[PP-F7] A Joint Excavation

Seldentar walks along the settlements road on Floor 7. He looks around to see if he recognizes anyone as he makes his way through the streets. As always, he had run out of materials, and he was headed towards his favorite place to get more, the Rare Crystal Golems of the caves of floor 7. He sighs as he walks. It was always so boring going there alone, and with their high health, it always took forever to get anything out of them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanok had just arrived on floor seven through the teleportation pad. He stepped off of it and started walking towards the main settlement's exit, hoping to find the cave where the rumored Rare Crystal Golems dwelled, hoping to get materials out of them. Upon leaving the town, he saw someone in front of him who looked like he was heading the same way that he was. Shanok went up to him, "Are you perhaps heading for where the Crystal Golems are?" he asked the stranger.

Seldentar turns to the man surprised, a slight grin on his face.

"Well, I guess I couldn't keep them hidden and quiet forever. It was only a matter of time until the other Info Brokers got word of it. Yes, I am. I have some map data of the caverns already from my previous trips as well."

He sighs looking around, and lowers his voice.

"Honestly, as much as I enjoy gathering the mats from them, it can be rather boring to go it alone. Want to join me? The maps have the way through without running into the other things that live in the caverns, including the giant worms that eat the crystal."

Upon hearing the other player's answer, Shanok smiled and answered, "Sure, I know that hunting alone can be boring, I'm always looking for a friend on a hunt, for one it's safer that way and it's not boring" he said. A short silence then ensued, "Name's Shanok" he added after a while, hoping for an answer from the stranger.

Seldentar extends his own hand.

"Seldentar, nice to meet you. Yeah, usually I hunt alone, but it gets so boring with no one to talk to. Sometimes my familiar Shadow joins me, but I don't like putting him in harms way when i go to the higher floors. Even though thats why most people have one..."

He shakes his head, thinking back to the day he found Shadow being attacked by wolves.

"Anyway, lets get going. Theres a hidden entrance to the cave system if we go a bit into the mountains before heading down. We are looking for a canyon thats tucked deeper into the mountains."

Seldentar brings up the map data as they leave the settlement. He looks over at Shanok as the digital map appears in front of him.

"Its not too far, maybe 20 minute walk. Its usually a pretty clear path, not too many people know about it. The first time I went down i went the normal ways, had to fight through tons of horrible things and barely got any crafting mats out of it."

"I hope we get alot of mats, I ran out too, not that I have any urgent orders, but I'd still like to have a lot of mats just in case something happens" he said. They then continued walking towards the mountains until they found the canyon Seldentar was talking about. "Is this the place?" Shanok asked looked into the canyon trying to see what was in it but couldn't see anything as the bottom of the canyon had some sort of fog.

Seldentar checks his map data before looking down.

"Yeah...this should be it. Although the fog is new...we might want to be careful. Its a little different then last time. Still, the entrance should be down there."

Seldentar looks down at the fog slightly concerned. That wasn't there last time he showed up, and it could be problematic.

Shanok headed where the "down there" place was and entered a small cavern that slowly led to the bottom of the canyon. After a couple of minutes of walking, the duo finally arrived at the canyon's foggy bottom. "Ugh, this fog is so thick, we can barely see in front of us" he said as he slowly kept walking forward, waving his arms around to "see" it there was any obstacles in the way.

Seldentar stumbles along the rocky path, his vision almost completely obscured. Stumbling forward, he walks almost head first into the rock wall of the canyon.

"Well...this is really unpleasant..."

He starts to feel along the wall, trying to find the entrance. After searching for some time, he finds an indent into the wall, and he pushes forward, hoping it was the entrance.

Shanok watched as Seldentar touching the wall, and at some point, he pushed something into the wall, hoping it was an entrance. As he did that, the "wall" started moving, only to reveal that was a Crystal Golem, one of the monsters they were looking for. "Get back" said Shanok as he pulled Seldentar away from the monster.

-Party-

Shanok : 17/17

Seldentar : 31/31

-Enemy-

Crystal Golem : 14/14

Seldentar falls back as Shanok pulls him, and a large red crystal fist crashes into the ground where he was standing moments ago. Apparently that was NOT the entrance he had been feeling. He draws his Midnight Blade from his back, the pitch black blade ready to slice through his enemies. Lunging forward, he stabs his blade into the large arm in front of him, but because of the fog he couldn't see its hit point bar.

Items Equipped:

Midnight Blade: +2 Damage

Silver Serpent: +1 Loot Dice

Massacre Gauntlets: +2 Battle Dice

-Party-

-Enemy-

Crystal Golem : 11/14

Seldentar runs forward, and kicks off the wall to launch himself into the air. Bringing his arm up and around, his sword begins to glow with the sword skill. As the system assist takes over, he rushes back towards the Golem blade first. The light of the sword makes the fog even harder to see through, and his sword skill misses, even with the assist from the system.

-Party-

-Enemy-

Crystal Golem : 10/14

Through the fog, he sees Shanok hit the ground. As the Golem turns towards him, Seld sprints forward to stop the Golems next attack. Feeling the impact against his side, he whips around, stabbing his blade at the golem. His blade nicks the crystal exterior, barely but still enough for the system to register the hit.

-Party-

Seldentar : 30/31

-Enemy-

Crystal Golem : 7/14

Shanok was determind to hit the golem, he looked around carefully to see if there was any rocks that he could potentially trip on, there wasn't, so he ran towards the golem, attacked it's left arm, destroying some crystals on it and dealing a small amount of damage. "Finally!" he said after having landed his attack.

-Party-

Seldentar : 30/31

-Enemy-

Crystal Golem : 3/14