[PP-F11] Breaking Bark (w/ Koga)

"Right when I'm getting to the good part.."

The hunter sighed roughly as he got up while the crashing and rumbling seemed to cause a few of the rocks to skip away and ruin his diorama.  He would have to redo it some other time, he thought. 

"Well, at least we can look into getting more stuff for the floor raid with this."

Now, he drew Shelob's Fang from it's sheath and attacked the devilish treant, but not before Koga could speed along and get hit.  That was bad, as the hunter saw a fifth of the boys health disappear in an instant.  This guy wanted to go into the front lines?  He would have to look into buffing that HP quite a bit, although he remembered that their stats were reverted.  Was health something that was affected by it?, he thought.  Looking at his own, it looked like it, as his skills health may have been reduced too.

"Hold on, Koga!  I'd rather take the damage here for ya, you don't have the mitigation like I do."

Spoiler

<<The Wicked Wood>> HP: 740/1050 (1050 -129) | MIT: 75 55 35 | DMG: 110 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | Shatter II (1/3)

Abilities:

• Burning Timber | BURN effects applied to the Wicked Wood won’t run out.
  • Set Aflame | While afflicted with BURN, the boss’ MIT will be reduced to 50, and its DMG increased to 125.
  • Ingrain | On a CD 9+, the boss will root itself in the ground instead of attacking. This will heal it for 120 HP, and it will roll again to attack. However, its EVA will be reduced to -2 until its next turn.
  • Tier Lock | For the duration of the fight, all of the participants’ stats that scale with Tier are calculated as though they’re Tier 2. [DMG/MIT/BLEED enhancements etc.] This skill only locks downward. Those at Tier 1 will still have T1 stats.

[1] Hirru T2 | 862/862 HP | 90/102 EN | 18 DMG | 116 MIT | 6 ACC | 1 EVA | 6 LD | 20 THRN | 1 PAR | 16/4 ENVM |
[1] Koga T2 | HP: 440/520 (520 -80) | EN: 68/78 (78 -10) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 2 | BRN: 28 | BLT: 16/10 | FALN: 4 | REGN | 10 | B.HEALING: 15/30

Hirru uses Tech-D / -14 en (Stamina 2) -12 EN
  | 201972 - BD: 3+6=9 (Hit) 18x12= 216-35= 181 Dmg
The Wicked Wood takes 181 DMG
The Wicked Wood's armor is shattered twice!

Edited by Hirru
  • 2 weeks later...

Koga didn't really care about whether or not he took damage during this fight. It wasn't even carelessness, the two players had already proven their ability to down the field boss in short order, so he was not the least bit worried about any kind of impending death, at least not at the hands...branches? of the overgrown weed. Regardless the man stayed his hand and watched a moment as his Battle Healing did it's work, ticking back his health slowly.

The Wicked Wood, on the other hand, was a bit more impatient than the raven-haired man. Instead of attacking Koga though, it threw its next attack at Hirru, swinging its huge, club like arms at the man. From where Koga stood, he could tell that Hirru wouldn't be able to escape the blow, the Tree-Man being surprisingly nimble. But Koga could also see that it would do next to know damage. The Tree might as well have smacked Hirru with a piece of paper.

"Sounds good to me," Koga said to Hirru, unworried for his companion, "so, uh, you gave Durarara or whatever his name was a TP crystal?" Koga asked, apparently having decided that they could afford to pay minimal attention to the Wood. "Can NPCs like that even use TPs?"

Spoiler

<<The Wicked Wood>> HP: 740/1050 | MIT: 75 55 35 | DMG: 110 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | Shatter II (1/3)

Abilities:

• Set Aflame | While afflicted with BURN, the boss’ MIT will be reduced to 50, and its DMG increased to 125.
  • Ingrain | On a CD 9+, the boss will root itself in the ground instead of attacking. This will heal it for 120 HP, and it will roll again to attack. However, its EVA will be reduced to -2 until its next turn.
  • Tier Lock | For the duration of the fight, all of the participants’ stats that scale with Tier are calculated as though they’re Tier 2. [DMG/MIT/BLEED enhancements etc.] This skill only locks downward. Those at Tier 1 will still have T1 stats.

[1] Hirru T2 | 861/862 HP (862 -1) | 90/102 EN | 18 DMG | 116 MIT | 6 ACC | 1 EVA | 6 LD | 20 THRN | 1 PAR | 16/4 ENVM |
[1] Koga T2 | HP: 455/520 (440 +15) | EN: 69/78 (68 +1) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 2 | BRN: 28 | BLT: 16/10 | FALN: 4 | REGN | 10 | B.HEALING: 15/30

Koga's Battle Healing restores 15 HP
Koga does nothing

The Wicked Wood attacks Hirru

| 202769, MD 8 (nat7 +2 - 1), DMG minimum 1 (110 -116)
Hirru takes 1 damage

Edited by Koga

"Thanks for understanding."

With that, the hunter took advantage of being hit to enact a counter attack.  Bursting forward to meet the blade head on so he could absorb all of that damage, and deal back quite a bit of thorns damage against it, he was glad to be in his element.  Where he could rip into his enemy without much fear for his partner.  Although, that may not be partially true, as their health pools were not the most accurate tells of their strengths.  He just didn't want Koga's health to fall any farther than half.  Hirru wasn't a healer support, he was a scouting support.  That meant that he could hold his own in the wild, but required help when things got heavy.

"Well, I'll tell you this much!"

He shouted back was the start of his three hit AOE art would ring out.  Crashing against the sword hand of the Wicked Wood before ending in one of the shins.  With the double Shatter effect still racking its body, Hirru was sure that the effect was quite painful for the thing.  However, there was no envenoming this one.

"We were all surprised when the familiar shine of blue light that teleports us all away surrounded that boy and he was gone.  Although that didn't help my cause.  Being stabbed and yelled at didn't either, but that's.."

He sighed.  None of it was really their fault on it though.  He was the one that did it, and they were just reacting.  It was his fault that the front lines started to shatter just as roughly as the armor of the wicked wood had.

Spoiler

<<The Wicked Wood>> HP: 485/1050 | MIT: 75 55 35 | DMG: 110 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | Shatter II (2/3)

Abilities:

[2] Hirru T2 | 861/862 HP  | 79/102 EN (+2-13) | 18 DMG | 116 MIT | 6 ACC | 1 EVA | 6 LD | 20 THRN | 1 PAR | 16/4 ENVM |
[1] Koga T2 | HP: 455/520 (440 +15) | EN: 69/78 (68 +1) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 2 | BRN: 28 | BLT: 16/10 | FALN: 4 | REGN | 10 | B.HEALING: 15/30

Hirru uses AOE-I (-13 EN +2 Shift -2 Stamina)

| 202770 BD: 2+6=8 | 18*15=270-35=235 Dmg
The Wicked Wood Takes 235 Dmg (Took 20 Thorns from hitting Hirru too)

Edited by Hirru

"Wait, so people were mad at you for making the fight easier?" Koga asked, as Hirru made some space for between himself and the boss, indicating it was Koga's turn. "Or am I missing something?" he asked with a grunt. Koga's blade burst into black flames as he struck the Wood, causing it let out a strange cry of pain. A slight smile tugged at Koga's lips. It was quick to fade though, as the man realized that this meant his Hate was now higher than Hirru's. The swordsman glanced upwards and to find that the Treant was staring right at him.

"Ah, shi-"

Koga never finished his sentence as he was flung skyward by the tree man's now flaming blade. He landed back on the ground with a grunt. "Okay. That one hurt a little," he admitted as he got back to his feet. "Hirru, would you please?" he said, gesturing for the man to finish off the boss.

Spoiler

<<The Wicked Wood>> HP: 200/1050 (485 -213 -28 -16 -28) | MIT: 75 55 35 15 5 0 | DMG: 110 125 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | Shatter III (1/3)

REND [28, 1/2]
BLIGHTED [16, 1/2]
BURNED [28, infinite]

Set Aflame[MIT -75/ DMG +15]

Abilities:

[2] Hirru T2 | 861/862 HP  | 79/102 EN | 18 DMG | 116 MIT | 6 ACC | 1 EVA | 6 LD | 20 THRN | 1 PAR | 16/4 ENVM |
[3] Koga T2 | HP: 374/520 (455 +15 -96) | EN: 69/78 (69 +1) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 2 | BRN: 28 | BLT: 16/10 | FALN: 4 | REGN | 10 | B.HEALING: 15/30

Koga's battle healing restores 15 HP
Koga's familiar attacks with Rend (DMG 28, 1/2)

Koga uses TECH-D
  | 202799, BD nat10, DMG 213 ((17 +2) * 12) -15
The Wicked Wood takes 213 damage
The Wicked Wood is now BLIGHTED
The Wicked Wood is now BURNED

The Wicked Wood takes 28 Rending damage
The Wicked Wood takes 16 Blight damage
The Wicked Wood takes 28 Burn damage
The Wicked Wood attacks Koga

| 202800, MD nat 9, DMG 96 (125 +1) -30
Koga takes 96 damage

Edited by Koga

"It's more what I did before, both when tried to protect the Floor Boss, and what I proclaimed before."

Hirru sighed as the boy dealt a decisive blow against the Wicked Wood, but that would mean that his entire attention was on the boy again.  At least, it had not engrained itself in the ground, causing them to fight this thing for much longer, but that didn't seem to happen this time.  With all the damage that was being thrown out at this thing, the hunter was surprised at what Koga could bring to the party.  A burn, blight, and one other that seemed to come from the man's familiar.  Quite a powerful set.  It would do much better with a focus build, but the hunter couldn't really tell what this guy had on him, as no one had that kind of knowledge without asking.

"I got it!"

He called back as Koga sustained the fair amount of damage.  With a quick spin, the hunter sent out his two hit AOE art, which struck hard against the treant's sword and against the last leg that the flaming creature had left.  It creaked heavily, as if it was a proper tree being cut down, before shattering into pieces once more.

"Well, that's another one for the both of us."

Hirru said as the prompt for the boss' rewards came in.  They had two full party shields each, now.  That meant that they could easily defend their entire party against AOE based damage skills.  These things were highly invaluable.  Too bad they were locked behind a T2 boss.

Looking back to Koga, he had to clarify something.

"So before I protected the boy, I proclaimed to the bosses, and everyone really, that I would help herald the future, and bring everyone out into the next world.  I had just become the Vice Commander of my guild, and those words meant something.  They were my oath.. my Blood Oath.  What gets everyone is that I broke that oath by protecting a field boss.  Regardless of me using the crystal or not, the boy was going to be taken out soon anyway.  It was the fact that I opposed the frontlines for something that didn't really need to happen.  Frankly, yes.  I could boast that I defeated a full health boss with single item, but that's stupid and petty.  I'm not going to make the mistake into a joke.  That would piss off more than just myself, at that point."

He sighed before going on.

"So, when we're fighting the good fight on the twenty sixth floor, just keep your head about you.  Don't listen to the bosses too much.  They're just artificially beings.  Hack and slash, until they are no more."

Hirru groaned from overworking himself past what he thought he would stop.  Dealing with NIGHT really put some stress on him.  He packed up his things while sheathing Shelob's Fang.

"Let's head back into town.  I know a great place in Taft that serves some great food."

Spoiler

<<The Wicked Wood>> HP: 200/1050 (485 -213 -28 -16 -28) | MIT: 75 55 35 15 5 0 | DMG: 110 125 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | Shatter III (1/3)

REND [28, 1/2]
BLIGHTED [16, 1/2]
BURNED [28, infinite]

Set Aflame[MIT -25/ DMG +15] (Mit was reduced from 35 to 10 before shatter III)

Abilities:

[2] Hirru T2 | 861/862 HP  | 79/102 EN | 18 DMG | 116 MIT | 6 ACC | 1 EVA | 6 LD | 20 THRN | 1 PAR | 16/4 ENVM |
[3] Koga T2 | HP: 374/520 (455 +15 -96) | EN: 69/78 (69 +1) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 2 | BRN: 28 | BLT: 16/10 | FALN: 4 | REGN | 10 | B.HEALING: 15/30

Hirru uses AOE-II -16 en
  | 202804 | BD: 6+6=12 | 18x18= 324 - 0 = 324 Dmg
The Wicked Wood takes 324 Dmg
The Wicked Wood is Defeated

Looting 202805 | LD: 1+6= 7 | CD: 7

T4 Rare Trinket UnID [202805]
4200 Col (1050*3+1050)
4 Mats (Odd CD & LD)

Summary

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oy8xX99bxSqs-LQ_tRfvoy8EqgGj_9as1WpG7pyBr48/edit?usp=sharing

Word Count
(6133)
Multplier
(204)
400 Col

Looted

4200 Col
4 Mats

2 Field Bosses Cleared

No Bonus Exp
(Players are T4 against T2 boss)

“Blessing of the Wood" (T2/Consumable/Single Use) x2 ea.
The user roots themselves into the ground, providing a party wide shield that will absorb up to 250 DMG before breaking at the cost of the user’s EVA being reset to 0 while the shield is up.

Hirru
8160 EXP
(204x5x8)
 3524 Col
(200+2100+1224[15%])
2 Mats

“Blessing of the Wood" (T2/Consumable/Single Use) x2

Koga
6120 EXP
(204x5x6)
3218 Col
(200+2100+918[15%])
2 Mats

“Blessing of the Wood" (T2/Consumable/Single Use) x2 ea.