[PP|F9] <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 9: the Ruby Hatchling>> Smaug's Demise

<<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 9: the Ruby Hatchling>>

And with the eighth dragon down, a single one remained stopping them from reaching the castle. It felt like it had been a while much too long, even if it was just two days of action and one more of resting and sitting by idly. "Ready to get moving to the last one?", Chase asked his rapidly levelling companion, taking pride in all of the assistance that he had been able to provide his newfound friend to absolutely flatten the levelling curve from this early a level.

1604234092_ChaseDBPHappy.png.67a66e27c2368406e70af1b7d2ba4b77.pngAt this rate, he himself had also gained a fair few levels since they started- around three or four, at the very least. He honestly didn't remember, but that was due to all the content he did his best to churn through all day, all night, every single day until he reached the maximum. Only then he would be satisfied, really. "This one's going to be a hot floor, so you might not enjoy it if you're not properly invested in your skills. Survival will help you endure the heat better, otherwise it might feel overbearing.", he explained to Ozwald as the two stepped on the teleporter, waiting to hear his response before he'd take the initiative and make them go right off to the next and final floor before their very last test.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 77
HP: 1570/1570
EN: 154/154

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:78
VAMP DEF:78
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 4]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl

Battle Ready Inventory:
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Ozwald didn't have the skill that Chase was talking about, but he was generally someone who could persevere through anything with will power "I think I can manage just fine." Ozwald replied to Chase. In saying this Ozwald joined Chase on the teleport platform and they teleported themselves to the ninth floor, where they would face off against the ninth and final dragon before the castle. "This one is the last one, and then we can go see what this castle is worth. You ready?" Ozwald was asking Chase if he was ready, but he already knew that his companion could do these quests completely solo if that was what he wanted to do, and didn't really need him along. Ozwald was surprised by the heat on the ninth floor, sure he knew it would be hot, but this was more stifling than even he could imagine, but he wouldn't let it show that it was getting to him.

Spoiler

Name: Grimm Reaper
Level: 28
HP: 560/560
EN: 56/56

Stats:
Damage: 14
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Razor's Edge(Tier 2/Perfect/Handwraps)[Bleed 2][ACC 1]
Armor: Rogue's Gambit(Tier 2/Perfect/Light Armor)[EVA 1][REC 2]
Misc: Two Sided Coin(TIer 1/Perfect/Trinket)[ACC 2][EVA 1]

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
Hiding [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter [Rank 2]

Mods:
Martial Arts Finesse [Rank 3]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*3
[T1]Health potions(rare)(+40 HP)*5
[T1]Damage potion(uncommon)(+1 DAM)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Hiding): +1 Rank to the Hiding skill.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

The comment of confidence was funny enough to Chase on its own. He knew that Grimm would be fine, but the matter was- could he actually handle it without a decrease to his stats, or not? Because that's the main issue- all the damage he might take while on the floor, and his stats that will potentially get lowered as he gets more and more worn out from the heat.

402024577_ChaseDBPAwkwardSilent.png.986e3cd1babf3027991654a15276ff36.png"H-Huh, I see... I thought since you played more games, you'd know that some areas give you negative effects if you don't have certain skills or conditions... The skills just happen to be part of the conditions this time around. NIGHT said so at least.", he quietly muttered, mostly to himself, as he remembered about the teachings of the older and more experienced player, even if the only difference between them was a few levels even at this point. He was catching up with everyone so quickly, there would soon be very few on par with him in terms of level- in terms of experience though, he still had tons to go. If only levelling up was the only catch, then he'd be a god with ease- like hell though. "I'm excited for the weapon at the end of the castle honestly. You too?"

Ozwald opened up his menu when Chase brought up that he might lose stats unless he had the proper skills, opening up his character screen "It doesn't seem like I am losing anything stats wise, at least not right now but things might change as we go higher up the mountain." Ozwald confirmed what he thought and informed Chase of those findings. Ozwald looked at the information from the broker again to make sure that the pair were facing the right way. "I think the dragon is this way." Ozwald said started to walk in the direction that the broker said the dragon hatchling could be found. "You must hate this floor, with you being frost themed and all?" Ozwald both stated and asked Chase at the same time. So far it seemed like his blue haired companion enjoyed the floors with colder climates and hated the ones with hotter climates.

That wasn't wrong- the heat would just get worse the higher they got. "I think the dragon's over there too...", he grumbled in unison with his question, raising his head and turning to look over at Grimm as he continued to walk alongside his partner, not staying far behind in any case that the hatchling showed up earlier than expected.

1566344229_ChaseDBPDefault.png.636535dbb30cbe61cf58f715511413fd.png"Well... I just prefer the cold, it's not a 'theme'.", he tried to clarify first and foremost about his preferences when it came to looks, swords and armors. It all just happened to be relating around frost- it wasn't intentional. At least on Chase's behalf. "As for the floor... No, I don't mind it as much. It's hot but Survival makes it bearable- unlike the desert. The desert is full of sand and heat and annoyances. This floor is more rocky, you can get around easily and the heat is bearable with Survival- there's no sand and the like. I hate the desert because it's a desert, not because it's hot. It being hot just makes it even worse.", the blueberry finished his monologue, sighing heavily and crossing both arms as the two continued down- or rather up, the path.

Ozwald laughed after Chase's lengthy explanation about the differences between a desert and this volcano landscape that they now found themselves in. Chase may think his theme was unintentional, but to everyone else who might be working with him, the frost that seemed to radiate of off everything he did made that hard to believe. Ozwald wiped away tears that had built up in his eyes, he hadn't meant to be rude in his laughter at all, he just thought it was hilarious that someone could so in depth monologue about the differences between the two landscapes. "I don't think I have ever seen someone explain that in such detail before." Ozwald chuckled a bit again "But I get the same way when comparing animals, so I can see where that comes from." Looking up towards the top of the volcano that was the entirety of this floor, Ozwald could not even see the top "How much longer do you think?" Ozwald asked the more experienced blue haired man before him. 

At the laugh, Chase was taken back a bit. He thought it best to laugh alongside Ozwald though and just go with the vibe- to not make things any worse. Their journey almost came to the close as Chase knew how deceptively tall the mountain really wasn't, grinning and looking back at his companion.

2001639179_ChaseDBPHappy.png.56c0e370e059fad0049381ad6ea44b44.png"Not too much longer. The mountain has a winding path overall but we're almost there- I've gone up here before to find some phoenix, but I took a turn to the left and went across a small bridge over to there.", he explained and pointed to almost behind the mountain, where a wooden rope bridge could be seen shying out of its shadow and leading all the way to a less steep and lower mountain that only went down from there. While the would-be rogue couldn't see it, there was a whole valley of flames and steam waiting at the bottom of the neighboring mountain, while the one they were on was kind enough to cut them some slack and at least be easy to walk through, being simply hot and dry. Regardless, they'd gotten almost to the top, and that was anything but bad. "We should be there in a few minutes- maybe five. Ready for it?"

Ozwald was glad to hear that they were almost there, as soon as they killed this dragon they would have all of the gemstones necessary to get into the castle on the floor above them. Listening to Chase's story about the phoenix Ozwald could really tell that Chase had been around these floors plenty of times, he was glad to be around someone so knowledgeable. "When have I ever not been ready?" Ozwald asked in a light manner, he knew that much like with the other dragons he would not be the one doing all of the damage, but rather Chase would kill them in one or two hits and Ozwald might be able to steal the kill for some loot. "Do you think it lives inside the lava, or on a structure nearby?" Ozwald asked his companion his insight, because fighting a dragon that was diving in and out of lava seemed like a pain.

The question was... troublesome. Chase wasn't really sure how to respond to it either- right now, all that he knew was that the dragon would probably be fire based. The 'living in x' idea had already been used in the previous floor, and Kayaba didn't seem to be rehashing the same ideas for an already repetitive quest line, which was good... So..? What did that leave it to have?

604951327_ChaseDBPDefaultUncertain.png.b36bbd6de0c898c25fbf8a04a99217ce.png"I've got no clue. It's probably just going to be a normal battle, maybe it can burn us whenever it uses its breath. I doubt it'll have its own structure though, you can... see the mountaintop for yourself.", he grumbled and put both hands in his pockets, squinting his eyes shut. From what he remembered, the top of the mountain wasn't so much filled with structures and the likes as it was shaped like an arena- like a camel's back turned inside out, it caused anybody walking on its edge to slip inside and slide right down, where the earth flattened and led to a small pool of fire that never went out. From there though, he couldn't remember something being there. That meant there could have been the hatchling asleep, its own egg, or maybe even nothing at all- he never paid enough attention, just passing by the last time around. 

Ozwald was fine with it just being a normal battle with a fire breathing dragon, it would definitely be a lot worse if that dragon also lived inside of the lava. Upon cresting the mountain top Ozwald could in fact see why Chase had said there would probably be no structures. The top of the mountain was just a basin with a small lip around the edge that would be very easy to slide down if one fell off of the tiny lip that acted as the only place to stand before reaching the basin. "Well I guess there isn't anywhere to go except down." Ozwald said hopping down onto the slope of the basin, standing in such a way that it looked like he was surfing down the ashy slope without a surfboard. "The dragon has to be hiding down here somewhere." Ozwald called out from the bottom of the basin, waiting for Chase to join him.

Grimm wasn't wrong- there was literally no way or chance of being wrong. As they jumped down into the basin, the flames at the very middle suddenly burst and two bright red eyes could be seen through the orange inferno. With that, a small hatchling, although slightly larger than the rest stepped out, red with fiery scales and smoke coming from all over him.

1407746413_ChaseDBPEyebrow.png.7b40e2cbbecd5729ef2528971b9e9460.png"You think we found it yet?", he asked Grimm and quietly unsheathed his sword, pointing it towards the dragon. For once, he was going to try something out that he hadn't any other time before- probably going to fail while he's at it too, but it was alright. Neither was at risk and Chase was still the one in charge of the party. He'd take hits, and he'd dish out damage, Grimm was there to do the clean up and of course help out. If it weren't for Ozwald, he would have gone insane a long time now. He charged straight at the mob, noticing the incredible heat only then. And even so, it wasn't enough to make him waver; he still managed to land a hit all the same. Or so he thought of course, only to notice that the dragon had dashed to the side and swiped at him with its spiked tail, poking him for some damage. 

Spoiler

image.png.523610b5035ac03a4a4279e4fed94ed1.png

ChaseR charges using Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 3+3-3-1=2)
ATTACK MISSED

Smaug attacks ChaseR! (MD: 6+3-3=6)
150 - 43 = 107

[1] ChaseR: HP: 1463/1570 (-107) | EN: 153/154 (-1) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:56/56 | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Smaug: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24

<<Pure Heat>> : The Heat emanating from this boss is far higher for the normal player to handle and will give players a -1 penalty to ACC and EVA unless the player has Survival.

Edited by ChaseR
Spoiler

image.png.5cc879c3989e85442986392b26bf6550.png
BD: 2 + 3 - 3 - 1 = 1(Miss)

[1] ChaseR: HP: 1463/1570 | EN: 153/154  | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:55/56 (-1) | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Smaug: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24

<<Pure Heat>> : The Heat emanating from this boss is far higher for the normal player to handle and will give players a -1 penalty to ACC and EVA unless the player has Survival.

Ozwald saw the dragon at the same time as Chase, but he knew that he was better off letting the blue haired man react first. "Nah, I think this is someone's lost pet." Ozwald chuckled a bit, the joke wasn't at all funny but that wasn't what mattered it was still a joke. Despite the fact that this was just someone's dearly beloved pet Ozwald decided that he would join Chase in his attack, running up through the soot and Ash to punch it, just like the brawler that he was. Reaching the dragon it took off into the air, making it very much impossible for the punch man to do what he did best against it, which was punch. "Come on! Why do things have to fly" Ozwald shouted in anger at the fact that once again he was thwarted not by any lack of skill, but instead by a lack of wings.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

1918348736_ChaseDBPGlare(New).png.48825370cf71454a13b705f94514b6cc.pngNeedless to say, it wasn't just Grimm that was getting caught off guard. He growled and held tightly on to the dragon's tail, pulling it closer to himself with one hand and raising the other into the air to slash right down at it. With it slightly wounded, it screeched before deciding to wiggle its tail around and jabbing it just slightly deeper in Chase's sides. "S-Stay put you damn..!", he growled and tried to keep it in one spot so that Grimm's attacks would land much, much easier from here on out. "Ozwald, I'm keeping it still- punch it while it's pinned down.", the blueberry grunted and looked at his friend, with a glare. It wasn't so much directed at the martial artist as it was because he was struggling to keep the pesky Lord of the Rings rip off still. At this rate, he was going to pop a vein. "Ki'Raion was nowhere nearly as strong, stay down damn it!"

Spoiler

image.png.c382cc0a5313549e37618e68bb9d6295.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 7+3-3=7)
20 * 13 - 75 = 260 - 75 = 185

Smaug attacks ChaseR! (MD: 6+3-3=6)
150 - 43 = 107

[3] ChaseR: HP: 1450/1570 (+94, -107) | EN: 145/154 (+1, -9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:55/56 | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Smaug: HP: 315/500 (-185) | DMG: 150 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24

Edited by ChaseR
Spoiler

image.png.473dd61193a10612332100e6c93536f6.png
BD: 4 + 3 - 3 -1 = 3(Miss)

[2] ChaseR: HP: 1450/1570  | EN: 145/154 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:55/56 (+1, -1) | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Smaug: HP: 315/500 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24

The sight before him, if they were not in combat in a very serious game, would have been a very hilarious sight to see. Chase trying to hold down the dragon while it was flailing was funny to watch. This was Ozwald's chance though, he ran up to the dragon once again preparing to punch it in its red snout. Right as Ozwald got into a punching range, which was an admittedly very short range, the dragon reared back spreading its wings knocking both Chase and Ozwald away before backing away, this time noty entering the air. "I am going to strangle Kayaba if i make it out of this." Ozwald said surprisingly deadpan for the amount of anger that the small dragon was creating inside of the small man. Ozwald was about ready to kill the next thing that came into his sight and the dragon was definitely going to be that thing.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

And with the both of them getting thrown back due to the wings, Chase tried to get his balance and stay on his feet before he tumbled back but failed to do so fast enough, rolling back in the basin a bit and groaning. He got back up and ran towards the monster, raising his sword in the air to attack.

1477898443_ChaseDBPDefaultUncertain.png.56cbb0034b87b207e2fa1105252ef849.pngHe quickly stopped before even getting within attacking it, lowering his sword with one hand and glaring it down hesitantly. He knew that something was up, just from the mischevious look on the dragon's face. No matter how long the two exchanged blank looks, nothing. The tension was raising more and more, before it dove right in at him. He tried to slash but with a barrel roll, funny enough, the dragon completely got out of his blade's way and the dragon's tail was driven right into Chase's stomach before it distanced itself again. "Just because it's more agile than a mosquito doesn't mean it deals more damage Kayaba..."

Spoiler

image.png.4460fb657972279109121102a63babab.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

Smaug attacks! (MD: 6+3-3=6)
150 - 43 = 107

[4] ChaseR: HP: 1437/1570  (+94, -107) | EN: 144/154 (+1, -2) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:55/56 (+1, -1) | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Edited by ChaseR
Spoiler

image.png.d09c31527e22cec94de69b15eb81ca72.png
BD: 2 + 3 - 3 - 1 = 1(Miss)

[4] ChaseR: HP: 1437/1570   | EN: 144/154 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:54/56 (+1, -2) | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

The dragon was surprisingly fast, and the heat that radiated off of its body made it very hard to look at the beast, that on top of the fact that it could fly made these dragons the absolute worst thing that Ozwald had faced so far. Ozwald watched as Chase's blade was once again dodged and the dragon flew off to the side of the pair. There was no time like the present to try and attack the dragon, he was low enough in the air that Ozwald could theoretically get a punch off if it didn't speed away before that happened. Ozwald ran to the dragon, completely ready to give the dragon a taste of knuckle sandwich that it would not soon forget. Sadly the dragon didn't care about Ozwald at all in the slightest, acting as if he was an ant on the floor the dragon flew towards Chase bringing him out of Ozwald's short reach.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

A red aura began to appear around Chase, and no, it wasn't out of anger. This wasn't a cartoon where the main protagonist powered up out of all his fury or anything; if anything, Chase was just mildly frustrated. Grimm seemed to be the livid one, out of the two, to his surprise.

1707061128_ChaseDBPDefaultUncertain.png.4378f47cc4e91e38273d3cae8521f35e.pngIt just bothered the boy to no extent that Kayaba thought this a good choice at all... "Alright, listen up... Just let my sword do its thing with the holy effect and I'll take it down in a single hit. Try to keep calm until then.", Chase tried to help Ozwald simmer down, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. He knew it the moment he saw the dragon glide towards him that his chance was now! But it was wrong. It wasn't now, and it wasn't ever near close- both of them missed, leaving him starting to pop a vein as he began to get slightly more frustrated than before. "Patience... holy, your time's now..."

Spoiler

image.png.8333ba2d3b0c801179364a4ddcf8ed26.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 5+3-3=5)
ATTACK MISSED

Smaug attacks ChaseR! (MD: 4+3-3=4)
ATTACK MISSED

[5] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 (+78+16+78) | EN: 143/154 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:54/56 | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Edited by ChaseR
Spoiler

image.png.0968cc7a771f054f3e1fff12ab339bbd.png
BD: 3 + 3 - 3 - 1 = 2(Miss)

[5] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 143/154 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:53/56 (+1, -2) | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

"I just hate the flying, at least you have a sword, I have my fist the reach on it is horrendous" Ozwald complained as he decided to use a different strategy. Running up to the dragon Ozwald crouched low, bringing his foot around in a fast sweeping kick that in theory would have knocked the dragon onto the ground. The theory however was not what came to fruition, Ozwald watched as the dragon just hopped into the air, not only avoiding his attack but also flying away once again towards Chase. Ozwald was beginning to wonder if they would be able to kill Smaug, so far with the way it was going they would die of exhaustion before they would slay the beast. "At least this is the last one." Ozwald called out mostly to reassure himself. This was the final dragon, once it was dead the pair would be able to open the castle on the next floor and finish with these god forsaken dragons.

Edited by Grimm Reaper

And of course once more, the dragon would just not get hit. What the fuck was it even doing anymore, flapping its wings and swinging its body around? Was it trying to ram its tail right on the boy? There was nothing to reach the damn rascal either. In the basin, the only 'structure' that existed was the ever-persisting pillar of fire that the hatchling crawled out of.

2134960986_ChaseDBPAwkwardSilent.png.83f32e72f26c5696d04519f1620cfff0.pngAnd so, Chase just sat down on his feet cross-legged, huffing and glaring at the hatchling before looking to the side with a defeated look on his eyes. "I'm definite. We can't beat it. So we'll just wait this out until it dies of old age. I'm sure it won't be long.", the bluehead went on. He'd be funny, if he wasn't actually starting to go insane with this battle. He'd gone through worse with Uso-Tsuki, that hellish encounter, but god forbid this dragged on much longer. Right now, he was waiting on his blade and nothing more. He looked over his shoulder at Ozwald, patting the ground next to him. "Take a seat and watch it, I guess."

Spoiler

image.png.bb6cac1715f65b779c6a903af97ea9dd.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

Smaug attacks ChaseR! (MD: 5+3-3=5)
ATTACK MISSED

[6] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 142/154 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:53/56 | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Edited by ChaseR
Spoiler

image.png.ed8f69436553290485a73322c4a34aa2.png
BD: 10(Crit) 10 | Crit | 16 * 9 = 144 - 75 = 69 + stun + Bleed

[6] ChaseR: HP: 1570/1570 | EN: 142/154 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 78 | V.(DEF): 78 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[2] Grimm Reaper | HP:560/560 | EN:53/56 (-9) | DMG:14 | MIT:5 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Smaug: HP: 246/500 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24 | STUN: 0/3 | BLEED: 24 0/2

The dragon was distracted, it was facing completely away from Ozwald having its full attention on the currently sitting down blue haired man in front of it. Ozwald took this as his final chance to go in and do some damage to the dragon before joining Chase on the ground. Ozwald ran at the dragon rolling forward and coming up in a crouch, he swept his leg around in a full circle pulling the dragons hind legs out from underneath it. With his back legs no longer giving support, the red dragon fell over onto its side a loud thud penetrating the air rumbling down the mountain, ash and soot launching into the air falling around the basin like black and grey snow falling around the two individuals who would now be killing the red dragon. This was it, with the dragon on the floor Chase couldn't miss and it would fall, and they could finally call this fight finished.

Edited by Grimm Reaper