[SP-F01] <<The Second Lesson>> Following the First

Previous Quest

Having completed his previous mission without his grandson, Marius had gone on to figure that it might be best to continue to do so for the time being. It was safer for his grandson, Erebus, this way. Continuing down this path had simply felt like the most reasonable course of action and as such, Marius had gone off on his own the very next day. From what he could recall Zackariah previously stating, the next quest objective was going to pertain to a man that goes by the name of Lyle. Lyle was supposedly a blacksmith so it was certainly going to be interesting to make his acquaintance at the very least. "Well he's just supposed to be up the road so I'm sure that it won't be too difficult to find Lyle's shop." It was true that he hadn't needed to walk around aimlessly in search of said blacksmith shop, given that he could have used his mini map to track the quest objective, but it was what it was. Thankfully it had only taken several moments for him to track down the appropriate location.

Spoiler

Word Count: 186

Spoiler

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 120/120 | EN: 30/30 | DMG: 1(+1) = 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3

Equipped Items:

• Warhammer | Tier 1 Vanity Two-Handed Warhammer
  • Breastplate of Wrathful Protection | Tier 1 Rare Heavy Armor | MITIGATION I | THORNS I
  • Small Konpeito Sack | Tier 1 Perfect Trinket | Loot III

Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Healing Potion (3) | Tier 1 Starter Potion | HP RECOVERY I [+50 HP]
  • Invigorating Tune | Tier 1 Rare Consumable | HP RECOVERY II [+10% HP]

Consumed Items:

• (1) Damage Potion | Tier 1 Uncommon Consumable | Damage I

Skills:

• Heavy Armor | RANK 3/5
    • Mod: 18 MIT

Misc. Buffs:

• Treasury | Firm Anima Guild Bonus | +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Battle Effects:

• MIT: 24
  • Thorns: 9 Unmitigated Damage

Thankfully it didn't take Marius all that much to find Lyle's blacksmithing shop down the road from Zackariah's. The building itself seemed to more or less just be a simple brick building with a large protruding glass window displaying the inside of the shop. Given the reflection of the sun off of the glass itself, looking inside of the window wasn't exactly the easiest thing. "Well I was hoping that I would be able to get a bit of a peep on the NPC located within beforehand but I guess that I'm just going to have to head on in." Without further ado, the elderly gentleman would pull open the door to the blacksmithing shop and head on in. His eyes would immediately begin to attempt to just to the lighting of the location but it was a tad difficult for him to do so at first, given the dim lighting of the shop itself. 

The steady clang of metal would immediately begin to assault his ears as he had continued through the doorway. The clanging wasn't something that Marius had been all that accustomed to but it wasn't necessarily all that bad. After all, these were the kinds of sounds that were often replicated near his own shop. "Right.. Follow the sound and we shall find who we are looking for." From the looks of it, a man seems to be standing behind the anvil, rhythmically striking a heavy hammer against his newest project. Like both Zackariah and himself, the man sports a long white beard, and is pushing seventy years old. Unlike Zackariah, there is no warmth or gentleness in the NPC's eyes. Instead, the man regards Marius with annoyance, bordering on disgust. "I'm busy," he states tersely.

Spoiler

Word Count: 290

Admittedly, Marius hadn't exactly been too thrilled with the NPCs response. While it was true that who Marius had presumed to be Lyle had been busy, the man could have been much nicer about the fact that someone had just come into his shop. It isn't a very good business tactic a business proprietor to be rude to their customers. Than again, this was an quest NPC so it probably didn't matter all that much what people had thought of him. 

Trying to push past the building annoyance that was slowly creeping up the nape of his neck, Marius would power through his emotions and speak up on why he had been there. "Right, well, I suppose that I can understand that. I'm actually here because I need you for something thou-" Before he could continue speaking on the matter at hand, Lyle would begin to raise his leathery hand and would cut Marius off. "I don't do anything without payment. Go kill a couple of those pesky boarlets for me, and bring back their tusks. They're pretty weak, so even you shouldn't have any trouble.  Do that, then I'll hear you out." The task itself had been rather reminiscent of the one that Zackariah had sent him on so it wasn't really taken as much of an issue from Marius but it still wasn't something that he had been too thrilled about. "I... suppose that I should get on that." With that, Marius would begin to double tap the accept button on the pop-up menu and would prepare himself to head on out.

Spoiler

Word Count: 264

Edited by Marius

With the quest having finally been accepted, this particular old man would begin to idly shake his head from side to side. This was going to be the first major combat that Marius had found himself in since starting the game. Depending on his own luck, it was quite possible that Marius was going to be facing off against something that he wasn't capable of fighting on his own. Hopefully that wouldn't be the case... Of course only time would tell if such a thing were going to occur. That didn't mean that Marius couldn't be prepared for the possibility though! Thankfully he had been quite well equipped from the previous quest in this quest line. "My best bet to come out on top here would be to partake in my damage potion. I don't feel as though I can really be hurt all that badly if I stick to the Plains but being able to hit back is always something that will be needed." 

Marius would than take a couple of moments to quickly filter through his inventory before drinking the damage potion that he had on his person. "I should be good now. Time to go, me." Now that he had been more or less prepared for the events to come, Marius would begin to make his way on out towards the <<Plains>>. From what he had understood about the area, it had been the easiest for low leveled players to grind within so it should all work out.

Spoiler

Word Count: 251

Given the location of Lyle's shop within <<The Town of Beginnings>>, it hadn't taken a ton of time for Marius to find his way out towards the <<Plains>>. The fact that there had been a few quests in which he had to pass through this area had certainly helped in making his way out to this point though so that much was good. "Alright, alright. So I guess that my main priority now is going to be walking about the <<Plains>> until I find something to take down? Boarlets. Perhaps one of the easiest monsters for me to fight... which is a good thing. For now. Eventually I am going to need to learn to handle myself against stronger foes but that day will come."

Thankfully Marius didn't have to wander around for too long in the <<Plains>> as he had been thinking about all of this. While continuing along, a brief bout of squealing and grunting could be heard from behind Marius. He honestly hadn't been quite sure what it was that was making those sounds at first but it wasn't too hard for him to put it together. Especially once he had turned around to witness a boarlet rushing towards him with everything that it had. In the time that it had taken for the boarlet to get to him, Marius hadn't been able to unsheathe his weapon and prepare it for battle. This would lead to the boarlet ramming directly into Marius's Breastplate of Wrathful Protection and knocking him forward. For a moment, Marius is worried that he is going to tilt forward. Thankfully he manages to catch himself before hitting the ground. The attack itself wasn't all that dangerous but if he wasn't careful, those attacks could slowly work their way up.

Spoiler

Word Count: 296

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 119/120 | EN: 30/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Boarlet 
HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3

• Marius | ID: N/A | BD: N/A | Surprised and Defending

• | 0 * 0 DMG | 4-24 = 1 DMG
  • Boarlet | ID: 198989 | MD: 9 | Attacking Marius
    • The Strike Lands! There's a minor critical! (-1 EN)
      3 * 1 + 1 = 4 DMG | 0 * 0 = 0 DMG

Edited by Marius

Now that the battle ahead has finally begun, Marius would ready himself for the task at hand. He would begin to take his warhammer in hand before attempting to swing it towards the boar that he had now found himself in combat with. Unfortunately, swinging around this weapon wasn't something that he had all that much practice with. That being the case, as he had swung for the side of the boarlet with his warhammer, his weapon would swing right past the tiny boarlet. "I.. suppose that this isn't exactly the easiest thing to do." Having seen Marius miss with that attack, the boarlet had decided to take advantage of that and would slam directly into the elderly old man. Upon doing so, while it had succeeded in dealing a very small amount of damage to Marius, the boar would immediately burst into a bout of sparkles. "But I... didn't hit it?" It was then that Marius would remember the thorns effect of his armor and begin to smirk. "Maybe I won't even have to attack them to succeed in this quest?"

That was a theory that this old man was going to have to worry about moving forward. For now though, there were more pressing concerns. Yet again he had found himself getting slightly caught unawares by his surroundings and would have yet another boarlet ram into his back. It was enough to offset his movement for a brief moment, causing him to stumble forward a few feet, but not enough to knock him over entirely. "Is this... going to keep happening like this? And this one didn't even die from hitting me?! What exactly triggers this effect?" Turning about after having caught himself, Marius would now find himself faced with two others boarlets. "Well... at least this quest should go by a bit quicker than the others." Yet another boarlet attack would come but this time the boarlet would rush past our elderly player. "Let's get to it than."

Spoiler

Word Count: 331

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 117/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Boarlet 1 
Boarlet 2 HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3
Boarlet 3 HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

• Marius | ID: 198990 | BD: 3 | Attacking Boarlet 1
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 0 DMG | (3-24) + (5-24) = 2 DMG
  • Boarlet 1| ID: 198991 | MD: 8 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 3 * 1 DMG = 3 | 9 * 1 = 9 DMG
  • Boarlet 2| ID: 198992 | MD: 5 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 1 DMG = 0 | 0 * 0 = 0 DMG
  • Boarlet 3| ID: 198993 | MD: 10 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Lands! There's a major critical!
      | 3 * 1 + 2 = 5 DMG | 0 * 0 = 0 DMG

Edited by Marius

Having defeated one of the boarlets a moment ago, or having watched it beat itself really, Marius had decided to push his advantage against the other two boarlets. After rushing towards the nearest boarlet, which is subsequently the one that had missed him earlier, Marius would begin to swing his warhammer towards the young boar. It may have been a bit too fast for him though seeing as it had continued past him without any real issue. From there the young boarlet (2) would opt to jut to the side and slam into Marius like the one before it. Upon doing so, this one would also burst into an array of pixels. While Marius wasn't capable of hitting one of these things, at least he was capable of doing this much. 

The remaining boarlet wasn't playing around  like the other two though. This particular boarlet (3)had managed to hit him and not burst into pixels for some reason. It was already astonishing enough that it had managed to do it the first time so Marius certainly wasn't expecting for it to do so again! Just as the second boarlet had finished its attack on Marius and burst into shards, the remaining boarlet had trailed in behind that one and lept off of the ground, hitting him directly in the stomach. Yet another critical hit so Marius's thorns effect would decide not to go off. "I'm going to get you little piggie.. so just keep coming at me! I can do this all day!"

Spoiler

Word Count: 253

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 115/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Boarlet 1 
Boarlet 2 HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3
Boarlet 3 HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

• Marius | ID: 199002 | BD: 5 | Attacking Boarlet 2
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 0 DMG | (3-24) + (5-24) = 2 DMG
  • Boarlet 2| ID: 199003 | MD: 7 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 3 * 1 DMG = 3 DMG | 9 * 1 = 9 DMG
  • Boarlet 3| ID: 199004 | MD: 10 | Attacking Marius
      | 3 * 1 + 2 = 5 DMG | 0 * 0 = 0 DMG

Edited by Marius

There was but one quest objective left at the moment and it was currently standing before this elderly gentleman. This single boarlet has managed to stand against him far longer than he had expected for it to and as such, Marius's motivation to run this thing through was steadily increasing. He probably would have been doing a bit better overall in this situation if it wasn't for the fact that he just wasn't all that used to his weapon yet. Not that this was something that he could really use as an excuse or that it had really mattered all that much. "Well come on than! Let's do this!" 

Rushing off towards the final boarlet, Marius would keep his warhammer head aloft. Once the distance had been closed between the two of them, he would go as far as to slam the blunt end of the warhammer directly against the side of the boarlet... and he successfully hit it! It may not have been enough to finish off the boarlet but it was progress nonetheless. "Yes! Finally! You best watch out because I'm coming for you!" 

Naturally, there was no need for Marius to boast about his intended accomplishments. Just as he had intended on wiping out this boarlet, the boarlet had held the same desires. That is why it had immediately begun to push off of the ground and would rush towards Marius like it had done two times before. Marius had been more prepared for the attack this time though and as such, he would immediately brace himself for impact. Once the boarlet had crashed into his person, it would burst into shards of pixels, much like the other two that had met their demise. "Nice!"

Spoiler

Word Count: 288

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 114/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Boarlet 1 
Boarlet 2 HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3
Boarlet 3 HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3

• Marius | ID: 199006 | BD: 6 | Attacking Boarlet 2
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 2 * 1 DMG = 2 DMG | (5-24) = 2 DMG
  • Boarlet 3| ID: 199007 | MD: 6 | Attacking Marius
      | 3 * 1 = 3 DMG | 9 * 1 = 9 DMG

Edited by Marius

With that final boar having met their demise at the hands of Marius's breastplate, the old man would begin to bellow out a short laugh. Having fought against three monsters and come out on top, a small sense of invigoration had been running through him. It was something that Marius had felt as though he could get used to if he were willing to continuously out himself at risk. That sense of invigoration wouldn't exactly last all that long though as Marius would begin to take note of something nestles in the grass nearby. Given the way that the sun had gleamed off of it, it would appear as though this item was some kind of... tiny glass vial? 

To say that Marius was a tad surprised to find said vial lying out and about would have been a bit of an understatement. Was it some form of loot that the boarlets had dropped after being defeated? Or was it something that was just kind of left lying here? One way or another, Marius had intended on finding out what it was supposed to be. That is why he would begin to kneel down beside the vial and would examine it further. The vial itself had seemed to contain a vibrantly colored liquid?

While you're studying the vibrantly colored liquid, Marius hadn't exactly noticed the enormous boar approaching him from behind. This had unfortunately seemed to have become a running theme by now. Regardless, by the time he would turn around, it's nearly too late! The stampede of a singular, rather large creature could be heard from behind him! In an attempt not to be ambushed again, Marius would immediately jump to the side and save himself from that initial blow. It would seem as though another fight was about to break out... and with a boar much larger than the three boarlets.

Spoiler

Word Count: 313

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 114/120 | EN: 30/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Mama Boar 
HP: 60/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

Having once again found himself in the midst of combat against a foe, albeit one much larger than he had been expecting to encounter out in the <<Plains>>, Marius had prepared himself for the the incoming battle. To start, he would take but a brief moment to examine the name of the mob. It had simply read <<Mama Bear>> and this was enough for Marius to more or less determine what had happened. He had believed himself to have summoned this creature into existence by wiping out its children.. A troublesome matter for sure but one that he had intended to overcome. "Alright Mama Boar. It's just me and you. Let's give it our all!" 

Hoping to try and wipe this thing out as soon as possible, Marius would take off towards the boar that had just missed him a moment earlier. His warhammer had already been out and in hand from his previous battle so that had made things a smidge easier for him. The massive size of the <<Mama Boar>> had even made it a tad easier to hit it so that much was appreciated. Once the distance between the two was closed, Marius would slam his warhammer into the side of the <<Mama Boar>> and would watch as its health had barely dropped. This was going to be a far longer fight than the one he just had with the boarlets.

Not one to suffer blows without retaliation, the <<Mama Boar>> would attempt to strike out at Marius. Unfortunately for it, it's movements were sloppy and Marius had been prepared in that moment. Rather than taking that blow head on, Marius would use his warhammer to push off of the <<Mama Boar>> and make a bit of distance between the two of them.

Spoiler

Word Count: 296

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 114/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Mama Boar 
HP: 59/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199008 | BD: 8 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 2 * 1 + 1 DMG = 3 DMG | (0-24) = 0 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199009 | MD: 2 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 1 = 0 DMG | 2 * 1 + 1 - 5 = 1 DMG

Edited by Marius

Even with how little of the <<Mama Boar>>'s health that is being chipped away, Marius could feel that he was steadily making some progress. That being said though, there was no chance that this was going to be as easy as combatting the boarlets. All that he could do now was focus on the task at hand and see which of the two of them would go down first. It's this thought that would prompt him to continue his assault on the <<Mama Boar>> with his warhammer. All that he could hope for is to strike it's sides until it could go down, since he hadn't any sword arts. Thankfully this continuation of a hopeful barrage of sorts has managed to hit! As before though, the impact wouldn't affect the <<Mama Boar>> in any overwhelming way. If anything, it had almost seemed as though the boars thick skin was preventing him from doing more damage. From there the <<Mama Boar>> would retaliate, jutting its horn into Marius's abdomen and tossing him back a few feet. Surprisingly, there wasn't a difference in the damage that this boar and boarlets had dealth him! "W-what in the..? This must be from my expertise level in heavy armor."

Spoiler

Word Count: 204

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 113/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Mama Boar 
HP: 58/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199010 | BD: 7 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 2 * 1  DMG = 2 DMG | (17-24) = 1 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199011 | MD: 10 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Lands! It's a major critical!
      | 15 * 1 + 2 = 17 DMG | 2 * 1 - 5  = 1 DMG

Edited by Marius

Yet another round of this fight would begin to draw out as Marius and the <<Mama Boar>> would rush at one another. It was almost surprising that there was no other players around to try and help him out but he didn't really need the assistance anyways. His plan was absolute. The two of them would continue to battle one another until one of them had dropped and Marius had no intention of dropping. If he were to ever get to that point than he had planned to take a potion but at the current rate of things, that wasn't something that he was going to need to worry about for quite some time. "Heh. I don't think that you can even do anything more to me than you currently are."

In an attempt to try and deal some more damage to the <<Mama Boar>>, Marius had attempted to bait the beast towards him. It wasn't that hard to do given the circumstances but he had to decide on how to get the results that he had wanted. "...c'mon ya mangy mama! After what happened to those boarlets, is this all that you can do?!" The words were harsh but this was a barely sentient being from what he had understood. At least it had produced the results that he had wanted... After having heard Marius's words, the <<Mama Boar>> had bullrushed its way across the field and would leap into the air while trying to slam its tusks directly into Marius's chest. This elderly gentleman had no intention of allowing that to happen though and would drop to his knees while swinging his warhammer upward. Upon doing so, it would slam directly into the <<Mama Boar>>'s stomach and would deal a critical hit! Even with that though, it was clear that there was no real difference  in teh damage dealt to the beast. They were more or less evenly matched in their damage output.

Spoiler

Word Count: 325

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 113/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Mama Boar 
HP: 57/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199012 | BD: 10 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 2 * 1  + 2 DMG = 4 DMG | (0-24) = 1 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199013 | MD: 3 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 1 = 0 DMG | 4 * 1 - 5  = 1 DMG

Edited by Marius

Despite how well things were going for this elderly gentleman, Marius had known that things were going to draw out for quite a bit of time. It was going to be an exhausting venture that he should have properly equipped himself with a weapon for but it was what it was. There wasn't anything that he could really do here to increase the damage that he was dealing any higher than it had already been and as such, he had just kept with the same method. He would continue to attempt to bat down this beast. Unbeknownst to Marius though, the <<Mama Boar>> had been learning from his actions. It was slowly beginning to develop an idea of what his combat style had been and would go on to fight against that style in its own way. Rather than rushing in immediately and trying to gore the elderly man, the <<Mama Boar>> had decided that it would wait for Marius to get closer to it. It had planned to buck its hind legs and him if he were to get too much closer but it was all for naught. Marius hadn't realized that the <<Mama Boar>> had any different plans as of yet and would continue to chase after her on his own. The incoming kick from the boar had offset his own attack though and as such, both the mob and the elderly gentleman would go on to miss their attacks.

Spoiler

Word Count: 242

Mama Boar 
HP: 57/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199014 | BD: 2 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 1  DMG = 0 DMG | (0-24) = 0 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199015 | MD: 3 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 1 = 0 DMG | 0 * 1 - 5  = 0 DMG

Edited by Marius

While Marius hadn't been expecting the new tactic that the <<Mama Boar>> had used, he was prepared for it if it were to come a second time. One way or another, he was going to have to take this beast down. In order to try and accomplish this goal, Marius would wait for the <<Mama Boar>> to buck her feet back at him after he had closed the distance. Even with how difficult it was for Marius to move around in his heavy armor, given that he had known what was coming, Marius had enough time to move out of the way of the kick. From there he would slam his warhammer into one of the <<Mama Boar>>'s knees, dealing a critical hit! It was taking a bit but he was slowly beginning to win over this fight. "I just need you to hit me a couple more times and things should come to an end. Otherwise we are going to be here forever! Come on and fight me properly!"

Spoiler

Word Count: 170

Mama Boar 
HP: 56/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199016 | BD: 10 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
      | 2 * 1  + 2 DMG = 4 DMG | (0-24) = 0 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199017 | MD: 1 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Misses! It's a critical miss!
      | 0 * 1 = 0 DMG | 4 * 1 - 5  = 1 DMG

Edited by Marius

Slowly but surely he was beginning to chip away at this things health. It seemed as though it was going to be the longest fight in which he has had thus far, given his very limited battle experience. That said though, it wouldn't be too surprising if this was going to be one of the shortest fights in which he will be apart of moving forward. "I have to complete this quest and get my grandson, Erebus, but you are taking up all of my time. I'm just going to have to work extra hard to put you in your place." He would than slam his warhammer into the creatures side again as it had attempted to buck back once more. This was clearly a method that just wasn't going to work for the NPC so hopefully it would go out of its way to change tactics again. Marius knew that he was going to need to be hit by the <<Mama Bear>> if he had wanted to try and put an end to her any faster than he currently was doing. It was a bit of weird logic but it worked out for the most part.

Spoiler

Word Count: 197

Mama Boar 
HP: 55/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199018 | BD: 5 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 2 * 1 DMG = 2 DMG | (0-24) = 0 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199019 | MD: 1 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Misses! It's a critical miss!
      | 0 * 1 = 0 DMG | 2 * 1 - 5  = 1 DMG

Edited by Marius

It was almost as though the gods were playing a cruel trick on him. For some reason, he just couldn't bring himself to stand still and get hit on his own. Simultaneously though, the <<Mama Boar>> had continued to miss him entirely multiple times over. While moving about in this heavy armor, there was no way in which he was supposed to be faster than this poor defenseless creature. Was it due to his level being a bit of a high level? More than likely not. After all, he was only level six. If anything, he couldn't even ward off half the things that were on this floor. There was no chance of him overcoming every beast like this but... It was a work in progress at the very least. Regardless of that sentiment, Marius would once more slam his warhammer into the side of the <<Mama Boar>> while swiftly moving away from her intended attacks. At least she had decided to return to her ramming method as opposed to her jutting method.

Spoiler

Word Count: 173

Mama Boar 
HP: 54/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199020 | BD: 5 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 2 * 1 DMG = 2 DMG | (0-24) = 0 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199021 | MD: 4 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 1 = 0 DMG | 2 * 1 - 5  = 1 DMG

Edited by Marius

Having more or less returned to the way things were at the beginning of the fight, Marius would watch as the <<Mama Boar>> would rush its way on over towards him. It had been quite clear that this was the most effective method until the darn thing had gone out of its way to finally hit him so there was no reason not to work with this. Once the <<Mama Boar>> had managed to close the distance between the two of them, Marius would use some fancy footwork to step to the side of the beast while attempting to slam his warhammer into its side. Surprisingly the beast had continued to push past him with a momentum that Marius hadn't been expecting. It was thanks to this momentum that the <<Mama Boar>> hadn't been struck by the elderly gentleman's weapon. "Dang. I'm really going to need to try and invest into some kind of weapon after all of this. On top of being a support character that tries to help everyone by tanking and healing, it might be best to try and deal some damage too."

Spoiler

Word Count: 186

Mama Boar 
HP: 54/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199022 | BD: 3 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Misses!
      | 0 * 1 DMG = 0 DMG | (0-24) = 0 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199023 | MD: 1 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Misses! It's a Critical Miss!
      | 0 * 1 = 0 DMG | 0 * 1 - 5  = 0 DMG

Edited by Marius

Marius's mind had begun to focus a bit more on what kind of weapon he would want after moving forward from this quest. It was likely going to need to be something that could work in conjunction in a shield. Of course he could always ask the member's of his guild if they could assist him in obtaining some gear but he had been wanting to wait until he was a higher level for that. 

The more time that Marius would delve into his own mind, the more difficult it was for him to focus on the task at hand. Honestly, he might have been dwelling on the subject until he was hit if it wasn't for the horrible death squeal that the <<Mama Boar>> had just released. Immediately upon hearing that horrid noise, Marius's attention would return to the task at hand. While he hadn't been focused, the <<Mama Boar>> had managed to close most of the distance between the two of them, leaving Marius to swing wildly with his warhammer in hopes of landing an attack. He wasn't really counting on much actually happening here but...

He had managed to successfully strike the <<Mama Boar>> with his wild flailing! It really didn't seem to do all that much damage of course and that might be partially why the <<Mama Boar>> had continued on as though nothing had just happened to it. With fury in its eyes, the beast would headbutt Marius's Breastplate of Wrathful Protection! The following results were something that Marius had been waiting on for this entire fight: The Thorn's Effect. The spikes that had been jutting from out of the armor had stuck into the head of the boar for a moment and caused it to flail around wildly as it tried to shake off the immense pain that it had just rammed itself into. "Aha! You finally managed to do the only thing that I needed you to do! Let's just hope that things keep up this way."

Spoiler

Word Count: 334

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 112/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Mama Boar 
HP: 44/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199024 | BD: 6 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 2 * 1 DMG = 2 DMG | (15-24) = 1 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199025 | MD: 8 | Attacking Marius
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 15 * 1 = 15 DMG | 2 * 1 - 5  = 1 DMG
      | Suffers 9 Unmitigated Damage from Thorns

Edited by Marius

The damage that the <<Mama Boar>> had sustained thus far had managed to throw it even further into the throes of it's rage. Not only had Marius killed what he had presumed to be it's children but it had now been dealing quite a rather large amount of damage to it. It was quite obvious to any bystander that things weren't going too well for the boar. It still held it's pride though and chose to continue it's onslaught of the elderly gentleman. The two had been going at it with all that they had at this point and that much could be seen in the power that was thrown behind each of their blows. This time the boar had continued to slam it's tusks into Marius while he had struck out at them and attempted to crush the top of its skull. Both had been critical hits and yet both had done practically nothing to the other. Their damage and mitigation factors were just far too similar in that regard.

Spoiler

Word Count: 171

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 111/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Mama Boar 
HP: 43/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199026 | BD: 10 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
      | 2 * 1 + 2 DMG = 4 DMG | (17-24) = 1 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199027 | MD: 10 | Attacking Marius
      | 15 * 1 + 2 = 17 DMG | 2 * 1 +2 - 5  = 1 DMG

Edited by Marius

Just as the running theme to this fight was being developed, the fighters in this particular endeavor had been pushing one another past their own limits. Even with everything that has happened between the two of them up to this point, there wasn't a decisive winner at the moment. If it were to become a battle of attrition than Marius would most certainly hold out before the <<Mama Bear>> could drop him but hopefully it would just off itself by ramming into him with a regular hit. The time for that bit isn't now though as Marius would swing out at the beast and ram his warhammer into its chest. Simultaneously, the <<Mama Bear>> would proceed to jut Marius in the leg with one of their tusks. "Argh.. Are you one of the reasons that boars are so respected on this floor? Well just you wait... I'll put an end to your suffering in due time." 

Spoiler

Word Count: 156

Marius | Lv. 6 | HP: 110/120 | EN: 29/30 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | LD: 3 | MIT: 24
Mama Boar 
HP: 42/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

• Marius | ID: 199028 | BD: 7 (+1 from EVA -1) | Attacking Mama Boar
    • | The Strike Lands!
      | 2 * 1 DMG = 2 DMG | (17-24) = 1 DMG
  • Mama Boar| ID: 199029| MD: 10 | Attacking Marius
      | 15 * 1 + 2 = 17 DMG | 2 * 1 - 5  = 1 DMG

Edited by Marius