[F01 - PP] Retail

k o g a the elder wolf
Spoiler

notes:

• none

Koga Lvl 32/43HP: 840 | EN: 118 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 46/92

equipped battle-ready inventory
  • none

skills

Spoiler

| UTILITY

• Searching III | +1 LD per rank. +1 to Stealth Detection per rank. | 14 SP
    • Night Vision | Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness. Negates the bonus Stealth Rating from low light or darkness. | 3 SP

| COMBAT

• Combat Shift: Single Target | For the following Sword Arts, +3 to multipliers and +2 to EN cost; ST-I, ST-II, ST-B. No other Shifts may be taken. | 10 SP
  • Mastery: Damage III | Gain 1 * Tier Damage per rank | 13 SP
  • Battle Healing V | Recover 5% (rounded down) of your maximum HP at the start of your turn | 30 SP
    • Emergency Recovery | When non-fatal damage would leave you with 25% or less of your maximum HP, recover 10% of your maximum HP after the attack resolves. Effect cannot occur more than once per thread.  When activated if the player has lower than 10 energy remaining, simply reduce the player's energy to 0. | 6 SP
      • EN Cost: 10
  • Energist | Increase Base Energy by 5 * Tier | 8 SP
  • Charge | Perform a single attack/Sword Art with +5 base damage. Charge attacks have a -1 Accuracy debuff and cannot be affected by any auto-hit effects. | 10 SP
    • Cooldown: 3 Posts

| WEAPON

• Katana V | +7 DMG when equipped with a Katana | 30 SP
    • Stamina | Reduces the energy of all Katana attacks by 2 EN | 4 SP
    • Precision | Gain +1 ACC. | 2 SP
    • Ferocity | +2 DMG when using Katana Sword Arts | 4 SP

| ARMOR

• Light Armor V | +30 MIT when equipped with Light Armor, -2 Stealth | 30 SP
    • Meticulous | +1 DMG when equipped with Light Armor | 4 SP
    • Resolve | +1 ACC and +10 * Tier HP when equipped with Light Armor | 6 SP

| EXTRAS

• Familiar Master: Rending | You and your familiar attack in tandem, applying Rend [7*tier unmitigatable damage] to the target that lasts for two turns. | 10 SP
    • Cooldown: 5 Turns
  • Survival | Increases Healing effects received from all sources by 10%. Grants immunity to all damage dealing environmental attacks/effects. | 0 SP
  • Parry | Apply the energy cost upon proc, not activation. Reduces the final damage of the next successful attack against you by 50% (rounded down) and negates stun/paralysis effects of that attack. If hit by multiple attacks, only apply parry to the first attack against you. Parry lasts for three turns. Cooldown starts when the player activates the Skill. If the player is hit when using Parry, the cooldown is reset to 3 turns. | 10 SP
    • 9 EN, Cooldown: 3 Turns
    • Vengeful Riposte | A successful Parry also returns 50% (rounded down) of the raw damage that would be dealt to you back to your opponent. The reflected damage can be mitigated by the opponent. | 6 SP
      • Cooldown: 4 Turns

buffs

Spoiler

| PARAGON REWARDS

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 15% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +1 LD to looting.

| BUFFS

• <<Well Rested>> | -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
  • <<Squeaky Clean>> | The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down).
  • <<Item Stash>> | +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
  • <<Relaxed>> | Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
  • <<Multipurpose>> | Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll.

koga_stats_100x100.jpg.87cbc3aed11c8b051cb3dec9f1b7bb05.jpg

If the crickets were awake, they'd be chirping away right now. Koga's was shop was dead, the quiet being filled only with the occasional sounds of a passerby outside. The scattered chatter would cause Okami's ears to perk up for just a moment as he napped on the floor, before they fell back down as the townsfolk moved on.

Koga, for his part, was in the back of his shop, flinging discarded knives at a log of wood.

Thunk.

Each one span end over end, until it inevitably buried its point deep into the wood's body, the whole rocking back every so slightly, before settling back down.

The smith was bored out of his mind as he reclined in his chair and sighed, picking up another dagger from the bucket beside him and lazily threw another knife.

Thunk.

The man wouldn't even complain right now if anyone, anyone at all, walked into his store and just looked around. Anything to break up the monotony of the day.

Edited by Koga
  • 4 weeks later...

Fuck today.

Those words hung in the mind of Corvo as he wandered through the paradoxically busy and lonely streets of the Town of Beginnings with a scowl plastered across his face. Hollow smiles and forgettable faces lined the thoroughfare as he was constantly reminded of how few people he knew, and how none of them could possibly fill the void left behind with his family, a world away. That had been the same mentality that eroded him for years, and even that tasted foul now. The worst part of it all was that today of all days, he couldn't just pretend that it wasn't painful. Tonia- his sister, the young, brilliant woman that she was- it was her birthday. And he couldn't even say how proud of her he was, let alone know how much she had changed in the time he had been gone.

What would his mother say? That he didn't listen, that he bought into this game, and that he now suffered for it without them? Had he become a man that would make them proud?

Certainly not.

"Fuck today," he repeated, this time audibly. He watched the people talking and getting excited, happy, upset, and sad- and he hated them for that wide range of emotions. Hate was the only feeling at all he could conjure. That was how he knew, he still wasn't ready. It was how he knew he still had to grow. But he was getting stronger, slowly. Even though he was alone- he had learned to sustain and be self-sufficient. He knew how to live without anyone else's support. It was the hardest, most painful lesson he had ever learned.

But it was the most important thing that Aincrad had given him, even at the cost of everything else.

He saw a small girl, frail, but sweet looking. She noticed his gaze and smiled at him, but Corvo averted his gaze. He looked for somewhere- anywhere to escape those thoughts. And his gaze fell on the first shop that called his name. A blacksmith- full of weapons and all sorts of devices for murder. "...or maybe today's not so bad after all," `he murmured as he quickly changed his direction and pressed through the door to the shop, leaving it swung open behind him. "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood," he sang boisterously as he made his grand entrance, "a beautiful day for a murder, would you be mine~ Could you be mine~"

His ruby gaze swept over the collection of wares, tools, and armor to stop on Koga- a face he actually recognized.

"Well if that ain't just the damnedest thing," he snapped his fingers and pointed at the man in one motion. "This day couldn't possibly get any better. Hey, mister blacksmith~?" he paraphrased another song as he strolled toward the counter and glanced toward where the other man had been looking a moment before. 

"Knifethrowing?" he questioned.

Spoiler

Corvo

level 9 HP 180/180 EN 36/36

DMG: 10 BLD: 1 ACC: RISKY: 8 Recovery: 1

The musical chime of the shop's door opening drew Koga's attention, just as a distantly familiar voice joined it in song. Although that song...Koga didn't think those were the lyrics. Was he saying 'murder'? Looking over his shoulder Koga gave his customer a curious look before standing up to greet him.

A flash of recognition went through both of them as their eyes met. "Wait, I know you," Koga said as he tilted his head to the side, squinting as he thought. "Oh, right!" The man snapped his fingers as the light bulb suddenly went off in his head. "That tavern a while back. Lot's of people, piss poor drinks. I...think I threw a knife at you or something?" That...both sounded unlike Koga, and exactly the sort of thing he would do.

The man looked back over his shoulder again at the stump behind him, where indeed several knives were sticking out of it. "Yeah, not a living target this time though," he joked, crossing his arms. "Just killin' time. By the way, I don't think I ever caught your name. I'm Koga," he said, offering a hand to shake.

"Shitty drinks, piss poor conversation, and annoying edgelords. The trifecta," Corvo recalled in thrillingly boring detail the circumstances that surrounded their last meeting, brief though it was. But they hadn't exchanged names, not so far as he could remember. Just a dagger, one that he threw in the same lazy manner as the knife Corvo had just witnessed him loose."At least you did something," the red eyed rapscallion waved his hand dismissively. "That girl was all talk, and I was hoping for some action. Really killed my boner. But anyway-"

He forgot the face of the woman as quickly as he'd been reminded of her. So fleeting and irrelevant were most denizens of this world to him, precious few remained relevant in conversation for long. "Name's Corvo. I've been looking to branch out beyond the safe zone and get to killin' shit. Reckoned I'd look for someone to upgrade my equipment for the task, which is what brought me to your shop."

"Whatsay I make you a bet, Koga?" he sidled over to the counter across from the shopkeep and leaned against it. "We throw some sharp objects at targets. I win, you hook me up with some new equipment. How's that sound?"

Corvo clearly remembered more about their first meeting than Koga did. He could hardly recall who had been there and who hadn't...was the girl he'd been talking about Blueberry? It sounded like it might be her...In any case, Corvo's comments in general forced Koga to mask his momentary surprise (shock?) behind a singular blink.

An slight amused, and perhaps even a tad bit cocky grin snuck it's way onto Koga's face as he heard Corvo's proposal, looking back over his shoulder at the wood log, now resembling an oversized pincushion with the number of daggers sticking out from it. "And what do I get if I win? A loyal paying customer?" Ha, that was funny. Koga couldn't remember the last time he'd actually charged anyone anything for his wares. Of course, that didn't stop them from leaving him a hefty 'tip' sometimes, but those were just the stubborn ones. Still, in the spirit of competitiveness (and potential advertisement) the man was more than willing to throw the offer up as a stake.