speeds, his concentration drawing it into a slowed and meticulous remembrance. The scars from the prior attack draw to a close, as the swordsman repeats the routine. Carving away again at the creatures with ill regards to its flaming life, another cut down and sprays him with more of the same. It hardens and burns against his skin, the smoke shown the damage it was doing. "It has its uses, it however seems yours may just be a bit more effective. Mine is dull." he remarked to the black star, the very enhancement he found to sustain himself had found a way into Freyd's pride. It was enlightening that his methods where optimized enough for some emulation. The fact that the whisper had found it valuable was all that he needed as proof to its worth.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1575/1645 (-70+70) | EN:137/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1800/1825 | EN:148/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91| VENGEFUL

Astral Hell (x7): 7 EN – (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 3 EN

ID# 176048  | BD: 3+6-2=7 (hit).  Raidou deals (7*25=175-45=130) damage to Hell Hound #1. Sustains 25 via Thorns

[1,4] Infernal Hell Hound #1 | HP: 0 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2
[2,3] Infernal Hell Hound #2 | HP: 0 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

The clatter of loose falling stone confirmed that there would be no reprieve for them against this boss.  Cerberus fell upon them from above, scouring the entire area with vile, fiery breath from all three of its canine maws.  Freyd rolled to evade the beast as it came crashing to the narrow canyon floor.  Twisting to position his blade, he struck upward as he emerged from the acrobatic dodge and nearly clipped the legendary dog's foremost head.  A nasty gash on the snout spurted magma-like blood all over his arm, but the pain was negligible.  Resetting his stance, Freyd moved alongside Raidou so that they might better fight and counter against the demon-dog's attacks.  He knew his role.  The vanguard captain would surely set the beast up for his assault.  It was just a matter of coordinating timing.  A batch of better luck from the RNG wouldn't hurt their cause either.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1645/1645 | EN:135/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1800/1825 | EN:148/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91| VENGEFUL

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): -2 miss

Freyd Charges

ID# 176118  | BD: 2+6-2-1=5 (miss).  Freyd misses Cerberus #1. 

[0,0] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #1] | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[0,0] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #2] | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[0,0] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #3] | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

<< Bringing Hell >> : "Cerberus, Inferno's Rage" gains 1 attack for each head alive.
<< One at a Time >> : Players can only target one Head at a time before hitting another. AoE's do not work on this boss.
<< Burning Bite >> : On successful attacks, the player is inflicted with "Burn" dealing 36 unmitigatable damage for 2 turns.
<< Infernal Punishment >> : On a critical attacks, this boss gains additional damage and will phase through 50% of the target's mitigation on all attacks this turn. [ 9 = 25 | 10 = 75 ]
<< Bloodless >> : This boss is immune to all status effects.

Cerberus Head #1 alive, rolling attacks for it here

Raidou recovers 91 via Battle Healing

Like a demolition charge from the mountains peak, a three headed titan lands near Freyd who had just finished its kin off in a flay of orange liquid. Not wanting to risk his glasses in this confrontation, Freyd moves to his shoulder, and a twisted tinge of a light mirror one another. Samael its own native mixture, with Auric Sol simply distorted by Raidou's fury. Like the darkened sun's threatening to burn out but ablaze with that dying fire. "I suppose we shouldn't hold back." Raidou quips to his compatriot folding the lenses up and causing them to vanish. While the power of the whisper would swell and pass its balance upon this monster, Raidou's hatred begins to flow uncapped. Allowing his torment to bleed, with pride taking the light off the air. A distortion of shade and a mix of crimson, to those that would look on toward this confrontation it would be hard to discern who was in fact the enemy.

The beast was convinced and without fear. Screaming through its own obscured vision, it slams into what it believes flesh. But the sparks did not allow him to purchase. With the sudden arrival of them, it was Raidou that it connected with despite whomever its original target may have been. A weapon in darkened light held against a row of angered teeth. Gritting his jaw and pushing back, his eyes burning hot with fighting spirit triggered as those very fangs began to crack against the steel. Freyd was already gone...

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1615/1645 (-30) | EN:135/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1759/1825 | EN:141/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91

Raidou activates howl (2+1+1=4 Hatred on up to 4 targets), -7 EN (8-1 [Passive Recovery])

ID# 176155  | MD: 9, Minor Critical (+25 DMG) dealing 200-[156*.5 (Phase)=78]=122*.05=66 DMG [VENGEFUL], Vengeful Activates dealing 200*.5=100-75=25 Returned!
ID# 176156  | MD: 2+3-6=-1, Missed vs. Raidou
ID# 176157  | MD: 1, Critical Miss vs. Raidou

[0,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #1] | HP: 475/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[0,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #2] | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[0,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #3] | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

<< Bringing Hell >> : "Cerberus, Inferno's Rage" gains 1 attack for each head alive.
<< One at a Time >>: Players can only target one Head at a time before hitting another. AoE's do not work on this boss.
<< Burning Bite >> : On successful attacks, the player is inflicted with "Burn" dealing 36 unmitigatable damage for 2 turns.
<< Infernal Punishment >> : On a critical attacks, this boss gains additional damage and will phase through 50% of the target's mitigation on all attacks this turn. [ 9 = 25 | 10 = 75 ]

Six eyes shifted as one and focused entire on the red and black that was Raidou.  For a man who didn't seem to like attention, he was adept at capturing and holding it.  'What a strange choice of roles for such an otherwise private person?' Freyd thought to himself, but the reasons already provided by the captain did much to explain.  It wasn't really about attention, at all, but about directing pain and injury away from others.  Once again, they were opposites.  Freyd wasn't one to consider coddling or much for sympathy.  He was always looking past the symptoms for a cure, and would offer short term pain without hesitation if the achieved a cure in the long run.  People rarely appreciate such approaches.

It's attention distracted, Freyd frolicked just beyond Cerberus' peripheral vision.  When the opportunity came, he struck, and one of the dog's head parted from its body.

"One down," said the Whisper.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1615/1645 | EN:127/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1759/1825 | EN:141/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Rested, Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 8 EN

ID#176171  | BD: 3+6-2=7 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*26=338-75=263) damage to Cerberus (head #1).

Freyd suffers 30 thorns damage.

[1,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #1] | HP: 212/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[0,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #2] | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[0,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #3] | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

<< One at a Time >>: Players can only target one Head at a time before hitting another. AoE's do not work on this boss.

Raidou recovers 91 via Battle Healing, Parry CD [0/2], Vengeful CD [0/3], Sustains 36 via Burn

A backlash against the pair as one was cleaved from a large pair of shoulders and rolls upon the dirt, before shattering in a burst of maroon. The jaw latched to his weapon begins to wane as a high pitched whir starts to fire. The weapon paints in yellow and with it the sounds of fractures forming. Tooth by tooth they give way and shatter before a section of its mouth is torn asunder. The flames pour out and scorch the swordsman in red but he seemed unfazed, with an array of shattered teeth at his feet. The titan falls as he shifts his weight and grounds it. The parry had succeeded. "And two to go." Raidou could not help but smile as the burns took against his bar and seemed to fail to overtake his recovery. With it downed, the whisper had this thing under his very fingertips. They each were playing to strengths, brutally tearing this thing limb from limb.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1615/1645 | EN:128/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1642/1825 | EN:132/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91 BRN 36: [2/2]

Galaxy Destroyer [x13] -9 EN (13-3 [Finesse 3] -1 [Passive Recovery])

ID# 176179 | BD: 10 (crit +2)  Raidou deals (13*32=416-75=341) damage to Cerberus (head #2), Thorns fails to trigger.

ID# 176443 | MD: 3+3-6=0, Missed vs. Raidou!
ID# 176180 | MD: 1, Critical Miss vs. Raidou!
ID# 176181 | MD: 10, Major Critical (+25 DMG) dealing 225-[156*.5 (Phase)=78]=147 DMG, BRN Refreshed!

[1,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #1] | HP: 212/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[0,8] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #2] | HP: 149/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[0,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #3] | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

They had their rhythm down.  Raidou set it up, and he knocked it down.  Following through on his previous attack, Freyd spun and cleaved downward, Samael's Pride flaring with righteous wrath as it severed through another of the demon's necks.  Burning blood ran down and showered over him, but he ignored it.  This was precisely where he was meant to be.  

The last of mighty Cerberus' maws snapped and thrashed as it struggled to reach for the red wanderer while compensating for its own unbalanced mass.  The other two heads had shattered and disappeared, but the last was on the right and awkwardly placed to be effective in the absence of its counterparts.  It also looked very weird.

"Two down, and last one up!"  He had no doubts that they had this.  The beast must surely be sensing its doom, by now.  It's defeat would make them stronger, still.  And, just in time.  The time was nigh upon them to head to the chamber beyond the labyrinth and face whatever awaited them.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1615/1645 | EN:111/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1642/1825 | EN:132/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91 BRN 36: [2/2]

Freyd recovers 30HP from BH.

Galaxy Destroyer [x13]: 13 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery]) = 9 EN

ID#176182 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Holy +6).  Freyd deals (13*33=429-75=354) damage to head #2.

[1,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #1] | HP: 212/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
[2,8] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #2] | HP: 0/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Raidou recovers 91 via Battle Healing, Parry CD [1/2], Vengeful CD [1/3], Concentration [1/3] Sustains 36 via Burn

With the opportunity ripe and the beast downed, Raidou's weapon flares and sudden skip forward to end it without a hitch. A loose stone on the path makes him pleased that his glasses were stored away. The sheer momentum from the overdriven system combined with a misstep, catapults the wanderer with such a tenacious speed that he skips a few times. A parade of crashes before a skid, the fall damage alone was quite a bit of output. To most it would be startling, and the robe latched to a nearby sharpened stone left his back.

Laying upon the sediment and looking up to the stars, a hearty and hefty laugh. "That is not at all what I planned, In the end I don't think it really..." spoken as the cerberus lunges and lands against his steel. It pushes him into a divot from the power, as magma drool pours over his shoulders. Pressing back with equal force, the laughter continues for there was no fear.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1615/1645 | EN:111/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1550/1825 | EN:131/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91 BRN 36: [2/2]

Galaxy Destroyer [x13]: 1 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery]) = 1 EN, Charged (+5 Base, -1 ACC), Missed!

ID# 176183 | BD: 1, Critical Miss!

ID# 176446 | MD: 6+3-6=3, Missed vs. Raidou
ID# 176184 | MD: 10, Major Critical (+50 DMG) dealing 225-[156*.5 (Phase)=78]=147 DMG, BRN Refreshed!

[2,8] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #2] | HP: 0/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Freyd's eye momentarily boggle as he tries to fathom Raidou's motives, only to realize that these events were unscripted.  His friend was sent sailing into the air and crashing into the dirt, only to be pounced on by a dog the size of a pick-up truck.  In his ears, he heard... was that laughter?

'Yeah.  Been there.'  He thought to himself, recalling all the sordid fails he'd accumulated.  From his first fight against the Monkey King, to Skalaugh, to the start of this very battle, it was just the way his luck ran.  Pulling alongside the beast's flank, he winds and unleashes his blade and sends Cerberus sprawling in the threefold roll before crashing against the far canyon wall.  

"Down boy!"  he calls, as the hound struggles to regain his footing.  Freyd, meanwhile reached down to offer Raidou a hand and help him recover his robe.

"You have no idea how nice it is to see that happen to someone other than me, for a change."  He added, grinning.  "No offense."

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1615/1645 | EN:102/163 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:164 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:82 | Antidote 3/3 |Tox.Ven 24 | VENGEFUL
Raidou | HP:1550/1825 | EN:131/166 | DMG:25 | MIT:121 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:91 BRN 36: [2/2]

Freyd recovers 30HP from BH.

Freyd activates Charge.

Galaxy Destroyer [x13]: 13 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery]) = 9 EN

ID#176185 | BD: 10 (Crit +2, Charge +5 , Holy +6).  Freyd deals (13*39=507-75=432) damage.  Toxic Venom applied.

[2,4] Cerberus, Inferno's Rage [Head #3] | HP: 68/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 (24 Tox. Ven [2/2])