[PP][F02] <<Let There be Light>> Date Night with Valentine

Ozwald had signed up for the Date Night event before he had even met Valentine, but he couldn't help but feel bad. Valentine was the love of Ozwald's life and he would do nothing to ever break that bond. Despite his feelings Ozwald couldn't just avoid the day, It had been in the making for a few weeks, and he had made a promise to the person he would be meeting when he agreed to the blind date event. Ozwald would stay, and he would wait for the person who he was signed up to meet with. 

Ozwald had decided that he would wait for the other half of this so called date, and he would explain to them that this wasn't that and that he was just looking for more people to talk to in Aincrad. Ryoto was wit Ozwald today, currently curled up by the chair that Ozwald was sitting in, basking in the warm sun that the second floor was offering to them. The day was perfect for a date, and Ozwald wished that he could be spending the time with Valentine, but that wasn't going to be an option.

Spoiler

Name: Grimm Reaper
Level: 24
HP: 480/480
EN: 48/48

Stats:
Damage: 11
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Soul Devourer(tier 1/Perfect/Hand Wraps)[DAM 3]
Armor: Death's Shroud(Tier 1/Perfect/Light Armor)[EVA 1][REC 2]
Misc: Damned Souls(Tier 1/perfect/trinket)[ACC 3]

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
Hiding [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter [Rank 1]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*3
[T1]Health potions(rare)(+40 HP)*5
[T1]Damage potion(uncommon)(+1 DAM)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Hiding): +1 Rank to the Hiding skill.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

Valentine believed he had a decent memory. Which meant only a few things were able to slip through the cracks. Like the fact that he signed up for a date night thanks to a friend. It happened a long time ago and he did not even remember it enough to take his name of the list. The only reason he showed was to turn his date down no matter who they were. He would not risk the relationship he had with Grimm for anyone.

Valentine walked into the place with confidence. He was wearing the marker he was told to wear as his identification. His date would have a similar one as to identify him. As he got to the predetermined location he was surprised as shock then a smile spread across his face. The person with the identifier was no one else besides his actual current lover. Most people would have been suspicious to find their lover at a dating event. Val believed and trusted Grimm enough to not be worried about it. He made sure to speak loudly as he approached. "I came with the intent to turn this blind date I forgot about down. Who knew fate would work so strangely? I guess this is not bad at all. The guy is really my type."

Spoiler

Name: Valentine

• Level: 17
  • HP: 340/340
  • EN: 34/34

Stats:

• Damage: 10
  • ACC:3
  • EVV:2
  • MIT:5

Equipped Gear:

• Weapon: <<Dastardly Poker>> ( +3 DMG/2HAS)
  • Armor: <<Cloudskin>> ( +2 EV, +1 Regen/Light Armor)
  • Trinket: <Eye of Horus>> ( +3 ACC/Pin)

Items on hand:

• Debuff Crystal- Hypnosis (II), Lullaby (I) (ID:172666)

Skills:

• 2 Handed Assault Spear [Rank 4]
  • Light Armor [Rank 1]

Valentine | HP:340/340 | EN: 34/34 | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Ozwald looked up at the sound of his lover's voice surprised to see him here on this blind "date" that he had signed up for before he had met Valentine. A smile crept onto Ozwald's face, he had just been thinking about how he would rather be spending the day with Valentine than some random person that he had not met. "Ah, I don't know about mine, he seems kind of shady." Ozwald teased his lover standing up to walk closer to him, wrapping his arms around the taller man's waist. "It is really nice to see you luv." Ozwald only let go of Valentine when the hug had probably gone on too long for all of the people watching them.

"Shall we?" Ozwald gestured to the table that he was previously sitting at pulling out a chair for Valentine to sit at. Ozwald went around the table to sit opposite his companion. Ozwald stared dreamily at the man opposite him, he was glad he was his surprise date, and he didn't care at all about why he had wound up coming to a blind date today anyways.

Valentine chuckled as he took a seat. His lover referring to him as shady did not hurt at all. Valentine was glad that the couple had ample communication. "It is really nice to see you as well my heart." He did not mind the people watching them. His skin had long grown to thick to care about such things. It was no longer an inner demon of his. He would have no qualms if Grimm wanted to make out in front of a crowd.

"We shall." Valentine sat across from his date and made eyes as well. He grabbed at Grimm's hand. Feeling the soft yet firmness of his mate. His put the hand close to his mouth before giving it a kiss. As if a night was paying allegiance to royalty. He placed the hand back on the table, as to avoid embarrassing Grimm further. "You should order for me this time. I trust your recommendation would be good."

Ozwald wasn't the greatest with public shows of affection, the act of showing that he loved Valentine was something that he loved, but he preferred showing it in the privacy of there home, though he would never say no to something Valentine wanted to do. Ozwald was lost in thought until Valentine's last statement telling him to order for them. Ozwald had never been to this restaurant before and had absolutely no idea what would be good here. 

Ozwald looked at the menu, pretending to ponder over what what would be the best thing to order here, the place wasn't some big fancy restaurant, it was more of a small homey place. Looking it over Ozwald decided on a very simple food, one that no one could say they didn't like. When the waiter came around Ozwald ordered them a plain cheese pizza. "I hope that suits your tastes." Ozwald told his lover, pizza was an amazing food, and sharing it with someone special made it even better.

"Cheese pizza is great. Did you know I did not have cheese pizza till I was 15? My dad described it as a low class food that people of our status did not have time for. Imagine my surprise when I found out how tasty it was. I was even more shocked when I ate it a second time and found out that I did not need utensils." Valentine laughed as he recalled the old memories. They often seemed so different and distant compared to his time now. It was like he was an observer in his own previous life.

Valentine was glad he showed up instead of being rude. It crossed his mind multiple times. "My father could be a downright butthole. Still his restrictive way of raising me made me who I am today. It even got me to meet an amazing man. So I guess it worked out so far."

Ozwald smiled at the story from his lover, they had come from two very different worlds, Where Ozwald was loved by his family with shows of great affection and spending time with them, Valentine's family seemed to have shown there's in a much different way to say the least. "Well I am glad they raised you how you are, I like the man I see before me." Ozwald meant the words that he spoke to Valentine, so far through their relationship Ozwald was surprisingly happy, almost as if this death game weren't so much of a game, but more of a life. 

Ozwald and Valentine had a lovely dinner together, the food may not have been classy, but that is what Ozwald preferred he didn't like big fancy restaurants he liked  ones that were small and homey, but no matter where they were sharing his time with Valentine was more than enough for Ozwald.

Light conversation that at times was cheesier than the food they ate helped pass the time along. Enjoying the time spent with Grimm felt understated. It was often as if he truly felt alive in the time that he was with Grimm. He was no longer just a player in a game. He was a person living his life and growing as well.

Valentine paid for the meal and held out his hand when done. Even if Grimm wanted to pay for something it would be harder for him. Valentine was used to being a rich heir and paying for stuff. It was rare that he allowed other people to buy for him. He would put up a fight if they did. "We can go for a walk now. Virtual calories could be dangerous, right?" Valentine was asking in a playful and seductive tone. He was fishing for a reason to touch his man. The walk was just an excuse.

Ozwald graciously accepted his offer of a walk "Don't want to get virtually fat after all." Ozwald laughed grabbing the man's hand and started to head off into the town that was on the second floor. The pair walked around town while just talking for what was a surprisingly long time, a few hours had passed of the two of them just talking. Ozwald was really glad to be spending time with Valentine, this was the man that he absolutely adored being around after all. 

The pair's walk was cut off by a woman who was seemingly very distraught coming up to them. The woman was crying grabbing onto Ozwald "Please, Please you have to help me. Please" Ozwald could barely tell what the woman was talking about. "What's wrong?" OZwald asked the lady, turning to face Valentine with a worried expression. "My Daughter, she. . . I can't find her, I think she went exploring in the cave nearby. I'm so worried that cave is dangerous." Ozwald looked back down at the lady sobbing in his arms "We will find her I promise."

The bravery that Grimm was showing was really cool. Valentine always assumed himself the cool one but when Grimm showed his manliness he was radiant. Valentine would have accepted the quest to help out as it was only the second floor. Unless a monster mutated he doubted he could not handle it. The fact that Grimm agreed to it meant he was going. Valentine knew he would follow his man into the bowls of hell.

The cave was not big. Squeaking sounds could be heard from the inside. It took Valentine a moment to remember where he had heard squeaks like this. At a weaker point in his life he was almost done in by cave bats. The noises coming out of the cave was similar. "I can hear the sounds of bats be careful." Valentine lowered his spear and went forward. The cave was darker than what he was used to. He pressed his way forward eager to get back to his date.

Ozwald followed Valentine into the cave, it was definitely very dark, and he could hear the bats off in the distance. The cave was not only very dark, it was also very cold. Ozwald was used to the cold damp and wet environments of his home, so this was nothing to him, but he couldn't imagine that Valentine was having a good time with it. Ozwald decided that he would take the lead, he had more health so taking a few hits wouldn't be as much of an issue for him as it would be for Valentine, if things did happen to go wrong. Ozwald passed by Val walking in front of him to make sure that he was safe, the sounds of the bats getting ever closer and closer. "I think that they are just around this corner." Ozwald informed Valentine listening intently to the sounds of the bats that they would be combatting.

Knowing your partner is stronger than you and accepting them being in danger are different concepts. Even if the monsters were weak, Val would only allow Grimm to be in danger after his body shattered. "Sweet of you to take the lead but I am not putting you in danger. After the opening charge secure the child then attack."

That was as much of a warning that Val gave as he dashed out to one of the large bats. They were circling around the child as if the child were a snack. Valentine came out of nowhere as his spear tip lodged into one of the bats. A swift movement and his spear made an arc slamming it into the ground. The other bat wasted no time as it attacked Valentine from behind. His balance was slightly thrown of as the hit connected.  He slid into range of the other bat that swiped at him. "Scheherazade" Valentine said his familiar name as the sigil gave a soft glow. The white smoke covered the damaged area on his back healing the damage.

Spoiler

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
177407 5 7 8 8 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Might Charge on Giant Bat 2 2020-11-10 11:39:55

5 - 1 + 3 = 7 (hit) = 10 * 4 = 40 DMG

177408 2 10 16 8 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Giant Bat 1 attack val 2020-11-10 11:43:39

MD: 8 + 1 - 2 = 7 (hit) =  20 - 5 = 15 DMG

177409 8 3 7 8 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Giant Bat 2 attacks Val 2020-11-10 11:46:39

MD: 8 + 1 - 2 = 7 (hit) =  20 - 5 = 15 DMG

Valentine activates Familiar Rank 1 healing skill

Grimm Reaper | HP:480/480 | EN:48/48 | DMG:11 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | REC:2

Valentine | HP:325/340 (-30, + 15) | EN: 30/34 (-4)| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Giant Bat 1 | HP:50/50 | DMG: 20 | Hate: Grimm - 0, Val - 0

Giant Bat 2 | HP:10/50 | DMG: 20 | Hate: Grimm - 0, Val -1

Edited by Valentine
Spoiler

image.png.f3cd5084dc391c9ec9fc57484bc1980c.png
BD #1: 2 + 3 - 1 = 4(Miss)

BD #2: 5 + 3 - 1 = 7(Hit) 7 | 11 * 6 = 66

Grimm Reaper | HP:480/480 | EN:40/48 (-8) | DMG:11 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | REC:2
Valentine | 
HP:325/340 | EN: 30/34 | DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Giant Bat 1 | HP:50/50 | DMG: 20 | Hate: Grimm - 0, Val - 0
Giant Bat 2 | 
HP:0/50 | DMG: 20 | Hate: Grimm - 1, Val -1

Ozwald felt Valentine brush past him fairly recklessly and shook his head, he loved his headstrong lover, but even on the first floor you should be careful. Anything could happen and a powerful creature could appear anywhere. Ozwald wasn't going to let Valentine fight alone, not if he had anything to do with it. 

Ozwald was not more than fifteen seconds behind Valentine's charge. Turning the corner Ozwald saw that Valentine was protecting the child that they were looking for, from two very large bats that seemingly wanted this child for dinner. Not hesitating for a moment longer Ozwald leaped himself into the air spinning in a full three sixty spin that brought his foot spinning by the first bat, missing by not even a hair, and slamming into the side of the second bat. When Ozwald's foot met the second bat it exploded into the normal blue explosion signalling that the bat had been killed. There was only one bat left, and Val could easily deal with it.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

Valentine reminded himself that he cared for his lover dearly. The fact that he rushed into hear to protect him was admirable. It was just he had the chance to sneak up and knock out the first bat. Instead, his man revealed himself missing the first bat completely, and killed the one his brutally injured. It would mean Val would have to expend more effort on the bat that was full of health.

"Maximum effort." Valentine spoke to himself before leaping in the air to deliver a kick of his own. He followed up with another before letting his spear do the talking. The bat did not stand a chance as the health dropped quickly. The bat shattered into a myriad of shards before disappearing. "It is time we start getting the kid out the cave." The small child was shivering in fright at the sight of the two men. It was barely discernable in the darkness of the cave.

Spoiler

177425 9 1 19 3 Valentine Msg_hover2.png <<Revolve Arts>> on Giant Bat 2020-11-10 16:36:19

BD: 9 -1 + 3 = hit = 10 * 5 = 50 DMG

Grimm Reaper | HP:480/480 | EN:40/48 | DMG:11 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | REC:2
Valentine | HP:330/340 (+5)| EN: 26/34 (+1 , - 5)| DMG:10 | MIT: 5 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | REGEN: 1

Giant Bat 1 | HP:0/50 | DMG: 20 | Hate: Grimm - 0, Val - 0
Giant Bat 2 | HP:0/50 | DMG: 20 | Hate: Grimm - 1, Val -1

Edited by Valentine

"Yes, Let's get her out of here." Ozwald slowly walked up to the child that was shivering in the middle of the cave, making sure to be as non threatening as possible. "Hey, we are here to take you back to your mommy." Ozwald bent down stretching out his arm for the child to take his hand. Ozwald began leading the small frightened child of the cave that was once home to a pair of giant bats.

The floor outside of the cave was now surprisingly bright, after coming out of the dark cave the light from the digital sun was much stronger than what it would have normally been. "Let's take her back to her mom, Okay?" Ozwald asked his lover who had followed them out of the cave. After receiving confirmation the now trio started walking in the direction of the settlement that the mom lived in. Taking the Child to her mother was a joyous occasion. The child ran crying to the mother, where they embraced and went on their way.

Valentine followed them back carefully. He brought up the rear to make sure nothing was able to sneak up behind them inside the cave. If the girl perished the quest would be considered a failure. The loss of rewards for such a quest was trivial. It was the loss to prestige that Valentine felt would be the real detriment. Valentine believed the system had a hidden feature that influenced quests and the like based on previous pass and fail record. He had know way of proving it but it logically made sense.

"I just noticed. You are pretty good with kids. You were also chosen to get Ryoto first as you were good with animals. Then you tamed me. Do you have some sort of hidden skill?" Valentine was teasing his beloved as they dropped off the child. Valentine felt like it made sense for Grimm to be able to do amazing things. The man was awesome so it was only right that great things happened to him.

"Ha, I wouldn't call myself good with kids." Ozwald laughed rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "But I worked at a zoo, before this." Ozwald was a zoology major before he had picked up this game, and as part of his learning he had decided to start volunteering at his local zoo. "Well I am glad that the kid is safe at the very least. Sorry to derail our date, where were we?" Ozwald asked his lover wanting to go back to the amazing date that he and Ozwald were on prior to this. Ozwald reached out and took Valentine's hand, starting to drag him off in order to go back to their walk, or start to head home, whichever one fancied the pair after they started walking. Ozwald was glad that he had been able to help the child, he was worried that he wasn't going to be able to deliver the good news the mother was looking for.

Valentine did not say a word as a smile painted his face. The laughter was kept in his heart as he thought about Grimm treating children like animals. It would not really be wrong to do so. Maybe a tad bit immoral but who was Val to judge. As long as his heart treated others, well he believed the intentions behind Grimm's actions was just as noble.

"We can walk around for a bit more before heading back. Then you can show me some new martial arts moves back at the house. If not you can show me how well you can handle an animal." Valentine gave a wide smile showing teeth this time. He looked a bit more beast like. "I am teasing mostly. We can check out some jewelry shops. We can see if I can get you something pretty." Valentine did manage to save a little bit of funding back up. It was not a lot as the estate costed him a fortune. He still believed he could afford his baby something nice.

"How about I buy you something nice, and then thank me for it later?" Ozwald winked at his lover, he loved teasing him back and forth like this, it made him feel nice on the inside. Ozwald was already holding Valentine's hand so he just started walking forward. He hadn't spent much time on the second floor, but it couldn't be that hard to find a shop to buy valentine a nice gift at. 

Ozwald's intuition had been right it had not taken more than another fifteen minutes of walking before they had found a shop. "I want to treat you to something special, so you wait out here while I buy you a gift." Ozwald walked into the shop, full of jewelry and other odds and ends that could be worn to make oneself look prettier. Looking for a few minutes Ozwald found something perfect for Valentine. Buying it Ozwald walked out giving the man a wrapped box.

Patience was one of the few virtues Valentine had manage to obtain. It was why he felt odd when Grimm left him momentarily. While patient he could be anxious at times. The thought of his heart being in the wrong place at the wrong time filled him with nerves. It was why when Grimm returned he considered that more of a present than anything else his lover could gift. He accepted the gift before returning one of his own. A deep and passionate kiss for all to see.

Valentine stopped as he did not want Grimm to punch him in embarrassment. The man had a strong fist and while a embarrassment punch would not kill him, it would hurt a lot. "We will continue this conversation at home instead." Valentine wanted to continue but knew the time and place was important. He grabbed his lovers hand and left for their own domain. Valentine did wonder if they actually met on this date, instead of before through the guild, would they have still gotten together? The answer was already deeply known in his heart.

LD Col Bonus Roll:

Spoiler

177740 1 7 6 6 Valentine Msg_hover2.png Let There Be Light Col quest roll 2020-11-13 12:58:28

Rewards:

Grimm- 4 SP (2 quest, 1 page, 1 event), 450 C0l (150 Quest, 300 Page)

Valentine- 4 SP (2 quest, 1 page, 1 event), 250 C0l (150 Quest, 100 Page)

Edited by Valentine