[PP-F8] 8th Floor Scouting Report

After what Saix said, I nodded in agreement. I then looked around the room to see everyone engaged in the discussion. Upon Miaki asking me if I could manage tanking as well as overlooking, I then proceeded to say Here is what I am getting at is... I will start out in the back with Saix, making sure that we stick to the plan as much as possible to avoid casualties. When things get rough for the Tank team, I will jump in so you guys can get a breather for a bit. I look at the two while awaiting their reactions

I then make a little side note about the recruiting. In regards to the recruitment, I also believe that we should personally invite players we think can handle the task at hand, and then if we need more people, then we can do an open sign-up. I start scanning the room awaiting thoughts on either topic.

After Saix gave his input on player recruitment Miaki was about to mention that he agreed when he saw Shark about to speak up. The leader of the Knights of Christ first explained to Miaki what exactly he had in mind for his role in he coming raid. It sounded like a valid strategy to him. He was afterall confident in his ability to hold his own and knew that Nikki could do just as well if not better. She was afterall the greatest tank in Aincrad and anyone who didn't believe that was either a fool or completely out of touch. Miaki nodded in agreement and have no sign that he objected to Shark's plan with having Nikki and Miaki deal with the boss.

Shark then showed his agreement with Saix's idea about personally handling the recruitment of players. Miaki was glad to hear that the two leaders in the room who had been in charge of the longest running guilds were on the same page and had the same idea as Miaki. "Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the recruitment should be selective. I believe it has been said already that an open recruitment makes for too many unpredictable factors and variables. Between our four guilds we probably already have enough players to participate. And if not I'm quite sure I know a few people who are not in guilds who would be excellent additions to the draft." Miaki made a mental note to be in touch with Shark and Saix in the future. It was nice to be in a room with some level headed players who valued clear thinking.

Nikki was now deep in thought, pondering how a tank group might hold up. The fear of poison damage was a real concern. Her armor was only good for attacks, poison would keep going despite that. The groups would need to be fast to negate that effect. After that the plant itself would be her concern. How hard would it hit? and how fast did it move? these were all important factors to think about considering that she needed to keep other players alive. Her first choice would be a tank and spank method, with her pulling main front, and Miaki holding point to prevent any surprise attacks. The third DPS would stand directly behind her so that all agro had to go through her first. It also put Miaki close enough that she could block for him.

The idea was that she could switch out after her health got low, and allow Miaki to hold main front while her battle healing kicked in to rejuvenate her. If things got Dire she could then call Shark to pull front until her or Miaki were able to grab line again. It was a tactic she had used in other games, and one she had employed here in SAO when her and Nine fought with the wasp queen mini boss. So long as people remained close to her Nikki could in fact block the system assisted attacks meant for other people.

With a clear plan in her mind she wondered now about the other players and their contributions to this attack. Would the PKer's really come through for them? or would they leave them hanging to loot the bodies? was it a risk they could take? She gave a sigh now as she looked back to Saix. Certainly he would not send them out if he feared for their safety. After all he was one of those players who valued human life, so he wasn't making this judgment lightly. "I know we will be fine sir." She said, both to show her captain that she had faith in them, and to remind herself that it was ok.

"Alright, so we'll have tanks act as the vanguard while we have heavy hitters switch in when tyhe monster is open. This plan sounds totally sweet! But the question is, how will we decide whom to send in each section? It's no secret that guilds always have an issue of butting heads when it comes to deciding who does what." Keith said, as he looked out the window and unto the large trees of the floor.

"Hmm... Is anyone here a good strategist? Because we need to know the best formations to take the boss on in this, and we also need to know each guild's best players, so we'll know who should be sent out." He said, turning his attention back to the rest of the front-liners. "So... Who exactly is head honcho at this fiesta?"

Nikki's confidence proved everything Miaki thought about her as true. She was brave, admirable, skillful, and an example to others. No doubt they would fair well against the boss. Turning to face her sitting next to the others he said to her. "Nikki, if you don't mind talking with me afterwards I would be interested in hearing some of the details of your strategy for our squad."

Towards Keith he said. "I figured that decision would be made by us. We would place fighters in the most efficient places. When it comes to this fight Im perfectly fine with placing those from my guild in other groups. Long as it ensures combat efficiency. For example Keith, based on your skill I would ask you to probably lead against one of the seed pods. You have a high attack rate which would make you great for that. But I also know that you are rather powerful and could take alot of hits from the boss itself. But I think the tank team sounds full. Plus Im sure you'd like to protect your sister personally." Miaki removed his glasses for a moment and wiped them clean with a cloth in his trench coat.

"Far as the "head honcho" goes in here, while I did call everyone here, I am in no way trying to place myself in charge of everyone. This isn't some power play move I'm making here. I'm simply organizing probably the first joint-guild meeting here. I see everyone in here as equals and simply standing where I am to make sure everything is planned out. And while I'd like to consider myself as quite the strategist, I clearly see that I'm not alone. In fact I'm probably outmatched." He said with a single, slow nod towards Saix and Shark.

Saix gave his lieutenant a smile, and nod of encouragement. Leave it to Nikki to do her best to calm others. Becoming a tank in an MMO was easy, becoming a gifted tank was something far rarer. Nikki had the skill and tenacity necessary to claim to be the best tank in Aincrad. But more importantly, she had a caring attitude that made her tanking role personal. That was something that could not be learned through practice. Even surrounded by the high level players in this room, there was no one else Saix would want at his back.

As the meeting continued, Saix nodded along with Miaki's words. So far so good. Being too hasty and desiring glory from a leadership position could result in disaster. A humble outlook and readiness to look to others for input and solutions were a hallmark of a good leader. While Miaki might not see himself as the leader of the group, Saix still firmly believed that this was his show. It had taken something special to gather the Guilds like this, and Saix was quite interested in seeing how the young man would perform under pressure.

Not to mention, clearly Miaki held Nikki in high regard. They must have partied at some point. And if Nikki was willing to fight beside him, then clearly Mikai was a player worthy respect.

"We are assuming that these Seed Pods will be respawning throughout the battle. When the Pods are dead and awaiting respawn, our DPS teams can turn their focus to the Guardian, burning it's Hp down. When the pods respawn, they will switch back to killing the pods as quickly as possible. As Shark suggested, having one player watching to ensure that the Pods do not respawn unnoticed will prove essential to victory. However, we must assume that the battle will not so cut and dried. At any moment our plan might end up being thrown out the window. So we must be ready to act quickly and as a single unit in the event things go awry." He said, as he leaned forward to study the map.

Upon hearing what was said within the last few minutes, I started planning for the worst as well as make a response to the previous comments and ideas.

Ok, so the recruitment idea is finalized... check that one off the list. I was thinking that Saix and I would both be in back and monitoring the field, 2 heads are better than one... that way if I have to jump in, there is still someone checking the positions of everything. Now on the other side of things... if our plan gets thrown right out the window, then we should assume that we are already taking tons of damage at the start. Saix and I both would have to jump in on the team that is taking the most damage... we don't want anyone to die so we must act quickly. upon relieving teams, I think that Miaki should then take watch if his health is low... if not then the most damaged team member will take watch. If we have 4 teams, then that 4th team can be a reliever team so they can fill in wherever is needed. I said as I looked to see how the others respond.

Zelrius nodded. He liked the idea that Shark had in mind. Actually paying attention now he put his feet own and looked around the room. He was serious now, despite how he wanted to be, this was an actual matter that needed to be resolved

"If I am put in the Battle, I'd like to be one of those who can relieve. Assuming I am not put directly into a match. I might even want to be the one who switchs with Shark or Saix to watch if they go to help those in trouble. Another thing, I can join any of the teams, My Azure Tenet absorbs damage occasionally, Which makes me excellent for tanking along with my health, My sash allows me to hit more and get better Loot, and Dragon Bane, my sword, allows me to drain Health healing me a bunch, All these allow me to be apart of any of the spots that may be needed to be filled." He said, letting out a breath then going straight back to being carless and putting his feeet back up on the table.

"Right then. Recruitment - Check." Miaki made a check mark in the air. "Let's make a list of the teams we have thus far." Miaki waved away the large display that showed the labyrinth and boss room. While he was doing this he heard Zelrius, speak up. This time in a much more serious tone. This caused Miaki to look up and he was happy to see that Zelrius was now presenting himself properly in the room. "Actually Zelrius, I really need you with the other two members in the Founder's Council of the Azure Brigade. Let me show you what I have in mind." He brought a screen which read a such:

Squad A (Tank): Nikki - Miaki - Shark

Squad B (Pods): Zelrius - Clarence - Shanok

Squad C (Pods): Keith - Ruri - Haine

Squad D (Pods): Zero - TBA - TBA

Squad E (Pods): TBA - TBA - TBA

Overwatch: Shark - Saix - Miaki (tertiary) - TBA

"Now this is just what I have in mind from what I've heard. Saix, Shark. I'm not fully aware of who you have in your guild that you would consider combat ready." Miaki set the screen to <> and gave everyone in the room access to edit the list.

Saix had plenty of new blood in the guild, so to speak, but he was not about to throw them onto the front lines unprepared. So he examined the virtues and flaws of each of his guild members, before deciding on those he felt could best hold up to the pressure without cracking. 9Lives and Nikki of course, he had the utmost faith in his Lietutenants. Ayane's Unique Skill would be of invaluable health to wear down the Boss with the tanks to back her up. And Grim and Ethereal both had the equipment and skill to stay in the fight long enough for this battle of attrition to end.

With that in mind, he edited the listing that Miaki had provided. Since Shark had volunteered for Overwatch, he could safely slip Ayane into his spot on the Tank Squad. With Nikki and Miaki providing tank support, Ayane could use the massive damage her Unique Skill's bleeding condition could deal, wearing down the boss over time. While her Unique Skill was capable of massive damage, it was done over time, not in a single spike. Thus he felt she was not the best ft for use against one of the Seed Pods. Shark and Saix would be free to play Overwatch, moving to reinforce whichever squad was lagging, to ensure that they were able to destroy their targets quickly. All that remained was finding 2 more players from among the Guilds, or via an open call.

Squad A (Tank): Nikki - Miaki - Ayane

Squad D (Pods): Zero - TBA - TBA

Squad E (Pods): 9Lives - Grim - Ethereal

Overwatch: Shark - Saix - Miaki (tertiary) - TBA

"I have a combat ready Squad ready to tackle one of the Seed Pods, and a secret weapon to reinforce you on the Tank Squad. What she lacks in level, she more than makes up for with the sheer damage potential of her Shadowed Path Unique Skill. All I see is a potential two person vacuum we should fill. Perhaps Shark has someone in mind?" He said, remaining neutral and focused on the plan at hand.

I was thinking about who to add to the boss raid. It then crossed my mind about checking the winners, of the current battle tourney that is going on.

I have heard good things about Seldentar and Vandal. Both have caught my eye and impress me. I am sure that they will take the opportunity to prove themselves. So here is what I am thinking, which fills up our squads.

Squad A (Tank): Nikki - Miaki - Ayane

Squad D (Pods): Zero - Vandal - Seldentar

Squad E (Pods): 9Lives - Grim - Ethereal

Overwatch: Shark - Saix - Miaki (tertiary) - (Whoever is close to death at the time)

I then look at the others to see what they think.

If there are no more amends or objections, we will finalize this sheet. I then press the final vote option and await the responses.

Miaki reviewed the final draft of the boss raid parties. Nothing was changed drastically from his idea of it and Shark and Saix seemed to be on the same page with each other and had similar ideas in mind. "No objections here." Miaki saw a small voting window appear in front of him which he pressed the [O] icon showing his approval of the parties drafted. While he waited to see if anything else were to happen he asked. "Are there any other matters to discuss here? I'd like to get things underway as soon as possible."

Zelrius smiled and put his feet down. Clicking the Button that signed his approval, Zelrius then stood, stretched and yawned, Miles doing the same nearby.

"Are we done now? May I go back to my Inn for the time being and wait for this impending battle?" He asked rather sleepily and not really caring for the answer since he was about to leave anyways.

I was counting the vote count when I suddenly get a Message from Unknown...

Well... Ok then... I turn to the players and announce something important.

Well, I just received word that Unknown will be joining us for this battle. Due to the skills in possession, I think the best place to put her would be on a pod squad... I think that it will work with Squad C. Any objections? I said as I await a quick response.

Miaki nodded to Zelrius saying it was okay for him to leave. Miaki already knew where Zelrius stood with the plan and knew that meetings were boring for him. Thinking everything was done and wrapping up he was about to close the larger display which showed how squads would be organized when Shark had a final announcement.

"Well, I just received word that Unknown will be joining us for this battle. Due to the skills in possession, I think the best place to put her would be on a pod squad... I think that it will work with Squad C. Any objections?" He asked.

Miaki thought about it. He knew full well that Unknown was a powerful fighter with a shroud of mystery around her. Aside from her obvious skill, she was an amazing fighter. But her only flaw that Miaki knew of was her unreliability. At the first attempted boss raid on the previous floor she vanished without warning and hadn't been heard from since. Her appearance was a little unsettling but if Shark, who Miaki saw as a strong and committed leader, wanted to bring someone in he wouldn't let that someone be a person who could screw things up. He decided not to bring up his opinion about Unknown and let everything just play itself out.

"I've met her before. If you want to bring her in then I trust your judgement Shark. Placing her in Squad C sounds good. There group will perhaps be one of the best ones we have on the pods. I might suggest that we keep her roaming perhaps to help the other groups in need. Just a thought. Go ahead and add her to the roster." He told Shark.

Miaki then remembered one last thing. He gave a "one moment" gesture and spoke up again. "I'm sure I'm stating the obvious here but I assume we will be sticking to the "rule" of in the event that there is a <> it goes to the one who makes the last hit. No questions."

Upon hearing Miaki's words about Unknown, I now understand that she is somewhat unreliable.

Maybe we will be able to get her to be a bit more reliable. you never know but I do understand if you do not want her... a possible hazard of someone dying. Alright, Saix... what do you think about Unknown? I asked as all the heads in the room turned toward him.

I then quickly addressed Miaki's comment on the >. I am in agreement to whoever lands last hit gets the bonus. I sad as I awaited a response from Saix.

Zelrius thought it was only right if he joined this conversation about Unknown, since he had traveled with her Alone in the past. Before making a move to the door, Zelrius made a quick glance around the room and said

"I can vouch for Unknown, Her and I went on a quest together one time. Might I say, she has power within, but the only problem I have with her is the same as Miaki, She seemed to just up and disappear, if we can make sure she'll stay put and not put any lives in danger, Then we can gain a lot of strength on the Field with her about. The last time I saw her, We were in a party and her level was 30, If that information helps any." Zelrius finished, then sat back down, actually intrigued now of what their further plans were for the boss raid.