Item Status

I started a thread awhile back on this but since it's not devoted to profession skills I thought I'd start a new one. When I brought this up we agreed a player has to be honest about what they have and if enough time has passed they have to change it. I'd like to pose an idea to tighten it though and I'd like others thoughts:

It's simple an item be it armor, weapon, accessory, or potion (I don't think Crystals can break) has a time limit it lasts five threads. After that they have to get something new or have it repaired. If not they roll a die and if depending on the number landed it may or may not "break" what it looks like and does is up to the user.

What do you guys think?

I only remember a few occasions in the Anima/manga where they had to repair gear.. even on major MMO's, durability could last for a long time even on shanty gear XD. That being said, who will keep track of the durability or will it be up to the users to "self manage" there gear?

I think the option of Durability should be left up to the person RPing if they feel like they are able to manage it themselves and track it.

I also think that Durability of an item would be close to repaired. That's assuming they found the Boss Room and waited to gather a party to fight the boss. If they just run in after clearing a floor, then one would assume there durability is mildly used XD

Just my two cents ^^

• 1 month later...

I agree with self managing. Users should be able to say if their stuff breaks or not, depending on how it's made. They probably shouldn't be allowed to say something like, "OH, MY SWORD IS MADE OF SUPER STEEL SO IT WON'T BREAK EVAR" but I'm fine with them having a very strong sword like Kirito (if a smith made it and rolled a 12 perhaps)

• 2 weeks later...