[PP-F1]<<Feeding the Enemy>> (Iskandar, Ruri)

It had not been long since the once respect teacher Fumio Tokizama had logged into SAO and gotten himself trapped in the death trap that thousands were experiencing. Some decided to lock themselves away in despair while others decided to step up and fight for the freedom of all the players. Among them was Fumio who had taken on the persona of a once great king. In the world of Aincrad, Fumio was now the great Iskandar. Playing the part of the great King of Conquerors, Iskandar would go about Floor 1, trying to rally players to follow him in order to create an army that could blaze through the world and claim the vast glory and treasures of SAO. However, his loud and very...distinct presence made many flee from thinking he was plain crazy. However, during his recruitments, Iskandar was able to find one player that was interested enough to follow him for the time being. Finally, a retainer with the guts and smarts to be able to help conquer this vast land. And their first order of business? To get the mighty king a steed worthy of his greatness. A task suggested by his very own retainer.

Iskandar had already formed a party with his retainer, Ruri, but had gone ahead to where the quest npc was located. The npc was a very mysterious gypsy, clad in a silk robe and had her face mostly concealed. She spoke of a random food that could be fed to a monster. In doing so, Iskandar would gain the ability to command a beast and use it as he saw fit. However, there was one rule that Iskandar had a problem with. He could not kill the monster that he planned to feed. Feeding random monsters didn't seem like all that great of an adventure. He would much rather be out decimating enemy forces and claiming Aincrad's treasures for his own. But a steed of his own to ride into battle on would be a tremendous asset. "I, Iskandar, the GLORIOUS KING OF CONQUERORS, accept this challenge to tame a beast by feeding it food! I shall claim my steed and ride through the world of Aincrad on it, burning the will to fight into the hearts of all men that choose to follow me!"

Upon accepting the quest, Iskandar made his way to the outskirts of town. He was not heading out into the field to start the adventure until his retainer had arrived. Ruri seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, so waiting for her to arrive could very well keep him from getting killed early on. "COME, LOYAL SOLDIER RURI! THE CONQUEST AWAITS AND THERE ARE MONSTERS THAT NEED FACING! WE MUST START OUR PATH TO GLORY!" Iskandar was definitely not a patient man, and him having to wait for Ruri only made that more evident. "Would have been better to grab her and drag her along instead of waiting for her to arrive."

She agreed that the great lord needed a great steed, and she had taken this quest not to long ago, though she had just met him she felt that he could have the potential to beat the death game there had been before him. She followed along with the role she was given, and chased after the king as he reached outside the safe zone, her dark grey wolf Kanya standing next to her. Now Ruri had a question for the great king. "What steed do you have in mind, my lord?" She asked the mighty King that she had known could beat the game, even if he wasn't that high of level, she had confidence in what he would be able to do.

Ruri had finally arrived outside the town, ready to join Iskandar on the exhilarating quest to find him a steed. Since she seemed to be the more tactical one between them, Iskandar would be referring to her in this quest. It also helped that she was quite a bit stronger than him right now. "FINALLY! We have a beast to catch! This quest makes no sense. We must go after monsters, but we must feed them instead of killing them? A King should be out there vanquishing the fiends that plague these lands." He ventured forth, scanning the area for potential beasts for the quest. "We need a brilliant steed that matches the glory of the King of Conquerors. A majestic black steed that strikes intimidation into our foes."

Iskandar drew his sword, which was the default newbie weapon for the time being. "Is there a specific type of food that we should be using? The quest did not give specifics, but I assume a glorious apple for a fantastic horse." As they ventured forward into the field, there were some monsters minding their own business. "Does it have to be a specific monster, or can we choose what we desire upon turning in the quest? We could just deal with the beasts here if it is the latter."

She followed Iskandar; knowing that he probably wouldn't know much as to right now. "Well My Lord we might need to cross a few hills that they put there as obstacles before we get to the spot where your steed might be." She smiled at Iskandar before she walked up the hill. She wasn't sure what had been on the other side until she looked from the very top of the hill. "Monster..." She had murmured as she had seen a large monster-- some kind of large bull. She wasn't sure that he had wanted that; but maybe if we had dealt with him the horses will be in another hill nearby. "Ready?" She asked her lord before jumping down the hole. Her curved blade now on her shoulder as if any normal warrior as she smiled over to him.

Iskandar followed Ruri over the hill, quietly listening to her say that the steed they were looking for would probably be some distance away. "Well, if it was easy, then the steed would not be worthy of King Iskandar. Every adventure should challenge our very being in order to make us stronger for the next one." Ruri stopped at the hill, looking around for a steed. When Iskandar joined her, he saw nothing except one large creature that put a smile on his face. "Now there is a monster worthy of the King of Conquerors. Others can start off with pigs and pups, but I start with mighty bulls! We shall show this foolish fiend what happens to those that cross our path to conquest!"

Iskandar drew his sword and pointed it at the large bull. "Ruri, this bull shall be our first victory in this world! We shall make sure that all bulls fear us from the overwhelming death this one shall feel. It shall provide us with meat for a feast tonight, satiating the pallets of those that would follow us unto glory! Now let us go forth and vanquish this bull!" And with that, Iskandar charged forth at the bull, giving a loud battle yell with his sword pointed forward. The bull quickly took notice and charged at Iskandar, having quite the menacing look in its eyes.

She smiled at his idea, knowing this would be her chance to show him how good she was. "For glory!" She said as she charged at the bull like her Lord. Hoping for a good hit at the least. She grinned as the mighty bull had taked 3 damage from her sword. (+2 from enchant). She was glad that she had not made a fool of herself in front of her mighty king. She had taken no damage that round, but she was bound to get hit next round unfortunately for her.

Dice roll

[1-5] Miss

[6-8] Hit -1

[9] Critical -2

[10] Critical -3

Ruri - 57/57 (+2 Hp (Already added))

Iskandar - 5/5

Mighty Bull - 8/11

The battle had commenced, and Ruri had taken the first move. It was probably for the best since a head-to-head collision with such a monster would surely lead to a swift end for the newbie king. She was stronger, so she could handle the attacks of the beast without the fear of dying from them. This also gave Iskandar the opening he needed to go in for a clean strike. With two warriors facing down these beasts, there was no chance of anything claiming victory over them this day. "Splendid! The first strike is most often the deciding factor in a battle." With the might bull focused on Ruri at the moment, Iskandar went in to strike from its side.

With a loud roar of a battle yell, Iskandar charged forth, his sword raised high up in the air. "FEEL THE POWER OF THE MIGHTY ISKANDAR, KING OF CONQUERORS! TODAY SHALL BE YOUR LAST!" And with that, Iskandar brought down a powerful swing at the beast, getting a strong, clean hit right down its side. Iskandar managed to cleave off 3 points of health from the beast, a wonderful critical hit that brought down its health to below half. However, Iskandar's recklessness had gotten him rather close to the beast, open for an attack that could put him in danger early on in the quest. "IT IS WEAK, RURI! NOW IS THE TIME TO STRIKE!"

Dice roll

[1-5] Miss

[6-8] Hit -1

[9] Critical -2

[10] Critical -3

Ruri - 57/57

Iskandar - 5/5

Mighty Bull - 5/11

Ruri grinned at his health bar if she got a critical; she knew this would be the last strike on the boar. She then looked over to the Mighty king and nodded as she started to charge forward, hoping to get the same results as she charged and sped up with ever fast pace. She sighed as she missed and ended up her sword sticking into the hill. She had managed to get it out, and stand by her king's side hoping that he could hit due to her failure. "At least he didn't hit me.." She had muttered to herself as the King now charged forward once again.

Dice roll

[1-5] Miss

[6-8] Hit -1

[9] Critical -2

[10] Critical -3

Ruri - 57/57

Iskandar - 5/5

Mighty Bull - 5/11

Iskandar watched as Ruri went in for the next attack. If she landed a strong, clean strike like he had just before, this battle would be over before it ever even began. Iskandar watched hopefully for this bull to meet his end, but he had gotten his hopes up too early. Ruri completely missed the bull, striking the hill they were on instead. She was supposed to be one of the stronger, more elite players compared to him, yet here she was striking like a new player. "No no, that's not how you win a battle. Let me show you how King's strike their foes." This was probably why she was following him in the first place.

Iskandar charged forth, with his usual battle yell, ready to stab it in the head and end this battle. However, the confrontation did not turn out as he had hoped. Instead of Iskandar getting a strike on the bull, he wound up taking the hit of the bull's charge. It sent Iskandar flying back behind Ruri, akin to having a cannonball fly past right next to a person. He landed with a thud, the bull feeling proud of itself for what it did. "That bull got a strike on me. It is stronger and more skilled than I thought. It must be given a worthy response for its actions!" Iskandar got back up, sword in hand, ready to try again.

Dice roll

[1-5] Miss

[6-8] Hit -1

[9] Critical -2

[10] Critical -3

Ruri - 57/57

Iskandar - 4/5

Mighty Bull - 5/11

She grinned at the boar knowing that he was targeting her lord now as she charged forward hoping for some hit status instead of him to hit her lord. She continued with her usual sprint forward and her blade in front of her. She grinned as she had done 3 damage, knowing that she had the next two hit points hit on her negated for her shield had that type of enchantment.

Dice roll

[1-5] Miss

[6-8] Hit -1

[9] Critical -2

[10] Critical -3

Ruri - 57/57

Iskandar - 4/5

Mighty Bull - 2/11

Iskandar watched as Ruri went in for another strike, doing much better than before. She managed to get a strike on the bull, its health bar going down to merely a sliver. "Now that is more like it." The Bull was angry that the two of them were beating it so easily. It gave out a furious cry before kicking around to try and hit them. "You shall not do anything like that. All it does is make it more challenging to get in close. BUT THAT SHALL NOT STOP US." Iskandar then went in close to try and finish the battle so they could move on.

Iskandar managed to avoid getting hit by the bull bringing his sword in for a strike. "YOUR TIME IS DONE BULL! ISKANDAR SHALL BE VICTORIOUS THIS DAY! YOU SHALL BE REMEMBERED FOR GIVING A CHALLENGE FOR THE KING OF CONQUERORS!" Iskandar stabbed the bull with his sword before pushing forward to get a clean slice in. The bull screamed in pain as Iskandar finished his strike. "Rest in peace my friend. Your death shall be remembered in history." With that, the bull exploded into data bits, leaving Iskandar and Ruri victorious. Iskandar pointed his sword straight up into the air, giving a victorious yell. "FOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR GLLLLLLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

Dice roll

[1-5] Miss

[6-8] Hit -1

[9] Critical -2

[10] Critical -3

Ruri - 57/57

Iskandar - 4/5

Mighty Bull - 0/11

Ruri looked down at the poor bull disappear into millions of tiny crystals as she stood up from her kneel. "So, that was pretty fast..." She had said as she stood up and once again walked up another hill hoping to see many horses that King Iskandar would like as she looks down upon the millions of horses she was pretty surprised at how many there were. She hoped that they wouldn't get mad at them for taking on of the horses, they would have to fight off many horses if that was it. She had then saw a large muscular dark black horse looking up at them in the crowd of other colored horses...

Iskandar followed Ruri over the hill after killing the bull, sheathing his sword and dusting himself off. "That bull was a fiesty one. I can't wait to see just what kind of other beasts we'll run into today." It was then that Iskandar noticed an entire field of horses that were just minding their own business. So many to choose from and so little time. All kinds of different colors, sizes, and breeds; Iskandar didn't know where to start. "So many steeds that can be used for our army! Imagine if we could get one loyal soldier for every horse that was here! IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS!"

Iskandar then noticed a large, muscular black horse down in the crowd below. It was simply an amazing creature that stood above the rest. "Target sighted; the black horse in the crowd shall be used for the King of Conqueror's Mighty Steed." He pointed one of his rather large fingers down towards the muscular horse that both he and Ruri had noticed. "There are many horses down there too. Imagine the glorious experience they would give if we hunted them!" Iskander ran down the hill and into the crowd of horses, focused solely on the black mare that he planned to claim for his own. "ONWARD RURI, MY LOYAL RETAINER!"

She grinned giving him the apple that the gypsy had given them hoping that the horse could be able to tame easily, handing it over to the Kind King. "Feed that to him; gain it's trust before you go in though." Ruri had stated as she saw the king start to move forward. Ruri crossing her fingers hoping for the horse to be tamed as she slightly closed her eyes.

Iskandar took the apple from Ruri, a gift from the gypsy quest giver encountered earlier. He moved through the crowd of horses, only one target on his mind. He needed to figure out how to coax the steed into eating the apple. The horse was unlike any other, so it should have the pride to match, or so one could believe. That is what Iskandar would appeal to. He had no idea if the horse would be able to understand him, but he would give his best shot to convince the horse to trust him. Today, Iskandar would claim for himself the grandest steed of all.

Iskandar stopped in front of the muscular beast, it just barely taller than Iskandar himself. It glared and snuffed at him, already on edge just from the King's presence. "Woah there, my friend. I mean you no harm. I have come merely to speak words to you and make an offer, that is if you can understand me." The horse backed away a bit, seeming to choose fleeing over confrontation with the glorious king. "You have no reason to fear, dear friend. Many have probably tried to tame you before, but none have succeeded. Your heart burns with the fire of pride and glory just as brightly as mine."

Iskandar held out the apple towards the horse. "I wish not to tame you and make you a servant of mine. I wish for you to ride alongside me as equals in conquest. You and I both are glorious beings that stand above the rest. We would show the people who cower in fear what it means to hold glory and victory in one's hands. We shall ignite the fire of aspiration in the hearts of all. Our foes will flee as we ride into battle, leading the way to endless armies. You shall be a mare whose name shall go down in the annals of history. You, my friend, shall be Bucephalus! Join me, and I promise that all shall look upon you in awe. Take the apple as a sign of peace, and become my loyal steed that shall traverse the ends of this world with me!"

The horse just stood there, eyeing the apple and Iskandar suspiciously. Iskandar couldn't tell if his words got through to the horse, but since it didn't flee yet there was hope. It sniffed the apple for a moment, still untrustworthy for the moment of the large, outrageous king. With Iskandar standing there patiently waiting for the horse to react, it would eventually begin to eat the apple right out of his hand. "There we go, my friend. I promise that from this day, you shall become the most glorious steed that is worthy of a king."

Ruri smiled at the horse that seemed so harmless. "Would you like to test your glorious steed my lord?" Ruri had asked King Iskandar as she smiled at the steed. Petting it's mane. She feeding it another apple, unsure what else it would eat... She got into her inventory finding a carrot and waving it in front of the horse as it started to eat the baby carrot. Ruri giggled a tiny bit from the horse eating; She thought it had been a bit funny and cute really for such a muscular steed.

Iskandar stood there petting the horse as it seemed to calm down and become friendly to him and his retainer. Ruri came over and started petting and feeding Bucephalus. "It seems that I am not the only one drawn to horses. Once I am on the front lines with the stronger warriors and you, I would have you ride into battle like me. That way all can look upon the loyal soldier that has followed the path of conquest from the very beginning." While the horse was now tamed and the quest could be considered complete, to Iskandar there was more to do. For starters, he needed to test the horse in riding.

"I shall not test Bucephalus, Ruri. WE SHALL!" Iskandar picked Ruri up with one hand; a trivial feat for someone of his large build and strength. He then set her on Bucephalus before getting on the steed in front of her. "Make sure to hold on tight, my young retainer." And with that, Iskandar pet the neck of Bucephalus. "It is time, my friend. ONWARD, HAAAAHHH!" Bucephalus dashed forward with the two on them on its back, the wind rushing past them.

She then sees an enemy pass them as she attempts a good hit on them while riding past, moving her dagger down from the saddle toward them. She unfortunately missed due to the horse riding so fast she could practically not hit any enemy she tried to. She eventually gave up and sat back up properly as she looked past them to some sort of rode that seemed to be surrounded by more steeds...

Iskandar continued to ride past monsters and other horses, feeling the wind blow through his beard. He noticed that Ruri tried to use her weapon to hit monsters that were passing, but to no avail. If this was a battle ride, he would have been more than happy to ride around slaying beasts like before. But for right now this was a test ride. Iskandar stopped at the top of a hill, looking at the magnificent view of the land. The town in one direction, seemingly endless land filled with horses and beast in another. "Soon, my loyal retainer...Soon, this entire land shall belong to us. And once it is, we shall lead those who have lost their way to endless glory. First, though, I must catch up to those that are fighting bosses."

"L-Like me Lord?" She asked as she grinned as if she was a little baby receiving candy for his first time. She then saw a hill as she looked down upon the many mobs and horses as well, she felt... powerful. She grinned upon the many beasts as if she could slay them all, as if she could be the most powerful. As if she could rule upon the lands, yet that would be her Lord, Iskandar's job she felt that she would forever stay with her king. She grinned at it all, the land and riches they would receive as if they would receive many glorious things...

[OOC- The next post after you write put -CLOSED- in bigger letters.]