[F17 - PP] Dreams, Daydreams, and Nightmares

Spoiler

Noctua
Level: 28
HP: 560/560 | EN: 56/56 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1

Skills
» Rapier - Rank 5

• » Rapier Finesse - Rank 3

» First Aid - Rank 1

Extra Skills
» Fighter - Rank 2
» Survival

Equipped:
» Jack's Graceful Repose [T2 Demonic Rapier [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Burn]]
» 
Owl's Wings [T1 Perfect Trinket [Accuracy // Recovery // Evasion]]
» 
Winged Armor [T2 Demonic Light Armor Coat [Cursed / EVA / EVA / Regen]]

So, Greece might not be home to her, but it was something that she knew and cherished. She spent years learning and studying Greek mythology, and that is exactly what the seventeenth floor was based around. It was probably the closet to home that she would ever feel. She was starting to feel a little better, well, no not really. That was just a lie that she told people that she ran into. No one needed to know that she wasn't sleeping, and that she hadn't slept since she last talked to Koga.

That look on his face still haunted her whenever she closed her eyes. It just, wasn't him. It's been what, almost a week since she last spoke to Koga? She looked at her HUD and confirmed it, it's been four days. Four long and agonizing days of no sleep and just pure exhaustion from not knowing how to help Koga. So, Noctua had gone to the seventeenth floor, in hopes that it would help her feel like she didn't need to sleep. If a goddess didn't need to sleep, then she shouldn't need it either, right?

She knew that wasn't how things worked, but it was what she was holing close to her thoughts. She was attempting to make herself stronger, if she was stronger, then she really wouldn't need to sleep, right? There was a very stern sounding hoot that came from the white owl flying around her head as Noctua dispatched of the final monster that had come near her. But that wasn't the end of it apparently, and instead of trying to fight the next oncoming monster, she ran away, putting distance between herself and the monster.

But, running was possibly the worst idea to do at that moment. The moment that she was clear from monsters, she felt the fatigue finally, and she collapsed.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga
Level:
Health: 860
Energy: 84
DMG: 16 // EVA: 2  // MIT: 18 // ACC: 4
BRN: 24 // BLT: 24 // FALN: 4 // REGN: 10

Skills
>> Katana V
     // Ferocity
     // Precision
>> Light Armor VI
     // Athletics

Extra Skills
>> Familiar Master: Fighter III
>> Survival

Inventory
>> T2 Demonic Katana <<Tsuki no Hikari>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]
>> 
T1 Perfect Necklace <<White Owl Necklace>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Accuracy]
>> 
T2 Perfect Light Armor <<Shadow Chance Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regen]

Battle-Ready Inventory
---

Buffs
>> <<Well Rested>> -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
>> <<Squeaky Clean>> The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down).
>> <<Relaxed>> Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

The Seventeenth Floor. This was where they were supposed to have their wedding. Koga had almost forgotten about that. He couldn't say he'd ever been particularly attached to the floor the same way Noct had been, so it hadn't ruined the place for him, but that memory did not make his being there anymore pleasant. It was like everything was just a reminder of her. She had always loved Greek mythology.

But there were quests to be done, and experience to gain. He didn't really know why he was on the 17th floor out of all the others. He still had plenty of other quests to complete on the lower floors, but perhaps learning Noct and Tala were still alive, and the encounters there after had naturally drawn him here, to relive something that he'd lost. It felt stupid, and yet here he was.

Even Okami had been in a markedly more dour mood since then. The usually energetic wolf had done nothing but sit and growl at anyone who'd made the mistake of wandering too close to him or his master. Koga didn't know if familiars fed off their master's emotions, but it certainly seemed like it.

That was why when Koga heard the beast growl, he'd promptly snapped at him, "Hey! Settle down." The wolf did as he was told, but even still, he seemed to glare off into the distance. "What?" The wolf briefly snarled in the same direction as before, and Koga looked, only to be surprised. Noct was lying passed out, outside of the safezone. Was she trying to get herself killed?

For a moment, Koga simply stood and stared. Despite his mind telling him that he shouldn't go over there and check on her, that whatever she did was her business, and hers alone, his legs began to carry him to the woman.

The swordsman's shadow fell over the woman as he examined her. There were dark bags under her eyes, and she looked more haggard that he had ever seen her. "Hey," he said, nudging her shoulder with his boot. "Hey, wake up before something kills you out here."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Some would question why she wasn't sleeping. Well, that was a simple answer, nightmares. It was amazing how well someone's already asocial mind could take a simple, yet hurtful, interaction and make it a million times worse when their eyes close. When you factor in the fact that Noctua's mind remembers everything that has ever been said around her, read to her, sang to her, etc, it just makes it so much worse than normal. But, lately, the nightmares have been turning into daydreams, or in Noctua's case, day nightmares. It really sucked.

It was the very reason why she had been forcing herself awake the past four days. The reason why she had been out of the safe zone killing things. But, of course, there was always a limit to what the human body could handle, and apparently even in a video game. Athena, wanting to be sure that her master was fine, screeched angrily when Koga walked up. Yes, the owl knew who this was, but there was the factor that Athena had been there when Koga thoroughly destroyed Noctua's mind and heart.

Because of that, the owl didn't trust him, nor the wolf that was with him whom she used to perch on. The moment that Koga started to nudge Noct with his boot, the owl nose dived for the man, only to stop a moment later. "Wha-..." She peeked through and eye before sighing and rolling her eyes. "Go away." Athena, more worried about the exhausted girl than pecking Koga's ear off landed beside Noct's head, just glaring at Koga. Noct slowly sat up, and just stared at the person whom she thought to be the same hallucination that she'd been seeing for that past two days.

"Why do you even care? Wouldn't it just be one less person for you to have to worry about running into. I bet you forgave your sister fast after whatever "talk" you had with her." Oh Noct honey, why do you have to be so crabby when you're sleep-deprived? Something sparkled on her hand, the very engagement ring that she still hadn't taken off. She didn't stand up, and instead just sat in her spot, still even in the most lady like manner. She couldn't even look at Koga though, knowing that her irritated sleep-deprived mode would just vanish.

@Koga

Koga had raised his arm to shoo off Athena as the owl dived by him, but to his surprise, the owl stopped just short as he heard grumbling come from the woman at his feet. As she slowly sat up, the glimmer of sunlight reflecting off the metal band on her finger caused Koga's jaw muscles to tighten imperceptibly.

"I just don't want your death on my conscience," Koga replied, not wanting to answer her second question. He was still having trouble admitting to himself that he had gotten his ass handed to him by his very own little sister. The universe must just see him as a great cosmic joke at this point.

"Get up," he said after a moment of silence. "If you wanna sleep you can do it in a fucking inn like a normal person." She could be angry with him later for all he cared, but she was just being stupid right now anyways.

@Noctua

Wow, her sleep-deprived brain was really making this hallucination real. It also felt weird to be talking to herself basically, but hey, it wasn't like there was anyone here to see it right. But still, just the mere mention of him having a conscience made her scoff and roll her eyes. "Don't worry, that requires you actually having a conscience anymore to begin with." There was an unknown venom in her voice when she said that, perhaps it was because she still saw that non-Koga look that she had gotten a few days ago. That look was just burned into her mind, but there was something that she didn't miss, his look at the ring that she still wore.

That look probably just proved to her that she should give up on holding onto the Koga that she used to know. The Koga that was apparently gone, dead, missing, she didn't know how to describe it, but it wasn't him. There was no love in that face anymore, no love in those eyes. The eyes that she had once loved to stare at for hours on end, or just to get lost in while thinking about things. Yeah, she still loves him, that much was clear, but not this him. This wasn't Koga. This was a stranger, someone who she didn't know. Did... did that mean that she wasn't actually staring at a hallucination this time?

She didn't want the answer to that really. "Who said that I want to sleep? Who said that I want to have to relive every moment of happiness that I had, that is now gone? Who said I want to see you the moment I close my eyes anymore?" She stopped talking for a moment before looking at the ring that was on her hand. "Guess I shouldn't wear this anymore since the Koga that I loved is obviously gone. Especially since I can't even sit down with you and attempt to have a decent damn conversation." She bit back the tears that she felt threatening her before she gave him this... not normal look from her.

"I figured you telling me not to worry about you anymore was your way of saying to stay away. But I guess that didn't work for you, only me. So here, I'll say it, go away and unless you actually want to talk to me like a normal damn person, don't come back. You can put this with that necklace too, I don't think the reminder of what I once had and loved constantly being around would be good for whatever mental health I have left."

With that, she slid the ring off of her finger, stood up, faltered for a moment, before grabbing Koga's hand and putting the ring into it. Immediately afterwards, she dropped her hands to her sides and looked at Okami. "I don't know if you're mad at me or not Okami, but take care of him. Someone has to, or he'll do something stupid, and you know it."

@Koga

Koga was surprised by how much Noctua's words stung. Perhaps for a moment his stoic mask cracked, a hairline fracture of pain that Noctua might have caught. But as quickly as it had come it was gone. He watched as she slid the band off her finger, and stood. She reached out, took his hand, and placed the ring in his hand. Koga's hand closed around her.

And then he started dragging her by the hand back towards the town. "You want me gone, fine," Koga said to Noct, "Okay, fine. But first I'm making sure you're safe." He stayed ahead of Noct, face forward so she wouldn't see that his eyes had begun to burn, tears forming in the corners.

A part of him had still wanted her to try, to reach out and do something to save whatever fragmentary pieces remained of what they once were. To have that fairy story tale where somehow, after all the pain and suffering they endured, they'd finally be happy. But this wasn't a fairy tale. This was reality, where fairy tales ended on the pages they were written on, and in the voices of those who told them. Here, where fair tales were just that, tales, Koga gave up on that hope.

@Noctua

Wait... he was holding onto her hand? Her hallucinations never felt this real for this long. That had to mean.... "Damn it, you're real...." She sighed and tried so hard to ignore the feeling that came from him holding onto her hand. At this point, she didn't know if it was hope that things could be fixed, or if it was pure hatred. She couldn't honestly tell, and it kind of hurt her really. She just wanted the answer, and she wanted things to be fixed. But no, things had to be even more complicated than normal. She grumbled something under her breath in French before she yanked her hand from his grasp.

There were moments she really wished that he wasn't so bullheadedly stubborn, like right now. "If I wanted you out of my life, you would have known that by now. I'm still on your friends list, I'm still alive, and I haven't run off. I went to the one floor where I knew you'd be able to find me if you wanted to talk, and instead, I'm just getting these empty stares. Empty looks. I'm getting nothing from you Masato!" She just shook her head and some sort of clarity seemed to be coming to her at the moment. She didn't want to be angry, she just wanted to be calm, and serene, like normal.

Athena landed on her shoulder and gave a soft hoot, and it made Noctua sigh with a nod, "You're right Athena." She looked at Koga then, wanting to fix at least something. "Now, before you go to lecturing me about being rude, stop. First, I'm sorry, no sleep for...," she looked like she was counting for a moment before cringing lightly, "four days does that to me. Second, until you didn't let go of my hand, I thought you were one of my hallucinations, so yeah. Be mad still if you like, but I do apologize for that unnecessary anger."

She was too tired to even mask the sincerity in that statement before she started to walk to town again, not bothering to listen for if he was behind her or not. But she heard something, so she figured that he had to be.

@Koga

"Damn it you're real..."

Oh god, had she been hallucinating?

Noctua pulled her hand from Koga's the ring falling into the dirt as she vented her frustrations at him, and the heat in Koga's chest rose, even as she apologized.

Koga turned around and grabbed Noctua's shoulders forcefully, pulling her into him. "And what do you expect from me Christe? To pretend I'm okay? That I'm not suffering or that everything is okay now just 'cause you're here now and everything can go back to normal? You left me alone Chris, note or no note, you were gone!"

Realizing how tightly he was gripping Noct, something he had never done before, he let go, his hands falling to his side. The man bent down and picked up the metal band and held it up for Noctua to take back. "I'm sorry, that was unnecessary," he apologized, remorse showing on his face for the first time. "Please, let's just go back to the safezone, I really don't wanna do this again..."

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua | HP: 560/560 | EN: 56/56 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1
Koga | HP: 860/860 | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 165 | EVA: 2  | MIT: 18 | ACC: 4 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | FALN: 4 | REGN: 10

Wolf #1: HP: 170/170 | DMG: 51
Wolf #2: HP: 170/170 | DMG: 51
Wolf #3: HP: 170/170 | DMG: 51

She honestly hadn't noticed that the ring fell to the ground, she thought that he had a grip on it. But it was the fact that he pulled her into him that surprised her. Made her confused. She didn't know what to do, he used her nicknames, and it pulled the tears that she had been choking down back to the front of her eyes. She had four things that she wanted to do when he let go of her; one, kiss him (goodness knows that she has wanted to do that since seeing him on that quest), two, kiss his cheek (same reason as number one), three, storm off confused (which shouldn't be that hard), or four, just scream in frustration.

There were four options, and she chose the one that she thought was going to get her into less trouble. She saw the remorse on his face, and just nodded, she didn't trust her words right now. But, there was one thing that she needed to trust her words with, and that was when she pushed the ring back towards him, "Remember the condition for my necklace, same condition for the ring." She started back toward town, fast enough to make sure that he couldn't stop her or force her to take the ring.

At least, until she ran into a wolf, literally. "Okami... don't stop me from goi- ...." That wasn't Okami.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Noct pushed the ring back towards Koga, with a single condition. Koga's hand closed tightly around the ring. He looked away as both of his hands retreated to the pockets of coat. And then she started to leave again. He could hear he voice for a moment, asking Okami to not stop her.

But wait...

Koga looked down at his side, where the snow-white wolf still sat, glaring in Noct's direction, hackles raised. Koga followed the wolf's gaze.

"Oh shit."

The man immediately drew his blade and rushed forward, putting himself between the wolves and Noct. His sword flashed, and mixture of crimson and black before ending with a burst of black flames that sent the wolves flying backwards. The swordsman stole a glance over his shoulder at Noct, confirming she was unharmed. He wanted to say something. Something like 'stay behind me' or 'be careful'. It didn't seem like she was in any condition to fight right now, but Koga felt he'd lost the right to make such requests. 

Instead he looked back towards his adversaries as they all stood up, one by one and stared the players down with threatening glares and bared fangs.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua | HP: 560/560 | EN: 56/56 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1
Koga | HP: 860/860 | EN: 70/84 (84 -14)| DMG: 16 | EVA: 2  | MIT: 18 | ACC: 4 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | FALN: 4 | REGN: 10

[1, 0] Wolf #1: HP: 42/170 (170 -128) | DMG: 51
[1, 0] Wolf #2: HP: 10/170 (170 -160) | DMG: 51
[1, 0] Wolf #3: HP: 34/170 (170 -136) | DMG: 51
[BURN 2/2] [BLIGHT 2/2]

Koga uses <<Amatsu no Homura>>
Koga hits Wolf #1!
Koga hit Wolf#2!
Wolf #2 is affected with Fallen!
Koga critically 
strikes Wolf #3!
Wolf #3 is burned!
Wolf #3 is blighted!

Spoiler

ID: 184341
BD: 7 (3 +4)
DMG: 16 * 8 = 128

ID: 184342
BD: 11 (7 +4) <<Fallen>>
DMG: (16 +4) * 8 = 160

ID: 184343
BD: 13 (9 +4) <<Crit +1>> <<Burn>> <<Blight>>
DMG: (16 +1) * 8 = 136

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua | HP: 560/560 | EN: 54 (56-2)/56 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1
Koga | HP: 860/860 | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 2  | MIT: 18 | ACC: 4 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | FALN: 4 | REGN: 10

[1, 0] Wolf #1: HP: 42/170 (170 -128) | DMG: 51
[1, 0] Wolf #2: HP: 10/170 (170 -160) | DMG: 51
[1, 0] Wolf #3: HP: 0 (34-48)/170 (170 -136) | DMG: 51 >>Dead<<
[BURN 1/2] [BLIGHT 1/2]

Noctua uses Rip Ravine on Wolf #2 and misses!
Wolf #1 attacks Koga and misses!
Wolf #2 attacks Koga and misses!
Wolf #3 dies!

Spoiler

ID: 184348
BD: 2 (1+1)
DMG: Miss

ID: 184349
MD: 5 (7-2)

ID: 184350
MD: 1

Perhaps she should start sleeping again, and soon. That was the top thought in her mind as she watched Koga step between herself and the, now three, wolves in front of her. She watched as he hit the three wolves, each of their health bars dropping into the red. That was good at least, perhaps she would be able to finish one of them off?

She noticed Koga look at her, and she wanted to hear him say something that was normal, but nothing. Just the look. She bit the inside of her cheek as she looked at the second wolf, it had the least amount of health, she should be able to take it down. But, just as she was charging her attack, a wave of exhaustion came over her, and she faltered, the attack going right into the ground instead.

Yeah, she really needed to sleep. Perhaps over working herself to stay awake like this wasn't such a good idea. She looked up though, to watch the three wolves miss Koga, and, for some reason, that seemed to lift a weight from her chest. Perhaps he didn't actually need her to be able to survive in this world? Okay, that was a painful thought, but it was a truthful one. What if he was better off without her there?

She never hit anything anyways, that was like... her thing. She always missed, and when she didn't, it was because she was super pissed. But, she couldn't even muster up that feeling, it was buried deep down, because she had no one to be mad at but herself. "Perhaps he is better off without me...," her words were quiet, almost in audible depending on how close you were to her.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

The sound of Noct behind him charging up a sword art drew Koga's gaze back to her. Her weapon glowed purple for a moment, but then quickly fizzled out as the tip of her rapier dipped into the dirt.

"Noct," the swordsman addressed her, "let me handle this, please." He looked back towards the wolves, all of whom were on their last legs. "You're in no condition to be fighting right now. I don't want to see you get hurt."

Wolves lunged at him, and he dodged each, delivering a counterblow with each attempt. The crimson glow of his blade died down as the wolves disappeared in clouds of blue shards. Quietly, Koga sheathed his katana.

"C'mon, lets get you to bed before you collapse on me." His gaze was softer than it was before. Perhaps their conversation had started to get at him, eat him away from the inside out. Maybe it was just for her benefit.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua | HP: 560/560 | EN: 54/56 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1
Koga | HP: 860/860 | EN: 70/84 (70 +1 -12) | DMG: 16 | EVA: 2  | MIT: 18 | ACC: 4 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | FALN: 4 | REGN: 10

[1, 0] Wolf #1: HP: 0/170 (42 -128) | DMG: 51
[1, 0] Wolf #2: HP: 0/170 (10 -160) | DMG: 51
[1, 0] Wolf #3: HP: 0/170 | DMG: 51

Koga uses <<Amatsu no Homura>>
Koga hits Wolf #1
Wolf#1 dies!
Koga hits Wolf #2
Wolf #2 takes Fallen damage!
Wolf#2 dies!

Spoiler

ID: 184414
BD: 7 (3 +4)
DMG: 16 * 8 = 128

ID: 184415
BD: 12 (8 +4) <<Fallen>>
DMG: (16 +4) * 8 = 160

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua | HP: 560/560 | EN: 55 (54+1)/56 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1

He didn't want to see her get hurt? That sounded like the Koga that she knew. Was she seeing him come back? The soft look that he gave her almost made her want to say yes, but she wasn't about to count her blessings yet. She was even more confused now. She had gone from staring at someone who acted like he didn't care about her at all, to seeing the Koga who had cared about her. Furthermore, she didn't know which one was out to stay, and it hurt her heart.

"I won't collapse on you..." If it felt like there was more that she wanted to say on that, it's because there was. There were two different routes that the rest of the sentence could have gone to. First, because I'm scared you won't catch me, and second, but I want to. This was now how confused Koga had Noctua's heart and mind, but, she sheathed her rapier and chose to ignore it.

"I can get there from here I believe, if you have something more important to do, you can go and do it." No, she wasn't testing him right now. She wasn't trying to see what was more important in his mind. She wasn't trying to figure out where they stood. No, not at all. Either way, she started to walk back towards town, keeping a much better eye out for any wolves that weren't Okami. Who, by the way, she has caught glaring at her. So yes, she angered the wolf too by accidentally hurting Koga.

@Koga

"I'm walking you back." Koga's response was short and curt, leaving little room for argument. As angry and confused as he was, he hated seeing Noct like this. Okami started walking ahead of the pair. Even he seemed less abrasive...as much as possible for a wolf at least. "I told you before, the last thing I need is for you to up and die on me." He couldn't bring back that cold tone from before. Not completely at least. Some faint ember of love for Noct still remained behind those eyes after all.

"C'mon," he beckoned once more, urging her to start walking. Despite Noctua's assertion that she wouldn't collapse, Koga didn't believe it for a second. She couldn't even lift her rapier anymore. It was a wonder she was standing at all.

Koga's hands returned to his pockets as they walked, and he felt the still warm metal of Noct's ring in his pocket. The man played it between his fingers. "Why did you keep it?"

@Noctua

She just stared at him before sighing, "Fine." She knew that she wasn't going to win at this point, but there was a question that came to her mind though. She kept staring at him, trying hard to read him, there were some things that she recognized, but nothing that was strong enough to show her that her Koga was back and going to stay. "Why?" Just a simple question that she could ask him about why he didn't need her to die on him.

An answer that could answer all the confusion and questions that were in her mind. She started to walk after Okami though, wondering how she could make things better between them all. Athena, for her part, was just as tired as Noct. But, the owl didn't feel like bothering Noct, who was miraculously still standing on her own, so the owl went to Okami, and gave a small hoot. A simple question on if she could just perch on his back like the white owl had before.

This brought the semblance of a small smile to Noct's face, at least, until that final, dreaded question. There was no lying to him at this point, and she knew that. But she didn't look at him, she just kept walking, trying to figure out how to word her answer. "It... kept you close to me, at least, the you that I had fallen for, not this you. I guess the simplest way to say it would be that I didn't want to let you go. I wanted you close, because I felt safe, like I had someone who actually lo- ...," she sighed for a moment, "loved me."

@Koga

Okami looked up at Athena, but didn't make a sound. It was unlike the manner he would have if he didn't want the owl to perch herself on his back. He was saying it was fine. It seemed that those two were friends again at least. If only it were that easy for their masters, following behind them.

Koga didn't answer Noctua's question at first. It wasn't as if he didn't know. He just didn't want to admit it. He didn't want to admit that he was weak. To admit that he was still vulnerable. But in the end, he swallowed his pride, and spoke. "I don't think I could handle that kind of pain again." It was purely out of selfishness.

For a moment, Koga wanted to say something. Anything. He waned to say, 'I still love you.' But he couldn't bring himself  to say it. It would only make things more difficult. Instead, he stayed silent, accepting her answer as it was.

"There's the inn," Koga said, as they entered the town. "I'll get you a room. Just...don't argue."

@Noctua

Athena quietly flew down to the wolf's back and made herself a perch there. Only she bundled up into herself when she closed her eyes. With that, the owl was quietly sleeping on Okami's back. Just like old times almost. It made Noct smile a little, though it was faded and exhausted. At least those two were able to get past everything that had happened.

She looked at Koga, thoughtful for a moment before she focused back on the road to town. "Okay." She didn't say anything else on the matter of his selfishness, and she couldn't either. She just didn't know what to say. Everything was just... confusing to her, and she didn't like it anymore. She missed knowing where she stood in his life, and she doesn't know that anymore, which hurt a bit.

As they entered town, she just nodded and followed him, she didn't know what to say at this point. So, she just quietly followed and waited. What was she supposed to say after all? She thought about her conversation with Alkor, was this Koga coming back? Or was he just going to leave again? Too many questions for her exhausted mind.

@Koga

For once, Noctua didn't argue. Koga supposed she must've been just that tired. At least that would make all this easier. Koga paid for Noctua's room for the night. Dropping the Col onto the counter, Koga began to walk towards the inn room, assuming Noct was following.

It was the usual affair. A window, a nightstand with the accompanying lamp, a desk in the corner and a bed. Okami immediately himself at home, curling up in one of the empty corners of the room, quite ready for a nap. "Guess we're not goin' anywhere for a bit..." the man muttered before going to the desk and sitting himself down. He felt a great release of tension suddenly leave his body, and sighed. Why though? It wasn't like that had been a hard fight back there. He didn't even have a scratch after all.

Oh, who was he kidding. Being around Noct set him on edge. That reminder only made the tension return.

@Noctua

She watched as Koga paid for the room, before looking st Athena. The owl wasn't going to want to leave her canine friend, and Noct didn't blame her. It was bad enough that all of her strength was currently being taken up by the will to not pass out again. Deep in her thoughts, she completely missed the fact that Koga was already headed to the room. At least, not until she felt alone. Odd to say when in an inn in a town, but that was how she felt.

She quickly caught up to him quick enough, though using the last of her reserve energy. She looked around the room, noticing that Athena was basically burrowed into Okami now, and yes, she heard Koga. "I'm sorry." The words were almost whispered at this point as she sat on the edge of the bed. She didn't look at him, keeping her, very tired, gaze on the room's door.

"I'll go get my own room instead since you'll be staying here." Honestly, she might just use that as a cover to escape back to the tenth floor. But, maybe not too? She was still confused, but she did remember one thing.

"Thank you."

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

"No, lay down, Noct," Koga said, waving at her tiredly. "We'll be gone in a sec, ok. Just...gotta sit a second." Much to Koga's surprise, Noct didn't put up much of a fight this time, and actually went to lay down on the bed. Koga supposed that was what four days of no sleep did to someone.

It wasn't very long before Noct was peacefully asleep, and Koga stayed a moment longer, just looking at her. He'd almost forgotten what she'd looked like. What her voice sounded like. A year was a long time to hold onto something that you thought was already gone.

Eventually, the man turned to the desk and summoned a pen and some paper. He jotted down a quick message, and laid it down on the nightstand beside Noct, alongside her ring and the pendant she'd given to him back on Floor 10.

With that done, Koga quietly left the room, Okami following after him, somehow leaving Athena undisturbed. He shut the door quietly behind him, leaving Noct with his one solitary message.

'They'll always be yours.'

---

Thread Summary

Spoiler

Everyone
+200 Col
+2 SP [1 Thread +1 Quarantine]

Edited by Koga