[F18-PP] To the Deep Unknown... (Feeding your Enemy)

"Sappy isn't what I would call that and let me take care of daddy,' she says as he removes his hand from hers. The next thing he says makes her laugh a bit "So you saying that you go around kissing every girl like that, okay though, I get it. I just got back and I should be focusing on me and bla bla bla...I've heard it all before." She walks past him now with a grin painted on her face, "Maybe I was just testing the waters," with that said she looks out into the distance. It was a wide-open space that had no aim to the matter. "Well here's to not doing anything half-ass," as she starts walking. She wouldn't go too far though because she also didn't want to get lost. She had been in that boat before and she wasn't going there again. A large echoing growl eliminates the air they walk in. Freya smiles glancing around but not seeing anything. "That, that is what I am looking for. Whatever that was." Walking a bit further looking out with intense eyes. "Gaius do you see anything," glancing back at him she sees his eyes focusing on something in the distance.  

Edited by Freya

"Sure, whatever you say, Love. Once you convince him, maybe he wont try to squish me under those huge arms of his." Gaius offers looking off into the savanna and swamp for whatever the hell was snarling out there. "Hardly. You shouldn't be biting off more than you can chew. Focusing no, but you better be damn sure you know what it is you want before you step in a pile you have a hard time getting out of." He glares looking at her remark about testing the waters out. "The hell is that supposed to mean?" A sound causes him to jerk, and a white fur on the horizon begins to break the distance. "Yo Freya, like that?" He offers a raised finger toward it, while it continued to become larger and larger with each bound. Turns out that furball was just waiting for them to make out first.

Edited by Gaius

"If I didn't want it, you, I wouldn't have taken a step to get it. I think I could handle you, the question is...Can you handle me?" With a small chuckle she, glancing out now where Gaius was pointing, "Exactly like that," she says with a grin and determined eyes now. First, she would walk to it, see what its reaction would be. Would it run, be hostile. She wasn't going to pull her scythe out yet because she didn't want to be the reason why it became violent. Slowly walking toward the now very large white-furred creature, it watches her very carefully. Being feet from it now, the thing gives Freya a look as if it said gotcha. The creature bears its teeth like it was smiling and jumps into the water next to Freya soaking her from head to toe and then starts running. It stops about a mile up the road and sits watching Freya. "Well, aren't you just funny..." Freya glares at it then at Gaius.

ID# 179506 results: Battle: 9, Loot: 19+7=26 Success at finding the Familiar!

Edited by Freya

A twist of his head, this girl must have bumped her head somewhere. It just wasn't quite sinking in. "Can't handle you, please just who the hell do you take me for?" Gaius barks out as the creature rushes past in a blind. Freya whiffs hard and Gaius cannot help but sport a cocky grin and laugh as he leaps back to avoid the sudden rushing water. "Imagine that you're so damn focused on this other crap you cant slap a leash on it."

His attentions shift to the furball in white, two long fangs pouring out of its mouth. "The fuck is it supposed to be, looks like a big ass cat." he quips without tact, leaning in to get a better view as he taps his hand to his forehead like a bill of a baseball cap. "So what's the game plan, just going to attempt to tackle it over and over until you inevitably land on it?"

Edited by Gaius

"Fair enough, and that is what I am gunning to find out..." Saying with a smirk toward him. "I am not sure just yet. It doesn't seem like it wants to attack, it just wants to be an ass hole." Getting a better look at it as it walks closer to it. It doesn't move... "What are you up to?" She was able to get close enough to touch it. It closes its eyes and puts its head down toward Freya. With a brow raised a bit confused about what its intentions were she reaches slowly for it. With its head still down it flashes its eyes open with an up glance toward Freya bearing its fangs. In one quick motion, it jumps back and whips Freya with its two tales, causing Freya to fall back into the water. Sitting there now as the Large Cat hops away in a prissy matter. "Okay no more miss nice girl you dam Cat," saying getting to her feet, she pulls her scythe out and starts to run at it. 

ID# 179507 results: Battle: 9 ( Fun Reasons), Craft: 1, Fail! At Taming [1/4]

Edited by Freya

Hmm fitting Gaius thought to himself, given the girl trying to tame it. What seems to transpire is a fair exchange of Freya failing miserably to get close enough to it to do anything more than fail. "Keep at it, sure you'll get it next time." Gaius goads with a jest, knowing full well that this shit was difficult and wouldn't be that easy to slap a leash on the butthole. Finding a clean spot to sit, he'd just watch this whole mess. He sure as shit wasn't going to go rolling around in this smelly pond that Freya had dragged him in to. Flipping his inventory open he removes a roll in a white paper, like popcorn he takes a hearty bite and looks on as he chews. She'd either get it or let it get away, he couldn't do much here to give her a hand so he might as well enjoy the show.

Edited by Gaius

Running at the Large Cat still unsure of what it, she swings her Scythe toward it. It moves slightly out of the way and grabs the middle of her hilt with its mouth and Freya gripping her weapon hard as to not lose the grip on it, the Cat flings her forward. Freya catches herself saying "Not this time." Turning back toward it she swings again, the Cat pivots itself under her swing and moves behind Freya. Pressing its head against Freya's back nudging her forward. Freya turns swiftly with another swing and the Cat ducks, so Freya swings low this time and it jumps over the weapon with no issues. As it lands a small burst of fire spreads beneath its feet. Freya's breathing gets a bit heavier. She stops for a moment to take a breather when she sees the fire. "What the hell are you," she says staring into the cat's red eyes as it stares just as intensely in hers.

ID# 179518 results: Craft: 7+1=8, Fail! At Taming [2/4]

Edited by Freya

Earnestly he was locked to the exchange with Freya and her possible familiar, eyeballing the cat she was so desperate to catch. The hell she want a big cat for? Maybe it was a girl thing, to have little fluffy white things. Chewing softly, his eyes shift to the guild message list. Watching a conversation between Aquan and Valentine in regards to some beginner quest storm past in a blur, turns out the dude was a cook. Who knew there were more people training to become like Gaius. He smiled at the notion and took another bite of his roll. No matter how hard they tried: Blueberry, Freya or Aquan. They'd never reach Gaius's self-given prowess as a cook. He took pride in his strange culinary genius. As a mental fuck you to maggie who thought'd he'd fail. His gaze looks back to Freya and he offers her this. "Ooh so close, I think you almost got um." with a snicker.

Edited by Gaius

Hearing Gaius's words just makes her that much more on edge. "Close...Not even...I think it just wants to play games." She says this still staring at this thing in front of her. It was in its element and Freya had no advantage here. "I will have you..." when she says that the cat snarls and jumps back. It spits fire at Freya's feet and hopes to another platform of land. Freya jumps back from the flames saying "Okay so you have fangs and two tails. You spitfire from your face, show me what else you got. Give me a reason to want you right now. Give me a reason why I should continue trying to take you for myself." Freya stares in its direction as it growls at her now from the other small dirt ground. "GIVE ME A REASON WHY I SHOULDN'T JUST LEAVE YOU HERE!" Freya yells at the creature now... She moves her wet hair from her face now just letting the anger sink in. For a moment she actually forgot that Gaius was here... 

ID# 179529 results: Battle: 10, (Fitting) Craft: 2+1=3, Fail! At Taming [3/4]

Edited by Freya

The dragoon couldn't help but laugh at the response before he offered a counter-argument. "What did ya expect? Were in a fucking game, Love. Of course, its going to play games. Just get in there and pile drive the bitch." he was speaking from experience, it was exactly how he tamed his own. Freya was getting more and more heated, and with it a pique in Gaius's interest. This chick didn't back down, she just wanted what she was after. Finally, she was pushing herself and not getting caught up in the little crap that popped up and made it difficult. "There ya go! that's more like it." Gaius barks as he raises from the stone. Jamming the rest of his roll into his gullet he leaps clean. Landing in the water with enough force to cause a spray of mist, now he could help her out given she was no longer expecting him to do all the damn work.

Edited by Gaius

At this time she hears the splash behind her but she doesn't pay much attention to that. Anger was building as she charges at the creature again. The large Cat growls at her as Freya leaps of the ground to tackle the creature. -Poof- as Freya hits the solid ground with an "oof" and the thing was gone...or so she thought. "Where the hell did you go. Get back here and fight me..." she says as she hears a tiny growl now. Freya gets to her feet and looks around. It was nowhere to be found...A small meow around her, almost like a kitten..."What the hell... It was just here, there is no way that it could just vanish." Glancing a few feet from her she sees an afterimage of flames with nothing in it..."Get back you little shit," Freya says speed-walking toward the direction she thinks it has gone. "Dam it," she says glancing around now...

ID# 179530 results: Craft: 2+1=3, Fail! At Taming [4/4]

Edited by Freya

The wind begins to build about his frame, amplified by his moxie and coming manhood. "Alright, let's get us a ca...? The fuck did it go?" Gaius asked her as he twisted on his heels to face her. "I thought you had it?" the wind pressure continued causing both player's hair to flail about. Looking through the horizon earnestly looking for where the hell the thing could have run as the flames it produced were sucked away. Nothing, what was a spook? Great, she had to pick the teleporting one to try and slap a chain on. Rubbing his hair rather feverishly he quenches a blend of confusion and irritation. The current rises and begins to build, storing more and more pressure for a sudden burst of speed once he had a target. He just needed to spot the damn thing again then he'd have a way to hold it down, or at least by Freya the same.

Edited by Gaius

"I thought I did too, but it's just gone...I can still hear it but it doesn't sound the same from before." Putting her weapon away now with an angry grunt, she looks around. "I am done playing games with you Kitty Cat. Join me or leave," though she prefered it to come with. She didn't want to spend hours out here looking for a creature that didn't want to be found. She was getting hungry and it was already just about midday. Pushing her hair back with both of her hands she gives out a slow exhale of breath, closing her eyes in doing so. Calming herself from the outburst. "Let's get out of here," as she says this she feels a tug on her pant leg. Glancing down she sees a small cat with 2 tails with the same markings and the same red eyes as the large animal... Freya understands now how it vanished as it did. "You come to join me have you," Freya gets to a knee slowly and puts her hand in her pocket. It jumps backward with caution and watches Freya.  

ID# 179545 results: Loot: 16+7=23, Success! (Familiar Found Again)

Edited by Freya

Gaius reaches for the hand in her pocket "Trying to scare the shit out of it?" The flurry fades, and as he had with Boris when he was training his familiar he takes the food from her grasp. "Don't force yourself on it, it doesn't work." he offers and pulls a piece off and tosses it toward the cat. It nibbles for a moment on what falls. "Like that? Try this one." Another underhanded toss a bit closer. He shoulder checks Freya and drops it back into her hand, egging her to continue as he looks to her with a smile. He takes a step back to reduce the pressure, allowing the girl to take the reigns. It was on her now to finish this. The thought of his lunch was riddling his brain, with a growl dormant in his stomach despite having just eaten something. Maybe something with cheese. Sounded pretty good, he'd had just about enough mushrooms these past few days.

Edited by Gaius

Freya nods softly and gets to her feet and back away a bit. Taking a piece off she tosses it to the cat. It walks forward to the food and nibbles at it. Freya smile tossing another piece. It snags that too and glances at Freya with a tilted head. Giving a small chuckle, Freya tosses another and walks to the tree and sits. She places the remaining food on her knee after crisscrossing them. She sits and waits for the small thing to come to her now. It sniffs the ground with a huff. Looking to Freya as she was looking outward away from it. Slowly it makes its way to the food sitting on Freya's knee and eats it. Freya glances down at it now with a smile. Holding her hand out now with another piece of food, the cat eats it right out of her palm. "I don't have a name for you yet, but I will soon," she says as the Cat rubs against her leg with a purr now. "Now I can make our food," she says with a chuckle. 

ID# 179546 results: Craft: 11+1=12, Success! Tamed her?

Kilala.jpg

Edited by Freya

The change in tactics seems to work and now with her gerbil undertow, Gaius was eager to return. He'd forgotten to ring Kasumi but thankfully this had not taken too awful long. With any luck, Boris would still be out cold. A quick hop returns him to the bridge and on top of its surface, his vision hops to Freya. "You uh comin or am I leaving you out here?" Gaius threatened in a jest, that same cocky smile strapped to his lips. Another growl of his stomach confirms it was time to leave, and through his head was a myriad of recipes. They scattered around in his dome in possibility, and it dawned on him. "Wait a second, your cooking. You still owe me a meal, you lazy shit." his attention had shifted around so rapidly he'd failed to notice that was Freya's intention. "So hurry your ass up, and bring the furball."

The furball hops on Freya's shoulder, it was a little bigger than the size of both her palms right now. Tiny little thing, as she gets to her feet and makes a jump for the ledge. Not as easily as Gaius but she manages to get up to the bridge's flat surface. It was then she realized what Gaius said..."You didn't hear me right, I said I was already cooking, you get to sit there and wait while I cook you a meal that will blow your mind." At least that was the hopes, giving him a glance with a grin while walking past him. She starts to think of what to make them when they get back. Maybe steak with a mixed veggie side. She gives her new friend a neck rub with her finger as it purrs, Freya giggles a bit. Freya stops petting her and it starts to naw on Freya's hair. Letting it happen she calls over her shoulder "I need to take a shower too I smell like sewer water. Maybe a bathhouse or something after I make the meal. I hope you like meat..." As they walk back into town she meets with the Gypsy that seemed to be waiting for her. Giving the remaining fiend food she vanishes like before and Freya just shakes her head as she continues to make her way toward Gaius's shop to cook for him. Thinking for another moment she says "Do you have an extra room that I could stay in. Eruda is going through some shit and I feel like right now she just needs to be alone."  

Edited by Freya

Obliging her request the girl moves to catch up and Gaius begins to head toward the given settlement, allowing a pause for Freya to pass off the given food from the creepy-ass NPC. The thing looked like a Disney villain with rickety hands like Skeletor. The very design made his skin crawl. "Good, glad you get it then. For the first time in a while, I'll be the one waited on and not the other way around. Hot damn I hate those idiots. You can deal with them Love, I can't stand the repeat offenders who just lounge around the place." the gerbil cat thing seemed tamed and pleased, and with that a roaring success that matched his turbulent stomach. Hopping on the pad before Freya he offers a salute and with a cry to his surroundings, a flash of light and he descends back to floor 7. He didn't catch the rest of that rabble, she was left talking to a kiosk.

Freya couldn't help but chuckle as he ignored or maybe didn't even hear her question. Following him quickly to the pad as he teleports away she calls out to floor 7 and disappears herself. Landing on floor 7 she walks behind Gaius thinking about what happened earlier. The kiss...what did it mean if anything. It was amazing and she couldn't help but dwell on it. Arriving at his shop now she gets right to work. Making her way around the kitchen, gathering what she needed and looking for others. Finding another room within the kitchen, an inventory room with so much food and ingredients inside. Her eyes gleam a bit looking at everything. Glancing inside a cooler that was found...Meats. Taking out a steak and grabbing some carrots and green peppers, she walks back to the kitchen and starts frying the steak upon the stove with some water in the skillet. In another pot, throwing some baby carrots in with water to let boil. dicing the peppers and tossing them into the pot with the carrots.

After some time her meal was complete. On a plate, she sets a slab of well seasoned medium-rare steak with a side of soft carrots and peppers mixed with shredded cheese on top of the veggies. With last adding, a parsley leaf neatly placed on the steak. Walking out from the Kitchen with a plate she sets in front of him with a glass of water, she smiles and sits down across from him, hoping that he would like it even just a little. "I need a place to stay, my living arrangements are complicated and I need somewhere reliable to stay. Do you have an extra room..." she asked in a soft voice hoping that he would like the meal just enough to let her stay.  

"Sure do." Gaius remarks without a second thought as he began to attack the meal like a ravenous beast. "Tree oof dem." Offered with a full mouth. A hearty gulp clears his cheeks and he looks to her and speaks bluntly "But you ain't sleeping in mine, you can take the one in the middle." The knife drags across clean through the steak, clipping free another piece. Boris hadn't gotten into anything in their absence. He remained tuckered out and it wasn't until the smell of a cooking meal that he found his way back downstairs. Tossing a little slice of carrot at the tiny bear. He nibbles on it before he takes note of Freya's new little buddy. Tapping the cat's white fur in surprise, she shutters and tries to retreat. A coo in softness as he pops off a bit of the food Gaius gave him and begins to share. "You are a damn butterball, you know that." Gaius barks tossing a piece to the cat.

"You can use my kitchen and one of those rooms. I don't really care. But I got a whole damn day ahead of me." A sudden ring prompts his HUD, it was from Raidou calling people to floor 21. "Well I did." Ripping out the gold key from his chest pocket, he plucks the very same from Freya's hand. Tapping them together they both flash in gold and he tosses it back to her. "Consider yourself hired." He hops from the stool and leaves an empty plate on the bar counter for her to clean up.

Quest Complete:
Freya:
4*SP (2 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Reward)
Familiar (Fighter) - Hineko [Here]
Gaius:
3*SP (2 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus)
Simmone (Guild Treasurer):
800*Col (800 Thread Closure)