[F04 - SP] Oh Wow, A Familiar <<Feeding your Enemy>>

She had been tailing Noctua for the better part of a year now. It was funny how things like this happened. She knew where Noctua was, and she debated on telling her brother, but she didn't know how he'd take it. Plus, it's been a year since she sent him or Yukiro anything. She felt a pang of hurt and guilt in her heart as she thought that. She sighed lightly, only to have her thoughts interrupted by an old lady who was just oh so familiar to her. She looked at the lady, and just held a hand up. "I really don't feel like listening to this speech for a fourth time. Can I please just have the food so I can start this horrible adventure that will ultimately just lead to nothing?"

The old lady just rolled her eyes and handed over the food. From there, Tala made sure that she had the suitable things equipped that would help her. Perhaps, if she went back to her brother and Yukiro with a familiar, she wouldn't be in as much trouble anymore? She doubted that honestly, she was just bound to get into trouble because she was who she was.

Spoiler

Tala
Level: 16
Health: 320
Energy: 32
DMG: 7 // ACC: 3 // Bleed: 12 // Loot Die: 3

Skills
» Katana - Rank 4

Inventory
» Yurushi [Demonic T1 Katana [Cursed // Bleed // Bleed // Paralyze]]
» Black Wolf Necklace [Perfect T1 Necklace [Accuracy // Accuracy // Accuracy]]
» Golden Rabbit's Foot [Perfect T1 Trinket [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]]

Alright, now came the very horrible part of this entire quest. The waiting to see if she could even find anything that is remotely able to be trained. But, that didn't mean that she was going to be completely alone, right? She had her thoughts to keep her company. Okay, even to her that sounded horrible. She didn't want to know what it was that her thoughts wanted to think about. Actually, she did know what her thoughts were going to think about, and it was the fact that she left her brother, and fiance, behind. It was the second one that seemed to hurt her just a little more. She and Koga had always gotten into arguments to where they wouldn't talk for a bit. But then, never for this long. It's been a year, and all because she wanted to try and make sure that the woman that he loved was alright. See Koga, your sister really does love you.

She looked at the food in her hand, knowing exactly what this was about to entail for her. She has done and failed this quest three times before already. But now, now she was going to try for a fourth. Would she be able to do it though is the grand question. At least this time, she had her jacket and she was prepared for the cold. She didn't want to get caught freezing to death after all, that would be horrible. How would she be able to tell her brother that Noct was fine? How would she be able to tell Yuki that she loves him? These were all just questions at this point, because they probably didn't matter. The two guys were probably going to be pissed at her, and honestly, it's her fault. She should have updated them a long time ago, but she couldn't, and now, well, she's in the predicament that she's in.

She really didn't want to think that she was in this predicament because she's a stupid little girl who forgot to contact her brother at least. She also didn't want to know what it was that her brother and... can she even call Yuki her fiancé anymore? Just thinking about Yuki made her stop in her tracks for a moment. She... she didn't know what to do. She had a feeling that her relationship with him was over, and possibly for good this time. Between her pulling her jealousy trick over Koga and Noct, to her trying that suicide mission, she might have just ruined what was possibly the best thing that she had in her life. She shook her head quickly before wiping away the tears. She couldn't break down, she had to be strong if she was ever going to see them again. If she died, what good would that do her?

Just thinking on that made her have to trudge through the snow in attempts to keep from breaking down. She didn't want to break down, that would really suck right now. Instead, she walked and walked, trying extremely hard not to break down, right here, in the snow. The snow was even falling around her, and she watched that, it made her think of everything that had happened when she last saw her brother and her love. It was snowing, because it was Christmas. But Noct bailed before Christmas, and Tala followed her, wanting to make sure that everything was fine. She... she wasn't there for Christmas with them. She... she had left them before Christmas. "God Akiara, you are so stupid." She didn't bother to stop the rogue tear that fell down her face this time, if it froze on her cheek, then she deserved it for being so dumb. She might even be passing her brother in the stupidity category right now.

Patching things up with her brother might be easier, he would know that she isn't lying. But that's only because Koga has known her for so long, like their entire lives, they were brother and sister after all. But, that could still only take them so far on mending their sibling relationship, right? There was a small sigh that came from her as she walked, not knowing what to do to fix anything. She should have just sent them something. That would have saved her from all of these unknown problems. She wondered if she should send Koga a message right now? At least so he knows that she's fine?

Koga,
I'm alive and fine, just trailing after Noctua who has locked herself up in an inn room. No, no one has gone to meet her, she's just been... alone. Sorry it's taken me this long to contact you, please tell Yuki I'm alright and that I'm sorry for vanishing.
- Tala

Her finger hovered over send, but she couldn't do it, and she deleted the message without sending it. It wasn't going to fix anything not after this long.

She contemplated sending Yukiro a message instead. Tell him that she loves him and all of that sweet stuff that she's never told anyone else. But, it's been so long since she was there, what if he's moved on, which he should? She didn't want to ruin the chances of him being with someone who is actually right there with him. Just thinking that was a stab to her heart, and had to stop in her frozen tracks again. She wrapped her coat around her, and looked at it. It was nearly an exact replica of the one that she had been given by Yuki. He had found her frozen out here and kept her warm, and now, she was here alone. No friends, no family, and no Yuki. She really was a dumb person for walking away from that to check on someone who only seemed to prove her right.

That's right, she had told her brother that this was going to happen. Only that owl had managed to fool them all. She broke through all of their defenses. Just how powerful was this flighty owl? Just how well could she craft her words to twist knives into all of their hearts? Tala's blood started to boil with her anger. How could she let herself be deceived by that... She muttered something under her breath as she let out a sigh. There was no point in being angry about it right now, she could do that later when she goes to confront the owl. Perhaps after she finds and trains this familiar finally, just so that she has that extra power. The owl can only evade her attacks for so long before it fails, Tala will make sure of that. But first, she needed to get stronger, so that she could be more of a threat.

But, if Koga ever learned that the owl was alive, then what good would getting stronger do her? Her brother is so weak-willed when it came to that flighty bird that he'd crumble and forgive her instantly, she just knew it. Just thinking about how her brother forgave the bird so easily in the past, made Tala growl lowly as she walked through the snow. While she was thinking, she was in fact looking around, but it was snowing what was going to want to show itself in this? She knew who she wanted to show them self, but that wasn't going to happen. Her mind was just a jumbled mess between her anger at the owl, missing her brother, and missing Yuki. If someone was to look in her mind, they would just see a mess that had no way to be sorted, that was exactly how she felt about her life right now as well.

She just kept walking, her mind racing at a mile a minute. She didn't know what she was to do to try and make things better anymore. Perhaps, perhaps after taming this familiar, she should go and meet up with Yuki and Koga? Yeah, that sounded like a good idea, but there was still the issue of, were they going to hate her? What could she do to make sure that they didn't hate her? There was probably nothing that she could do honestly, she was probably just going to be jumping into an abyss to try and make things better with them. She still wondered if her brother was going to forgive her a little easier, but she also still doubted that. She did bail right when Noct did because she wanted to try and find the flighty owl. This was really all of her fault, and she hated the owl for this situation.

Edited by Tala

She was starting to get cold as she walked. Perhaps this jacket just wasn't warm enough, or perhaps it was her missing Yuki and the warmth that he seemed to always provide her when he was around. There were two times when she was cold, and he just basically held her close to keep her warm. The first time was on this very floor, and the second time was when they... got engaged. How could she be so stupid to just leave him behind? She could have just brought him with her. She should have just brought Koga and Yuki both along with her. But no, she was determined to do this on her own, because she just wasn't the smartest person in the world, which was possibly a family trait at times. This sucked, this entire situation just really, really sucked. She wished that she hadn't chased after that stupid owl.

Edited by Tala

The more she thought about how that owl was the cause for all of this, the more she just wanted to storm into the woman's inn room and make her disappear for good. It might hurt her and Koga completely, but Tala doesn't care, she just wanted to be back with her family, and she couldn't do that because she was too busy making sure that this damned owl didn't do anything. Tala had trusted the damn woman, and she goes and does this! How? Why? What was the logical reasoning? Why in the world, would that owl just up and leave Koga? He was so kind and caring. He had been nothing but nice and loving to that owl, and she went and actually hurt him by doing this. She had lost track of where she was walking while she thought in anger, and actually walked right into a tree. "Oof..." She looked at the tree and glared at it for a moment, before sighing and leaning against the tree.

Edited by Tala

The tree was making a great leaning post for her at this point. She was just on the verge of giving up on this stupid quest again. What was the point? It wasn't like she was actually going to find anything, and if she did, it was just going to run away like before. She was cold, and she was bored, and this quest was hell. Was this the game's way of saying that she just didn't deserve to have that companion? That one thing that will always be by her side by the end of today? She had a feeling, perhaps she was meant to be alone? Perhaps that owl had the ri- NO. That was not how she was going to think. She was not going to compare herself to the woman who broke her brother. She was not going to compare herself to the woman who made everyone's lives hell.

Edited by Tala

She hadn't bothered to move from her tree yet. She was finding it to be comforting and safe. That was odd really. Was she really so far into a broken psyche that she thought that this tree was going to be her saving grace? Funny how those things worked right? She breaks down and has the revelation of a lifetime, which, she will tell no one about by the way. This stays in her head. No one else needs to know that she actually leaned against a tree and broke down like a little cry baby. No, she wasn't crying, yet, but she had a feeling that she would be when she sees Yuki or Koga next. Of course, that crying might be because one of them, or both of them, have kicked her ass into the next year. She knew that Koga was going to do it at least, and if she ever gave him the note that Noct had left behind, she was a dead woman.

Edited by Tala

Wait, when did she sit down? Or did she fall into the sitting position? She doesn't actually remember anymore. Maybe she slid down the tree while she was thinking about how horrible her situation was. She sighed though and reluctantly pushed herself back to her feet. She needed to move if she wanted to find this familiar after all. With a sigh, she nodded to herself, a simple little way for her to encourage herself to move, and that was exactly what she did. She started to move forward, and when she crossed into a new set of woods, she stopped in her tracks. Now, she wasn't a hunter or anything like that, but she could have sworn that she heard something. So, she looked around, without pulling her katana out, probably another stupid decision on her part. But she was happy that she didn't at the same time. Standing across from her was a black wolf with deep red eyes.

Spoiler

ID: 183789
LD: 20 (17+3)

Familiar Found!

Edited by Tala

She didn't want to waste any time. She pulled the familiar food from her pocket, and held onto it. She was going to tame this wolf, she was going to leave this floor with a familiar. She was bound and determined to do that. She didn't want to fail this for a fourth time. That would probably just destroy her even more. So, she took a step forward, her hand and arm extended holding the food out to the wolf. She stopped after a few steps, and whistled a little. "Come here beautiful, I'd like to be your friend." The wolf simply looked at her for a few minutes, giving Tala that feeling that she just failed, until the wolf took a step forward and gently took the treat before sitting down in front of her. Behind the wolf, its tail was wagging, and she just seemed to give Tala this look for another treat, so Tala obliged and fed the wolf once more, officially making the wolf her familiar.

Spoiler

ID: 183790
CD: 9

Taming attempt Successful!

Edited by Tala

"I think I'm going to name you Akame. It's Japanese for 'red eyes' and well, it fits you perfectly." The wolf just seemed to stare at her for a moment, before nuzzling into Tala's face. "Alright, I guess that settles that." Tala smiled and laughed, for the first time in a year, as she gently petted the wolf behind one of her ears. "You know, my brother will be happy to see you with me, but I need you to promise not to attack him if he tries to hurt me." There was a confused whine that came next, and it made Tala sigh, "It's a really long story. I think I can fill you in on the way back to town." There was an unspoken understanding between them then as they started to walk to town. At least, she knew now, that she was going to have at least one person on her side always.

Edited by Tala

They had been walking longer now than it had taken Tala to even find the wolf. Tala has had plenty of time to fill Akame in on the drama that's in her life now, and still, they weren't back at town. This made Tala stop in her tracks and open her map. "Damn it! We somehow took a wrong turn somewhere. This is why I hate snow...." She sighed as she closed her map and looked at Akami, "I think we need to back track and try this again." The wolf gave Tala this kind of look that just said 'this is your fault' and it made Tala roll her eyes. "Great, you and Koga are going to share that damned look." Together though, they started to backtrack and see if they could find the right way to town. After what seemed like eternity in the snow, they were finally on the right track back to town.

Edited by Tala

Finally, they were on the right track, Tala knew this because she recognized the tree that she walked into. Why? Because she felt the pain in her head all over again as she walked past it. She silently cursed the tree out, as if it had been its reason that she ran into it. Instead of, you know, her being too busy thinking instead of paying attention. That meant that town shouldn't be too far away, which was going to be a good thing for them. Tala was cold and tired, and she needed to go and find Yukiro and Koga. But, she still didn't know what to say to them. That was the only bad part. She was scared of their reactions, and as if Akame could read her thoughts, the wolf whined lightly and licked Tala's gloved hand. The sentiment made Tala smile just a bit as she nodded, "You're right, I just need to face them."

Edited by Tala

Finally, town. She sighed as she crossed the threshold into the town, and she looked around. Normally, that lady for the quest was easy to see, which meant that she was easy to avoid. But right now, she couldn't see the lady at all, and that wasn't a good sign. "I found you and I tamed you, now I need to give the food back. Where the heck is she?" "Right behind you dear, I'm glad to see that you have finally found yourself a forever friend. Enjoy your time together, and don't forget to train her." The old lady took the food back and walked away, leaving Tala feeling a little confused. "Did you see where she came from?" Akame shook her body as if to say no and that made Tala sigh. "Great, that means she can sneak up on us at any time." Tala rolled her eyes but looked at Akame, "Let's go and get you a collar shall we?"

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

3 SP (1 Thread, 1 Quest, & 1 Quarantine)
400 Col

Gained Familiar:
Name: Akame
Description: A pure black wolf with red eyes and a red collar.

Edited by Tala