[F08] <<Treant Conflict>>

Floor 8
<<Treant Rivalries>>
Party Limit: 4 | 20+ Posts
Repeatable for standard thread rewards.

Fantasy male blue eyes hair long beautiful blond fairy flower sword elf  wallpaper | 1440x1862 | 866491 | WallpaperUP

Quest Rewards:

• 700 Experience Points
  • 250 col
  • Each player receives:
    • Blessing of Barkskin
      • A small piece of wood engraved with the blessing of the forest. Upon use makes the wearer's skin appear to be more like bark.
      • Increases Mitigation by 25 for 1 thread. This item has 3 charges and is destroyed on the third use. 
  • Unlock the <<Treant Treatise>> Quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay being summoned to meet the Treant King, who, due to a name that is too difficult to pronounce, goes by <<Ned>>.
  • Roleplay speaking with the Treant King, Ned, and the Prince Needlethorn.
  • Sneak past or defeat the three Elven Guards who protect the entrance.
    • Player must successfully pass a stealth check from all guards who have a passive search rating of 13.
  • Confront and defeat Arun, Commander of the Elves.

Summary:

While traveling in the Sacred Grove of Baobab, one of you hears the deep rumbling voice of the Treant King who resides in the center of the clearing. Looking up, the players find him peering back down at them, taking a moment to examine them before continuing. 

"Within you... I feel great resolve. I have lived in The Great Forest for quite a long time. Since then, I have been pushed from my proper place at my mother's side, and have since spent years watching my kin fall to the fiery magics wielded by the elves. This is a malfeasance I can tolerate no longer. They threaten the continuance of my people and the Forest. I can no longer sit idle." Ned looks upwards at a large group of treants that were gathering at the edge of the grove. 

"Soon, we shall launch our assault upon the elven city in an attempt to bring down the gate and lay bare the heart of their settlement. However, part of me fears that we shall not succeed. Their strength remains greater than ours, as their numbers always have been.   I doubt if we can even push to the gate. However... I believe it may be possible to distract their main force and leave their capital relatively unguarded. Perhaps you could slip in and force the queen into submission while her guard is away. I don't typically like resorting to such tactics, but we have few options remaining. If you get the chance I would like you to at least attempt to smooth things over peacefully." The ground shakes as another treant comes forward, his body covered in thick thorns. 

"We are prepared to move in, father. With a force this strong, we should be able to sweep aside anything that stands in our way." The seems pensive and hesitant before replying.

"Needlethorn, my son. Do not become overconfident and forget the threat that the elves pose. I fear you underestimate them. Move with caution. If they are willing, these humans shall assist you for this battle. They shall sneak in while you draw the elven defenders away. I hope you are able to push through and meet up with them." Prince Needlethorn gives the party a skeptical glance.

"You think mere humans can be of some worth? At least I don't have to worry about them being in the way." Needlethorn grunts dismissively before stepping away back to rejoin the main force of treants, giving the King a chance to speak his final instructions in peace.

"Forgive him. He is young and allows his power to go to his head. I suppose it is my fault for allowing these outbursts, but I am old and lack the zeal for further conflict. Five hundred years ago, I was able to best even the current Queen of the Elves' husband. Best of wishes to you, friend.  May the forest guide you down the right path." The players head out with the force a short time later.

About halfway through, Needlethorn shall show them down a path which will bring the player around to the other side of Ellesmera where they can begin their infiltration. 

The players should be able to just walk into the city without any trouble.  The elves do not recognize them as a threat, unless any in their number bears an orange icon. It doesn't take much to notice that the city is sparsely populated and under-defended.  Only three guards remain standing by the front entrance to the palace, curled around the massive trunk of The Great Tree. 

As a group, the players must decide whether to slip past the guards or defeat them. Should any player confront the guards they will enter a battle stance and demand that they leave the palace and city alike. If they do not oblige, the guards will attack. Whichever approach is taken, as the players enter the building, a bright flash of light will shoot into the sky,, like some sort of red flare. It immediately flushes any hidden player out of hiding and prevent them from re-initiating the skill for the next several minutes. If a player snuck in, they can close and lock the door behind them, preventing the three guards from attacking them. 

The players have little choice but to press on, into the palace.  A beautiful set of hand-carved wooden stairs leads up to the throne room. Seated upon it is the Elven monarch; the queen herself. She gazes over at the players before scolding them.

"It was foolish for you to come here. You have broken several laws of our city and now stand before me, the queen, armed and with hostile intent. I don't believe that you act on your own, but to think that the King of Treants is resorting to sending assassins? It is beneath him. Don't think even for a moment that I will be defeated so easily." As if on cue, a burst of light emanates from the roof of the palace and an elf falls through to the ground. As he lands, a wave of flame spreads thinly across the floor. Brandishing his spear, Gungnir, the elven commander glares at you before charging.

Outline: 

NPCs:

1000?cb=20160128205212

<<Ned, King of the Treants>>
A being said to have existed for over 10,000 years and presiding as the ruler of the Treants for the last few thousand. Standing at fifty feet tall, none are larger save for the Great Tree itself. His voice carries a deep wisdom and care for the forest as well as rumbling the ground with every word. 

Dryad | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Fandom

<<Needlethorn, Prince of the Treants>>
Prince of the Treants and son to <<Ned>>, he is quite strong for his age. Only a bit over five-hundred years, his prickly personality has caused for his body to become covered in pointy thorns capable of skewering those who come too close to him. 

Enemies:

Male Elf Fighter Warrior - Pathfinder PFRPG DND D&D 3.5 5E 5th ed d20  fantasy | Elf warrior, Fantasy art men, Male elf
<<Elven Guard>>
<<Elven Guards>> typically are found roaming Ellesmera. They are quite agile and trained in the sword and low-leveled magic. They fight in the service of the queen and will lay down their life for her. 

HP: 150/150 | DMG: 50 MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 EVA: 2

Abilities:

• Restoration | When below 75 HP, the Elven Guard will use their post action to heal themselves for 50 HP. This ability has a 2 turn cooldown.

5RipaFYDU89yBCspWGJZFdnjw39gdCCWD9YKfKjQ

<<Arun, Commander of the Elves>>
One of the strongest Elves to roam the Great Forest and currently commander of the Elven army. He wields the magic spear, Gungnir, a weapon infused with the power of fire. In the eyes of the Treants, he is the most threatening figure in the army of the Elves.

HP: 450/450 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Burn 14 (2 turns on 9-10) | Battle Healing 30

Abilities:

• Firestorm | On a CD 10-12, Arun will leap up and throw his weapon into the center of the room instead of attacking normally, washing over all of his opponents with a flame attack that ignores mitigation and evasion.  This attack hits all party members automatically.
  • Greater Restoration | When below 150 HP, Arun  will use his post action to heal himself for 150 HP. This ability has a 2 turn cooldown. 
  • Mercy | The first time he is knocked below 50 HP his health bar will go no lower.  Arun will attempt to surrender and no longer attack, though the players may then press their attack to kill him. If this option is chosen, begin the Mercy Ending.

Epilogue:

Mercy Ending

Spoiler

As Arun kneels on the ground, his spear clatters to the floor beside him. He breathes heavily, severe damage apparent on his body even though it is slowly healing. 

"You have bested me... human. I was... no match for you. However... I can't allow you to attack the queen. She can handle herself... but she is important to the people of our city. I beg of you to have-" A sharp, female voice from the throne cuts him off. 

"That is enough! I can handle myself, thank you very much. Your mercy is appreciated, strangers. It shows me that you are moral creatures, and that you don't truly mean ill towards me or my people, but instead care deeply scars that more murderous actions would leave upon your souls. If you speak for the Treants, I am inclined to listen to you. However... that doesn't mean I am willing to accept any terms. I will only settle for an end to the war if it suits my people. I am not going to just surrender and move from our ancestral home." Haela shall step forward, and cast a healing spell that will completely heal Arun. Arun nods gratefully to his liege, then step to the side of the room where he will continue watching.

A screen appears before the player displaying their rewards and show that a new quest has begun.

Murder Ending

Spoiler

As Arun falls, he dissipates into blue pixelated shards that will fill the room and smothers it in silence. It is broken, moments later, by the sound of footsteps as Haela approaches. A fierce look burns in her eyes as she advances, stopping only just beyond arm's reach of the party. 

"You have proven your mettle by taking down our strongest warrior. And, by the absence of Arun at the main battle, I am sure it won't be long before the Treants break into our city. Many of my people shall die and the Treants will win the war. The King of Treants gambled to take the king piece off the board, and it worked. Before long, we shall be in checkmate." Haela looks to the side as she mentions. "I have failed in my position as queen. However, as long as I stand, you will not leave here alive." Haela brandishes her polearm and shield.

A screen appears before the player with their rewards and show that a new quest has begun. 

Floor 8
<<Treant Treaties>>
Party Limit: 4 | 20+ Posts
Prerequisite: Must have completed <<Treant Rivalries>>
Repeatable for standard thread rewards.

Quest Rewards:

• 1,000 Experience Points
  • 450 col

Requirements:

Mercy Route (Only available to those spared the Commander Arun)

Spoiler
  • Roleplay speaking to Haela and convince her to enter a treaty favoring both the treants and the elves. 
  • Earn the trust of Haela by rescuing her husband, Lumen, from the Treant prison. 
  • Roleplay returning to Baobab to speak to Ned to find the location of the prison, and receive the key to the prison.
  • Use a post action to use the key to open the prison.
  • Earn a collective LD of 50 calming down Lumen as he attacks the party members, or kill him. 
  • Those who calmed Lumen 
    • Accompany Lumen to defeat <<Surtas, the Great Flame>> in No Man's Land. Lumen cannot die or else the Killed Lumen Route shall begin.
    • Return to Haela and deliver Lumen to her.
    • Return to Baobab and Roleplay the ending. 
  • Those who killed Lumen
    • Return to Haela and inform her that Lumen had already fallen.
    • Return to Baobab and Roleplay the ending.

Killer Route

Spoiler
  • Roleplay speaking to Haela
  • Defeat Haela, Queen of the Elves
  • Speak with Haela and Needlethorn
  • Return to Baobab and roleplay the ending. 

Summary:

Mercy Route

Haela stands before the player(s), having earned her respect in sparing Arun after besting him in combat. "You show that you yourself care about the elven people by sparing one of our own lives; however, I am not sure if the Treants hold the same respect. They care about the forest, and the forest alone. They do not care for the elves even though we are inhabitants of the forest and aid its growth with our magic." Haela takes a step back, looking away as she ponders something for a moment. "If the Treants wish to gain my trust... they can start by returning my husband to me. They have him locked away for several hundred years in a prison unknown to me. If Ned is willing to return him to me, I understand that he is willing to end the war. The reason should be made clear to you soon enough." With that said, the new objective for the quest is to return to Baobab and speak to Ned.

As the player returns to Baobab and voices the Queen's demands, Ned shall remain silent for a moment. "I should have known this moment would come. It has been so long that I had almost forgotten. Lumen, the King of the Elves, and the strongest of them to ever live. While he isn't the one to rule the elves, his strength is only to be matched by my own when I was younger. I have sensed his power become dull while he has been locked away in his impenetrable prison; however, I am sure he has just entered a sleep state to conserve power. You would probably refer to it almost like hibernation," A branch from Ned lowers down, offering up a strange looking dagger. This dagger's hilt is made from wood and the blade itself doesn't appear to be made of metal.  "I have fashioned the key to be easily wieldable by own of your stature. Just South of this location you will find yourself in front of a wall of trees so thick that they can't be walked through. It serves as the gate to the prison. Strike the wall with this weapon and a small enough opening should be created for you to step inside."

Once the player finds the prison of trees, they will find them to be not the average tree, but covered with a bark as hard as steel. No matter what attempt to break, burn, or destroy the trees shall have no effect. However, upon the key being slashed into one of the trees, it shall make way, allowing enough room for a human to walk in between them. They will find the prison to be shrouded in complete darkness, the sun blocked out by the thick overhanging trees that prevent upward escape. As they step forward through the darkness, they will find a sudden light as small yellow orbs lift into the air like fireflies and bring a warm yellow light to the room. The prison is rather large, appearing to be several hundred meters in each direction. Large gashes can be found in a few of the trees, but nothing else major to note. In the very center of the room, floating just a foot above the ground stands a white-haired elf, a white sword resting in his right hand. His hair floats around him and the yellow orbs almost seem attracted to his very being, floating curiously around him. As players approach, the elf's eyes will open slightly and there will be little time for them to react before a sweep of light slashes the area where they stand. From here, players must attempt to speak some sense into the half-asleep elf or kill him. 

>> Those that calmed Lumen

Lumen hesitantly halts his attacks, taking a look at his opponents for the first time. "I... apologize. I am still... very tired. The last I remember... hunting Surtas and being ambushed by the king of Treants, Nedshanta Cor'Quessir, who thought I was preparing to cross No Man's Land into his territory." His half-closed eyes search the perimeter for a moment.  "How... have you come here? Even at full strength I was unable to break through." As the player mentions the situation of how they came to rescue himn, Lumen will shake his head. His voice seems to be more of a mumble instead of words.  "It won't matter... if Surtas isn't dead. It causes much of the death in No Man's Land. With all this time... I am sure it grew even stronger. I knew it would eventually become a threat when I seen a firefox with three tails. I... can't return home until I have completed my mission." 

Players shall follow Lumel to No Man's Land, finding that Lumel's name and health bar has joined the party. Upon arriving at No Man's Land, Lumel will once again draw his blade before closing his eyes. "It comes." Is all he says before the party is rushed by a six-foot tall firefox, with nine tails sprouting from its behind. "It cannot die until all of its tails have been taken out." 

As Surtas falls, Lumel will smile. "Good. No longer do I have to worry about the Forest becoming engulfed in flame. We may now return to my homeland. I hope it is just as I left it." The party returns to Ellesmera, to find the gate to the city in ruins, the large force of Treants waiting just outside. Many of them seem charred or are missing limbs. Inside of the gates lay many elven warriors who have healers tending to their wounds. A ceasefire seemed to have occurred and the fighting momentarily stopped. As the party approaches and the NPC's notice Lumel, many treants seem uncomfortable while many elves gasp with joy. Of course, the biggest reaction comes from Haela who had been tending to the wounded warriors. Tears streaming down her face, she rushes forward, clinging to the elf. "Lumel... I was worried I would never get to see you again! What they've done to you... it doesn't matter you are safe now." After a hug that lasts over a minute, Haela pulls back from Lumel to look at him. Lumel has a smile on his face, but it appears to be dazed. "It seems you kept yourself alive after all of this time by putting yourself to sleep." Haela lifts her hand to Lumel's face, touching his forehead. A faint green glow is seen before Lumel's eyes open the rest of the way. "It will take some time but you will be back to normal in no time my love." Haela finally turns her attention towards the party and says, "You have done me a service I can never repay. I will try to pay in some small amount to that debt by allowing treaties to begin taking place between myself and the Treants. I would be willing to allow them to live within Ellesmera." 

>> Those that killed Lumen

Lumen sinks to his knees, his weapon clattering to the ground. Defeated, he pixelates, becoming blue shards that float away with the wind. The prison becomes silent as the party's next objective is to return to Ellesmera. 

Upon return, the players find the gate to the city destroyed, the Treants sitting just outside. Just through the gates lay several wounded elves, being tended to by those wielding healing magic. As the party steps forward, they will notice Haela staring at them from across the way witha  confused expression. As she approaches, she asks but one question. "Where is Lumen? Was the Treant King not willing to give him up? If not, I am going to continue this war." As the party explains that he is dead, she will become taken aback for a moment. "Impossible... there is no way he can be dead! There has to be a mistake! Without him..." She never finishes her thoughts. 

"Leave here. Tell the Treant King he and his people can return to living here. I suppose the Elf tribe will be run into ruin in a thousand years. With my husband dead, none shall replace me on the throne. Our customs prevent me from marrying any other man, and there is no other way to decide the next ruler without bloodshed." 

Killer Route

"You will shortly regret what you have done here." She raises her shield hand where a light begins to emit. "I won't be going down easy. Not only do I wield spirit magic, within me is the strength of every queen before me. Our Royal power is passed down and can be drawn on by our descendants!" Haela waves her hand, and a deep fog begins to sweep the area. Within seconds the area is flooded with a thick fog, concealing the location of Haela. All that allows the player to know that she is still around is the fact that they are randomly bombarded with a spear of light energy and she hurls a magic attack at opponents. 

As Haela's health bar would drop to 0, it stops at 1. From there, it rises again back up to full and the fog in the area completely fades. "You can't defeat me as long as I've got my mind set on defeating you! Now, feel the power of the Queens of the past!" She raises her shield hand once more, another light beginning to emit. However, this time light rains down on the area and four aethereal figures appear before the party, armed to the teeth. The party will have to destroy these figures before being able to attack the queen again.

For a second time, Haela's health bar stops at 1 HP remaining before rising back up til full. "I don't understand. You've... defeated my own power and the power of the Queens before me." Tears of anger begin to stream down Haela's face. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" She wipes the tears from her eyes before steeling herself once more. "I guess... the only way to defeat a monster is to become one..." Haela thrusts her spear into the ground and closes her eyes. Raising both hands, a green aura begins to surround her. A wind begins to spew forward and the green aura slowly darkens until it is black. This happens to Haela's hair as well. Her eyes snap open and one of them has gone dark as well. "I will do everything in my power to defeat you. I've even converted my own energy into dark power to defeat you. Such is taboo for our people as the change is permanent, but I will do anything to protect my people." With that, Haela begins to attack again, fighting stronger than she had previously. 

As Haela stands defeated, her health will stop at 1 but will not rise again.  "I don't get it. I used everything I had and still lost. I couldn't protect my people." As she falls to her knees, the wall to the building will be broken as Needlethorn makes his way through. "It would seem I have missed much. The queen has already been defeated. This brings the elves into Checkmate and we have won the war." The treant prince seems rather amused. "You were a formidable opponent, Haela. However, if you do not surrender now, our forces will no hesitate to wipe the rest of the elves in this city. We have spared most Elves by only injuring them. Surrender the city and leave peacefully and no more blood shall be shed. You may make home somewhere else, but wherever it is you are forbidden from using magic or weapons and any elves found using them shall be executed. Do you understand and accept these terms?" Haela begins to shudder for a moment before nodding her head. "Excellent. Human, return to my father and let him know of our victory. Of course, as the king he must set everything into motion. You have done well and impressed me." 

Outline: 
Mercy Route

Spoiler

Allies:

#black clover from Illustration Log

<<Lumen>>
 Husband to Haela and widely known as the strongest elf to ever exist. Wielding countless Light Spirits, he is able to fight extremely well. His power over spirits grant him extra speed, strength, the ability to levitate and more. However, his power is severely lowered due to a self-induced hibernation hundreds of years ago after he was captured by the Treants.

HP: 700/700 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 |  EVA: 2 | Battle Healing 30

Abilities:

• Flash Strike | At untraceable speeds Lumen moves behind his opponent and swipes his sword, sending a slash of light at his opponent. Deals 75 minimum DMG and increases his EVA by 1 until Lumen's next turn. Used on the first turn, and then whenever available afterward. 2 turn cooldown.
  • Judgement of Light | Lumen ensnares his opponent between several swords of light created by magic. These swords then rush forward and strike them from all sides. Deals 50 extra damage and ignores half of the target's mitigation. Activates on a critical hit, takes priority over <<Flash Strike>>
  • Blessing of Light: 
    • While fighting Lumen: Permanently increases the damage of all Lumen's attacks by 25. 
    • When Allied with Lumen: Increases the party's base DMG by 4 for their next critical attack and permanently increases Lumen's attack by 10. Activates on a CD 10-12 and still makes an attack afterward.

NPCs:

Queen. | Anime princess, Kid icarus, Anime

<<Haela, Queen of the Elves>>
A millennia old Elf that has served as Queen since the fall of her mother fifty years prior. Despite her age, she appears to be a young woman. She intends to be the ruler that ends the war before passing it on to her eventual offspring. 

Enemies:

Kumiho- Korean myth: a fox that reaches 100 will grow eight other tails and  obtain shapeshifting powers. Usually they… | Kitsune fox spirit, Kitsune  fox, Fox spirit

<<Surtas>>
A firefox that was able, with some strange mutation, to be able to gain stronger overtime. It has grown to the point that it has nine tails and has become a large threat to the entire forest. To be defeat, each of its tails bust be cut off. 

Surtas' Tail #1 - HP: 50/50
Surtas' Tail #2 - HP: 50/50
Surtas' Tail #3 - HP: 50/50
Surtas' Tail #4 - HP: 50/50
Surtas' Tail #5 - HP: 50/50
Surtas' Tail #6 - HP: 50/50
Surtas' Tail #7 - HP: 50/50
Surtas' Tail #8 - HP: 50/50
Surtas' Tail #9 - HP: 50/50
DMG: 175 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2

Abilities:

• Counter of Fire | Deals 50 unmitigatable damage to any entity that destroyed a tail since its last action as a free action.
  • Illusion of Fire | Only 1 Tail may be targeted at a time, meaning no AoE attacks.

Killer Route

Spoiler

Phase 1

#Palutena from AutomaticGiraffe

Haela covers the area in a thick fog, making visibility for players next to nothing. Unseen, Haela will begin barraging the player with her holy spear by thrusting it forward and sending a projection of the weapon into the player. Inside of this fog, Haela can see everything, making stealthed players instantly found. Players only hope is to find her within this fog and bring her health down.

HP: 500/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 125 | ACC: 4 | Battle Healing 30

Abilities:

• Mystical Fog[Field Effect] Stealth doesn't work in this phase as well as any auto-hit abilities. Evasion and Accuracy of all Players is set to a maximum of 1. Players must roll an LD of 6+ in addition to standard BD requirements in order to hit.

Phase 2

Goddess Palutena by bellhenge on DeviantArt

As she rises again from the brink of death, she will use her ability to summon the spirits of the queens of the past to her side to protect her. A glittering light will shine down from above, encasing Haela in a golden light. Four light blue spirits cast themselves down onto the ground. While features can't be made out, it is obvious that Haela's words are true that she summoned her ancestor's help. 

HP: 500/500 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | Battle Healing 30

Abilities:

• Spirit Protection | Cannot be targeted until all four <<Royal Spirits>> have been defeated.
  • Spirit Arsenal | Haela's spirit weapons ignore 25% of the target's mitigation.

Pin on all u need is love♥

<<Royal Spirit>>
Spirits of the Queens of old, serving their tribe even in the afterlife. They understand that if their spirit is defeated that they will never exist again; however, they are willing to put everything on the line in the defense of the queen and continuing their bloodline.

HP: 125/125

Abilities:

• Ancestral Armaments | While <<Royal Spirits>> cannot act independently, they strengthen and protect the elven monarch.  When Haela makes an attack, these spirits become spectral weapons that enhance her own attacks, adding 25 DMG per active spirit.

Phase 3
Haela (Phase 3).jpg

Stricken by her inability to defeat her attackers, Haela decides to throw away everything in the hope to defeat them. Corrupting her own spirit magic and turning it into raw power, she once more faces the players at full health. This time however, she's attacking without holding back, prepared to destroy anything and everything in her path. 

HP: 700/700 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1

Abilities:

• Dark Pulse | On a natural MD 6-8, Haela sends a vibration into the target's body that drops them to the ground. Deals normal damage and stuns the opponent
  • Corruption | On a natural MD 9-10, Haela strikes an opponent directly with her weapon, afflicting them with a myriad of status effects. Deals normal damage and gives target a T1 Bleed, Burn, Blight, and Envenom effect each lasting 2 turns. 
  • Destroy (Passive) | Reduces Player's MAX HP by 10% of the damage dealt from physical damage (not from status effects). This effect shall last until the battle is over. 

Epilogue:

Good Ending

Spoiler

Upon returning, the player(s) can find Ned standing near where they left him, his gaze drawn to the sky. As the party approaches, he will speak before giving them the chance. "After all of this time, it has finally all come to an end. It seems my patience has been rewarded. My family and I may return to where we truly belong, and with the Elves assistance the Cypher Rune can be retrieved. I suppose Lumen would be up to such a task, if you managed to wake him up from his slumber." Ned brings his gaze down to the players below him. A deep rumble is head as a sigh of relief escapes from him.  "You truly have done great work. Managing to end a 500 year old war, appeasing both sides. Truly resourceful. Your name shall be honored by our people for centuries to come." 

Ned looks away once more, taking a step forward. A hum emitted deep from his throat. As his humming continues, the players will find that the wind is slowly picking up. Leaves swirl around the player before the wind lifts the player off their feet and gently raises them towards the sky. Above the trees, until the player is easily 100 meters in the air. A voice speaks from a distance, but they can hear quickly. "This is the land that you have saved. Everything that resides within the forest you have saved. The death and destruction shall finally come to an end." 

The player will slowly fall to the ground, gently placed there as the leaves and the wind stop flowing. "If there is anything that myself or my people can do for you, all you must do is ask. As for now, I have an idea for a reward befitting of you." He presents the player with the reward and quest ends. 

Treant Victory Ending

Spoiler

Upon returning, the player(s) can find Ned standing gazing at them with as much of a concerned expression as a tree could make. "You return." Is all he has to say for a moment. "You needn't tell me what has transpired, as I already am aware. Mother has already sent out her cry of pain, as her children fell from more bloodshed. I can't say that I am happy, but I understand that my brethren seek to live in their homeland. Things I am sure, will only become harder from here on out as the hatred between us and the Elves grow deeper."

Ned stretches towards the sun as he continues. "However, I am sure you have done the best you could do. The war itself shall cease and blood shall not be shed for quite some time. My time in this world runs short, I am glad to have seen the end before I go. Now, I can rest next to my mother and not have to mourn my own death." Ned shall then look to the player(s) and present the rewards.