[PP-F21] Gathering [Nature's Treasure] (Valentine)

"Time to start paying him back." A very rich man within Firm Anima helped Aquarian by giving him the money to get an apartment on the 20th floor with a kitchen. Thus, he owed the man some Tier 3 materials, primarily 46 of them to be specific. However, he did not want to do this alone. He tucked a loose strand of hair behind his ear and thought for a moment, not sure of who to ask for assistance. Grimm and Freyd have been exhausted for a moment, so there are not many people he can think of messaging.

"Might as well, he was the first person I ever quested with." His hand hovered over Valentine's name for a moment. He almost felt weird inviting the man to hang with him and gather materials. Both because he was using him as company in order to pay back a debt. But, there was something else nagging at him. He ignored the thought and continued to send the message to the man.

Dear Valentine,
Hey, would you like to go material gathering with me on the 21st Floor?

For a moment he paused, then quickly began writing another reply.

Dear Valentine,
Sorry, I'll call you Val from now on. P.S, I have a consumable for you that might help with gathering.

Spoiler

Level 11
HP: 220
EN: 22
LD: +1
SD: +1
DMG: +1

Equipped:
Rare Tier 1 1HSS: Paralyze, Bleed
Uncommon Tier 1 Light Armor: Evasion
Perfect Tier 1 Trinket: Loot Die +3

Consumed:
Loot Die +3: 175447

House Effect: Filling [+1 LD]

Skills:
Gathering
1HSS Rank 1
Searching Rank 1

Aquan: HP: 220 | EN: 22 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | LD: 8 | SD: 1 | PARA | BLD |

Valentine was brushing his teeth when he received a message. He opened it up and read it over. He finished cleaning up before getting dressed. He had no reason not to take Aquan up on his request. Val had a positive opinion of the guy and did not mind hanging around him. Valentine sent him a message as he was walking.

Hi Hi Aquan
I would be glad to. I am heading up now.

Valentine stepped onto the teleporter reaching floor 21 in less than 14 minutes. Truth be told he was looking for something to do today. It also helped that he was strapped for col so going forging for materials was always a great boon. It took for Valentine to be trapped inside of a videogame to understand the struggles of the middle class people. Not having enough money to buy your own plane on a whim sucked. Valentine found his familiar faced friend and gave a wave. "Hiyo! Did ya miss me." He asked as he gave a bright smile.

Spoiler

Name: Valentine
Level: 22
HP: 440/440
EN: 44/44

Stats:
Damage: 1
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 2
LD: 3
REGEN:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: None
Armor: CloudSkin Armor(Tier 1/Perfect/Light Armor)[EVA 2][REGEN 1]
Trinket: Linkshell (Tier 1/Perfect/Jewelry)[LD +3]

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 3]
Energize
Fishing

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Healer [Rank 1]
Meditation 
Concentration

Mods:
Hyperactive

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*1

Housing Buffs:
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Working: +2 EXP to crafting attempts

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Valentine: HP: 440 | EN: 44 | DMG: 1 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | MIT: 5 | REGEN: 1 

Edited by Valentine

"Of course I missed you Valen- Val. You are a friend of mine." He blushed ever so slightly and waved to the man, walking up to him. He was still happy to see the man, but something was still nagging at him, but he could not tell exactly what it was.

"Shall we get started? Do not want to fill up your time. Also, have you been on this floor? I do not think I have been before. Also, what have you been up to lately? I have mostly been questing and crafting. I am up to Rank 6 in my shop and I have hit level 11. Also, I have an apartment." He was smiling/beaming at the moment. He was not expecting to be at the level he is at now, but it was very uplifting to him that he was.

Aquan reached down and picked up two materials right off the ground, surprising himself. "Oh, that was... Wow that was very easy."

ID: 179737 LD: 4 + 8 = 12 CD: 5
[2 Tier 3 Materials]

Mats: 2

Edited by Aquan

Valentine did not mind chatting while he was working. "I don't mind it at all. I do not have anything actually planned so feel free to take up as much time as you like. Personally I have been on break from questing. I was working on some business stuff from crafting as well. I keep saying I should open up my shop but I have been a bit lazy. Remind me again some other time and I will invite you."

Looking around Valentine did notice some materials that could be used. He gathered up some as he was speaking. "Yeah. This floor is said to be decent when it comes to finding stuff around the place. Also, congrats to having your own place. Real estate is never cheap in this game. I practically made myself destitute buying an estate for Grimm and I. Granted the place is not even remotely done and could use a lot of work. What kind of stuff do you cook at your place?"

ID: 179739 LD: 19
[2 Tier 3 Materials]

Mats: 2

Edited by Valentine

"I made myself Destitute a second time by buying that apartment. I live on the 20th floor. And for cooking? Well my shop I make smoothies. They were my favorite thing to have while growing up. As for random cuisine that I cook, it really depends. I mostly enjoy cooking for other people so I will pick something random and then make it for a few days, the style of food that is. Recently it was Italian, maybe Moroccan next." He smiled and thought about his cooking for a moment.

He came back to reality and looked around, seeing a bundle of flowers that he could pick up in order to count it as materials. "Oh wow, you were not kidding about how many materials you can get on this floor. Also, what prompted you to buy a place so fast? Raidou wanted me to get a place in order to upgrade my ability to find materials, which is my specific goal with this game for right now. Still seems a bit weird to me, but I appreciate the support he gives me."

ID: 179741 LD: 13 + 8 = 21 CD: 4

3 Materials Gathered

Mats: 5

Edited by Aquan

"Those actually sound pretty good. Everyone loves a good smoothie. Your cooking ability must have been very high. Since you were able to make all sorts of stuff that quickly." Valentine stopped to move a stray strand of hair out of his face.

"Circumstances had me living in my own little studio for a bit. When I met Grimm I discovered I did not want to live alone. After dating I always believed the next step was cohabitation. Later I may even pop the question. Besides there is never a place like home." Valentine was able to find more stuff as he looked around the place. "I actually enjoy the company as gathering materials can be pretty boring to do alone. Your gathering skills are really good. It would normally take me an hour to find half of the stuff you do. I guess it is the difference in our stats and skills. I can be pretty trash at finding usable stuff."

ID: 179746 LD: 9 + 3 = 12

[1 Material Gathered]

Mats: 3

Edited by Valentine

Aquarian blushed softly at the praise of his ability. His parents in the real world would say he could cook well, but he was just so open to foods that he would just eat whatever sounded good and try to recreate it. "I suppose I know how to cook... Okay. I just spent a lot of time cooking and trying to figure out foods and ingredients."

Aquan's eyes went wide when he mentioned 'popping the question' but he did not comment on it. He listened to what else the man said about living with someone, having company, and Aquan's skill at gathering. "I suppose I have some set of skill when it comes to gathering. It is what I'm going into so it's difficult to see myself going towards anything else. I am going back and forth with trying to keep myself alive with certain skills, but beyond that I'm hoping to create a surplus of materials for others to take from. I've noticed that people are constantly in need of materials, so helping people lighten that load sounds like right up my alley." He smiles a bit proudly at his goal and what he said. He also quickly grabbed another 4 more materials, this floor literally littered with them.

ID: 179748 LD: 5 + 8 = 13 CD: 11
4 Materials Gathered

Mats: 9

Edited by Aquan

Valentine was having a tough time keeping up. He thought his hands were fast but Aqaun was simply keeping him in the dust. He quickly nodded upon hearing the mans goal. "There is always a reason for more materials. As a cook you would probably go through a lot of them by yourself. So it is impressive that you can quickly gather more than what you are using. The extras you can sell off and make a pretty penny. All your fighting ability would come from your gear. It is not a bad trade off if you are in a party." Valentine stopped to pick up some cool looking mushrooms. He had a faint urge to eat them.

"You would also be able to use the raw materials to exchange for gear so you should never be lacking in anything. It is nice to have a goal. As not everything needs to be fighting. There are more than one way to play this game right." Valentine laughed as he gave Aquan a playful shove.

ID: 179749 LD: 18 + 3 = 21

[2 Material Gathered]

Edited by Valentine

"I've been insanely fortunate to have gotten a decent chunk of materials from Freyd. I've been using those to craft as many things as I can which has been keeping me growing for the past week or so. I definitely do go through a decent chunk of them though. In 10-13 days I'll be completely out of materials again and starting from scratch. Hopefully by then I will have some more gathered up from today and other times that it'll make up for all of the crafting. Do you have any requests for me? I can definitely help you out by making some things you might need. Oh, like this." He hands Valentine a Raspberry smoothie from his inventory. "This should helping the spawning rates of materials around you. I took a consumable before this quest started so hopefully it will help you too." He blushed again and smiles at the playful shove from Valentine.

It made him smile a bit when Valentine was acting so calm and friendly around him. "I need to get a lot more materials before I can start trading them for more gear and money. I know Raidou is good about exchanging materials, and he is a part of the guild too which is nice... Enough about crafting though, how has your training been going? I know you had a milestone of Tier 2 you were going towards, how is the progression going towards that? I'm still a mile away from that."

ID: 179611 CD: 12: 3 Slots of Loot Die [Strongest Raspberry Smoothie] Tier 1 GIVEN to Valentine.

ID: 179751 LD: 3 + 8 = 11 CD: 11
4 Materials Gathered

Mats: 13

Edited by Aquan

Valentine accepted the smoothie and engraved the kindness into his heart. Aquan did not have to share but since he was Valentine knew how to return a favor. "I am still very close. So close I can almost taste it." He stopped talking to take a sip of his smoothie. As the flavor hit his taste buds, Val was glad that facial expressions would normally be harder to see on the 21st floor. He finished it since it was a gift. Not many people knew that he was not a fan of raspberries.

As Valentine looked around the underground waterfall caught his attention. "Let's head over there. There should be some good stuff." As Valentine approached a small stand selling fishing materials took his notice. He gained the fishing skill as a bet but never used it before. He shrugged as he grabbed a line. "I probably will not be able to get something good but who knows." The line was in for three seconds tops before he thought he felt a pull. Valentine wheeled in as a treasure chest popped out. "I guess I got reely lucky."

ID: 179753 CD:12  LD: 12 + 3 = 15

[Treasure Chest fished up]

Edited by Valentine

"How close are you? I'm still half way to Tier 2. It is unfortunate that I can not get there faster, but I know my beginning build becomes obsolete the moment I enter that threshold. How you gotten all the gear that you need in order to buff your build? I know when I get close to Tier 2, I'm going to begin the Familiar quests and go into Floor 17 to acquire my crafting item. Even though I'm Rank 6, I still feel like I'm learning."

Aquan follows the man when he mentions checking somewhere else for possible good materials. He takes a moment to take in the area he was in, but also the company he had. Valentine seemed to warm up to the man quickly and was acting friendly with him. Valentine acting friendly towards him made him feel.... bad? He couldn't shake a negative emotion every time Valentine acted friendly towards Aquan. "It's probably nothing.." He muttered quietly as he saw Valentine begin fishing. 

"I forgot fishing was a possible skill set to acquire. Is it difficult?" He cocks his head and watches as the man fishes up a treasure chest. "I will take that as a no. Do you need a deep lake or will a small pond suffice? Is there a limit on how much you can fish at one time?"

Editing

ID: 179754 CD: 5 LD: 6+ 8 = 14
2 Materials

Mats: 15

Edited by Aquan

"If I am not mistaken I am missing point one percent of experience till tier 2. Afterwards I will be a mid level player. Almost ready for the frontlines of war. This is actually my first time fishing. I had the skill for some time but never got around to trying it. As for the complete specifics I am unsure." Valentine had to answer while he tried to open up the chest. He was excited at the thought of untold riches. His disappointment was almost noticeable when he opened it up to find a mostly empty chest. "I guess this was the reason why it was so easy to fish up."

"You can try getting it later if you want. Seeing as how you show interest in these tertiary type of skills." Valentine readied his fishing line. "I can try walking and fishing as well. That way we do not stop looking for materials. As long as we do not head too far away from the falls."

ID: 179755 LD: 1

[525 Col, 1 Mat Found]

Mats: 6          Col: 525

Edited by Valentine

"I don't know if I would be a front liner. My skill set will take a long time to develop to allow for both my tertiary skill set and damage skill set to come forth in a battle. I do not have many fighting abilities, and those only grow at half-speed in comparison to people like yourself or Grimm. I'm hopeful to get more combat, but only time will tell when I can get there." He shrugged after his little rant about his own skill level.

"Nothing to look down upon. You found Col, which is definitely helpful when you are trying to get a better house. Do you have any ideas of what you might want to get added on to your house? I visited your place one time when we fought the Rhino on floor 24, so beyond that I do not know much about your place other than you can make tea and you have a living room." He smiled and laughed a little. "I also may pick up fishing some time, but probably only fish on this floor." He says as he motions to 4 materials that were just on the ground.

ID: 180141 LD: 13 + 8 = 21 CD: 9

4 Materials Gathered

Mats: 19

Edited by Aquan

"You do not have to be a fighter or such to be frontline. One thing that took me to fight my actual inner demons to learn. There is more than one way to play this game. You can be considered frontline in terms of research and development." Valentine threw the fishing line back into the water. "If you look at me now. In terms of combat ability I outright suck. I have healing skills but cannot heal myself. If I had to fight alone chances of me loosing are really high."

Valentine made a quick yanking motion as his line was pulled on. A crystal clear fish jumped out the water. It had a light luminescence to it. The system recognized it as a material so Val packed it away. "This is a different skill that one I am used to. Who knows. If you fished you luck may be a lot higher than mine. Even know I doubt I can be close to how easily you are harvesting the materials."

ID: 180180 CD: 6

[1 Mat Found]

Mats: 7          Col: 525

Edited by Valentine

He smiled a bit more as Valentine made him feel better about his ability in the long run. "Thank you Valentine. I do appreciate your words and what you're saying. I know things will take a while. Just happy to have people like you and Grimm and all of Firm Anima to support me and help me get to where I want to be. I only hope I can pay you all back in like fashion in the future." He smiles and blushes a bit, shrugging his shoulders as the two of them continued to walk.

Aquan watched Valentine fish up a fish, counting it as a material. "It is strange to see materials being animals. I know animals can drop materials, but them being one in the same is strange. This system sure is peculiar." He mused to himself and looked around the area. "We seem to be picking this area dry. Shall we move on to another area? Also, is there anything you want to talk about? Oh! What about some plans coming up here in the present?"

ID: 180228 LD: 2 + 8 = 10 CD: 2

No Materials

Mats: 19

Edited by Aquan

Valentine put the lure back in the water before his mind comprehended what Aquan asked. "Give me a moment. Let me bring in the line so we can move. Nothing is biting in the current area like you said. Maybe if we move I can gain something else or level up this skill." After Valentine was ready he started to walk to a new area.

"I feel like I had a major mind screw. I think besides getting materials at the moment. I want to practice my sword arts. My healing skills are up to par but in the damage department I am really lacking. What about you? What are your current plans besides looting the floor? You mad man you." Valentine gave a wide smile as he spoke. "If you see an area you like when can head over. As long as we are near a body of water for me to use."

ID: 180317 CD: 3

[Nothing Found]

Mats: 7          Col: 525

Edited by Valentine

"No rush, I know from experience that fishing can take upwards of many hours." He smiles at Valentine and nods. "Major Mind Screw? I feel as though your damage can change drastically, as long as the next SP you get you primarily invest towards attacking rather than healing. While healing is an important skill, damage is always needed. I'm learning that the hard way," he pauses, "Of course you would already knows this, being almost Tier 2 at the moment. I apologize." He blushes softly at that.

He looks over and sees another smaller pond in the distance. "We can go there. And I don't think I'm looting that much on this floor, well.... Maybe a bit." He smiles and bends down, plucking two flowers that the game registers as Materials. "What prompted you to want to fish? With your build being primarily damage and healing, it is interesting to see you change it so drastically to welcome in Looting mechanics."

ID: 180382 LD: 3 + 8 = 11 CD: 3

2 Materials Gathered

Mats: 21

Edited by Aquan

"To be honest I wonder myself at times. I just feel like fishing would be able to make decent money. People look down on looting mechanics as they can be niche. The difference is that they have major value as well. While I can do DPS I will not be doing a lot of it. My main outputs will be from my healing. My fishing will just be a past time when I actually have the time for it." Valentine felt a nibble and reeled in the line. The catch only registered as ingredients that he placed in his inventory.

"Sure, we can move over to that pond as well. Who knows if my luck will be in a better place at the time. As I was saying, who knows what kind of build I fully want. The only thing I want in the long run is to be able to keep the people I care about alive. That includes you as well kiddo." Valentine went to give Aquan a pat on the head. It was nice to have someone he could consider a little brother.

ID: 180384 CD: 7

[+2 Materials]

Mats: 9          Col: 525

Edited by Valentine
  • 1 month later...

Aquan's face erupted into a red hue when Valentine patted him on the head and called him 'Kiddo'. He did not fully know why he enjoyed Valentine's company so much, but he could definitely look up to the man in a variety of different ways. "Sounds good. Lets find somewhere else to look." He smiled a bit and maneuvered the two of them to walk a bit more to the left.

"Hmm. Have we already talked about you and a familiar? I can't remember fully what we've talked about. Sorry I can kind of be everywhere at once. Also, how much longer would you like to walk for? We can stop at anytime you want. Don't want to keep you from Grimm." Again, he could feel something weird about mentioning Grimm, but he still chose to ignore it and not mention it. "Not sure what the two of you do daily."

ID: 182159 LD: 20 CD: 1
2 Materials Gathered

Mats: 23

Edited by Aquan

Valentine was trying to do something he called speed fishing. He would dunk the line into the water as fast as possible and reel it up as if it was a fish trying to run. That way he could spend time walking with Aquan as well as fishing up goodies. It was unfortunate that he was not lucky in the last reel. He managed to gain some more stuff in the way of materials but did not fish up another treasure chest.

"I do not mind just chatting. I do have to head out for some time. We can hang out again some other time. Not that I am trying to get rid of you. It is unwise for me to keep Grimm waiting. Not that he would mind. Unless I am taking up some too much of your time." Valentine packed his stuff but did not depart at the moment. He was waiting to see if Aquan actually wanted to go. That way he would not feel like the rude one.

ID: 182449 CD: 10

[+3 Materials]

Mats: 12          Col: 525

Edited by Valentine