[F20 - PP] Catching Up

A slow grin seemed to spread across Koga's face as Alkor started to put the pieces together, the crux of his entire belief. Although Koga hadn't set out with the goal when the conversation had began, the underlying point had finally begun to surface. "Mmm, now we're getting somewhere," he said, taking a drink as he let Alkor continue.

"It's a catch-22, isn't it?" Koga said as Alkor finally trailed off. "You can't exactly prepare for something like that, prevent it, without attaining some semblance of a total rule, even from the shadows. But, if that is the case, such a rule undermines the idea of free will and agency. The people would unknowingly give up certain choices they were never presented with. Conversely, doing nothing, and power being what it is, we would ultimately see some form of tyrant come into power eventually." There was no right answer to the question Alkor was asking of himself, of that Koga was certain. Ultimately it would come down to what Alkor believed in, what values he felt he could uphold without compromising others. It was no easy task. "I dunno what you'll decide is the best path, but I know mine. I value freedom. Mine, other's, the right to choose is the most sacred thing we as living beings could possibly have. So I'll let people choose, regardless of the outcome. And if need be, bring up those who have been stripped of that choice. Alkor, what will you choose?"

Thread Summary

Spoiler

Col per person: 200

Koga's Tier: 6
Alkor's Tier: 6
Word Count: 6745

Koga's Exp: 5 * 6 * 6745 / 30 = 6745
Alkor's Exp: 5 * 6 * 6745 / 30 = 6745

Edited by Koga