[F15-PP] Tune of Shattered Glass

FPqpTUBR.jpg

A feeling of weightlessness, a rushing that turns immediately to heft. Feet feel heavy before they become lighter. White noise, a chatter of a crowd, and as the guy turns to take in his surroundings. Chipper faces, vibrant stalls. Smiles to be had, as pairings of players and NPC's alike dance quickened feet from place to place. Uncomfortable at first as he feels his hand seek out his hair, without a reason as to why. His head was swimming, and his stomach was turning. A look down into his offhand finds a vial and a rose, and his feet start to carry him.

Finding himself stop, and check the time. "Looks like I'm a bit early." The guy felt like he could leap out of his skin, his bones almost ached. A soft sigh, taking to the center fountain and taking a seat. The large tower rings the top of a new hour, and the night air was just a bit bitter. Water moves gracefully, casting waterfall like audio to the ear, finding himself swimming mentally into it to settle nerves. Jugglers, dancers and the like building revelry in the streets, while Raidou was nothing more than a bundle of nerves.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Lost
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 86
HP: 980/980
EN: 116/116

Stats:
Damage: 11
Mitigation: 44
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 1
Battle Healing: 53
Loot Dice: 14
BLGT: 32
TAUNT
V.D.: 107
V.O.: 161

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ebon Star - Vanguard Revenant [T4/Demonic/Straight Sword]: V.O 2, Taunt, Blight 1
Armor: Red Wander's Resolve - Sympathy [T1/Demonic/Cloth] 2 Evasion, 2 Vampiric Defensive
Misc: Onyx Spectacles [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Loot Dice

Skills:
Straight Sword R5
Cloth Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Howl
Searching R5
Fighting Spirit

Active Mods:
Detect
Athletics
Vengeful Riposte
Tracking
Justified Riposte

Addons:
Nimble
Ferocity
Precision
Focused Howl
Stamina
Reveal

Active Extra Skills:
Parry
Survival
Forgotten King’s Authority
Concentration

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor []: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Yamata no Orochi Statue: +1 Loot Dice for a thread

There was a fluttering sensation in her chest as she stepped forward, her eyes glittering with anticipation. The streets were so busy at this time of day, always bustling with players either heading out of town, or heading back for a bite to eat and something to drink. Her clothes were simple, yet still fancy enough to warrant being worn during something like this. A silky-smooth black sleeveless high-necked dress with a Pink and white jacket that was detailed with red and black roses. Dainty red heels, with black stockings detailed with climbing white and pink roses. Her hair was styled in a braid that hung over her shoulder.

She walked inside the building, her eyes scanning the room, looking for one specific person. her eyes finally landed on the one that she was looking for. That familiar shock of dark brown hair, those familiar golden eyes looking for her too. She quietly approached him, before leaning on him, resting her chin on his shoulder, a coy smile on her face as she gently pressed against him. "Looking for me, Raidou-kun..?" she breathed, her eyes twinkling with a mischievous light. "You're always here before me... I'm starting to feel a little bad for making you wait, even if its only for a little while. I'm here now, though~"

Spoiler

Stats + Equipment

Stats

• Level 32 (Paragon Lvl 11)
  • 720 HP
  • 106 EN
  • 21 DMG
  • 78 MIT
  • Acc 4
  • 32 Blight
  • 40 Frostbite
  • 56 Burn
  • 68 Vamp. Def.

Equipment

Armor - Queen's Gambit (T4 Demonic Light Armor(2 slots MIT, 2 slots Vampiric Def.))

Accessory -  Mask of rose (Perfect T2 Jewelry (3 slots Acc))

Weapon - Jack's Burned Lament (T4 Demonic weapon(Blight/Burn/Frostbite/Cursed)

Shiroe.(Log.Horizon).full.1935544.jpgHe swallows hard, that burning in his chest strengthens itself right back up. "You...look amazing." Raidou remarks, finding a tinge of red dancing across his nose. Drinking in her appearance, he finds himself staring, coughing sharply and twists his head. "Sorry, I wasn't waiting for that long." He was dressed to the hilt, unsure really how to present himself. Now he couldn't help but feel over dressed, out of place. Leaning into his shoulder, sees him list back. Could feel her breath through subtle vibrations under her chin. Warm.

"I brought you something." shaking his head, dismissing the swimming that was making his heart skip a beat. Offering the velvet rose to her, courtesy of floor 2 and the vial, a clear albeit almost white mix in it. Crafted by the alchemist, a perfume of vanilla and lily. It took the better part of 3 days to get right, he'd hoped she'd like it. "Shall we?" nervously raising to his feet and offering her his arm. They had an entire night to themselves, life had allowed this respite. Smiling wide and unable to remove that goofy grin from his face. There was an entire sea of lights to explore, and the night was young.

Violet's smile grew warmer, and she gently cupped his face with a hand, her fingers brushing his cheek. "Well you're quite the treat to look at yourself, dear.." Her deep red eyes twinkled with delight. As Raidou presented the Rose to her, she let out a soft gasp, her blush deepening slightly. "Rai, its beautiful... I love it!" Violet gingerly took the rose from Raidou, holding it up to her nose as she drank in the scent of the delicate flower, its smell near intoxicating. She gently wove the stem of the flower into her braid, allowing the flower to rest against her cheek.

Violet took the proffered hand, weaving her fingers between his. "Well, off we go it seems." she said coyly, her eyes still twinkling. Her heart was thrumming in her chest, the blush from before having faded to a soft dusting of pink that just barely colored her face. "Anything particular you have in mind, hon? Or would you like to make this up as we go?" The crowd of players were bustling around the couple, funneling through the town and off into the evening.

Taking a gander down at his sleeve before basically melting into softened butter from a soft touch. "I uh... I am so nervous." He admitted abruptly. Watching her face light up in response, finds a held breath released. His date was so far beyond his class, watching the joy on her face as she cupped it with both hands. "It suits you." the dropped phrase, as this felt so damn jarring, like looking at an angel. Interlocking his fingers with hers, the warmth did well to stabilize the brain fried egg. "I was thinking we'd hit a couple of the stalls, see what we can pick up. I managed to steal a couple of tickets to tonight's show." Of course alluding to the masquerade style opera, thing. It bled culture, but was completely outside Raidou's wheelhouse. He caught himself as they walked as he struggled with his composure, stealing glances at Violet latched to his right arm. What did he do to deserve this? To deserve a woman like her?

Keep your cool, it's her night too, you idiot. You got this!

"heh... you certainly must be to have said that aloud, dear.." Violet had an amused look on her face, her smile widening at Raidou's admission of nervousness. It was rather endearing to see him react in such a way, such a far cry from how he typically presented himself, the ever-stoic enigma melted in her grasp... revealing the dashing, flustered man underneath the Façade. "Well... why don't we get a treat from one of the street vendors first?" she commented, nodding her head towards one of the many food stalls that littered the street, run by NPC's and players alike. Food ranging from the standard fare that was served all throughout Aincrad, to specialty dishes that were hand-crafted by players all throughout the floors. "I can see quite a few choices that might taste fantastic... though I also see a little souvenir shop that seems a bit interesting." A stall that seemed to sell various different trinket-based materials that was run by an elderly old lady NPC had caught Violet's eye, specifically the elegant little sculptures that were littering the tables there.

Violet seemed to be enjoying herself already, and slowly the bundle of nerves was beginning to worm its way apart. "I wonder what they have in stock?" Rubbing his cheek with a fingernail, a single stare causing him to recoil. He was painfully aware that she was a woman, whereas for most it didn't even register. The soft tapping of their footsteps, as the swordsman swooned on the heat gracing his palm. Those entwined tethers linking one heart to another, Raidou finds his grip tighten a bit. To the first stall, some strange unexplained 'thing' skewered on a stick.

The hell is this?

It looked like a squid or something, just shanked and held over a fire. The guy holds one out to him and abruptly the guy quickly shifts his head out of the way. Nah, that isn't food, it smells terrible. To the old coot trying to plus sell him this thing, Raidou smiles and raises a hand "Uh, just browsing." before another jab makes him sift quickly, glasses fall and shatter. A sigh, as he twists down. Raising his head with a sink in his chest, that was another pair down the drain. Opening his eyes shows those big plot hooks digging in deep. Small gemstones gleaming back at the sudden exchange. "o..h, we should get the hell out of here. I don't want to eat that." he could feel Violets breath on his face.

A quaint little stand, an elderly woman who couldn't be more than 3 and half feet tall slowly rocking back and forth. "Wow, these are pretty fine craftsmanship. You make these yourself?" She smiles without a word and nods, before her eyes narrow. Deer in headlights, nope, wasn't the sort to have any idea what he was doing. But his eyes scan, naked faced, and in another time he'd be blind. Something stood out to him, a single small figurine on a base. A little wiggling snake that reminded him quite a bit of Akame. It triggered from some button or device on the bottom. Slowly twisting, a tiny ticking like a music box. "How much for this one?" he asks and gets nothing more than a cane smacking a sign.

~ 40,000 Col

Eyes go huge, holy crap upcharge much? A sharp inhale, as he taps out the number.

Crazy old bat.

Violet let out a snicker as she saw Raidou react poorly to the grilled Squid Skewers, a hand covering her mouth. "Its just street food, Grilled squid isn't that bad~" she commented, glancing at the younger man. Ikayaki was honestly a staple street food, and she vividly remembered all the festivals that happened around where she'd lived where she got to enjoy some as a snack with her family. "But, I think that this will be much better than just some plain ol' squid, ne?" Violet felt Raidou tug her in the direction of the little old lady and her small shop. She noticed Raidou picking out a small statue that resembled her beloved familiar, making her stop short for a moment... At the sheer highway Robbery.

The price tag was rather high, especially for something as small as the figurine that Raidou seemed to be planning on buying. The old woman was taking advantage of him to a degree. Violet let out a sigh as she took pity on her lover's plight, gently moving his hand away from the small figurine. "Love, I truly hope that us being on a date hasn't turned your brain off completely.." she chided softly, before pointing at a completely different carved sculpture. It was what looked like a white queen chess piece, carved expertly to resemble a miniature of the real thing. There was another chess piece sitting right next to it, this one a White King, carved in a similar manner.

Violet quirked an eyebrow at the NPC, who displayed a much more reasonable price tag of 5.000 Col per piece, a mere fraction of what Rai had been planning on buying the other statue for. "You won't have to spend so much if you looked at the simple things... I feel like this represents us both much better, no?" she said, passing over the col to the NPC, and passing him the queen piece, taking the king for herself. "There! Now we both have something that reminds us of the other!"

This evening was going rather sideways, maybe. But Violet seemed to be enjoying herself and frankly that was all that really mattered. "I was...you're probably right." He taps the cancel, and lowers the price considerably. Palming the porcelain white queen in his hand, plucking the price tag from the base. Rolling it around in his fingertips for a moment, admiring the smoothness. It was truly well-made. "I'm sorry." he admits with a slink of his shoulders, offering the thing to his pocket. "I haven't a clue what I am supposed to be doing, I had this whole evening planned out. Food and a show, the whole nine yards." Truth from him, the guy was always honest. "It all made sense until I saw you, and then I forgot everything." Blanked white, as if someone had taken an eraser to the sheet and wiped all the words clean.

Leaning into her a bit, glad to have gotten it off of his chest. "I want this to be a night you'll never forget."

Violet let out a sigh, elbowing Raidou gently in the ribs. "Rai, I'd be happy with just about anything, I thought you knew that already.." she chided softly, an amused smile on her face. "You could hand me a ring from a cracker-jack bag and I'd be happy with it, as long as it made sense for the situation... But the point I'm getting at is that you're worrying about it too much. Just take a deep breath, and look at it from a fresh perspective. Just go with the flow, and do whatever feels right!" Violet pumped her fist in the air, before opening her menu, and stowing away the chess piece, before summoning a few pieces of Taiyaki, her smile widening. She casually held one out to Raidou, a soft blush once again dusting her cheeks. The tasty treat that she had given him on their first meeting seemed to be something fitting to give to him now, when they were celebrating the bond that they formed together.

She was his star, and he was her precious fool.

Enjoying the feeling of her playful prodding and accepting her gift. "Yeah, I suppose I did." A smile, gingerly taking it from her hands. Linking eyes with her for a moment, and doing his damned to keep his cool. She really had the way of bringing out the best in him, and for all that he was trying to do, Violet made it so easy. Working his way through the taiyaki, almost ravenously. The man had been stressing so much over this he'd completely skipped lunch, and it was chum in the water.

As dancers began to fill the streets, jugglers, the same building on the night. For coin and small pleasures, seeking out the glowing streets that started to bloom like a sun within proximity close enough to touch. Raidou has an epiphany. "Would you like to dance?" something breaks in his noggin, and an immediate backpedal starts to play out. "It's fine if you don't want to. It must be tough in heels. I hadn't really thought about that. Uh, forget I asked."

Violet smiled warmly, taking a bite out of the Taiyaki. The nostalgia of the situation was making this so precious. Here they were, sharing the same snack she'd shared with him upon their first meeting. He was stoic, cold... all too quiet, and far too hard to reach. Now, all it took was some gentle prodding and a smile to get him laughing and smiling like she would have never had been able to imagine him doing before. He'd grown from how he had been before, and she was proud of how far he'd come. At his comment about dancing, she simply let out a laugh, before casually taking both of his hands, her fingers lacing between his and catching them tightly. "Dancing is something I've always loved, dear" she breathed, her eyes twinkling. For someone who could be so smart at times, sometimes he really did ask silly questions.

"And heels pose no problem, after all, the game does help you out with balancing~"

With that plastered smile, heart thrumming to the tune of its own drum. Clutching Violet's waist and moving for his collar, before extending it out for him to accept hers. An almost forceful tug, and yet it was soft in its own way. Something primal, carnal in its delivery. Desire. A heavy pull on violin, as a man perks up, finding a new potential in this strange affair. Gazes begin to focus on the odd couple choosing to dance to music that unfolds around them. The tempo begins to carry heavier, changing rapidly from something somber to a beat.

Other musicians in the crowd began to play along, smirks and smiles played upon their faces. Fixated on the strangers, a crowd staring and weighing their reactions. But to a pair of amber eyes, linked soul to soul with a pair of rubies. A shared pair of grins, a gentle sway proving Raidou's experience. An elegant waltz, clattering footprints that burned their blazing path. A tunnel as the whole world faded to the sound of the chorus, fading into the background and falling to pieces. Thought had fallen away, and in its absence was bliss.