[PP-F4] The Essense of Steel

Seldentar appeared on the Teleport pad on the fourth floor. He pulled his coat around him tighter, trying to resist the cold. He had heard a rumor that there was a very special boss found on this floor, and he knew he had to have the rumored item drop. Still...as powerful as a floor boss kept ringing through his head. He knew he shouldn't risk that alone. He decided to put out a local alert, trying to get a few peoples attention to see if he could form up a party to go after this rare prize.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having recieved the local alert and finding himself intrigued, Saix was already waiting at the plaza, his back to a nearby pillar. "So, you are the one who will lead this little quest huh? Count me in, if you are still interested." he said, stepping away from the pillar with a smile, his winter coat keeping him warm despite the chilly atmosphere. "I'm sure we'll find some other people interested in joining up too." He said, a grin on his face.

Shanok arrived at the plaza after receiving the local alert. He didn't have to teleport since he was already on the fourth floor as he was also interested in that rumor. He went up to the two men that seemed like they were waiting for something. "Are you guys here to find out more about that boss monster that's supposed to drop that rare item?" he asked them while looking through his inventory to see if his stuff was in good condition for battle.

Zero had been sitting by a nearby bench when he overheard a couple of players discussing a quest he had heard of recently, he recognized them from other occassions he'd seen them, and stood up walking towards them. "Not to intrude but I wouldn't mind getting in on this quest you're going out on." He stopped in front of them and crossed his arms, he remained silent waiting for a reply. He wanted to take advantage of this opportunity and get the reward. He needed to better his gear after he'd been humiliated by a certain orange player, at the very least his name had been the only thing mentioned in the story of the fight and nothing too personal either.

Seldentar nods, looking the group over. He goes over all the information he has on the rumored boss, and begins to convey it.

"Well, from the rumor I heard, we are looking for a special skull up here on this floor. Apparently it can be used to summon this boss level yeti. I heard it could be just as strong as the floor bosses though, so its not exactly the safest quest. Fair warning before we head out there, in case anyone starts getting second thoughts."

Saix shrugs amicably, a slight raising of the shoulders beneath the fur lining of his flashy red coat. "Risking life and limb for the pursuit of loot eh? Sounds like any other day to me, eh?" He said, always the kidder. Things just didn't seem to bother The Captain of the Ebon Vanguard. He was the man with the plan, who always had something up his sleeve. The chaos and depressing nature of the world around them just never seemed to touch him, he walked through it all utterly calm and unflappable, even being of a relatively low level like he was. It really all came down to that just being the kind of man he was.

Shanok listened to what Seldentar was saying. "Strong as a floor boss... Me and my friends beat one of those in a 4-man party, I'm sure we can do this" he said as he looked through his inventory, checking if he had everything he needed. "So, do we have any idea on where that rumored skull might be?" he asked the other players around him.

She hears some people chatting nearby she felt like she might as well get in on the conversation. She walks toward the voices and looks toward them. Saix the guild leader of The Ebon Vanguard, Seldentar the blacksmith that had once joined her guild, Shanok in a guild group in the Azure Brigade known as The Founders Council. "Nice to see you again." She spoke to the group of people, hoping to be automatically included into the conversation as she walked towards them and spoke.

Seldentar turns as Ruri walks up, looking to the rest gathered as he starts to send out party invites. He throws one towards Ruri too.

"We are going to investigate a new rumor boss on this floor, if you would like to come accept."

Once everyone accepts, he will look at those who have said yes and motion for them to follow him as they start to head out of town and towards the mountains.

Saix waved at Ruri when she walked over to the group. "We're going on an adventure, to kill stuff and loot things. You should come, it will be fun." He said with a smile, knowing the young blunette was a powerful fighter, much like her elder brother. As the little group headed out after Seld, Saix took a moment to ponder serious life things, like the cold. "You know, traipsing around these godawful places only makes me glad that I didn't grow up in a desert or on a frozen tundra in real life. Because as depressing as it seems here, it would only be worse if I were feeling actual cold, instead of this strange impression of cold."

She nodded for a moment seeing the invitation coming up on her screen. She clicked the blue circle and smiled towards the others. "Sounds like an adventure!" She said as she looked forward seeing Seld not wasting any time as he starts to head towards the mountains. She grinned for a second following the 'leader' on their way to 'kill stuff and loot things'.

Saix stood to the side, looking around the ice canyon. "A solitary canyon surrounded by a jagged nightmarish landscape created entirely of razor sharp blades of ice? Yeah, I'd say that this was a location that seems to scream 'hidden boss here'." He says, with typical Saix dry humor as he looks over to the skull, and the large leg bone nearby. "Well, that is what we came for. Give it a good whack, and let's see if we can't piss off a monster for ourselves."

So that's the skull? Doesn't seem like it spawns a boss to me... he thought while he went up to the skull. He tried clicking on the skull like he would on an item. "It doesn't seem to do anything, no menu's appearing or anything..." he said as he was looking at the skull. "Well, I really don't know how to make this thing work... Anyone here has an idea?" he asked the party.

She thought for a minute about what she might be able to do to 'activate' the boss. as he said "Anyone here has an idea?" She shook her head as if to say 'no'. Hoping that someone else may have an idea on how to activate the item. <> The dark furred pup familiar sprinted toward her master, Ruri petting the playful pup as she looked back to the skull, still trying to figure out how to activate it.

The dull clonk sound of the sword striking the skull echoes across the little canyon, causing a disturbance nearby as something shifts beneath the snow. A rumbling sounds, as a huge behemoth turns over in it's sleep, disturbed by the sound. The snow falls away, revealing....

A giant butt...

One huge hand moves to scratch the aforementioned butt, as a positively huge 4 meter tall monster pulls itself out of the snow. Covered in white woolly fur, with little rams horns atop it's tiny head, it appears to be a huge ape like creature with a mouth full of huge blunt teeth that seems to dominate much of it's upper chest, despite the relatively tiny had on top of the broad shoulders. Looking at them blearily through sleep caked eyes, it lets loose a loud fart before puffing up it's cheeks and loosing a bellowing roar.

As the giant Yeti makes its appearance, Seldentar holds his sword up, looking at the monster.

"Alright guys, keep healing items at the ready we don't know how strong this thing is."

He charges forward, his black blade held high. His blade slashes across the monsters back, leaving a red gash.

Seldentar: 35/35

Saix: ??/??

Shanok: ??/??

Ruri: ??/??

Snow Beast: ??/?? - 3

Saix watched the unveiling of the giant butt with an expression of bemusement. "That's... different..." He finally said, shaking his head in amusement as Seldentar charged into battle after giving a rallying bit of advice. Sighing audibly, and drawing the rapier at his side, Saix rolled his eyes heavenward as though overwhelmed by the absurdity of it all. "Oh... what the hell, let's do this." He said, following Seld into battle with signature high speed.

Battle Dice: 10

Damage: 1 + 2 + 2 = 5

Bleeding Applied for 2 turns

Result: Darting in quick, as his nickname of <> would suggest, Saix ducked a flailing fist and sidestepped a stomping foot at high speed, using the creature's knee as a stepping stone to propel himself into the air, thrusting his blood red blade into the creature's chest halfway to the hilt, before smoothly kicking off and somersaulting to the snow caked ground. The Snow Beast bellowed, less than happy to be on the receiving end of his <>.

Seldentar: 35/35

Saix: 19/19

Shanok: ??/??

Ruri: ??/??

Snow Beast: 67/75

Total Damage Dealt: 5