[SP-F5] Waltz of the Desert

Morningstar met the man's eyes. The jewels were the exact same things that Lexa would have liked. He could relate to Zamek in that regard. "If I can help someone find peace, I can't turn away. I'm glad I could help you retrieve your treasure."

He placed a hand on the man's shoulder the same way the old man had before. Zamek's smile faded into a look of understanding. "I'm sorry about your friends."

Morningstar looked down into the hole where the treasure chest had been hidden. "Thank you. Me too."

The two sat there for a while Morningstar grieved in silence. Eventually, a notification appeared. The quest had been completed and his rewards could now be claimed. It triggered tears to run down his cheeks. Rewards after such an event felt out of place. Wrong, even. No prize could be worth the sacrifices that had been made to achieve the goal. He closed the notification and returned his attention to Zamek.

"I'll take you back to town, now," He told the old man, wiping his eyes. "Let me carry the treasure for you."

The sun would be setting soon. They'd have to make haste if they wanted to return before night.

Spoiler

ID: 207458 CD: 11
No damage was taken.

Morningstar | HP: 380/380

REWARDS

2,120 2,124 EXP (4,874 words / 30 = 162 * 5 = 810 * tier 2 + 500 quest EXP)
2268 2,040 Col (400 thread col + 500 quest col + 1,368 1,140 looted from mob)
2 Materials (looted from mob)
1 T2 Rare Trinket (looted from mob)