[F22-PP] The Truth Will Set You Free

Today was the day, Freyja was going to tell him everything. Nothing to hide, is what she kept telling herself. Two plates set on the table, fresh coffee and hot tea, his favorite or at least the one that Gaius frequented the most. After the Morrighan stuff, it was clear that Gaius was trying. They had spent every day together since then, but not many words were said. Today that was going to change. Freyja had spent most days trying to decide whether the whole truth or just a part would be better, and it was still unknown. Knowing that Gaius had questions about nearly everything that was said or seen, Freyja would not lie to him. 

Freyja sits at the table stirring her coffee with a straw, thoughts of how Gaius would react to the things that she had done. What he would say, his opinions on the matters. Believe it or not it did matter. Freyja just didn't know how to start or where. What to say or how. It was a bit nerve racking to say the least. Freyja sat there waiting for Gaius to wake...

Spoiler

Freya,
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 50
HP: 840/840
EN: 122/122

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 20
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
Battle Healing: 46
Loot Dice: 6
AA
BLD: 48
PHASE
REC: 4
V.O.: 92

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Final Calamity - Remorse (T4/Demonic/2HBA): Absolute Accuracy, Vampiric Offensive 1, Bleed 1, Phase
Armor: Dark Embrace - Sacrifice (T4/Perfect/Light Armor): Evasion 2, Recovery 1
Misc: Ebon Band - Truth (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Axe R5
Cloth Armor R5
Charge
Energist
Searching R5
Battle Healing R5

Active Mods:
Athletics
Tracking
Night Vision

Addons:
Nimble
Stamina
Precision
Ferocity

Active Extra Skills:
Concentration
Survival

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal x1
Crystal of Divine Light [201986b] x1

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Wedding Ring: Soon

• 2 weeks later...

A yawn as he turns and hits the floor with a solid thud, one that one could hear through to the floor below. "ugh." he murmurs, slowly peeling himself up in his skivvies. The guy was dealing with some serious crazy fatigue after getting torn into a butt hole into heaven and getting a weapon pulled out of his chest. Sliding up and slowly piecing his clothes on as he motions out of his bedroom door and starts to trek down the tavern's stairs. A blink as he catches a side glance of blonde hair. Either Eruda broke in like a crook, or Freya was up earlier than usual. "Mornin'" he grumbles as he moves into the back, starting to mix up some tea into a kettle and adding water. Looking at the girl, dreary eyed through the window that poked out from the kitchen. A loud pile of bangs as Boris falls down the stairs shortly after Gaius, knocking over one of the chairs and laying there like a sock.

Gaius | HP: 820/820 | EN: 114/114 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 50 | BH: 41 | LD: 3 | BLD: 48 | FLN: 16 | H.M.: 6

Spoiler

Gaius, The Fulminating Storm
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 31
HP: 820/820
EN: 114/114

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 50
Battle Healing: 41
Loot Dice: 3
BLD: 48
FLN: 16
H.M.: 6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Eye of the Gale - Brionac [T4/Demonic/2HAS] - Fallen 2, Bleed 2 (8-10)
Armor: Dragoon's Mantle - Fervor [Heavy] (T3/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Polearm R5
Heavy Armor R5
Charge
Energist
Fighting Spirit
Battle Healing R5

Active Mods:
Impetus
Energize

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Stamina
Iron Skin
Hyperactive

Active Extra Skills:
First Aid R3

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal x1
Bird Seed (T2/Rare/Snack) Vitality 2 [166403a] [166403b] [166403c] [166403d] [166403e] [166651a] [166651b] [166651c] [166651d] [166651e] x1
Crystal of Divine Light [201986a] x1

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor []: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Watching him walk to the kitchen, Freyja would smirk a bit. "I have breakfast and tea set for you here." Freyja knew he just woke but the thought that he would just instinctively walk into the kitchen and start brewing something that was already made was funny to her. "Have a seat, we need to talk." Giving a sigh, waiting for him to brew more tea. Not knowing where to start, she would start from the very beginning. There was to be absolutely no secrets and even if it hurts, she would see to just that.

When Gaius sits, Freyja would push the plate of food, eggs, bacon, sausage. The whole nine yards, this was going to be an interesting conversation that could lead anywhere. "Now that things have calmed a bit, I am going to start from the beginning. It was never my intention to hide anything from you. No longer will that be the case." Scooting her chair in, handing down two small bowls to the trouble makers. "Before I met you, here in the game, I was married. Rin, I think I mentioned that name to you once before." Letting that sink in for a moment, Freyja couldn't look at Gaius right now. Stirring her coffee with that straw once more as she spoke. "We were on our honeymoon when I was struck in the head knocked out cold after seeing him drug away from me by a group called the Laughing Coffin. A group of orange players that seem to do whatever the hell they want." Clearing her throat, taking a sip of her coffee. Freyja didn't know why this was so hard. "This was when I vanished for 2 years." Freyja would pause just in case Gaius had any questions. She would not continue with the grouping topic, it was not her secret to tell. Eyes go up to meet Gaius's. 

Blinking a few times, as he stared intently through the kitchen window. "Damn it." his shoulders go limp as he pulls the kettle off the burner. Sliding his way back out of the kitchen, and finding a bar stool. Starting to dig into the meal she'd prepared. "Yeah?" plucking a piece of bacon off the plate and tossing it down to Boris who starts to turn it into crumbs. Rubbing a pair of still sleepy eyes. "Ok, but how does that affect now?" The dude starts to stir his eggs, he wanted to be supportive, but fuck it was early. Wasn't she already passed all this crap already, no sense in dwelling on all this baggage like she had a habit of doing. Yawning, he looks back at her with a cup as he struggled to keep his eyes on straight. His vision was still a bit blurry.

"So what do we do about it?" Calling the bluff with some sort of call to action. He was not awake enough for the morning monologue. 

Some food in her mouth as she shakes her head. "Do not get this mistaken for something that needs to be dealt with. I have come to terms with everything I am about to tell you." Drinking some of that coffee, softly setting it down. "Simply put, it is a story. An understanding of how I have become who I am." Ko jumps up on her lap, Freyja sets a hand on her head with a smile. "I told you I would tell you everything, this is me doing that. If along the way you have questions, I will answer them." Gazing at Gaius as he ate, it was time that the puzzle was put together.

Clearing her throat, "I was forced into a cave by those people and when deep enough in, I slaughtered them all. It was not really by my doing, though. Tuatha a ghost, spirit, soul, or whatever you want to refer him as." Freyja would gage his reaction as she spoke. "He kept me alive, from that overwhelming fear that was too much to handle, turned it into a strength. I was mentally paralyzed by pure fear. It was like I was asleep and dreaming when he took pilot." Taking another sip of that coffee, but kept her eyes on Gaius. "When I was ready to wake up without that feeling and when he knew that nothing else was coming for me, that I was safe, I woke up." Rubbing one eye with a fist,  "By that time it had been almost 2 years. Amongst that time the body count was a few dozen." Freyja would eat a little more and let that sink in before she continued.

A grumble as he rakes his fingers through his hair, taking some eggs on a fork and tossing it toward Boris. *slap* it hits the floor rather readily, spreading a bit before the bear digs into the puddle. The gold mixture of tea, as he tosses in a couple sugar cubes and stirs. "K, I uh. Yes." Gaius didn't really know how to process the girl's dirty laundry. "I guess that's a lot to handle. I haven't really had anything nearly as crazy as that sounds happen to me." Clutching his hand around that cup of tea, and taking a soft sip at the rim. The plate was empty, it didn't take him too awful long to clear it. Rubbing his eyes for a moment, trying to rationalize all this recount with a groggy and frazzled brain. "So uh..." The atmosphere was immediately a downer, Gaius didn't even get to wake up before shit got real heavy.

Taking that last bite, it was clear that Gaius wasn't awake yet... Freyja smiles, getting up from her chair. Taking the dishes into the kitchen, "It all went back to Nisa. Freyd and I were trying to figure out if she was a threat. All that time I was away." Putting that kettle back on the burner, preparing more tea. "I just wanted to make sure that I was safe before I got you involved, that I wasn't putting you in danger. It would have killed me to know that I was if it came to that." Washing those dishes quickly, the pans included. A moment of silence, as all that was heard was the water running and the furry animals eating. The steam rose and the kettle made that noise at it became warm. It was ready for another cup of tea when Gaius was ready. Taking it off and setting it aside. Walking toward Gaius now, pulling a stool closer and sitting. Setting a hand on his leg with a twist of her head. "It has been a week and you have barely said two words to me. How are you doing Gaius?" Freyja would ask as she puts her other hand on that same knee.

The moment his plate leaves the counter, Gaius collapses onto the bar. "Right, creepy chick, right?" The dragoon grumbles through a muffle. "You don't really got to worry about me. Turns out, I don't die easily." The dude seemed drained, nursing a space on the stool. Water turns on, and Boris starts sharing a bit of egg with Ko. A whistle of a kettle makes Gaius break the silence: "Thank god." A warmth on his thigh, out of the blue, causes him to peak up past his arm. "Has it? I am fucking exhausted. It's like I am not even sleeping." The dude admits slowly drowning in the cup of tea, all the fibers in his body crying soft tears. "Dunno how you all can just walk around like normal, I feel like someone kicked my ass. Haven't felt this beat to shit since I was a teenager." A sharp exhale, when would this fatigue pass and why was he the only one seemingly affected by it.

Edited by Gaius

"Is that what you think Gaius," giving a soft chuckle. "I have been home every day since then because I haven't wanted to do anything." Sitting back in her chair, forgetting it was a stool. Freyja falls backwards onto the with on foot still on the seat. "Ugg..." commenting as she just lays there. Ko runs over and starts licking Freyja face while Boris starts to gnaw on a finger that lands right next to him. "Most mornings I don't even want to get out of bed, but I force myself to keep moving because I have to." Freyja turns her head to Boris, takes her hand back and placing it on him with dead weight. With a playful growl of sorts, he tries to get loose but can't. Ko starts to play with the hair and Freyja picks her up by the scruff of her neck and just hold her a few inches in the air, also trying to get loose. "I mean I didn't get a weapon pulled from my chest but that fatigue, feeling is definitely there." Lifting her head slightly while the two tiny things wiggle under her grasp. "Is there anything I can do to help?" 

image.png.e34d9b551cb87f4a0afedf367c459361.pngPushing his head up off the counter and doing his best to drink tea without pouring it into his own lap. "Ugh, I haven't noticed on account of my stupor I guess." Maybe it was just do to him being more free with how he was feeling, but the others clearly hid it much better. "I get the feeling, I am pretty sure I've made an imprint of my face on the floor upstairs." Adding a bit more liquid to the cup, a toss of a few more lumps of sugar make it splash a few droplets on the bar. "I did figure something out though, for a while I thought I just dreamed it. But uh." Lifting his hand out to the side, a blinding flash of white light. A spear manifests in silver before his hand clutches it and a signature green flare jumps to the point of the thing, a presence of wind causing his hair to flutter wildly. The saucer his teacup was on gets flung across the room at surprising force. That pure light gains shape, turning from a glowing rod to a full-fledged weapon in black golds and silver. "My spear looks just like it now, and it creeps me the fuck out." Brionac, the Sword of Light, was his to bear. He hated it.

Edited by Gaius

Releasing the tiny duo's as the both run the clean up the liquid mess. Dragging her foot off the stool, sitting herself up. If he knew what it did when summoning it, why do it in the house... Leaning against her hands now. "I can see why it would be weird. Have you tried using it yet." Getting to her feet, Freyja felt like a boulder... Picking up the cup, the saucer had shattered against the wall. Placing the cup in the sink as she grabs a tiny trash can. Picking up the glass, shooing the tiny creatures away. Freyja knew that she could probably just wave her hand and make the mess just vanish, but she wanted to do things as normal as possible. Most days it was what kept her sane. Setting the can in the kitchen and finding herself behind Gaius, leaning forward into a hug. "When you are ready to, we can go try it out together." Glancing to the weapon, it was a real beauty. It really did look the same as what Morrighan forged out of him. Setting her chin on his shoulder. "It may never make sense, but I will be with you every step of the way." Freyja stays there for comfort, "Maybe if you tried using it, it will allow you to understand it better."

"Uh, yeah... Maybe sometime soon. Ain't going to lie, though, it feels weird trying to use it. It's like it doesn't belong to me, but chick pulled it out of my chest. So it has to, right?" Putting the thing down on the bar counter and staring daggers through it. It was loads different from what he was used to, usually using glaives or whatever, and this was clearly a dagger on a stick. Leaning over the bar and grabbing a cup that sat on a shelf on the inside, he pours in a bit more tea. That ever existent groggy feeling still boiling in his brain, making everything all hazy. The girl grabs him from the back, and he reaches up to clutch her hand in his. "Yeah, you're probably right, Ain't no use getting hung up about shit. Just roll with it and who knows. Maybe it will all work out, or it don't, and we make it. Good enough right?"

"That's the man I know and love. Now..." Lifting herself from him as she walks into the kitchen and grabs a canteen. "Let's go do something. Get our minds off all this for a while." Grabbing the empty kettle from the bar counter and refilling it. Turning the burner on, and setting it back on the heat. Opening the lid to the large size canteen, "Somewhere relaxing with only the two of us." Freyja knew just how much Gaius hated the family get together's, so no messages would be sent anywhere. It would be good for them both. Not needed to focus on anything, just each other. Freyja could make a good detraction if she wanted to. A smile as she packs all the things needed for tea in a small little baggy. Quickly walking to the bathroom to grab a few things, as the kettle goes off. They were drinking a lot of tea, but that was fine. Freyja could always go out and get more later. "We are going to the beach, the one that has none of those poky rocks." Pouring the hot water in the confined container, shutting the lid quickly to keep that steam in. Grabbing the plate of Honey Buns she made before Gaius got up, pouring those in a bag for later, then setting them in the same pouch with the tea stuff. "Come on," holding both her hands out toward him. "I will not take no for and answer. Plus, it will be good to just get out. Please..." Standing in front of him with those hands out reached toward him. Freyja would lock the kids in the bathroom if Gaius decides to go...

A heavy yawn as he plucks that spear from the countertop, sliding off the stool that had supported him up this point. "Like what?" Gaius barks through dreary eyes staring out into the bright daylight just beyond. Rubbing his eyes with his wrist, he lifts the spear and deposits it away into a pocket. Freya seemed to get a wild burst of energy rushing back and forth like a lunatic, meanwhile Gaius just mentally disconnects, staring for miles outside the window. Still halfway into his bed upstairs. "The beach, isn't it a little early for that?" The dude finally comes to as she seemed settled out, having packed half the kitchen into her inventory. "Fine, you really are crazy sometimes, you know that?" Fishing into his pocket as Freya goes to shove the 'children' into the bathroom to keep them out of trouble. Out comes a little gold key, as he opens the front door and is immediately blind. "Fuck its bright." Making motions for Deepedge, the rolling fields of wheat made a birth of what was visible all the way to the gates.

Freyja comes out in some shorts and a tank top, with sandals, joining Gaius on the walk. "Of course I know that, it was what made you notice me. Being plain is boring," saying with a chuckle. The warmth on her skin felt nice, the wheat tickled her legs. "I know that it is early for a beach trip, but when we went there last we were both on edge. I simply want to make it a memory worth keeping." Getting to the warp gate, Freyja grabs one of his hand, they both step on arriving at floor 24,  Raitoboru Bay. It was a long jaunted journey for that perfect place, but they would be there soon. 

Eventually Freyja leads Gaius to a clearing. A spot where the sun hit the water perfectly, showing a deep reflection of colors upon the surface of liquid. "I have heard," Freyja takes off her shoes, "That if you walk shoeless upon the sand, that it can allow you to feel at ease. I don't know, something about feeling the sand between your toes." Barefoot in the sand, digger her toes in the soft mineral. Water gently washes up against the shore, splashing over her feet. A few steps back as she tosses her bag upon the dry land not wanting to get it wet. "You taught me how to be calm, let me show you how to relax now. Stop thinking about everything, just focus on the here and now, me..." Standing a few feet from him with a smile. 

Still struggling with the sudden change in visuals, eyes trying desperately to adjust. The sounds of waves, calm and collected in a constant white noise. Gaius was drastically under attired for the trip, and Freya was already right into the mix. "That true? Sounds like a good way to get sand in your butt crack." Dropping into the stuff with a thud, he starts peeling off his shoes and socks. Yep, it was going to be everywhere when he was done. Hopping up and casting those things into the same imaginary wardrobe that everything else was slapped into. Could sand even get trapped in one's inventory? Gaius soured the thought. Catching up with the girl, the warm sand between his toes. "Yeah, I suppose you're right." Looking past her into the sea, recalling what it was he'd learned and somewhere along the way forgotten. "Huh, last time we were here, your dad came. He didn't kill me, which was surprising."

Freyja chuckles at that first comment, she could only think of 2 ways sand would get stuck where it was not wanted. Watching his feet with a smile, "Yea, I could help to think that he could feel that tension between us. The looks on their faces when we caught that huge fish though. It was a priceless moment." Freyja started thinking on how she could make this fun, what Gaius would consider a good time. They have both came a very long way, and this was their day, glancing to the water, it was warm against her feet. A switch of topics, Freyja starts to walk into the water. "So have you gave any thought on a date for us." Walking further into the water, not facing Gaius, she opens her HUD and takes those clothes off, only her underclothing remained as she slinks into the water. Only her head above water, turning to face Gaius now. Wrapping her arms against her chest under the water. She wasn't expecting much, Freyja just wanted to see how Gaius would react to something like this. It was something that they had yet to explore... 

Sitting there with his hair wiggling gently in a breeze, palm trees moving alongside it with soft sways. "Yeah, it's been a bit since we got out." The soft patter of Freya moving makes him open his eyes, and she just starts walking out into the water. "I hadn't really know, we've been pretty busy lately." As she slowly slinks deeper into the waves, watching her fiddling a bit. "What are you doing out there? You ain't planning to try and set like a damn tea set out there, are you?" Gaius just enjoys his space on the beach, unaware of whatever Freya was up to. The warmth was doing a number to help him relax, and somewhere in the back of his mind was a gentle scratching. As if something was bouncing around in there. "Heralds of fate? Aigus? What exactly are you on about?" Gaius mutters, starting to think himself crazy.

Freyja forgot that Gaius likes straight to the point, no clues or mysteries, it didn't bow well with him. Freyja would lay on her back against the water and let the waves pull her back to shore slowly. After she was laying next to him, the small tides moves her body back a forth in little motions. "No of course not, just seeing how you would respond to me being like this..." A small flush to her face but she stays where she was. "I think those pet names are like code for something in her past or future or something... I am not really sure. Eruda told us that we are her Warriors for a war that was yet to come. No sure what that is about either." Freyja knew that she would eventually have to ask the hard questions when Morrighan was in view again, but for their sake, she would hope it wouldn't be for a minute. " I mean she called me Angel of Sorrow, the Wings of Regret. I am not really sure what the was about, but I have an idea given everything that I learned recently. It's still a bit confusing though..." A deep inhale taking in the smell of the environment around them.

"Well, that was fun," saying as she sits up now across from Gaius, but still in the small waves. "I really brought us out here so that we could find peace in what happened. Let our fate's together lead us to where ever we end up." Setting a hand on his knee as she scoots a bit closer. "I want that to start with our wedding, something simple, dated..." looking up into the sky, it was clear blue. The sun hit her face with warmth as she thought... "Maybe 2 weeks from now. If that is okay with you of course. No rush, I just don't want someone else to swipe you up. Your a real stud you know, and I couldn't be happier that you chose me above everyone else." Sitting there with a grin as she moves to grab her bag. Taking out a towel and setting it around her shoulders, pulling out that Canteen and a few glasses. Sitting on another towel on dry land, pouring tea.

As Freya would drift back in, Gaius looked deep in thought. Weighing what had happened, and what was to come of it. "Beats me, it's really weird." The man leaned back and planted his hands in the sand, while the blonde started fiddling with her inventory and pulling out a whole spread. "I guess we'll see what is going in eventually, the time will probably show up where it will make sense. Yeah?" Staring off into the ocean, getting lost in the sounds of the tides and enjoying the slight peace that it carried with it. "If you want Freya, I meant what I said. Don't worry, I ain't going anywhere any time soon. Damn right, I'm a stud, but most ladies can't handle this." A bit of that ego showing, but it was clearly a joke. Then the epiphany sinks in, and he looks down at her with the realization. "Freya, where the hell are your clothes?"