[PP-F1] Memories [Pre-SAO]

"Maybe.... Just maybe…. I'm lost." Spencer chuckled to himself and sighed, kicking at a loose rock on the sidewalk. He had never been to this part of the city before, and his travels may have gotten himself lost in the process. Now I know I went left into the city, but beyond that is kind of a blur. Unfortunately it's too dark to ask just anyone for help, I may get mugged that way. His thoughts were cut off when a single raindrop hit his blonde hair. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." He almost growls out in defeat and looks upwards a bit, seeing storm clouds slowly covering the moon.

Spencer pulled the umbrella he carried with him up to cover his head as he continued to walk, the soft trickle of rain slowly growing. He could see a few people on the streets run for cover or pull out similar umbrellas, but now he was all alone on this part of the street, and only getting more lost as he walked. "Maybe I need to call my mom to come get me. I just worry they're busy with guests." His face scrunches up as those words leave his mouth. "Maybe I'll find a kind stranger." Doubt it. He thought in answer to his own comment.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathaniel felt his wound throb as he ran home. The last mission he took had him neck deep in Amazonian mosquitoes with enough malaria to wipe out a Nazi army, if that was not enough he still managed to get stabbed. Now he was taking time off to recuperate and felt stuffed up being home. He took a late not run and felt the rain coming. As a trained soldier it would not bother him to get wet, as a man who cared for his hair, Nathaniel wanted to avoid messing up his precious curls.

"Whoa!" In his rush to get home he ran into another person at full speed. His big build hopefully will not crush the person. He tried to get himself up to apologize. "Sorry about that. Not a fan of actually falling for someone." He dusted off his clothes, a pair of running shorts that showed off his muscles, with a compression shirt and tennis shoes. It was dark and the rain did not help him make out the other guy. He held out his hand to be polite. "If I knock you too hard I can at least be nice and make it up."

Spencer sighed for a moment, then gasped. He felt his frame run into what felt like a warm wall and he stumbled back and slipped, hitting the sidewalk. “Jesus Chri-” He looked up and his face looked shocked softly. Holy shit he’s built like a Greek God. He shakes his head and takes the hand a bit apprehensively. “Thank you… I appreciate the help. Hope you didn’t get hurt running into me.” He could see the man looking a bit worse for wear, but the weather will do that to someone.

Spencer is in black jeans and a Red hoodie. His hair is tucked into a white beanie that is slightly wet. “Oh!” He moves the umbrella to cover the both of them, stepping a bit closer. “Here, hopefully this helps a bit. I’m Spencer by the way, sorry for running into you. I was not looking where I was going.”

"No. No. It was my fault. I was running too fast to stop. Besides cute guys like you don't need to apologize. The frown lines will mess up your nice face." Nathaniel was finding that the impact caused him more pain than he wanted to admit. In order to keep his mind off it he resorted to flirting. "My name is Nathaniel in order to not sound as pretentious as my name my friends call me Nat."

Nat moved his body back but kept his head under the umbrella, he did not want to crowd Spencer out with his larger frame. He combed his fingers through his hair to get excess water out of it. "Well there is a diner one block from here. We can sit there waiting out the rain and order a little. My treat as an apology for running you over. It is the least I can do."  

Spencer pauses. “Oh. Did not expect to get hit on.” He mutters a bit. “Well you’re…. Hot.” He shrugs and in the low light you can see the red. “Well that was a bad pickup line. You’re better at that. And good to meet you Nat.” He smiles and bows softly. ”I’m fine with a diner but you don’t have to pay for me. I got some money.” He smiles and begins walking with him. He can't help but look at the larger man next to him, but he tries his best to hold his tongue, and his eyes.

Spencer, on the walk to the diner, tries to move for the umbrella to cover his body as well. “Are you.. Okay? You seem a little worse for wear, but the weather can do that sort of thing to someone so I don’t blame you.” He looks up to look into Nat’s eyes a bit. Damn he’s tall… How does someone get that much muscle mass as well?! Like this guy must live at a gym. Maybe that's what he does for work?

"I am actually pretty cold and a bit wet. Thanks for the sentiment though. It means a lot when it comes from a cute guy. The pick up line worked if I am still interested." Nat was calm as the pain in his body was subsiding to being only slightly annoying. It was mind over matter with him. The day he used pain killers was the day he would believe the United States gave up guns.

"Would it scare you if I say I was attacked?" Nat made the question sound light and natural. Expressing an injury was a sure fire way to gain sympathy. He considered running into a cutie like this to be a stroke of luck. Nat may not have been one to believe in love or fate, he did believe in knowing a cute guy when he saw one. He also thought since he did not live far he could invite Spencer over after. The Tennys Diner came into view a place that was only less interesting than the International House of Waffles (IHOW). He opened the door and signaled a table for two with his other hand. "After you." He would use the lighting to get a better look at his companion.

He took a breath in. “You sir are mighty dangerous in the best and wor- attacked?!” He paused for a bit and looked up at him, narrowing his eyes. He didn’t know exactly how to react to that sentiment but for some reason he decided to continue going to dinner with him. "May I please have more information than just that?!" He asks the man who is a little more than a stranger. 

He enters the Tennys and moves to the table, still giving the man a look. The bright light of the diner lets Spencer take the man in fully and he is kind of shocked that someone that looks his age has that much muscle mass on his body. He can also see a slightly pained look on his face as he goes to sit down opposite him. “Okay, so if you were attacked.. Why aren’t you in the hospital? Also, what in the HELL prompted you to be attacked?! And.. Why did you tell me?” Unfortanetly he couldn't fully focus on the man's face, Spencer did find him attractive after all. All of this is being said in a stage whisper before the waitress comes around to take their drink order.

Nat gave Spencer a once over and decided this was a dinner worth having. A smile and a reassuring pat was given as he went to sit down across from him. “I was joking. I was lightly scratched by a cat.” Nat found it easier to give a slight lie and misdirection. Yeah, he was scratched by a cat but it was more of jaguar than the small house cat he was trying to make it seem like.

“Can we have two coffee’s. It was a bit cold out and I want to warm up.” Nat spoke without giving the server a glance. He was not interested as he was sure she would be trying to give him her number later. “I was telling you to lighten the mood. I work for the government as a TSA agent. Sometimes we get strange animals coming in.” That was his official cover story as far as all he records show. His main work was usually more clandestine and partial to the government whims. “So you do not need to whisper as if I have some huge secret.” As the only huge thing I have on me is no secret.

Edited by Weed

He let out a soft sigh of relief. "Oooh okay. That explains… a lot actually. Cat scratches can be a bitch and a half. I had a cat for a couple years, fostering him for a family friend, and one time he decided to scratch me. That thing hurt for hours for no reason." He smiled and laughed a bit. "But it's good to meet you, TSA agent Nat. That job sounds like you meet a lot of very, very interesting individuals. My work can be boring so I'm pretty envious of someone who can meet others on the daily."

The coffees were ordered, and the waitress was definitely giving Nat 'The look' but he was not even looking at her. Can't tell if he's rude to wait-staff or just not interested in talking to her. Well he doesn't seem too bad so far. He stretched his arms up and took off his damp hoodie, setting it next to him. Underneath is a soft T-Shirt that portrays a rock band logo. It's a mixture of Black and White. "So Agent Nat, what brings you out this late? Other than running me over? I'm assuming going for a run, as many people don't wear that tight of clothing for no reason."

"I have a ton of stories. Some will shock and maybe even terrify you....." Nat had to take a moment. Admittedly, Spencer was a looker, a solid ten in a place that usually kept a seven as the highest number. "You are a pleasant site for the eyes. To answer your question I am just out to get some exercise in. A man my size can get flabby easily if not kept in shape. I tend to run and train very often because of it. Besides I am body confident, I work hard so I may as well show it off. Double since I am going to spend all day tomorrow playing a game with my little brother." Nat took a sip of his coffee, feeling the warm caffeine traveling in his system warming him up.

"What about you? Someone so small should be at home laying in bed with their lover." Experience was telling him that Spencer should be single. He would check Spencer's response to the question. When taken by surprise most people would make tells when they lied. It would be better for him to know if the man was taken now.

Edited by Weed

Nat's avoidance peaked his interest a bit, but he decided to press on that subject another time. The compliment the larger man gave made Spencer smile softly, a red hue on his face grew as the conversation continued. "If you don't mind me pointing out. You very much are a larger man. In the best way possible mind you." While he was not new to flirting and hitting on someone, it felt a bit daunting when it was to someone who could break him in half without a second thought.

He was just about to comment on the game topic, but the mention of his own size and him having a lover made him choke on his coffee slightly. "Oh uh sorry. I'm not really one that has a lover at this moment. I don't normally go looking for a relationship. Besides, hard to find men in this area..." He trailed off for a moment, taking another sip of his coffee. "You said you are playing a game tomorrow? So will I! But it's probably not SAO... That would be surprising."

Nat was giving Spencer a pointed look. He heard the words 'single' and 'find men' like a shark smelling blood it was all he needed. He would probably not be going home alone tonight. "Hahaha!" He gave a smile as he laughed at the larger man quip. "Well I hope you like what you see. If you think I look good now imagine the site without the clothes." Nat winked as he spoke, he was always one to run head first into a situation.

"Oh! I am actually playing SAO. Sounds childish but the beta testers wrote good reviews about it. As the first full dive game it should be a pretty exciting adventure." His mind was derailed as they talked about SAO. "I think all people should be able to enjoy it. Imagine what you can do in ...."

"Are you two ready to order?" The waitress must have got bored and decided to cut in. Normally Nat would be all in to devour a meal. At the moment he was feeling a different type of hunger with his curiosity. The type that made the waitress more annoying then helpful.

"I am good you can get him whatever he likes. Only thing I am in the mood for is not on the menu. I will take another cup of coffee." His words and tone sounded more brusque. In a way Nat was a bit spoiled and used to people listening to him. The only time he softened his tone was when he was interested in someone.

Spencer was on the verge of a spit take with the sexually charged conversation the two of them were having casually at the diner table. While it was a bit verbally one sided, Spencer had to admit to himself that he was definitely feeling some type of way about the man across from him. Spencer gave the man a very obvious once over and met his companion's eyes, but he could only hold the look for a moment before laughing softly. "Damn dude..."

The mention of SAO distracted him for a moment, letting his mind move back to other conversations. "The game looks amazing in my opinion. I don't know much about video games, but just the ability to travel is a large reason as to why I'm interested. I haven't been able to travel much in my life and being able to do that PLUS medieval wear? I'm excited."

The conversation was interrupted by the waitress who asked what the two of them might want. The comment about 'not on the menu' confused Spencer slightly but he didn't comment much on it. "I'm okay with just another coffee. Thank you." He smiles at her and waits for her to walk away before turning back to Nat. "Also. Are you telling me you are single? Because.... Yeah I don't believe it."

Chugging the rest of the hot coffee Nat was feeling normal. He set the small cup down, grabbed a napkin, and seductively wiped his lips before talking. "Yep. I just want to relax, maybe follow my dream and open a bar. So I am all up to play this game. More so since I plan on playing with my younger brother. He is the only reason I am playing it. I may team up with him and his fiancée at some point." The waitress brought him another cup of joe as if she was waiting on it. When Nat moved the mug he noticed a slip of paper underneath. He grabbed it and tore it up before placing the pieces to the side as if nothing happened.

"I am more single by choice than by chance. My job makes me travel often which is not good for a relationship. If you wanted to count this as a date, it would be called my first one in a year. I rarely get to go out." Nat was smart enough not to insinuate that it was also because people came to him. He was not keen on rocking the boat.

He watched Nat for a moment, studying his facial features for a moment. How did this man win the genetic jackpot in so many ways?! He blinked away his thoughts and listened to him talk about his brother and SAO"That's awesome that you have a sibling who will be joining you! I know for me, my sister wouldn't be caught dead playing a game like this, so it's just me on that front."

He pauses talk of the game for a moment, the waitress coming back with coffee. He looked at Nat rip up the paper, and it made him smile softly. "I definitely wouldn't be against calling this a date. And I'm surprised being a TSA agent has you moving a lot. Must suck not being able to stay in one place for too long.... How long are you in this area for? Would be a shame to have one of the only good looking people in this town go away." It was his turn to try and flirt. He gave a wink at the end of his comment and took a sip of coffee to hide his face a bit.

Nat could be slow but he was never blind. He could easily tell Spencer was into him just as much. Maybe not the freaky type to strip his clothes in front of the staff here. Not that he would mind, even if the paperwork to get away with it would be a pain. "I am going to be here for at least a few months before I have to go on another trip. I am pretty straightforward Spencer as I would say it is my nature. Would it be odd if I asked you to accompany me to the loft? It is close by, even with the rain stopping now we are both still decently wet. It is best not to catch a cold if we both plan on gaming. I also swear not to touch you. Unless you want me to."

There was an air of calmness as well as an undercurrent of tension. Nat may have been wet but he felt heat travel through his body. Pooling in certain areas that made his clothes even tighter. He blew on his coffee nonchalantly as it all happened. If he was being judged by his expressions instead of the words coming out of his mouth. Most would assume he was simply asking the man to come over for tea and biscuits.

Edited by Weed

Spencer once again choked slightly on his coffee when Nat asked him to accompany him to his loft. He coughed for a moment. "Sorry, I apparently don't know how to swallow Coffee correctly." He paused a moment, looking at the man's face. He did not feel like Nat had any bad intentions, and the fact that he was not pushing anything beyond PG-13 unless it was reciprocated was a nice touch. He ran a hand through his hair, mostly dry from the combination of his umbrella and the pair sitting inside for so long. "I.. You know what, sure. Would be nice to see a different part of the city, and not to mention being able to warm up a bit." He smiled a bit and replicated the motion of blowing on his coffee.

The waitress came back around to the pair. Her eyes landed on the torn up paper which gave her a fowl look. She placed the bill on the table without much of a word, and stormed off. Spencer found it difficult to hold in his soft chuckle at the sight. "Break hearts left and right huh?" He cocked his eyebrow and looked at the man with a small grin. "'I'm kidding of course... Oh! That reminds me, would you like my number? My phone is dead at the moment but if you want to try and meet up in SAO tomorrow or talk more..." He trailed off and smiled a bit. He took the pen off of the bill the waitress handed them and wrote down his number. He reached his hand across the table to hand the man his number. "No pressure if you'd rather not let me have your number. I know we only met today."

A flash of annoyance was shown on Nat's face as the waitress gave the check. Having people eavesdrop on him was not something he appreciated in the slightest. He could not recall the two of them being loud. The fact that she came back with the check proved that she was listening very closely. The look passed by as he realized Spencer gave him the go ahead. It meant he was most likely going to get lucky. If his moved stayed on the up he may even allow Spencer to spend the night.

"Hmmm...." To be asked his number put him in an odd spot. He thought of it for a second before handing over his phone. "You can put your number in here. I can call you right now. That way you have my number as well." It was easier for him to cover his back by using the burner number system encrypted in his cell.

Nat grabbed the bill placed a $50 inside, he did not bother turning to the waitress as she came back. "Keep the change." He did not want her coming back. "I only break the hearts of the people who do not get the message. Besides she is not my type."

He smiled and nodded, grabbing the phone and quickly plugging his number into the phone. "There we go, put my number under Spencer... obviously." He laughed a bit and handed back the phone. He watched Nat bring out the money and set it down, his eyes going wide. "Holy shit that's a lot." He mutters and looks at the money. "Well, poor her. Definitely missing out on... a lot." He gives Nat a bit of a look up and down from the booth they were sitting at.

He gets up from the table and looks down at Nat, finally being taller than him for a moment. "What is your type? If you don't mind me asking. I'm Gay as you could probably guess, but are you? I have a feeling you are interested in men but you may just be a flirty individual just because you can and I'm easily flustered." He blushed slightly and smiled. "As you can see by the rosy cheeks I now am wearing from just talking about all of it." He thought for a moment. "Also, what should we do at your place? And I apologize if I get your furniture wet. The rain did a bit of a number on some of my clothes not protected from the rain."

Nat no longer felt like commenting on the terrible service. She was not worth his time and continuing to talk about her would spoil the mood. He waggled his eyebrows when he noticed Spencer giving him a look over. Saying he was enjoying the attention would be an understatement. Nat could only regret that he was not wearing underwear, not that he would mind a glance from Spencer. He just figured the stares from the workers would grate him.

As he stood up his mind processed the question. "I am actually pan if you want to be technical. My type in particular are ones that make me want to bully them simply because they are cute. So I could be flirty if I wanted to but your fluster does more for me than her pestering." Nat pointed at his shorts for a moment. "Now shall we get out of here. I have this cool table from Japan. It has a heater in it so you can warm up and dry off even in my living room. The foggy wetness is one of my least favorite things about living in the area."