[F02] <<Let There Be Light>>

Floor 2
<<Let There Be Light>>
Party Limit: 4 | 20+ Posts
Repeatable for standard page rewards and extra col from quest rewards.

darkcave.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 500 Experience Points
  • A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25 [Party leader rolls LD. All players receive that amount.]
  • Each player receives: (1) Glow Stone
    • Effect: While holding a Glow Stone, the area around you is illuminated. You and players near you do not suffer any penalties for darkness or low-light conditions. Cannot wield a weapon while holding a Glow Stone, but it can be swapped out and and back in to continue its effect. Effect lasts for one thread.

Requirements:

• Roleplay talking to the frantic Choshi (3+ posts)
  • Defeat (1) Giant Bat upon entering the cave
  • Find Koko on a LD of 15+ (each roll is a post action)
  • Defeat (1) Giant Bat before exiting the cave
  • Roleplay the Ending

Summary:

An erratic woman by the name of Choshi frantically approaches the player the moment they step foot in the town of Urbus. "Pl-please," she begs, "I've been trying to find someone to help me all day. My child--" she pauses, trying to regain her composure. "She-- she was playing in one of the caverns in the mountains with her friend. I-I told her not to go but she didn't listen to me!" Choshi exclaims hysterically, fat tears pouring from her eyes as she pleads for the player(s) to help her. "Her friend came back to me just this moment a-and said that they were attacked by monsters! T-the beast is still in there with her, please, I don't know how long my Koko can last in a place like that!" She sobs and any attempts to comfort or convince her that she is overreacting proves fruitless.

When the player(s) decide to help the woman, her face will brighten up considerably. "R-really? Thank you! Thank you so much, you have no idea how grateful I am," she will say with a wide and relieved smile. "Your e-efforts won't go to waste, I swear! I'll have something for you when you get back, I-I promise!" Once Choshi says this, the location of Koko will be pinned on the player(s) map, signalling the beginning of the quest. 

Outline: 

The player(s) must encounter Choshi, hear her tale of woe and roleplay agreeing to help find her missing child.  They will be attacked by a Giant Bat upon entering the cave where the child is said to have been playing.  Once defeated, each player may spend post actions to roll LD to attempt to locate Koko.  This is a modified roll, with skills and consumable applicable.  Another bat will arrive on the on the post immediately after Koko is found.  Once it, too, is defeated, the player(s) can return Koko to her mother.

NPCs:

let there be light.jpg

<<Choshi>> and <<Koko>>
A very warm and caring mother who lives happily with her daughter, Koko.
A very adventurous and passionate young girl who loves getting herself into trouble.

Enemies:

bat.jpg

Giant Bat:
HP75/75 | DMG: 35

Environmental Effect:

• It's Dark in There | Players without a glowstone, the Night Vision mod, or some other means to aid with sight will suffer a -1 to ACC.

Epilogue:

Spoiler

Koko will run to Choshi the second she spots her when the player(s) enter Urbus. "I'm sorry, Mama!" She wails, her tiny arms wrapping around her mother's waist as she buries her face into her shirt. "I-I won't get into trouble again, I-I promise!"

Choshi's face slowly morphs from surprise to pure joy before she hugs her child back. "It's okay, sweetie. I know you didn't mean for it to happen," she murmurs, coaxing her child as she runs her hand down Koko's hair soothingly. She looks up at the player(s) and gives them a thankful smile. "Thank you... I cannot even explain how grateful I am to you. I am forever in your debt, both me and Koko are." The mother chuckled, tugging on the cheeks of her daughter before she reaches into her dress, pulling out a pouch. "I know it's not much, but please, take it," she says, handing the player(s) the pouch. "It's some money I scraped together... and a little something extra." She looks down at Koko and sighs. "Again, thank you for saving her. I have no idea what I would do if Koko was harmed... and speaking of Koko, what do we say?" 

Koko lifts her face from her mother's clothes and gives the player a toothy grin. "Thank you for saving me!" The girl blurted, which will immediately end the quest, and all players will have their rewards transferred to them.