Another new skill/ skill set?

Should Wild Dance (or Claws) Be a new weapon?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wild Dance (or Claws) Be a new weapon?

• Absotively Posolutely!
    • No Way, Get out!

Vega, thanks Commander that was his name, anyway, the limit for skills would be approprate, how bout 3 skills, that seem fair, now how the skills work is up to the GM who deals with new skills and styles. And as such I will conclude that thi skill is a total beast and wish to see it come true, Au revior everyone I will see you all in the fields of battle Allons-y (Let's go)

I am the Skill Dude, so I will try and ensure that everything is up to snuff before we submit it for GM Review.

the problem is, trying to split them up is like trying to wear one individual pant leg. It just doesnt work. Even reading about Argo, she had two claws, WITHOUT the duel wielding skill. Claws come as a pair, which is why there are certain skill requirements and why the martial arts skill is a must. Having one is like fighting with a broken blade, its not effective and doesnt boast well. I believe claws should be the only exception to the rule, because clearly its a canon weapon in sword art online, we would just have to work out its limits and its faults and hammer out ALL of the details. Sorry if that sounds like i dont want this skill denied but i feel it would allow a newer roleplaying experience for new people who arent used to playing the "Broad Paladin" or "Sneaky Dagger Guy" or even the "Horseback riding Spear Guy" (those are just examples, noted that they dont actually exist in SAO)

the problem is, trying to split them up is like trying to wear one individual pant leg. It just doesnt work. Even reading about Argo, she had two claws, WITHOUT the duel wielding skill. Claws come as a pair, which is why there are certain skill requirements and why the martial arts skill is a must. Having one is like fighting with a broken blade, its not effective and doesnt boast well. I believe claws should be the only exception to the rule, because clearly its a canon weapon in sword art online, we would just have to work out its limits and its faults and hammer out ALL of the details. Sorry if that sounds like i dont want this skill denied but i feel it would allow a newer roleplaying experience for new people who arent used to playing the "Broad Paladin" or "Sneaky Dagger Guy" or even the "Horseback riding Spear Guy" (those are just examples, noted that they dont actually exist in SAO)

You are assuming that Argo uses two weapons when her skill was never actually shown in the canon. Whether the single mention of her weapon skill references a single claw weapon or claw weapons is never established, hence why the skill has not existed in this game thus far. Whether her weapon is referred to as claw or claws depends upon the translation. As to requiring the Martial Arts Skill, this is also completely untrue to the canon, as the single reference to Argo's weapon was made during the build up to the raid against Ilfang, which makes a Martial Arts requirement impossible as Martial Arts is unlocked on Floor 2.

Bottom line is; while two claws and built in martial arts would be fun, we arent creating a skill to create SAO Wolverine

If you read a little into her story, it never mentioned when she actually took the martial arts quest, it just said she did therefore we as the reader/watcher have to infer she did it on the second floor at some point in time. This being said, the claws really doesnt require the martial arts skill in the series. Perhaps like i mentioned, all of the skills detail should be completely hammered out

Well I do certainly like this skill, as well as the weapon set. However I have a few concerns/ suggestions.

For starters, most people would want to use two claws, as a pose to just one. That being said it would need its own dual wield style. Each claw would count as a separate item, (You cant make the "saber Claws" and get one for each hand, instead you would need to make one for each hand with there own individual stats)" Players would need to learn to use 2 claws in much the same way a player learns to use a katana, (Playing several battles with one, until there skill has increased to the dual wield.

As another note this does open the floor to other similar weapons, such as Iron knuckles for blunt damage as a pose to cut damage, as well as spiked knuckles for piercing damage. I suggest that the martial art skill be a mandatory requirement before a player can even start learning to use an item or weapon like this simply because it is an entirely differently skill set that would require different training than initial game skills would allow for a starter character. (Not to mention that you are essentially punching with a blade so martial arts just seems like a must.)

Otherwise I like it and hope to see it hit play, if anything just for a bit of variation.

I quite like this idea the best out of any idea pitched so far