300 Experience Points
<<Performer>> Profession
Successfully Crafted Item
Standard <<Performer>> Shop
(5) Tier 1 Crafting Materials

Requirements:
Roleplay the following:
Talk to Landon.
Search for materials, and bringing them back.
Craft the item with Landon's guidance.
Gather five materials through any standard means (gathering, fishing, combat). Lower level players are encouraged to avoid combat.
Craft an item using Landon's shop.

Astreya had made her way toward her favorite spot here in the Town of Beginnings, with Frosty in tow, the Frost Vulture fluttering around for a long moment before landing deftly on the outcropping of the roof where Astreya normally sat.  It was a nice little shaded spot near the central fountain.  Beyond that, it was close to the food areas where she was able to get something nice to eat.  But all the same, the main reason for it being her favorite spot was the fact that there was always some good music coming from somewhere nearby that filtered across the way.

She couldn't help but to hum along after awhile, as she often did, and it had become one of her favorite pastimes when she wasn't trying to grind her way up the ladder.  Even now, she was seated with her bird lingering on her shoulder as the young woman hummed along with the melody emanating from nearby.

Thread Start Stats:

Spoiler

-Level 21
-HP: 465
-- 420 (Base) + 45 (Iron Skin)
-NRG: 60

-Base Damage: 10
-- 1(Base) + 6 (Weapon Skill) + 1 (Impetus) + 2 (Weapon)
-Mitigation: 62
-- 0(Base) + 35 (Armor Skill) + 15 (Iron Skin) + 12 (Armor)
-Regeneration: 2% (Currently 9)
-- 0(Base) + 2% (Battle Healing II)
-Accuracy: 3
-- 0(Base) + 1 (Weapon) + 2 (Accessory)
-Thorns: 18
-- 0(Base) + 18 (Armor)
--EN Recovery: 0
--Taunt: 1

»Silver Frost [2H Straight Sword] | Rare T2
[Damage] - Gain +2 base damage per slot.
[Accuracy] - Add 1 onto your BD rolls (Cannot cause crits)

»Battle Dress | Rare T2 Heavy Armor
[Mitigation] - Prevent 12 damage from successful attacks against you.
[Thorns] - Successful non-critical attacks against you deal 18 unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

»Hoya of the West | Perfect T1 Trinket
[Accuracy II] - Add 2 onto your BD rolls (Cannot cause crits)
[Prosperity] - Gain +1 to the base multiplier when receiving col from killing an enemy.

The young woman hummed along with the music for another moment while it continued, but as it slowly started to fade out, she couldn't help but to pout slightly.  Of course, she didn't have any way of knowing just who was doing the music, as she'd never sought them out.  It was like a quiet little secret that she got to keep, and no one else had to know, not even herself, or who she was listening to.

Although as the music faded, she couldn't help but to keep humming the song along, keeping the pitch just as perfect as it had been when the song had been playing.  Frosty shifted, hopping off of her shoulder and landing nearby on the bench that the girl had chosen to sit at, beginning to search for some food within Astreya's pack, and as it did so, the young woman became aware of a door opening nearby, although she paid it little mind as she kept humming the song.

"Well that's a mighty fine tune you've got there, Miss," a deep voice spoke, causing the woman to jerk slightly as she didn't realize that anyone was actually listening to her.  "Sounds like you're singing along with that musician that plays in these parts," he continued, and Astreya exhaled slowly, noting that the fellow was an NPC.  Not that she was fearful of PCs here in the Town of Beginnings, but after that encounter with those two ruffians when she'd been with Freyd... she just felt a little less comfortable being surprised.

"Oh, you think so?  I guess I was," the woman admitted with a small laugh.  "I like the music so I come here since I can hear it pretty well.  It's a lot closer to what I like to listen to than what most of the minstrels play," she noted with some amusement.  

The white-haired man gave her a small grin at that.  "You might as well go and pay him a visit sometime.  Show some appreciation."

Astreya blinked in response, the woman's cheeks starting to light up a little as he suggested she go and look.  "U-uh," she began, knowing full well that there was no reason that she couldn't go.  "I mean...yeah okay.  I guess I can.  I was just stopping to rest for a bit before going out to do something but I guess I can when I come back.  Do you know where it is?"

"Sure do.  Take this road down a bit and hang a right once you get to the statue.  There's a place called Landon's," the white-haired fellow spoke, and Astreya nodded in response.  Well, it couldn't hurt to go and to talk to this guy for a bit.  Maybe she'd pick up some musical thing of her own.  She wasn't sure how well she'd do- she hadn't ever really gotten into music before.

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind, thanks," she responded, giving the fellow a wide smile as she stood, glancing to her bird.  "C'mon, Frosty.  Let's get going!" she called.

Some time later, after she finished with her little side-mission that she had wanted to do, and she came strolling back into the Town of Beginnings, feeling a little bit more accomplished with what she'd done.  The woman rolled out her shoulder as she made her way back toward where she'd been before, pausing slightly as she looked at the fountain for a moment.  Her gaze lifted, noting the statue at the next intersection of streets before she glanced to her shoulder where Frosty sat.  "Well.  We might as well, right?" she spoke, shrugging and causing the bird to adjust a little.  

She made her way down the street and hung a right, just as the man had told her.  As she did, the music got substantially louder, and she realized that where she was, she was only hearing it clearly because there wasn't much interference.  Here, it was echoing all over the place and sounded a little...noisy.  All the same, she saw the door for "Landon's" and set her hand upon the doorknob, turning it once before she pushed it open to step inside.

As soon as she opened the door, the loud music that had been blasting through the walls suddenly ramped up in volume, and she actually squinted against the raw force of sound that came forth from the building.  "What in the heck?" she asked aloud, or tried to, but her words were swallowed by the absolute raw force that was coming forth from the building.  She exhaled slowly, wondering if maybe she'd made a mistake by coming here.  This wasn't exactly the most welcoming place.

She was very much ready to just turn and leave when the owner of this blasphemous cacophony stepped into view, and she paused, blinking as she recognized the white-haired fellow from earlier that had given her directions to this very shop.  "Hey!" she called  over the music, seemingly able to call over the unbridled noise long enough for the fellow to notice her.  As he did, the fellow gave a grin, pointing at her with a single hand.

"I take requests!"

Astreya blinked at the words, and she was taken aback for a long moment before she set her hands on her hips, looking at the fellow.  "Can you tell me what the big idea was in having me come all the way over here?  I was perfectly fine listening to your music from way down the way," the woman spoke, gesturing out toward where she normally sat.  "I don't know why you had me come all the way down here."

"I think you've got talent."

That caught her off-guard and she blinked, frowning.  She had been considering getting into Blacksmithing, but in seeing this shop, she was suddenly aware that this was a shop for teaching the Performer job.  "Talent?  What, singing?"

Nodding, the man put down the lute and looked her over.  "I can teach you, if you want.  Up to you though.  You only get one Profession, so if you want to learn, then just say the word and I can help."

The woman frowned for a moment, before she let out a long, singular exhale, gesturing toward him.  "Sure, why not?  I'm sure that there's a lot of the other Professions around.  I don't think I've ever even seen a Performer," she mused aloud, before looking back at Landon.  "Okay, so, like, what do I need to do?"

"So here's the thing.  I'm running low on Materials to finish a few orders that I need to fulfill.  Kinda keep getting lost in the music, y'know?"  Astreya arched a single brow in response.  "Anyway, if you can go and pick me up some materials, I'll get the studio setup and we can record some kickin' music and get it into the recording crystals."

Astreya could feel her annoyance building, but she knew this was just how the NPCs worked to give her a quest to fulfill.  "Okay, okay.  I'll go get your Materials.  Just, like, make sure you'll be ready," she murmured as she turned, heading out toward the fields around The Town of Beginnings.  Here she went again.

Edited by Astreya

Foraging Roll: #202868    10    12    20
CD: 12
LD: 20 (Critical Success!  +2 Materials! +8 Foraging XP)

---

The walk toward the gates was a familiar one for the young woman- she had been this way a number of times and had seen this pathway leading out toward the wilds beyond one too many, for her book.  Yet this was just going to be one of those once again.  She paused, giving a nod toward 'Marv' as she went, the NPC guard that stood at the entrance (or exit, depending on your perspective) to the outside.  This was the name given to the NPC by Freyd, and it was one that had just sort of stuck with her.

She hopped outside, just past the gate and looked around, nabbing some materials.  The First Floor was open and green, welcoming to new players, although she had never really felt like it was as welcoming as it could be.  The monsters here were dangerous enough to kill you if you were unprepared, and that was one of the most dangerous parts.  She wondered if maybe there could be a revamp of this at some point to make it less... dangerous.

Edited by Astreya

Foraging Roll: #202867
CD: 3
LD: 6 (Failure! +3 Foraging XP)

---

That was what had happened to her boyfriend when they had gotten trapped in here.  He had gotten her some very defensive armor to ensure that she would survive and had offered to try and teach her the ropes.  It had been during one of these encounters that the young man had been killed, leaving her without any one to guide her for a very, very long time.  That had left her feeling alone (far more alone than she'd ever felt) as there was no one she knew here, and no way to find her place in this world.  It was only recently that she had started to come back around to the idea of actually doing something.

She'd left, met a few people and had steadily gotten her willpower up to be willing to try to play this game and get strong enough to get up to the front lines.  That, of course, was solely due to the fact that she wanted to be able to help everyone else that had been like her, unwilling to try, and so she had gone for it.

Edited by Astreya

Foraging Roll: #202866
CD: 7
LD: 3 (Failure! +3 Foraging XP)

---

But it seemed that she had, despite the progress she'd made, come back to this town yet again in order to find something she didn't even know she needed.  This Profession would surely help her to get further along in the game, and put her at a point where she could help people further.  She had no idea if the Performer role was something that anyone wanted, let alone needed, but judging from the fact that it wasn't something she often saw, she imagined that it was kind of a niche thing.  Something that was only occasionally used, but when it was, it was used to quite strong effect by those who needed it.  That didn't mean she had any idea what she could do with it, of course, but it would at least be a starting point.

She breathed a small breath as she glanced around, having seemingly forgotten the whole point of coming out here in the first place, which was to hunt for the materials needed to help Landon teach her how to do this in the first place!

Edited by Astreya

Foraging Roll: #202836
CD: 4 (no Bonus)
LD: 18 (Success!  +1 Material  +5 Foraging XP)

Hunting Familiar Roll: #202837
CD: 2 (504 Col)
LD: 9 (2 Materials)
756 Col
Uncommon T3 Consumable
[Cooldown: 0/5]

-----------

While she was roaming around outside the gates, the woman lifted an arm, and allowed her bird to fly up and out of the area.  She knew that Frosty would want to stretch her wings... but beyond that, she was also aware of the fact that the bird had a nose for treasure.  The Frost Vulture had been exceedingly good at finding things more than once, and Astreya had all-but given up trying to teach the creature how to fight in combat, and was instead looking to simply allow the vulture to continue to find things for her.

All the same, as she paused, she noted that there was a small thing glimmering a short distance away.  Before the server reset and update, she had managed to see increase her Gatherer Rank... which was now called Foraging, for reasons she couldn't really follow, but all the same, it made it easier for her to locate things.

She picked up the Material, just in time for Frosty to come back with some more Materials, and Col besides.  "You're the best, Frosty."

Edited by Astreya

Foraging Roll: #202838
CD: 8 
LD: 8 (Failure! +3 Foraging XP)

---------------------

She picked up the things that Frosty had brought back, looking them over for a moment before she nodded to herself, placing them into her inventory before glancing around.  Thankfully, none of the monsters here were really of any threat to her.  That meant that things would be relatively easy for her to handle if needed, but more than likely, they'd all just keep their distance away from her.  She remembered when she'd first been here on this floor and found that things had been more than a little terrifying.

But at this point, she was leveled up enough that she could handle whatever came her way with relative ease, and even if something bigger or nastier came around, she'd certainly have a good chance of fighting it and taking it down.  Like that dragon that she had gone against with Vigilon and Krysta- that thing had been rude for the first floor... but she could've still taken it down, she was pretty sure.

Edited by Astreya

Foraging Roll: #202839    
CD: 3
LD: 8 (Failure! +3 Foraging XP)
Hunting Familiar Cooldown 2/5

---------------------

She shifted, looking around with slight annoyance as she breathed out a small sigh.  This reminded her of one of her first quests, and she couldn't help but to reminisce a little, even if left her feeling somewhat annoyed at just how long that quest had taken, back then.  She hadn't exactly been used to Foraging or Gathering or whatever it was and she had struggled to find anything at all, which at the time had been infuriating.

"C'mon now, Streya.  It can't be the same way twice.  You've got a new Profession designed to help you spot all these things.  Let's do it!" she called out to herself, trying to cheer herself up a little bit.  She caught sight of a few others nearby glancing at her as if she were a little looney, but that was normal.  She didn't really mind- after all, she was enjoying herself and working to get toward the Front Lines.

Ever since her chat with that guy up on the 19th Floor, she'd set her sights there.

Edited by Astreya

Foraging Roll: #202840
CD: 5 
LD: 16 (Success! +1 Material!)
Hunting Familiar Cooldown 3/5

---------------------

Thankfully, it seemed like her little self pep-talk had done the trick.  It hadn't been too long after it that she'd noticed a set of Material that she could harvest, and in doing so, she had actually gotten a bonus one off of it, leading to her grinning like a cat.  "All right!  Five gotten.  Now it's time to see what Landon can teach me," she murmured, pausing slightly as she wondered briefly if she actually wanted to go through with this.

Then again, as she had told him, she didn't think she'd actually seen a Performer before... which was either a good thing, as she'd have a lot of work, or a bad thing because it wasn't a very good profession to pick up.  But she figured she'd just change things over if it turned out that being a Performer wasn't really what she wanted.  It wasn't like it was set in stone... she'd just have to do it all over again.

Foraging Roll: #202864
LD: 9 
Hunting Familiar Cooldown 4/5

---------------------

She paused slightly as she moved the items to her inventory, before her gaze flickered over the environment around her, wondering if she was going to keep using this place as her base of operations or not.  There was something decidedly familiar about it, given that she had spent a lot of time here... but with the fact that the Front Lines were constantly pushing forward, she wanted to be able to be there alongside them, and hiding out here wasn't the best way to do that.  

The teleporters allowed her to move forward and backward, certainly, but she didn't really know if that was something she could rely on, or if the game would try to shut them down or anything.  She wanted to try and get further on her own.  But before she had the chance to consider that thought further, a sudden flurry of activity from Frosty told her that the frost vulture had spotted something else, the bird flying off into the distance.  "Yeah okay I'll just be here!" she called after her familiar.

Hunting Familiar Roll: #202841
CD: 6 (504 Col)
LD: 8 (504 Col)
756 Col
Rare T3 Trinket
252 Col

---------------

She sighed as she watched the Frost Vulture fly off, the smile fading from her features for a moment as she looked on, feeling the weight of her decisions across her shoulders. She wanted to do more, to help more, to make sure that people were able to get out of here.  But it seemed that for every step forward she took, another weight was added to the growing mantle on her shoulders.  Those who stood on the Front Lines seemed almost larger than life to her, being able to deal with all of the challenges.

Astreya shook her head, bringing up her hands to slap each of her cheeks.  Hard.  "You can do it too, Streya!  Just focus!" she called out loud, and as if on cue, Frosty dropped a rather sizeable bag of Col at her feet. "With this money!  Let's get back to Landon!" she called outward, still yelling far louder than necessary to steel her heart against the uncertainty soon to come.

Edited by Astreya

She pushed the negative thoughts from her mind as she made her way back toward the Town of Beginnings.  She'd need to make sure she got this handled properly, and get her Profession so she could start to work on leveling it up, too.  She didn't know just how much it would help, but she would keep it going as long as it needed to be.  Surely someone would need a Performer styled set of items, right?  Right?

She nodded to herself, affirming that as she made her way back into town, and as she did so, she found herself drawn to the fountain and she was tempted to stop here just to relax.  But there was no time to do that.  She made her way forward through the town, taking the right at the statue and then came to a stop just outside of the musical shop.  Letting the positivity within her start to shine, she stepped forward, opening the door.  "Landon!" she called out as she stepped within.

3 Failed Rolls: 202842, 202843, 202844
Crafting Roll (T1 HP Recovery): #202845
CD: 10 (Success, Uncommon)
LD: 17 (No Bonus)

---

"I'm ready to learn to sing or, like, whatever!" the girl called, and as she came inside, there was a silence that pervaded the building.  She was about to speak again, wondering wherever Landon had gone, before a powerful guitar riff practically shook the building as the fellow stepped out from behind a door, looking wild beyond compare.  Not that he didn't look cool, but Astreya was far more interested in the fact that he seemed eager to teach.

She wondered, vaguely, if he didn't see many students.  All the same, he grinned widely at her.  "Let's rock."

--

It had taken awhile to get the hang of it- of singing at the right levels to cause it to resonate with the Recording Crystal properly, and she had thrown away three of the ones she'd brought along before she'd actually gotten it right.  "So... that's it?" she asked, looking at the crystal which seemed to hum quietly with soft snippets of her voice coming out.

Edited by Astreya

"You just created a physical vessel containing your voice which by my reckoning is at the octave to restore some health to whoever uses it," the man began, glancing at her, and he couldn't help a small smirk on his features.  "And all you're gonna say is that's it?  Like it ain't some sorta powerful show of weaving magic and your voice into something cool as heck?"

The girl blinked at the sudden admonishment from the NPC and gave a small laugh as she smiled back at the white-haired fellow.  "Okay, okay, I get it.  It is really cool.  I just didn't really, like, think of this as a way to make items.  I totally still have a lot to learn about singing and making these things."

She gave a small nod toward the white-haired man, beaming a smile at him, before she looked over toward Frosty, who had taken up residence on one of the shelves.  "You wanna go find some materials to make some more songs?" she asked the bird.

Foraging Roll: #202848 
CD: 1
LD: 7 (Failure! 3 Foraging EXP Gained!)
Hunting Familiar Cooldown 4/5

-----------

The woman gave a cheerful wave to Landon before exiting the shop, noting the fact that her character sheet now showed that she had the Performer profession on it.  That meant she'd be able to try and do some of these little song crystals, although making that one in the shop had taken forever... she didn't know how long it may take her to try and do some more of them.  But if she could get some cool ones made, maybe they could help on the Front Lines?

That thought cheered her up a bit as she came out into the main area of the plains just outside of the Town of Beginnings, her eyes sweeping over the area.  Her skill in Foraging was still fairly low as well, but she didn't mind working on getting it trained up.  Besides, if she was going to have a lot of failures, she'd also need a lot of Materials to back that up.  "Let's see what I can find!"

Edited by Astreya

Foraging Roll: #202850
CD: 12
LD: 5 (Failure! +3 Forager XP!)
Hunting Familiar Cooldown 5/5 (ready!)

---------------

What she was able to find, apparently, was not very much.  The woman had wandered around near the town- not because she was afraid of going farther necessarily, but mostly just because when she was done she wanted to get back to the town and find a place to setup a shop.  She didn't know if she'd continue hanging out on the First Floor not.  She had kind of liked the beauty that was hidden in the Sixteenth Floor, but she also didn't really want to have to deal with all the inorganic mess that was there.

The woman had actually gotten distracted in hunting for materials, mostly just considering where she wanted to put things.  But before she could get too far into the thought of it, her bird took off once more, and she couldn't help but to shake her head.  "All right, Frosty.  Whatever you get, we'll call that the end.  I need to figure out, like, where to put my new store!"

Edited by Astreya

Hunting Familiar Roll: #202851
CD: 7 (2 Materials)
LD: 6 (504 Col)
756 Col
Rare T3 Trinket
252 Col

----------------------

The frost vulture came fluttering back a few moments later with yet another sack which appeared to be laden with Col.  She smirked slightly as the bird came back, dropping it off in front of her and she couldn't help but to smile as she looked over the contents.  Yet another accessory.  Maybe if she was lucky some of these might be able to be pretty good things for her to have or to sell.  She knew that eventually she'd be replacing her accessory with a shield at some point or another, but she hadn't quite gotten to that point yet.

Her build was still more of a bruiser than a full on tank at this point- she was mostly just trying to get her level maxed out for right now... and then from there, she'd set herself up to help everyone on the front lines.  But now that she had the extra goal of this Performer thing... "Let's make some music, Frosty!"

Edited by Astreya