[F09] <<The Iron Guardian>>

Floor 9
<<The Iron Guardian>>
Party Limit: 4 | 20+ Posts
Repeatable for standard thread rewards, and <<Crystal of Support>>.

9f4d8dfbc7519e5abdf8e41c213f7bfd.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 1,000 Experience Points
  • Each player receives:
    • Crystal of Support (Unique consumable, 3/3 charges)
      • A mass healing crystal that heals the user and each party member for (50 * Target's Tier) HP. Requires a Post Action to use.

Requirements:

• Roleplay speaking to the <<Mysterious Broker>> for intel on the boss.
  • The party must defeat 1 <<Iron Knight>> per player.
  • Defeat the <<Iron Guardian>>.
  • Defeat the <<Mysterious Broker>>.
  • The thread summary must state whether the <<Mysterious Broker>> was killed or spared.

Summary:

The players receive word of a quest where, after defeating a notorious knight and his followers, a rare healing item will drop. After meeting with a <<Mysterious Broker>> they are directed west, to a grotto leading down to the Guardian’s throne where they fight and defeat the knights and Guardian. Once the Guardian is defeated and the item is dropped.  The <<Mysterious Broker>> will attack the Player(s) in an attempt to steal the item. The players can choose to spare the broker’s life or kill him for his treachery.

Outline: 

After arriving at Yōgan Village the players are approached by a hooded figure. “Are you the one that accepted the quest to kill the Guardian?” they ask. They offer information on the quest’s starting location in exchange for a portion of the col they make for completing the quest. Upon agreeing, the hooded figure, now identified as a <<Mysterious Broker>>, tells the player of a grotto to the west that houses the throne of the Guardian.

The player may roleplay the trip to the grotto if they wish, once they arrive and enter the caves they must travel deep into the depths. When they arrive at a large iron double door they must fight the knights that guard it. The player must each defeat one <<Iron Knight>> (If there is more than one player they must each defeat their own knight), but may fight more if they wish. Once the knight(s) are defeated they may enter the throne room where the <<Iron Guardian>> resides.

Sitting atop an ornately carved stone throne, the Guardian is surrounded by treasures and fallen warrior’s armor and weapons. Once defeated, the Guardian’s sword will shatter, leaving the crystal that once rested in its pommel. The <<Mysterious Broker>> from before will emerge from the shadows and engage with the player in an attempt to steal the crystal that the Guardian dropped.

Upon his defeat he will drop to 1 HP and plead for his life. “Please, please don’t kill me! I only did it because I’m weak and needed the crystal to make some col! I wasn’t going to kill you really, just scare you a bit! My boss made me--” the broker sobs cutting himself off at the end. The player can make a decision to end his life or not. As he is an NPC, players will not gain a strike or orange marker, but may suffer narrative effects as a result of their choices.

Enemies:

victor-lozada-another-knight.jpg

<<Iron Knight>>
The <<Iron Knights>> swear fealty to their lord, the <<Iron Guardian>>. Though they are not powerful alone, their strength grows in numbers.

HP: 250/250 | DMG: 100 | THORNS 24 | BLEED 24

1419886959812.jpg

<<Iron Guardian>>
The <<Iron Guardian>> is a respawning quest boss which has been terrorizing the inhabitants of the ninth floor for as long as anyone can remember. Strangely enough, it only seems to rear its ugly head when a <<Mysterious Broker>> rolls through the floor.

HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | THORNS 24 | BLEED 24

Portrait_hierophant_fe13.png

<<Mysterious Broker>>
Not much is known about this elusive entity. Those who meet him are usually wary, and take care to keep their interactions short.

HP: 450/450 | DMG: 150 | PARALYZE I

Abilities:

• Battle Healing | On a CD of 10+, the <<Mysterious Broker>> heals himself for 100 HP.
  • First Strike | The <<Mysterious Broker>> has the element of surprise, and will strike first in every rotation.  Its first attack of the battle will automatically hit.

Epilogue:

When dropped to less than 1 HP, the <<Mysterious Broker>> breaks down and pleads for his life.  The players must choose as a group whether or not to spare him.

The <<Mysterious Broker>> is slain:

Spoiler

The crystal feels heavy in your hands. The broker, if he really was one, must have been tricking others into farming this item for him. Someone has been using players as fodder to make extra col. This item carries the weight of who knows how many lives, sacrificed for his greed along the way. Did you make the right decision?

A panel appears to the players, informing them of the quest's completion, listing quest rewards and experience gained.

The <<Mysterious Broker>> is spared:

Spoiler

"Yes!  YES!  Thank you for your mercy!  My sister was taken by a group of malcontents who kidnap and torture others to do what they should undertake for themselves.  Please, I beg of you!  Help me save her."  Despite his treachery, the man seems genuine in his anguish, pulling back his hood to reveal a young boy in his early teens.  Though an NPC, his story is compelling.  More investigation may prove necessary to unravel the truth.

A panel appears to the players, informing them of the quest's completion, listing quest rewards and experience gained.