[SP-F1] You’ve Gotta Start Somewhere (The First Few Lessons Are Free) <<Completed>>

Ferox walked back to the town, disappointed, but ready to get the rest of the quest over with, it can’t be that hard right? He sighed, as he made his way through the tall grasses onto a cleared path, one that is used by players frequently, as monsters don’t typically spawn on it. The town was close now, maybe half a kilometer, as he could see the cities imposing walls and towers from where he stood, along with the great gate he departed from earlier in the afternoon. What a strange world, to think just a few months ago, something like this would be completely unheard of, and you would have been called crazy, but now? Being held hostage in a virtual fantasy world doesn’t sound quite so crazy. 

He passed through the gates, and a sense of ease comforted him. He was still alive, though he feels he needs to be more cautious. What if he was seen by a monster, or another player out there? He could be dead.

Either way, now it was time to finish this and go to bed. The streets were pretty much deserted at this out, the streetlamps illuminating the tiled roads with soft warm lights, proving sight to those who dare be sketchy enough to walk the roads during nightfall. The buildings all around him told a different story, their lights jaded or off entirely, ensuring the more reasonable individuals a rather restful night, but even in the dark, Ferox could make out the distinct silhouette of Zachariah’s homestead.

Ferox entered the familiar abode, and was greeted with the same smell that burned his nose and watered his eyes. As he approached, Zachariah started up:

“Ah welcome back! I see you have those materials, now let’s make a potion.” Zachariah said with a warm smile. Ferox started with a sigh.

“Great. Alchemy, my favorite.” Ferox grumbled, a hint of obvious sarcasm in his voice.

“That’s the spirit, my friend!” Zachariah responded. “Now, how about we get started.”

Ferox rolled his eyes, then nodded. He went up to the table where Zachariah told him to be, and began following the instructions. Ferox went through a tedious process of mixing and mashing various materials he gathered until he ended up with a vial of sparkling red liquid.

“Congratulations, you did it!” Zachariah approved, that same warm smile on his face.

“Thanks.” Kade remarked.

“Hmm… I’m afraid I do need your assistance once again, my friend.”

“Oh great, I was hoping I could keep working.” sighed Kade as he quickly deposited his newly crafted potion into his inventory. There was a brief silence before he resumed.

“So… what do you want?” Kade continued, looking back up.

“I need you to deliver something, a package, to a local blacksmith named Lyle Tealeaf.” Zachariah said, clasping his hands together.

“Alright, just give it to me.” Kade responded reaching out one of his hands. Zachariah handed him a small parcel which quickly disappeared into his inventory. Kade turned around and began walking away, and Zachariah chimed in.

“Thank you… I might need help again soon enough, and maybe you will return to lend another generous hand.” Zachariah praised.

“...god I sure hope not.” Kade mumbled as he left Zachariah’s shop.

Spoiler

ID# 177834 results:

Craft: 7 | Success

The night air was mild, not too hot and not too cold, but a slight breeze made it feel colder. The moonlit sky shone down upon the town, encompassing all in a faint white glow, though not quite as illuminating as the streetlamps he passed that dotted the road every so often. For a moment or two,Kade reflected on his day as he made his way to Lyle’s workshop. He was still alive, and that is what mattered most. He wandered through the fields and forests of floor one, even in darkness and was unscathed, and he even managed to get what he was there for. He was one step closer to getting out of here, and he knew it. Unconsciously, a faint smile spread across his face as he thought, just maybe, he stood a chance. 

He yawned, wanting nothing more then to finish up this quest and get some rest. He then stopped for a moment, as he noticed the large building he had come to. It had blacksmithing tools out front along with a forge. This has to be the place.

He entered the workshop, looking around for any sign of life.

“Hello?” Kade called out into the room.

An old man emerged from behind the counter wearing a blacksmithing apron. He looked over and gave a smile, similar to Zachariah’s.

“Hello, and welcome to Lyle’s workshop.” The man said warmly, leaning over the table.

“Yeah, hi, I have a package from Zachariah, I’m supposed to give it to Lyle.” Kade asked.

“Splendid, hand it here, would you?” The man responded.

“Wait are... are you Lyle?” Kade asked, a mild expression of confusion across his face. The old man nodded.

”I- Your and eighty something old man, and your name is Lyle Tealeaf?” Kade asked again for confirmation. The man nodded again. Kade stared blankly at Lyle for a moment before speaking.

”I guess I need to be more open minded.” Kade added, handing over the parcel he was carrying.

“Thank you, now that you’re here I could use your help.” Lyle said as a new menu had popped up in front of Kade, it read;

Would you like to start the quest “The Second Lesson, Is Also Free”?

Kade let out a long drawn out sigh that lasted a good seven seconds or so before speaking once again.

“...god dammit.”

Rewards -

Skill Points (x4)

Tier One Health Potion (x5)

Tier One Damage Potion (x1) (Buffs DMG +1)

Tier One Overheal Potion (x1) (Lasts a full thread)

Edited by Ferox
Adding rewards