[EV-PP-F18] Crow, Koga, and the Gingerbread Witch

Children wander
They get lost
and soon enough the forest devours them
or was it the forest? 
Perhaps something... someone out there

Will there be someone to stop this?
or will they also be a fine addition to the collection?

The mire of Floor 18 was always unpleasant to the less adventurous players of Aincrad, no one can blame them, not even [censored]. This also rings true to its inhabitants, be it Eriwald or Serpent's Pitch. Aside from the annoying to harsh nature of the floor, monsters also lurked on areas where one wanders aimlessly. One wrong turn can cost a player his or her life, one wrong step in a puddle which turns out to be a mud pit can cost someone their chance to land a killing blow. All these are to be taken into consideration if one wants to explore the floor, there's no escape.

"There have been some report of children missing, the Halloween event might be the cause of it and the leaves changing color is proof of that" an old woman uttered as Crozeph munched on some slices of pumpkin pie. He has somehow found a place he hasn't explored yet, it was similar to that swamp where he was forced to drink water just so he can do a guerilla tactic. "Dear traveler, I wish for you to end this yet another stack of torment against us people of Eriwald" she told him.

He gently pats the old woman by the shoulder "I'll do what I can grandma, but I can imagine how a girl named Gretel went out impatiently to look for her brother. This is some kind of horror movie level of stupidity" he said. The old woman was confused "w-what is a movie young man?" she asked. "Ah shit I forgot they don't know what a movie is" he thought. 

"Now how will the story continue from here?
has the heroine fled to do heroine shit?
Is this going to be mahou shoujo brutal?
or will Crozeph be able to have a companion?

image_2021-10-27_062205.png

k o g a the elder wolf
Spoiler

notes

• none

Koga | HP: 660/660 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 2 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REGN | 13 | B.HEALING: 33/66

equipped battle-ready inventory
  • None

skills

Spoiler

| COMBAT

• Mastery: Damage III | Gain 1 * Tier Damage per rank | 15 SP
  • Battle Healing V | Recover 5% (rounded down) of your maximum HP at the start of your turn | 30 SP
    • Emergency Recovery | When non-fatal damage would leave you with 25% or less of your maximum HP, recover 10% of your maximum HP after the attack resolves. Effect cannot occur more than once per thread.  When activated if the player has lower than 10 energy remaining, simply reduce the player's energy to 0. | 6 SP
      • EN Cost: 10
  • Energist | Increase Base Energy by 5 * Tier | 8 SP
  • Howl | Gain +2 Hate against up to 4 targets | 10 SP
    • EN Cost: 2 EN
    • Cooldown: 2 Posts
    • Focused Howl | Gain +4 Hate against a single target | 5 SP
      • EN Cost: 4 EN
      • Cooldown: 4 Posts

| WEAPON

• Curved Sword I | +1 DMG when equipped with a Curved Sword | 4 SP
  • Katana V | +7 DMG when equipped with a Katana | 30 SP
    • Stamina | Reduces the energy of all Katana attacks by 2 EN | 4 SP
    • Ferocity | +2 DMG when using Katana Sword Arts | 4 SP

| ARMOR

• Light Armor V | +30 MIT when equipped with Light Armor | 30 SP
    • Meticulous | +1 DMG when equipped with Light Armor | 4 SP
    • Resolve | +1 ACC and +10 * Tier HP when equipped with Light Armor | 6 SP

| EXTRAS

• Familiar Master: Rending | You and your familiar attack in tandem, applying Rend [7*tier unmitigatable damage] to the target that lasts for two turns. | 10SP
    • Cooldown: 5 Posts
  • Survival | Increases Healing effects received from all sources by 10%. Grants immunity to all damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.

buffs

Spoiler
  • Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 10% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +3% EXP Gain.

koga_stats_100x100.jpg.8206e9c593568667f99c1e44fb33b3d0.jpg

Annoying. That's what Koga thought of this stupid floor, as he slogged into the building, covered head to toe in mud, leaves, and god only knows what else. Another player, a younger girl took one glance at him and started screaming.

"A MOB!? H-HOW DID THAT THING GET INSIDE THE SAFEZONE!?" she started panicking.
"Christ on a fucking crutch, I am not in the mood for this..." Koga groaned as his mud encapsulated head swung forward.
"OH MY GOD IT TALKS!" said another girl beside her.
Koga turned towards the girl and wiped as much mud off his face as he could, "Girls, would you chill out?"
"OH GOD IT ATE SOMEONE TOO! EVERYBODY RUN!" they shouted in unison.
"Holy shit, how dense are you guys?"

The girls were not so kind as to provide Koga with an answer, as instead, they got up and bolted out of the room. And then the slowed status effect icon disappeared from his status bar, along with the mud covered visuals.

"Thank's Kayaba, great timing," Koga muttered sarcastically. He looked around the room briefly, looking for the NPC he could only assume was the owner of this homely little tavern. "Uh, excuse me ma'am," he addressed the old woman, very confused-looking, speaking to a dark-haired player as nicely as possible given how annoyed he was at the moment, "could I trouble you for a drink? Hard cider perhaps?" The woman nodded quickly before scurrying off and bringing him back his drink. A quick sip. "Ya couldn't even let us get drunk for real, could ya?" he muttered bitterly into his mug.

Edited by Koga

'Ok so a little wandered into the swampy area because someone told him about awesome shit but got lost. Now his sister who didn't find him in this place found out about the her brother going out and when no one wants to help her went out alone and now is missing too?" Crozeph tried to summarize the situation to the old woman so he can get a better grasp of the situation "yes that is exactly what happened. We do not fare well with the areas around here young man, they say some ancestors of our had been turned into the monsters that lurk outside while this season we heard of a mansion that is made of gingebread or whatever it wa-"  as the old woman talked a guy asked for a drink as he came in.

Crozeph then turned to his thoughts, an unnerving assumption just entered his mind.

"Gingerbread mansion... I'm so fucking hyped on what else I can eat aside from the house."

It was what's fixated on his mind, now he may be a glutton but he's not stupid, going in there might be more dangerous than investing in foreign exchange treating it like a gacha game. He needs someone, a person who might be into some rescue mission in a short while. As he looked around he saw the guy who asked for a drink "oh damn, it's Koga."

He asked the woman for a mug and went towards him, placed the mug beside Koga's and smiled like Ainsley Harriot

"Sup, are you up for a mission to save Antarctica temperature level IQ kids?"

Koga looked up as he heard his name. Was he hallucinating? The man turned to pan the room to see if he could spot who had uttered his name like Beelzebub. He didn't need to look long.

Koga gave the man beside him a confused and scrutinizing look. "Uh, do I know you?" he said as his eye's traveled up and down the strange man. Dark hair, strangely familiar piercing blue eyes..."Wait...Cro?" Koga asked in even more confusion. "Dude, what happened to your hair?" Was hair dye a thing in Aincrad? Did we have another Alkor moment here? Koga wouldn't mind going blonde for a bit...

"Oh, right, sorry, what was it you were saying about some kids? Some village is being deprived of it's idiots, right?" Koga said as he took a sip of his painfully non-alcoholic ale, circling back to Cro's original request. "More importantly, what do we have to kill? Will it be dangerous? Certainty of death?" Koga's eyes glowed with an unhealthy light at the prospect.

As Koga recognized him despite the changes in his hair, Crozeph quickly gave a thumbs up at him "yep that's me, 50 social credits for you" he said. He scratched his hair, Koga was the second one to notice. The first one was Night as her name was the color of his hair "the last boss fight changed it back to it's original color but I'll get it back to the brownish one soon, having black hair paired with my eyes gives off weird shounen vibes which I hate" he wasn't hating on how he looks, it's just that he wanted to ditch the edgy look.

Crozeph stared at the old woman she tended to the mugs "maybe they are idiots and this is the response of the floor, unexpected birth control. No quest window, no rewards, just a request that seemed to appear timely with those" he pointed at the weird colored leaves going up and down then below the muck as the wind blew at them "I haven't investigated a lot yet but my next bet is Serpent's Pitch got some more info on missing kids."

He gave another thumbs up again "it would be nice if you go along with me, Hansel and Gretel went ahead to do stupid shit. Now it's up to us Tiger and Bunny to find out what happened to them."

• 2 weeks later...

"Wait, do you mean to tell me that hair dye is a thing we have in here? Why the fuck has no one ever told me that before?" Koga said staring at the now black-haired player in astonishment. "Damn, and all this time I could've been changing the look up..." Having the same hair for the last four years had gotten pretty boring.

"Who's Tiger, and who's Bunny?" Koga asked, the implication that he was joining Cro on this strange quest apparent. "If I'm gonna be bunny, I better get a full bunny maid outfit, tail and all." Koga threw back the rest of his drink, made sure to pay, and then turned back to his new partner. "Alright, so Serpent's Point? Ready to go whenever you are." The man's weapon materialized out of the air, the blue fragments coalescing into the familiar shape of his katana as he reached out to grab it and affix it to his side.