[PP-F4] Frosty Cafe's (Miaki, Haine, Ruri)

I exhaled an air of warm breath, a puff of it appearing directing in front of me. Floor 4 was always my favourite floor, though cold, it was certainly calming and quite cozy in actuality. My red scarf was wrapped comfortably around my neck, and my boots were sinking into the snow; slowly. I trenched through the winter wonderland, then entering my favourite cafe.

The warmth of the heater was a lovely sensation to my red-flushed cheeks and my sore, cold body. The shop was fairly empty, but I liked it that way. I sat at the back of the store, the table was placed next to the glass panels, revealing the falling white flakes.

"Mocha, cream please." I told the waiter, who nodded and promptly went off to get my order. I removed my black coat, leaving my turtleneck sweater under it; along with the rest of my outfit. My elbows were placed comfortably on the table, my gaze resting on the outside world.

Miaki was out for a morning stroll through the fourth floor. The air was brisk and clear as he took a deep breath and smiled. The only sounds he could hear were his own steps crushing the snow beneath his feet, the wind rustling through the landscape and the occasional bird call. He spotted a nice shop that appeared even more welcoming when he thought of the prospect of getting something warm to drink on this quiet morning.

Stepping through the cafe's door, he hung up his winter coat on a coat rack and scanned the room and saw a face he hadn't seen in ages. His eyes widening, Miaki tried desperately to remember the black haired girl's name. "K. It's started with a K. Or was it a C? Ummm Katrina, Christina, Chrissy, Kath- Katharine!" He said to himself. Removing his fedora, Miaki walked towards the table she was seated at and subtly grabbed her attention. "Excuse me, it's Katharine right? You may not remember me, we met once before. My name is Miaki. I know you're friend Nikki in the Ebon Vanguard. Does any of that ring a bell?" He asked, standing next to an empty seat.

A while ago she had stepped into the wet cold snow and had traveled to the location, before the group had gotten there. She looked up from her game of chess and saw the two enter after one another. She had wondered there names, and remembered a familiar name of one persons... "Miaki..." She had said under her cold breath

She sighed and put up her game as she then decided to make something of herself and sit and order something for the herself. She had ordered a small sandwich and a hot cocoa for herself, wondering what they had ordered as she had drank a sip of the warm cocoa. As she took the cup from her mouth she felt her throat gather warmth. She sighed softly and enjoyed the taste of the cocoa. The cold weather coming from the entrance as she saw a dark figure come from the entrance."H-Haine?" she had asked herself, as she tried to remember the name of the figure.

I was snapped out of my stupor when a familiar voice ringed in my head, my body maneuvering to face the source of the sound. The male was most definitely recognisable, but his name was something else entirely. A memory skimmed through my brain as he answered my simple question. I smiled softly as I recalled my meeting with him, then dropping it to swap for glancing swiftly at his teal eyes.

"Lovely to meet you again Miaki, and don't worry, I remember clearly. What brings you here to Snowfrost town?" I inquired, I watching him shift about before settling next to the empty seat. I signaled for him to settle down, whilst the waiter had returned with my drink. A small murmur of "Thanks" was given to the NPC before he turned to the new arrival for his order.

I could see the petite frame of another customer who had entered, and who was speedily given her order by a waitress. I heard another chime of the door and mused to myself, 'Well I guess they're pouring in one by one. Chain reaction much.' I looked up at the entrance of the cafe from where I was seated, and could make out a dark figure, a female one to be precise. I squinted slightly, trying to get a better view of the feminine character.

Haine cheerfully hummed as she walked into the café, her eyes sparkling widely as she looked at all the items on the menu. "AAAAWWW YISSS!!! I WANT ALL THE SWEEEETSSS~!!" she mentally squealed before her mind exploded as she pictured all the many treats available. With her col, she could buy out the whole store! She walked up to the counter and smiled. "One big hot chocolate topped with whipped cream! And.. I'll be sitting over there.. by the other girl with blue hair!" she exclaimed as she gave her pay and walked over to where Ruri was. "Hello Ruri-chan! Miaki-san! And.. stranger!" she childishly greeted before awkwardly taking a seat by the fellow bluenette.

Miaki took a seat across from Katharine. "Well I was out for a nice walk when-" Miaki was cut off by the sudden appearance of Haine and Ruri. They both were ordering themselves something sweet and then rushed over to greeting Miaki.

"Hello Ruri-chan! Miaki-san! And.. stranger!"

"Ruri, Haine, this is Katharine. We just happened to bump into each other here today and I thought I'd say hello. So how are you two ladies? Keeping yourselves busy with The Magical Elements?" He asked the two bluenettes.

Ruri suddenly waved to Katherine. "Hi <>!" She had grinned as she spoke. She then sipped a bit more of the relaxing warmth of the cocoa. It had reminded her of real life, she had then curiously asked herself about where her and her brother were in the real world. There parent's were probably worried about her in the real world, she was probably in a hospital, somewhere close where her house was. She sighed smiling as she put down her cocoa and ate a bite of her sandwich, enjoying the time she was having here. "Yeah, owning a guild is hard work." She had said, giving Haine the other half of her sandwich as she smiled at the fellow bluenette that had been the rank of {Co-Leader} In her guild.

"Well I was out for a nice walk when-" Miaki was promptly cut off with the loud resounding pitched voice of the female, who's blue hair was moving about each time she shifted around. I could make out her ordering her food, then turning to the bluenette in front of us. She paid for her drink before walking towards us, greeting Miaki, the girl who's name was...Ruri?

Miaki introduced me fairly soon after, in which I just gave a light smile to greet the perky girl. When the other blue-haired female suddenly greeted me and waved, I inwardly flinched. Social interaction isn't really my thing, in all honesty. I gave a small wave back to the bluenette, my smile yet to drop.

Apparently the other two were leaders of guild, or so I think from what Miaki and Ruri had said. It slightly surprised me, especially since the two were at most a couple years older than me.

"Wow, you guys are guild leaders? Must be really difficult." It was more of a statement then a question, I came to realisation after finishing my sentence.

"Wow, you guys are guild leaders? Must be really difficult."

"It is a little tough. I'm actually a leader of a guild as well now. It's called the <>. It's rather small right now but we lead the 7th floor boss fight and are working to make ourselves more organized and well structured." A waitress walked by and Miaki ordered himself a <>. The young woman nodded and went over to the counter to get his order.

He hugged Haine and Ruri as they joined them. "So Katharine, what have you been getting yourself into lately. I've been working with the Ebon Vanguard lately and haven't seen you around. Are you still with them or stepping down from their ranks for the time being?"

I listened carefully as Miaki explained about his guild and what-not, with I nearly spitting out my drink when he mentioned that his guild was going to lead in the 7th floor boss battle.

"So Katharine, what have you been getting yourself into lately. I've been working with the Ebon Vanguard lately and haven't seen you around. Are you still with them or stepping down from their ranks for the time being?" Asked the strawberry-blonde male. I frowned a little in reply and gave out a deep sigh, eyes closing as well.

"Actually, I left the guild a couple days ago. I don't think I'm good enough for that guild, a lot more people can do better then me, and I doubt anyone in it vaguely knows of my existence. I think its best for me to go solo..." I answered the male, my voice getting softer towards the end as my expression dropped slightly.

'And I won't be a burden to anyone I guess. Its funny how even in a virtual world I'm not worth anything.' I mused to myself, a bittersweet smile gracing my fair-toned face.

Miaki patted her hand speaking gently. "Hey now. That's not true. Don't think that for an instant. Everyone has value. I've never met a single person who was a nobody." Miaki looked her in the eye. "I don't want you to ever think you amount to nothing. It's all a lie. You are a somebody." He leaned back and took a sip of his apple cider that was dropped off for him.

Haine's eyes softened as she looked over at Katharine. "No you're wrong. Everybody has the potential to be someone great. It's hidden inside them! Don't ever feel small.. because I have. I've been through some miserable times doubting myself. Just look on the bright side of everything! Be positive, and hold your head high! I'm sure one day.. you'll be one of the greatest. Just believe in yourself!" the bluenette exclaimed as she sincerely smiled at the brunette she had only just met before blushing an extremely red color. She was the girl who always got carried away with speeches of positivity.. it really embarrassed her at times too.

I blinked a couple of times in both astonishment and awe, my long lashes becoming slightly more prominent to others in the process. "I..." I murmured, gazing at the elder girl who had gave me a impactful speech and at the male who given me a small pep talk. I watched as the senior flushed red; inwardly holding a giggle. I turned back to Miaki who was now calmly sipping his cider.

A blank look fell upon my my face; which lasted for at most a second before a full blown, grateful smile exploded onto my face. One could even see a small dust of pink on my cheeks. "Thank you, honestly." The smile from ear to ear was still etched upon my face as I thanked the two. I rarely had any sort of inspirational speech given to me, so this was most definitely a shocker to someone like me.

"From what I can tell, you seem to be liked in Sword Art Online, I think you seem to be more of a somebody, and not a nobody." She smiled at Katherine, hoping that was at least something nice she had said, for she was pretty unsure if it was or wasn't. She then sits back down from standing up and manages to finish the creamy warm Cocoa.

She felt like it needed something more... She brought up the food menu and ordered some marshmallows, putting many of them into the mug of cocoa. Smiling as they floated around, making shapes, big and small.

"Yeah...I guess so." I said in reply, taking in another sip of my Mocha and letting a small smile slip. It was nice having company, it washed away all those cold, icy feeling of loneliness one has, leaving the inner warmth to spread. That's why I loved this cafe; it had a very cozy feeling to it that was nostalgic, comforting me.

Miaki took a swig of his cider and had some muffins brought over for himself and the ladies. "You don't sound too convinced." He put the mug down and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "Don't be so glum. I can see right here proof that you are a somebody. But let's not dwell on such a gloomy topic. We need something positive to talk about." A brunette haired young girl wearing a forest green dress with an apron over it walked over to them and placed the plate before them. Reaching for one of the assorted flavored of muffins in front of them he said. "Have you heard about the progress of floor clearing?" He said to invoke hope that they were not forever trapped. "Things have really sped up lately for getting through the dungeons. We seem to finally be out of the rut caused by the seventh floor."