[F21-PP] The Wanderer (Nature's Treasure)

With a rapid insertion of what he had wrought into a white sack still filled with fragrance, from foodstuffs from times before although clean it still reeked of what was in it prior. A pull of the tie sees it locked tight, before that same bit of twine wraps a belt loop and anchors it to his side alongside the ores and gemstones from before. A diligent refusal to give in or give up. Raidou was content, although being of the highest level, doing such humble tasks like these. His eyes trail the waters beneath him, seeing if there was anything he may have missed in his quick extraction. Finding little from the cursory survey beside that same bitter stream and slight green tinge. Three types down and perhaps a few more for the road, fueling the vault with every second spent. In the meantime offering him some quiet meditation.

ID#194029 results: Craft: 6+2=8, Loot: 19+1=20
LD: 11+ [1 Mat], CD: 5+ [1 Mat], 8+ [2 Mats, 1500 col]
Foraging attempts: +3 EXP
Successful forage: +8 EXP
Critical forage: +16 EXP
Foraging R4: [476/499]
Total Materials: 56
Total Col: 16500

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A heavy shake of his hand sees what little beads of water shook from his skin in a spray, the sleeve adorning his right arm still rather damp and would be for some time to come. A glance to Nemo sees the guy still so honestly fixated on the swordsman in red, and for good reason. Still a curiosity, and even more so without any real explanation that the NPC could consume to begin to glean what it was Raidou was. With a tighten of his robe around his shoulders, as it attempts to free itself in a slide, his glasses the same shortly after. That same signature glare rips across the chamber of stone, across the rough interior as the wanderer seeks out something else to take with him back. His eyes set on a bit of that same silver and metallic like cable that held to the ceiling here, an almost alloy like thread.

ID#194030 results: Craft: 2+2=4, Loot: 7+1=8
Foraging R4: [479/499]
Total Materials: 56
Total Col: 16500

Peeling his sword back from its sheathe, to play the part of spool as he ushers for the stone like rafters that hung above him. Taking a step-up and locking his heels where he could find solid footing, he holds the blade overhead. A spin of the grip sees the silver tethers begin to wind around the edge, forming small clumps that glisten in what little light is offered. A harsh tug and redirect as he uses more of the weapon like a metal rod, allowing the stuff to adhere to its edge as much as it could. Thankfully it stuck to skin far easier, removing it from the edge wouldn't be too much of a hassle. A method he'd gleaned quite some time ago, still meeting the goal in mind. To a bit of cloth in its own right, Raidou wipes it down the length and peels the clumped up string into it.

ID#194031 results: Craft: 11+2=12, Loot: 15+1=16
Foraging R4: [495/499]
Total Materials: 59
Total Col: 18000

With a fold carefully closed, the twine finds a bag of white linen. Storing it in a nook on the rock face beneath his legs, to keep his hands free for bracing and gathering more of the stuff. The sword is lifted again, a bit further off than the first batch with a bit of a stretch. The point connects and immediately finds tension, being held just a tad by the weight of the wire. Raidou pushes down and forces it to break a bit from the wall, a smattering of stone shards parade down in tiny outcries. The sections where it breaks cracks slightly as its suctioned free in an instant. Raidou spins the grip of his blade and allows it like the first batch to ball up and twist. It forms a fair size knot on the edge of his blade rather easily, making it a bit ungainly, and he struggles a bit to keep it aloft.

ID#194032 results: Craft: 9+2=11, Loot: 15+1=16
Foraging R4: [511/499]
Foraging Rank 4 -> 5 [MAX]

Total Materials: 62
Total Col: 19500

Little by little the nomad yielded ball after ball of this metallic twine, adding into a satchel its own. Steady hands from nigh years of experience deftly pulled the string, finding the sack stuck limply to his palm. "Just a few more." The wanderer offers, his voice ringing off the cavern walls. Holding the bag with the tips of his fingers that poked out through the gloves he wore, a heavy tug sees it free. To the trough of water as he drops the bag in, he nurses his hands in that chilling trickle. A thorough once over removes the sticky grime from the webs. A form of silent meditation as he fishes the bag out and gives it a few hearty shakes, droplets finding the rough stone beneath his feet.

Sheathing his sword, and fastening the bag to his belt loop among a myriad of others. The stocks in the hall would seem fat after today, but would hardly last till the morning.

ID#194035 results: Craft: 10+2=12, Loot: 9+1=10
LD: 10+ [1 Mat] | CD: 5+ [1 Mat, 1000 col], 7+ [2 Mats, 2500 col], 10+ [3 Mats, 3000 col] | LD: 17/CD:12 (Demonic Shard)
Foraging R5: [527/????]
Total Materials: 66
Total Col: 22500

"Is that even worth anything?" Nemo offers perplexed by the nomads direct focus on these metallic strands. "I always thought they were just a mess I'd have to clean up." To which Raidou shakes his head. "They're strong once woven together from what I understand, Charko actually makes quite an earnest amount of silk from it. Once cleaned and spun, it will make cloth as strong as steel." Finding a smile from Raidou, Nemo asks another question: "How many places do you take responsibility for?" gesturing to the sheer truck load that Raidou had set aside already, with his intentions to get more still pretty obvious. The nomad scans the wall with his hand, before getting a hold and beginning to hoist himself up. Peering into the crack, he tustles his lenses. "Well there is Charko, An area around the Tablelands, the outskirts of Senimoh." Raidou pauses to explain, his right arm up to his arm.

ID#194232 results: Craft: 7+2=9, Loot: 20+1=21
LD: 10+ [1 Mat] | CD: 5+ [1 Mat, 1000 col], 7+ [2 Mats, 2500 col], 10+ [3 Mats, 3000 col] | LD: 17/CD:12 (Demonic Shard)
Foraging R5: [543/????]
Total Materials: 69
Total Col: 25000

Wiggling his shoulder which portrayed movement out of sight. "Then I visit Tolbana to deliver some medicine, after which I ferry some supplies to Blackwatch Bastion." Another pause as he fishes out another spool in a clump, tossing it down to the rough stone floor. "From there, its just some work at the Grand Tree in Ydalin and some mapping of the Labyrinth given how large it is and how little we know about it." Answering Nemo's question to the best of his ability.

"That much? All I do is rake some leaves and trim some bushes. Given your history, makes sense how you found this place then." Nemo offers rather calmly, despite the betrayed shock on his face that went unnoticed. This player seemed to pay way too much attention and care to NPC factions that he knew nothing about, but could tell by his tone it was true.

ID#194233 results: Craft: 2+2=4, Loot: 15+1=16
Foraging R5: [551/????]
Total Materials: 70
Total Col: 25000

To Nemo, Raidou was an alien who offered a hand to nearly everyone he met. It silently explained why Raidou had spared him so readily before, and subtly Nemo couldn't help but feel bad for the conclusion he'd jumped to prior. Here he thought that the man was another player aiming to exploit this resource selfishly, but clearly he was using it to help others that couldn't access it. One even on this very floor. Another question: "How long does this take you?"

*thump*

Another spool hits the stone: "Usually a couple hours, but my necklace helps me get around quickly." confirming the existence of his gateway device that would help him leap between floors on a dime. Otherwise the sheer amount of time he'd waste walking would eat up a fair portion of the day. "Can you hand me that bag?" Raidou gestures with a point. Nemo looks down following his direction, eyes settling on a linen sack.

ID#194234 results: Craft: 10+2=12, Loot: 14+1=15
Foraging R5: [567/????]
Total Materials: 74
Total Col: 28000

Nemo leans low, finding it strange that he'd asked him so carelessly. When not but a week ago Nemo had attacked him, was now treating him almost like a partner. Grabbing the bag, he'd reach up and slide it into an awaiting hand. "H-here you are." The NPC grunts, having to stretch to make up the gap. "A couple of hours every day? How long have you been doing this?" The obvious disbelief hung on his voice, trying to convince himself of the invalidity.

*snap*

Raidou leans bag and slides a couple of cocooned eggs into the bag. "A few years, but only some of my trips have been that long. Some were much more recent." He shows the contents to Nemo. "Spider eggs, which means they're trying to expand some." Instinctually Nemo winces and adverts his gaze, finding the eggs to be disheartening. "Nothing to worry about, not large enough or active enough to hatch yet."

ID#194235 results: Craft: 12+2=12, Loot: 19+1=20
Foraging R5: [583/????]
Total Materials: 78
Total Col: 31000
Total Demonic Shards: 1

Sticking up his nose, Nemo outcries "Please keep those away from me." Offering a sharp cough, a bit disoriented he continues his inquiry. "That long? Don't you get sick of it, all the traveling around I mean." Pulling the string closed, Raidou gently walks them down and sets them next to the pile of bags that was growing immeasurably. "Well I wont lie to you, it is taxing. But if I don't who will?" The sentiment as he'd collect pieces up and make a more uniform pile, much like a farm hand moving around bags of flour. "But why you?" Nemo asked, trying to seek out a motive.

"Why not me? I choose to do what I can, the reason being that I can and those that can should." The most simple of a statement but found Nemo smile the moment he knew Raidou wasn't looking. "I got this, you can get back to it."

ID#194236 results: Craft: 10+2=12, Loot: 11+1=12
Foraging R5: [599/????]
Total Materials: 82
Total Col: 34000

Nemo takes over for Raidou, and collecting the pile of resources up that he'd gathered so far. "What are you going to do with these?" Notably avoiding the bag that he knows has a bunch of eggs in it. Raidou glances back and acknowledges the meaning. "I can't leave them here, else given their proximity to Tomoika they'd reek havoc. It has a spider problem, as does most of this floor." The nomad comments before continuing moving back up to his raise and checking for any more. "If I can find a place to release them that they won't be an invasive species, then I will. Otherwise, I may have to euthanize them. Else we'd have the same recurring problem that exists in Charko."

Nemo's head spun a bit trying to understand. "So you'll let them hatch!?" visibly shaken. "If I can."

The thought raced through Nemo's head: That sounds like a terrible idea.

ID#194237 results: Craft: 2+2=4, Loot: 10+1=11
Foraging R5: [607/????]
Total Materials: 83
Total Col: 34000

The NPC remained shaken bordering on horrified. "But, where?" Nemo asks to which Raidou responds: "Likely floor 6, the wilds should have little issue supporting them and should be able to keep their numbers in check. Not like here, where they have little to no predators." Spoken as if it was merely an observation, calm and collected.

Eying the bag a second time, Nemo couldn't seem to glean why he'd willingly spare them. "They have their purpose, even if deadly they can be useful and part of a larger ecosystem. Erasing them could spell disaster for Charko who needs the webbing for silk. As long as their numbers are under control." Raidou offers an explanation to help along Nemo who seemed troubled.

"I guess..." The guy extrudes, assuming that the dude must know what he was prattling on about. Hesitantly with a pair of fingers like a claw, he'd pluck the bag off the floor and limply toss it toward a respective pile. Broadcasting that he wanted to hold it for as little as possible.

ID#194238 results: Craft: 12+2=12, Loot: 9+1=10
Foraging R5: [623/????]
Total Materials: 87
Total Col: 37000

Mind still racing as the bag hits the pile, and Nemo can swear he can see the bag shutter. "So, if you don't mind. What's a floor?" given that an NPC clearly had little to no way of knowing the principle. Raidou turns his head, peering over his right shoulder. This topic was familiar, and he'd had this conversation at least 3 times before. "A floor is a large section of terrain, like a disk." The nomad points to a wall. "If you were able to dig for a few miles straight that way, you'd end up finding open air and a plummet that would never end."

The idea didn't compute, but even still Nemo attempted to partake.

"Ok? but why floor?"

Raidou's hand then gestured toward the ceiling. "Those disks are layered on top of one another, much like a stack of plates. This floor is 21 with 20 disks below it."

ID#194239 results: Craft: 11+2=12, Loot: 5+1=6
Foraging R5: [626/????]

"There is a single staircase that interconnects between them, as well as that gate you see me come in on from time to time." Raidou continued explaining the very nature of Nemo's world with reasoning that was leaving the NPC jarred. The notion was staggering and it left the NPC in disbelief, but the evidence left him wondering. "So there are more worlds like this one?" The gardener asked, pushing the limit of what he would be allowed to understand.

"Not exactly, they all have a decided theme. Some forests, others rivers or oceans. Beach fronts, or in this case Caverns." The list halted for a moment as Raidou plucked another pair of eggs from the respective wall, and ushered for another bag. Nemo reluctantly obliged, finding it a fair distraction from the steam billowing out of his ears. "Also, Churches." The nomad commented as he'd shove the eggs into the sack and pulled it shut.

"There are way too many churches."

ID#194240 results: Craft: 3+2=5, Loot: 7+1=8
Foraging R5: [629/????]

PH

ID#194241 results: Craft: 1+2=1, Loot: 5+1=6
Foraging R5: [632/????]

PH

ID#194242 results: Craft: 7+2=9, Loot: 18+1=19
Foraging R5: [645/????]
Total Materials: 90
Total Col: 39500

PH

ID#194243 results: Craft: 12+2=12, Loot: 7+1=8
Foraging R5: [648/????]
Total Materials: 90

PH

ID#194244 results: Craft: 1+2=1, Loot: 15+1=16
Foraging R5: [656/????]
Total Materials: 91

PH

ID#194245 results: Craft: 7+2=9, Loot: 13+1=14
Foraging R5: [672/????]
Total Materials: 94
Total Col: 42000

PH

ID#194246 results: Craft: 12+2=12, Loot: 12+1=13
Foraging R5: [688/????]
Total Materials: 98
Total Col: 45000