[F04-PP] Training our friends

Val set on the couch in the living room, with a fire going, while watching the snow fall outside. He was in a pair of purple pajamas that fit him well. His time was simply spent enjoying the view outside the house as well as inside. Since starting his cohabitation with Grimm, Val was able to see some amazing views. The house was still under repair and a large amount was unusable. It was still their place. Val could not get over the fact that the man said yes to moving in with him.

"Scheherazade" When the name was said the white cobra appeared in his lap, in front of the fire. The two of them were not used to the cold and preferred to be near a source of heat. You would think Valentine would be unhappy with the floor, but the smile on Grimm's face was worth any effort it took for Val to bear it.

Spoiler

Name: Valentine

• Level: 17
  • HP: 340/340
  • EN: 34/34

Stats:

• Damage: 10
  • ACC:3
  • EVV:2
  • MIT:5

Equipped Gear:

• Weapon: <<Dastardly Poker>> ( +3 DMG/2HAS)
  • Armor: <<Cloudskin>> ( +2 EV, +1 Regen/Light Armor)
  • Trinket: <Eye of Horus>> ( +3 ACC/Pin)

Items on hand:

• Damage Potion +3 (ID:164223-1)

Skills:

• 2 Handed Assault Spear [Rank 4]
  • Light Armor [Rank 1]

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 34/34 | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Edited by Valentine

Ozwald was not a morning person, waking up was one of the hardest things in the world to Ozwald. Ozwald sat up from the new bed that Val had given him, he was glad that he had said yes, the upgrade was more than worth it without having Val around. Ozwald got out of bed, his hair a messy but cute tangle of brown locks, even though outside of his window it was perpetually snowing inside the house was warm enough for Ozwald to only be wearing plaid pajama bottoms. Ozwald was fairly muscular for his size, none of it for show and all of it seeming to be more lithe than bulky, but he had definition in them at the very least. Ozwald found himself walking out of his room without getting changed, he had nothing to do today and didn't want to get ready just yet. Ryoto the small cockatrice followed Ozwald like a small dog directly on his heels. He yawned and stretched as he walked into the living room "Good morning luv" He said to the caramel skinned man lounging on the couch.

Spoiler

Name: Grimm Reaper
Level: 22
HP: 440/440
EN: 44/44

Stats:
Damage: 11
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Soul Devourer(tier 1/Perfect/Hand Wraps)[DAM 3]
Armor: Death's Shroud(Tier 1/Perfect/Light Armor)[EVA 1][REC 2]
Misc: Damned Souls(Tier 1/perfect/trinket)[ACC 3]

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
Hiding [Rank 2]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*3
[T1]Health potions(rare)(+40 HP)*5
[T1]Damage potion(uncommon)(+1 DAM)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Hiding): +1 Rank to the Hiding skill.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

Valentine was leafing through the familiar mastery log. It was information granted to him to keep him updated on Sherry. When Grimm awakened Val would ask if him and Ryoto wanted to train. Inside the house it would be easy for Ryoto to do a light mock battle against him. Sherry could run drills to try and heal them up. It was a win-win for them all as far as Val could tell. Valentine could have asked his mate Grimm to do the spar himself. It was just his partner was way to strong even without a weapon.

When Grimm wished him morning Val got up from the couch. He walked over and gave him a peck. The fire going and the scene of two guys, kissing in a log cabin-esque structure, with snow falling about, made for a Hallmark movie photo. "Good morning to you as well. I hope your sleep was adequate?"

"It was, the beds here are definitely more comfortable than the straw mat that I was sleeping on in my shop." Ozwald walked around the man he had very quickly fallen in love with sitting down on the couch patting the seat next to him, waiting for Valentine to sit. "What do we have planned today?" Ozwald asked placing his legs over the taller and surprisingly younger man's thighs. Ozwald laid back stretching out, still incredibly tired. Ryoto, the adorable reptile chicken that Ozwald had tamed with a handful of meat, hopped up onto the couch to join Ozwald curling up onto his bare chest. it seemed that Ryoto was just as bad with the mornings as Ozwald was and it suited him just nicely. Ozwald let his eyes close waiting for Valentine to tell him to get up, because nothing short of being forced into it would get him to stand up again.

"I thought we could relax and work on our familiar training skills. We can do it in the house......." Val felt his mind wander as he heatedly gazed at Grimm's body. He refused to sleep near the man for the purpose of holding himself back. If Grimm was not such a sexy beast Val would not be tempering his will power as much.

Valentine spoke in a daze as he stared. "You can tell Ryoto to attack me a bit. As I can try getting Sherry to heal properly. I figured simple commands would not be too hard for now. We can get to the harder stuff later." Just because he was not eating does not mean he could not enjoy the sight of Grimm's body. He could also drop hints as to gauge Grimm's interest. Yeah they were in love and living together. He just did not want to take the next step until Grimm was ready.

Valentine looked at the white cobra and issued his command. "Sherry heal" The snake simply looked up from the fireplace with an expression that Val could vaguely understand. It was a mix between "Why?" and "Are you really bothering me for this?" The wish Val made to tame Sherry was to protect Grimm. Val just assumed Sherry would have a healing or protection function.

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
176718 2 5 11 4 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Familiar Training Attempt 2020-11-04 12:17:55

CD: 5 (Training attempt failed)

Edited by Valentine

"Are you sure?" Ozwald asked holding up his own pet like one would a smelly cat "His claws are so sharp." Ozwald was being decently sarcastic, although Ryoto's claws were sharp they were sharp in the same way that a cats were sharp. "I honestly think his breath is worse than his bite." Ozwald chuckled, but in the end obliged to his lovers request. 

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.421c9b998b34b86b1e2b0b57fbdf4313.PNG
CD: 3(Failure)

Ozwald placed the slightly annoyed chicken lizard hybrid down looking it dead in the eyes "Attack Ryoto" Ozwald said more serious than he normally was. In response to the command that Ozwald gave all the bird did was tilt its head before laying back down. "You know I think Ryoto might be dumber than either of his two parts." Ozwald was fine with making fun of his own pet, it was other people who weren't allowed to insult the cute birdie. Ozwald looked at Val, he was glad that the two had met.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

" I doubt a creature able to survive underground would be dumb." Valentine was having a wide assortment of ideas going into his mind. The familiar training could be influenced by environment, trainer moods, as well as the creature distinct temperament. Sherry would not even let Val tame her under normal circumstances. Let alone be trained so easily. The cobra was a tad mysterious. Val could not even what it would take for Ryoto to be helpful.

Valentine had a furrow in his brow as he thought deeply. He grabbed at Grimm's feet while in thought. Spoiling his lover was a personal favorite past time. He was giving his sleepy man a foot message as he stayed deep in contemplation. Valentine would spend moments like this to touch his mate while making it seem natural. He was spoiling and being spoiled at the same time. His multi tasking abilities were improving in time. As long as he did not look directly at Grimm's chest he could even think properly.

He came out of his haze of thoughts to see Grimm looking at him. "Like what you see?" He gave his heart a beaming smile, content and happy even while it was cold.

Edited by Valentine

"Of course I like what I see luv" Ozwald replied to the strong man on the couch beside him. "Hmmm lets see, maybe we don't have them attack each other, but instead set up dummies outside for them to practice on" Ozwald said sighing deeply, it was probably a good idea but getting up was both a complete and total pain, but it was also plain annoying. Either way Ozwald scooped his bird up setting him back down before getting up. "I am going to go get dressed." Ozwald winked at Val before sauntering back to his room.

Ozwald didn't leave val waiting for very long before he came back out wearing clothes that were warm enough that being out in the snow wouldn't be a problem for him. Ozwald picked back up Ryoto from where he curled up on the floor, bundling him up in his arms. Ozwald waited for Val to get dressed as well.

Valentine spaced out like an idiot while Grimm went to change. His mind was not completely blank as he was thinking about the natural facilities of the place. The place had a plot on it that was cleared of trees and created Ice Slimes. It was a decent place for training and polishing skills. He figured they could use the slimes to help train the pets.

It did not take long for Grimm to come back. Val finally noticed that he did not change out of his pajamas, while Grimm was ready. Val could have simply equipped his outfit over his clothes he just thought it would not be fun. He could be embarrassed by things but he would not chicken out when it came to Grimm. He looked Grimm in the eyes as he took off his shirt he started to talk as well. "I figured we could use the smaller slimes on the slime grounds. They could be sufficient enough for our needs." He took his pants off as well. He hid the embarrassment in his heart as best as he could, as to try and make his actions seem normal. He slowly went through his option before putting on a vanity winter set.

"Also, I am not as good with the cold as you are. You should hold my hand so it can stay warm." He held out his palm as Sherry misted over to wrap around his arm.

Ozwald smiled, the man before him could be an odd mix of both incredibly bashful and extremely confident. Watching the man before him get changed was a fun little past time and Ozwald was sure he wanted to watch that again soon. Ozwald grabbed Val's hand smiling "That is a likely excuse." Ozwald said before getting onto his tiptoes pecking Val on the cheek. "Shall we go outside?" Ozwald led the man to the area that had been cleared out to spawn small slimes that could help boost experience gain.

"Well I guess what would be best is we have Ryoto attack the slimes, and then see if Sherry can heal them, then repeat?" Ozwald phrased the statement more as a question in order to see what his lover's opinion on the matter was. Ozwald let his bundle of feathers fall into the snow, to its immediate displeasure. Ozwald smiled it was fun to tease the small cat sized cockatrice.

Valentine did not get Sherry off his arm. The snake squeezed tighter when he tried. It was as if the cobra was a mortal enemy to the winter wonderland around him. Not that he could blame the snake, he was freezing as well. "We could try that out. At the moment Sherry does not feel like moving. Snakes are not the best with the cold."

Valentine moved to wrap his arms around Grimm from the back. He was cold and believed using Grimm as a warm water bottle was a good idea. Val nuzzled his face into Grimm's hair as the white snow fell around them. It was a feeling of serenity that reminded Val how his life improved from having Grimm in it. Even as the snow piled on his back he did not bother to move. His breath on the side of Grimm's neck. He was going to clench his teeth and bare the cold instead of running back inside.

A warm feeling travelled to his body that made him relax. He was confused until he realized the training meter on Sherry went up. The cobra had used the healing ability on Val even while he was uninjured. The sensation warmed him up instead of moving his status bar.

Spoiler

176727 3 12 19 10 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Familiar Training 2020-11-04 15:07:21

CD: 12 (Training Successful) 1/3 training moments

Edited by Valentine
Spoiler

image.png.e01058f6096e1e43d586109d776a3be1.png
CD: 5(Failure)

Ozwald was happy to have the warmth of his lover behind him, it was a nice feeling, but he couldn't help but tease the younger male "Is that a dagger in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Ozwald knew it was cliche, and the reference wasn't accurate but it was funny to him nonetheless. Ozwald bent over with val still behind him picking back up the small bird reptile from his hole in the snow. Ryoto perched on Ozwald's arm like a falcon would for those people who train falcons, falconers. "Attack Ryoto" Ozwald commanded gesturing toward one of the small ice slimes that was meandering about slowly around the small cleared out space. Instead of flying out and attacking, all that the cockatrice on his forearm did was squawk at Ozwald and tilt its head. Ozwald sighed, this would take longer than either of them had anticipated.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

A hiss escaped Valentine's lips as Grimm bent over. Val knew he was being teased and was not an outright fan. He contemplated for a second before he lowered his face to Grimm's ear. "Not a dagger but a spear. I suggest being careful as it would be happy to meet you. You just may not be ready for that." He refused to be beaten at this particular round of flirtation.

He straightened up like nothing happened with a devilish shit eating grin on his face. "Instead of just telling it to attack maybe a different type of command will work better. Even a demonstration of sorts. I mean I would not complain if you tried to attack me at the moment. Maybe Ryoto could learn a thing or two from it." Val had to remember to keep his hands from being frisky. They were outside in front of the familiars.

Ozwald enjoyed the comment that Val made, he liked the fact that Val was as much of a flirt as he was. "Oh a spear?" Ozwald said turning around wrapping his arms around Valentine's neck "Maybe someone will have to give me a lesson sometime." Ozwald winked before kissing Val and jumping away his fists raised. "A duel? I don't mind testing my skills, maybe we can show Ryoto how it is done." Ozwald wanted to see how good Val could be in a pure brawl, no sword arts, no weapons, just fists. "How about a simple fist match eh? No weapons, no sword arts?" Ozwald had trained in mixed martial arts on and off for a few years with the woman who was his best friend before this game. Ozwald stood ready, his stance light, if Val didn't know how to fight like this he would teach him, and if he did then it would be a fun duel.

Valentine believed he had the cutest lover in all of Aincrad. Just by being around the man did he actually feel even grateful for playing. "Sure. I have no qualms about a friendly bout. You have an advantage in the snow. I will  refrain from holding it against you at the present moment. It would be tedious to do this for nothing. We raise the stakes and the winner gets one thing from the loser."

Being a young tycoon meant Val was kidnapped on more than one occasion. He may have had trained guard it did not mean he neglected his training. If physical ability translated before the constraints of stats he would have been a lot better at the game. The lower level stats hindered his natural movement and abilities. Valentine honestly believed if he picked up Martial Arts as a skill his ease of use would have left Grimm shocked.

"Since I brought it up. I would be remiss if I did not allow you the privilege of first strike."

"A wager you say? And what would you get if you win?" Ozwald was interested in the wager that Val had offered him, what would he ask for though? Ozwald figured that his lover would be insulted if he went at all easy on him, so Ozwald decided that he would fight all out and hope that Valentine could keep up.

Ozwald rolled forward only a mere moment after his question had escaped his lips, rolling in the snow wasn't as easy as one would expect, but it still worked in his favor. Ozwald came out of his roll into a crouch, one where he spun with his leg outstretched, sweeping Val off his feet in another way. As soon as Ozwald's lover found himself in the snow on his back Ozwald pounced straddling his hips with his legs, leaning over him "You admit defeat yet?" Ozwald asked knowing full well that this fight was not over. He just enjoyed the position that the pair was in.

Valentine did not answer when Grimm asked him what he would want. Instead he rubbed his nose in an odd way. When the fight started Val was full of confidence. Now he was having a hard time showing his true worth. The snow was triggering his shivering reflex. He was not fully prepared when Grimm attack. His lover was a lot faster then he originally thought. He could not help but wonder if Grimm would hold back as to not embarrass him often.

When he found himself on the ground a sharp rock dug into his back. He did not complain about it as the view and sensations he felt was staggering. He could not help the reaction that his body made, nor could he stop his hands from feeling a few places. Val reached up with his right hand before sharply turning his body. He made an effort to throw of Grimm. 

Valentine made a mental command of Sherry to heal him. The cobra retreated to inside her sigil when the bout started. Inside the blissful warm feeling returned taking the slight bit of damage away. "I cannot admit defeat when I would much rather be on top."

Spoiler

176805 10 7 8 9 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Familiar Training 2020-11-04 19:49:47

CD: 7 (Training Successful) 2/3 training moments

Edited by Valentine
Spoiler

image.png.75254076e6fca39772cbd86b55680a09.png
CD: 9(success)

Ozwald did not let his lover take the position on top, but he definitely didn't try to stop him. Ozwald enjoyed having the man on top of him. Ozwald thought it might be a bit risque being held down, a stronger man on top of him. "Hmmm I think I must agree Luv. You need to be like this more often." Ozwald would never stop teasing Val, it didn't matter what circumstances they found themselves in, he would always take the chance 

Ozwald could hear a squawking come from behind the two prone men, knowing that it was Ryoto to the rescue. The small bird pecked at Val's shoes, not doing any real damage but distracting Val enough for him to flip them over again. Ozwald held Val's hands above his head and looked into his eyes. "Although this does have a nice feeling to it." Ozwald said before kissing the man and getting up. "you admit defeat yet?" Ozwald asked again, not thinking he would back down for even a second.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

Valentine did not say anything as he stared off for a second. He made up his mind and made a snowball with his hands. He tossed the projectile at his mate. While rolling to make another to toss at Ryoto. He had no qualms about pelting them both. If needed to play the bad guy then he easily would. Training did not have to be a dull affair for all four of them. Sherry was responding to Valentine's training well. She responded to the wish Val had in his heart as long as Grimm was involved. He could see why since the man was unknowingly the catalyst behind the achievement of his pet.

"Even if I could admit defeat. I would not do so unless you asked me nicely. That or give me a prize of my own." At this point Val would not mind admitting defeat. He had taken ample liberties with Grimm's body. It would not hurt for him to yield to the owner of his heart.

"A prize of your own you say?" Ozwald sauntered up to the man he loved "How does this work?" He asked right before pulling the taller man down into a deep kiss, one that lasted far longer than any that they had shared previously. After Ozwald was done giving Valentine his "Prize" he walked away back towards his pet who had recently been pelted with a snowball. Ozwald bent down, making sure that Val was watching as he also made a snowball, turning around to throw it directly at Val, hitting him square in the chest. Ozwald laughed Heartily, he loved the snow, there was so much fun that could be had in the wintery landscape. He was really glad that Val had invited him to move here with him, it was  a very nice place to live. Ozwald watched his partner waiting to see how the man would retaliate, if he would at all.