[F3|PP] Revenge on the Mind(Search for the Hoya)

The quiet ambiance of night time Aruyt would be disturbed by the agitated stomping of heels. The angry and grieving Fox was the culprit. Being on this floor sent nerves in her that she had never felt before despite the rough upbringing that she had. Much to her dismay, her husband perished in his attempt to join the frontlines due to a quest on this floor. A NPC approached him to undertake the quest when they arrived but the minotaur was too much for the both of them. After watching him get slaughtered, she teleported away from the confrontation at his request. Now she brooded and debated what she wanted to do. What she really wanted to do was go back into that labyrinth and rip that minotaur to shreds but there's no way she could accomplish that alone.

She paced the edge of the safe zone, neverendingly debating her next move. She could either get the aid of another player or spend the time to level up and utterly crush the stupid bull. With the feelings welling up inside her, she wanted nothing more than to see it die. Therefore she would take a quick look around the plaza to see if there were any active players out at this hour.

Spoiler

Kitsu, The Fox
Level: 1
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 20/20
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Rare Claws(DMG II)
Armor: -
Misc: -

Skills:
Wild Dance R1

Active Mods:

Inactive Mods:

Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
1: 2
2: 3
3: 4
4: 5
5: 6
6: 7
7: 8

• 4 weeks later...

k o g a the elder wolf
Spoiler

notes

• none

Koga | HP: 700/700 | EN: 108/108 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 2 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REGN 13 | B.HEALING: 38/77 (SURV)

equipped battle-ready inventory
  • none

skills

Spoiler

| COMBAT

• Mastery: Damage III | Gain 1 * Tier Damage per rank | 15 SP
  • Battle Healing V | Recover 5% (rounded down) of your maximum HP at the start of your turn | 30 SP
    • Emergency Recovery | When non-fatal damage would leave you with 25% or less of your maximum HP, recover 10% of your maximum HP after the attack resolves. Effect cannot occur more than once per thread.  When activated if the player has lower than 10 energy remaining, simply reduce the player's energy to 0. | 6 SP
      • EN Cost: 10
  • Energist | Increase Base Energy by 5 * Tier | 8 SP
  • Howl | Gain +2 Hate against up to 4 targets | 10 SP
    • EN Cost: 2 EN
    • Cooldown: 2 Posts
    • Focused Howl | Gain +4 Hate against a single target | 5 SP
      • EN Cost: 4 EN
      • Cooldown: 4 Posts

| WEAPON

• Curved Sword I | +1 DMG when equipped with a Curved Sword | 4 SP
  • Katana V | +7 DMG when equipped with a Katana | 30 SP
    • Stamina | Reduces the energy of all Katana attacks by 2 EN | 4 SP
    • Ferocity | +2 DMG when using Katana Sword Arts | 4 SP

| ARMOR

• Light Armor V | +30 MIT when equipped with Light Armor | 30 SP
    • Meticulous | +1 DMG when equipped with Light Armor | 4 SP
    • Resolve | +1 ACC and +10 * Tier HP when equipped with Light Armor | 6 SP

| EXTRAS

• Familiar Master: Rending | You and your familiar attack in tandem, applying Rend [7*tier unmitigatable damage] to the target that lasts for two turns. | 10SP
    • Cooldown: 5 Posts
  • Survival | Increases Healing effects received from all sources by 10%. Grants immunity to all damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.

buffs

Spoiler
  • Laurel Wreath | Earn Col equivalent to 15% of player’s EXP earned in thread
  • <<Well Rested>> | -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
  • <<Squeaky Clean>> | The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down).
  • <<Relaxed>> | Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
  • <<Multipurpose>> | Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll.

koga_stats_100x100.jpg.6e3dfa9fa766c8677f3353a90b0ebce4.jpg

Lately the late hours of the night had become Koga's preferred time to hunt. He could lie to himself and say it was because he enjoyed the cool night air, or the way the moonlight shone or some other sentimental notion, but he'd be lying to himself if he did. The truth of the matter was simply that there were fewer players out this time of night to see him agonize over his own demons. Failed relationships, those he cared about but wasn't able to protect, all those he'd lost, the kind of self-flagellation only those who had yet to forgive themselves went through.

More recently, though, his thoughts kept turning to that one blossom who had turned him inside out in a single moment.

Okay, well that was probably his fault too, maybe he'd pushed a little too far, but still...that was a moment he hadn't been able to get out of his head lately...nor was he entirely sure how he felt about it.

Okami brushed against his leg, and Koga looked down at the snowy canine, the touch enough to pull the man from his thoughts. The wolf looked away purposefully, and Koga followed his gaze to...a player who did not seem like she wanted to be bothered...and yet was purposefully searching the plaza for...something, or someone.

"What?" Koga questioned the wolf. "I'm not gonna go talk to her if that's what you're getting at." The wolf began to walk towards the woman anyways. "We come out here in the dead of night to avoid people," Koga tried to remind the canine. The wolf kept walking. Koga sighed. "Fine." He too started to walk towards the woman.

"Need some help?" Koga asked, as he drew near, not bothering with the usual pleasantries as the Wolf stopped a respectable away from the woman. "Little late to be out farming, isn't it?"

• 2 weeks later...

With so much on her mind, the fox of a woman would be taken slightly aback as a voice called out to her. She hadn't noticed him initially so she jumped slightly as his voice reached her. After a moment of calming breath, doing her best not to be a total bitch given the circumstances, Fox would speak up. "Me and my husband would rather do leveling during the night as not to disturb the other players on similar questing areas..." She paused for a moment as the memory she experienced less than 24 hours ago. "...I was not strong enough to save him. Perhaps we were over-zealous. He didn't even have time to reach for a potion or a teleportation crystal... He... I only made it out because the boss was occupied..." Fox would say as her vision trailed to the ground.

"I'm sorry. If you aren't too busy... I would like to see that monster die but I'm not strong enough to challenge it. I wish I could say I would go level and take it on myself but I can't bring myself to leave the floor. Would you be willing to help me?" She asked as seriously as she could manage with tears in her eyes.

'Shit,' was about the only thing that came to Koga's mind as the woman explained her predicament to him. How was it he always ended up with the tragic stories. Well more tragic stories. Birds of a feather, he supposed.

"Ma'am, you should jus-" He was going to tell her to go home. To grieve, and to not waste her time. But the tear stained face was what cut him off. More powerful than words. Or maybe the guy was just a sap, or he wanted to be a white knight. Koga stopped caring about the why of things a while ago. He sighed and looked at his familiar, who stared back up at him approvingly, knowing what was going through his master's mind. "Alright," Koga answered after a brief moment of silence. The man drew his sword, and started to walk towards the Labyrinth's entrance. "C'mon. Let's get this over with."

Did it even matter if the woman got her revenge? The damned thing was gonna spawn again by the time morning came around. It wasn't like she was getting some kind of righteous retribution or anything like that. But, maybe, it would help ease her mind. That was the best outcome here, wasn't it?