[PP-F1] Leader of the Pack *Familiar Quest*

I sat on the bench i loved so much. My friend (Lets call him Joho-san) the informant returned to meet me here like last time. He sat next to me on the bench and cleared his throat.

Did you hear...they announced familiars he asked curiously

Thats why im here....dont you remember? i asked back

I was joking with you....i knew what you wanted so here... he said handing me a slip of paper with instructions on it. You sure you want to do this quest....

Ill do what i have to.....or want to...doesnt matter what happens i said with a smirk

He stood up from the bench, bowed to me and walked off towards the middle of town. I relaxed a bit before pulling our the instructions on how to conduct this quest.

Feed it, its favorite food, and dont kill too many of them, it will become hostile if you do....i know just where to start. i thought to myself and hopped off the bench. Off to the town of New Beginnings...again

I walked to the warp gate without telling Aoi-hime i was leaving...this time i wont let her follow me. I pulled up my menu and disbanded the party.

Teleport, Town of New Beginnings i said to the warp gate as a a blue light surrounded me and took me to the warp gate inside the Town of New Beginnings. This will be interesting, i looked at the slip of paper in my hand.

In order to gain an ally, you must give it a snack it'll enjoy i thought to myself. Sounds easy enough. I decided to stroll over to the farm lands and talk to the possible NPC farmers.

In the midst of searching for the farm lands i came across some things that i wouldnt mind having explained to me. Some of the NPC's looked at me with either shocked, scared, confused, or horrified looks on their faces. Was there something wrong with me walking through town? I decided to talk to one of the local barmaids, or bartenders at a local tavern. The bartender looked at me, then back to the glass he was cleaning. He wouldnt even look at me. The Barmaid walked up to me, and asked me what i was doing here.

What do you mean ma'am? i asked confused.

The bartender looked up from his glass WE dont...Serve YOUR KIND here he said fairly angry

I was confused, never in this game has an NPC ever spoken like that...especially to me.

I left the tavern, slightly annoyed. I didnt have a clue as to what was going on. The NPC's were becoming hostile...mostly towards me. There was a moment of silence before i walked away. I didnt understand why this was happening. I walked down the road a little ways and i saw a few children running around, playing with wooden sword and roaring at each other. They suddenly stopped and looked at me. Two mothers ran out and grabbed the kids and hurried them inside saying things like "dont look at that" and "Keep away from our children"...but they were quiet about it. Didnt matter, i heard them, i didnt understand but...whatever...man, what has gotten into them today, its so....weird. I continued on down the road and eventually ended up at the farm house where the Farmer looked up at me and smiled. This was weird, the only friendly NPC he's seen today.

Well, Howdy he said, in a fairly good Texas accent. What can I do for a feller like ya

Yes, sir, there is certain something i do need I said as i pulled the piece of paper out of my back pocket. Do you have.....rabbits? i asked him

Rabbits? he asked himself out loud I do reckon i have some in da back....why is it that chu need a rabbit? he directed this question at me this time.

I showed him the quest and he nodded his head.

Okay, young man....ill see what i can do about them there rabbits he said walking into the barn and returning about ten minutes later.

Welp, here they are kiddo he said with a smile

I reached for my coin bag, but he shook his head.

A feller like you ought to take these without having to pay for them, plus, i like ya....you've got a good head on them there shoulders, surprised a youngen like you doesnt have himself a lady-fella nearby he said with a wink and he handed me the rabbits, or at least the meat.

I...i dont know what to say other than....thank you very much sir I- i said but he cut me off by raising his hand.

Its nothing to thank me for.....you did me a favor a long time ago anyway he said looking right at me, then a smile stretched across his face.

I had to think about what he was talking about. Then it hit me, i saved his daughter a few days back....she was trapped on the third floor and couldnt fend for herself, she had gotten lost...that poor girl.

• 2 weeks later...

A cute, mousy looking girl was sitting by a fence post around Starting City. She was eating a roll that was covered in jam--something she had gotten from a small quest a while back. She adjusted her glasses, and a small familiar came crawling out of her pouch on her sheath/belt. It was a creature that looked like a flying squirrel, only in a dim pink color. However, her calmness was interrupted when she saw Ryu. She jumped to her feet, her eyes wide with fear.

He looked over to see the young girl practically frozen in fear. He didnt understand and he didnt feel right if he just walked on by. He stopped and sat next to the young girl.

Is something wrong....do i look dangerous? he asked I didnt mean to scare you if...i did he says pulling his hood off his head.

He reveals his silver hair with deep blue highlights. His eyes the left a deep purple and his right bright red eye with a scar going vertically over top of it. He smiled at her showing he meant no harm

Let me tell you a story he says calmly and begins telling her a story about a lonely boy he "once knew" who grew up lonely and got trapped her and one day things changed...he described all of "his" (the story characters event) adventures (even tho they were his own). He watched her face change every now and them but he continued on.

And so....when i watched the young boy fade away from this world...i vowed to protect a few innocent people, even if it meant killing others that would do them harm... he said in a sincere voice And thats why...i became a "red" player he finished the story hoping that she'd understand.

He pats the young girl on the head and stands up.

The NPC's on this floor already hate me...and...well I've been alone my entire life...so...being a red player...doesnt change anything at all. he said fighting back some of his tears, smiling instead.

People never really liked me to begin with...so why should they start now he said flipping his hood back up starting to walk away.

He had no idea what she was doing, throwing her arms around a dangerous man like him.

I have a quest i need to complete...that nice farmer over there gave me something that will help me do that...and so, i have to head out to the forest...or the grass lands..depending he explained to her

He was afraid to touch the animal...not because he thought ill of it, but because he thought he may bring harm to the poor creature.

Well it is nice ti meet both of you he said with a hidden smile and walked down the road to the outer edge of the forest stopping to breath one last time before continuing the journey.