Party Limit: 2 | 20+ Posts
Repeatable for standard thread rewards.

151171.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 1,500 Experience Points
  • 2,000 Col
  • Unlocks access to <<Escaping the Underdark>> Quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay accepting the quest from Tythen.
  • Players must roll the LD to find Fonsa, and pair with the CD to find the result (see table below).
  • If the roll requires it, the party must defeat 2 Cursed Stags per player in party (4 max).
  • Roleplay returning Fonsa to Tythen.  If Fonsa is killed, bring back her wedding ring as proof that she is no longer alive.

Summary:

The majority of the Dark Elves in Kalanaes couldn't care less about your visit to their glum and gloomy town. Many openly scowl at you as you pass by, contempt clear on their unnaturally attractive faces. One man, however, wears an expression of utter devastation. Unlike the others, who pass by without a word, he approaches you directly. With desperation in his dark eyes, Tythen introduces himseld and explains that his wife was sent to the Kriit Wastelands. A high-ranking official in what little remains of the Dark Elves' army, Fonsa was tasked with retrieving an artifact from Queen Lun’Rael's ruined tower in what little remains of their former capital on the surface - now known as the Vale of Ruin. Tythen begs you to travel to the surface and search the Vale of Ruin for his lost wife.

Outline: 

After accepting the quest from Tythen, the party must travel to the surface to look for his wife, Fonsa, in the wreckage of the Queen’s Tower and the surrounding Vale of Ruin.  Players must take four (4) posts combined travel and exploring, before they may start rolling to find Fonsa.

Players take turns rolling the LD, and will find Fonsa on a roll of 15+ (modifiers apply). In the event it takes more than five rolls (per player), she is automatically found on the next post.  Fonsa's condition and circumstances depend on the CD result of the roll that succeeds in finding her.  If she is found automatically, assume a CD result of 1.

CD Roll Result
CD 1

Fonsa is found barely alive, fight off Cursed Stags and keep Fonsa alive.
(She can sustain only 2 more hits)

CD 2-3

(She can sustain only 3 more hits)

CD 4-7

(She can sustain only 4 more hits)

CD 8-11

Fonsa is found alive, fight off Cursed Stags and keep Fonsa alive.
(She can sustain only 5 more hits)

CD 12

Fonsa is found alive, no Cursed Stags to be fought.
(She can sustain 6 hits)

Whether encountered when Fonsa is found, or afterwards, the party must fend off attacks from, and defeat, 2 Cursed Stags per player in party (4 max).

Players must then roleplay returning her to Kalanaes, though she will insist that her identity remain secret.  Fonsa will not reveal anything of her original mission or its results to the players, glaring suspiciously at anyone who asks.  But, she's a soldier, not a spy, and it is readily apparent that she no longer trusts her fellow Dark Elves.

NPCs:

dark_elf_male_by_untitliel.jpg

<<Tythen>>
A handsome Dark Elf who has aged considerably with concern for his missing wife.

darkelf_by_ketka.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV

<<Fonsa>>
A powerful warrior who was sent on a secret mission, and has not been seen since.

EVA: 1
Fonsa’s armor and weapon are damaged beyond use, making her unable to fight or defend herself aside from trying to dodge the Cursed Stags’ attacks. This does not require a roll.
Note: Fonsa can only take so many hits depending on the initial CD roll from when she is found. Refer to table above for more information.

Enemies:

955ea6df276201135b34b77eda4b764f.jpg

<<Cursed Stag>>
Once the pride of the Kriit Woodlands, these creatures have been twisted by dark magic into something menacing.

HP: 350/350 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 75

Abilities:

• Bloodthirst The Cursed Stags will attack anything with reckless abandon. Fonsa will automatically generates one hate on each Cursed Stag every turn.
  • Crazed Swing On a MD roll of 9-10 the Cursed Stag will swing their horns wildly, turning their attack into an AoE that automatically hits every party member, including Fonsa. Players take standard numerical damage, Fonsa takes 1 hit.

Epilogue: 

If Fonsa and Tythen are reunited:

Spoiler

The moment he sees her, Tythen draws his weary wife into fierce embrace. Over her shoulder, he mouths "Thank you," to the waiting players. When they finally draw apart, the grateful elf wraps an arm around Fonsa's shoulders, holding her tight to his side. "I cannot thank you enough for bringing my Fonsa back safely. You have already done so much, but if you would be willing, there is one more way that you could help us before taking your leave of this place."

If Fonsa is killed:

Spoiler

Tythen studies the slim golden ring in the palm of his hand. Though tears threaten to spill over, he blinks them back in a fight to regain composure. When he finally does so, he turns to the waiting players. "My wife was a warrior," he tells them, "and she died a warrior's death. She would have no regrets, so neither will I." Drawing a ragged breath, he closes his hand around the ring. "Thank you for returning Fonsa's ring. If you would be so kind, there is one more thing that you could do for me."

• 3 months later...

Floor 23
<<Escaping the Underdark>>
Party Limit: 2 | 20+ Posts
Prerequisite: Must have completed <<Search and Rescue>>
Repeatable for standard thread rewards, and <<Fonsa's Song>>.

2062d7a7401890a1b25b903529c0f95b.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 2,000 Experience Points
  • 3,000 Col
  • Each player receives:
    • Fonsa's Song (Unique Debuff Song)
      • Hypnotic Melody: When played, reduces a single enemy’s accuracy and evasion by 1 each. Can stack with Lullaby and Hypnosis debuffs. Effect lasts for one battle.

Requirements:

• Roleplay talking with Tythen (and Fonsa, if still alive) at their home.
  • Escape the Underdark to Ydalin Forest.
    • Interested in roleplaying the other option? Remember, you may retake <<Search and Rescue>> for a different outcome.
  • Roleplay parting ways with your Dark Elf allies.

Summary:

If Fonsa is Alive:

Spoiler

As you join Fonsa and Tythen in their home, you notice evidence of packing: drawers left open, doors ajar, bags filled to bulging. "The military does not look fondly upon desertion," Fonsa explains, "but I cannot, in good faith, return to them." When prompted for further explanation, Fonsa elaborates. "I was sent to retrieve an ancient artifact, believed to harbor enough dark magic to wipe the Wood Elves from existence. Rumor is, Queen Lun’Rael kept notes as to its whereabouts in her tower." She hesitates, then sets her jaw firmly. "I was uneasy when given my assignment, and I reflected on the wrongness of it the entire time I searched. Can we really not live peacefully now, in our two separate worlds? Well, I refuse to be a part of further bloodshed."

"We've heard that there might be a place for us in the Ydalin Forest," Tythen tells you, grabbing a packed canvas bag. "We won't be welcomed by the Wood Elves, but perhaps we can keep our heads down, and make a new life for ourselves. We certainly cannot stay here any longer. Will you help us escape?"

If Fonsa is Dead:

Spoiler

As you join Tythen in his home, you notice evidence of packing: drawers left open, doors ajar, bags filled to bulging. "I think," Tythen begins slowly, "deep down, I knew she was gone. But I couldn't leave until I knew for sure. Now that I do, I need to go. There are too many memories, and without Fonsa, I-" Though he looks as if he might break down, he gathers himself with a long, deep breath. "I want to see the surface. I want to see the trees, feel the sun, and find a place to start over again. Will you help me have that?"

Outline:

If Fonsa is Alive:

Spoiler

With Fonsa hidden beneath the baggage in the back, Tythen carefully maneuvers the wagon through the streets of Kalanaes. Though you receive a few quizzical looks from other Dark Elves, the trip is largely uneventful. At least, until you approach the city's entrance. Another Dark Elf approaches, hailing Tythen with a wave of his hand. Though his expression is originally mild, it darkens when he spots you. "Tythen," he begins coldly, "who is this human? Why are you traveling together?"

• Describe what happens next. Your character should do whatever necessary to get out of the situation safely. You may bargain, lie, sabotage, resort to violence, or anything else that you can think of. But remember, it is strictly roleplay - there should be no actual combat taking place.
    • Optional: Roll the die. A natural LD of 1-9 means your attempt fails, and the Dark Elf goes to alert the guards. A natural LD of 10-20 means you succeeded, and your party is able to exit the city without being further incident. If you're not interested in rolling, you may choose how the confrontation ends, and what the consequences are.

Despite the near-disaster, Tythen's wagon slips into the caverns unscathed. When it finally emerges into the bright sunlight of the Surface, and Fonsa emerges from her hiding spot, you move to sit beside her. "We still have a while before we reach the forest," she tells you. "Talking may make the time pass more quickly? I'd like to know more about the person who saved me."

• Tell Fonsa about yourself. All players must address all questions. How you answer them, however, is entirely up to you. You may lie, tell half-truths, or spill it all. Just be aware, if you tell Fonsa that she is an NPC and you are trapped in a video game, she will not be able to comprehend the words. She does, however, understand that the world is split into various regions that are now magically linked (her legends refer to it as "the Great Separation"). While the concept of "floors" may be lost on her, she will not be surprised to learn you live somewhere she has never been.
    • Who are you?
    • Where do you live?
    • What made you want to be a "soldier" (her best interpretation of what players are)? 
    • What do you plan to do next, when you've finished helping them?

If Fonsa is Dead:

Spoiler

Riding alongside Tythen on the bench of his wagon, you manage to slip through the city gates without incident. "That went far better than I expected," Tythen admits, once he has brought you deeper into the network of tunnels. "I figured someone would demand to know why I was traveling with a human." Only moments later, a group of three cloaked figures emerge from the shadows. The fabric bears the symbol of the Bleakswords, powerful servants of the corrupt Dark Elf Council who once guarded the Labyrinth's entrance.

"So our intel was correct," the nearest Dark Elf sneers. "You really are attempting to flee the city." He looks at you, disgust plain in his tone and on his face. Still, he continues to address Tythen. "We know you sent the human to find Fonsa, and we know she is dead. Now comes the matter of what she told you before she died."

In response, Tythen's entire being hardens. "My wife respected her work, and would not betray the military's trust. She told me nothing."

With a metallic hiss, the Bleaksword draws his weapon. "There is only one way that we can know for sure."

• You must battle the three Bleakswords!

Allies:

dark_elf_male_by_untitliel.jpg

<<Tythen>>
A Dark Elf with powerful support abilities.

When completing the final player roll of the rotation, use the CD to determine Tythen's action. 
CD 1-4: Heals all players 5% of their total starting health.
CD 5-8: Provides a +1 damage bonus to all players on their next turn.
CD 9-12: Stuns one enemy for one turn.

Enemies:

mjran0ooh5231.jpg

<< Bleaksword >>
An elite task force that serves the Dark Knight Council, and once protected the Labyrinth.

Each Bleaksword must at least meet the highest level player's loot minimums.
Each Bleaksword receives its own roll.

Abilities:

In Sync | The Bleakswords move in perfect unison, but keep enough distance between themselves that they cannot be hit with AoEs. Only one enemy at a time can be targeted by each player (though that enemy can vary between players).

Reinforcements! | If there are two players taking the quest at once, reinforcements will arrive when the third Bleaksword is killed. Three more Bleakswords will arrive, with stats identical to the first group. Combat will continue without a break in between.

The quest ends when the players reach a suitably isolated area in Ydalin Forest, where Fonsa and Tythen will attempt to forge a new life.

Epilogue:

If Fonsa is Alive:

Spoiler

"I will never be able to thank you for the help you have given us," Fonsa states. Then she pauses to retrieve something from the pouch on her hip. As she offers the crystal to you, she smiles shyly, the gentle expression softening the war-hardened woman. "While I do not normally share this with others, I find great joy in music. Here is a piece that I sang a few months ago. It's a silly thing, but perhaps you might find some joy in it.

If Fonsa is Dead:

Spoiler

"I suppose I'll never know what it was that brought Fonsa to the Surface," Tythen muses aloud, gazing through the trees that surround you both. "Still, there is some peace in knowing it is also where I'll spend the remainder of my days." Slowly, he draws a crystal from his pocket, then offers it to you. "My wife had a beautiful singing voice. She used to record songs for me before going off to fight. Perhaps this one will bring you some comfort, as they have always done for me."