Another new skill/ skill set?

Should Wild Dance (or Claws) Be a new weapon?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wild Dance (or Claws) Be a new weapon?

• Absotively Posolutely!
    • No Way, Get out!

So, upon searching the official SAO Wiki site, i stumbled upon a new skill for the SAO game and i thought id make a suggestion here. I wasnt sure what to do but i was told to come here with a suggestion. The Skill is known as Wild Dance, or Claws, like a weapon, kind of like Wolverine from X-men. Imagine having gauntlets on your arm the contain 3 6-7 inch blades coming from a gauntlet attached to your hands. As it turns out there is on character that uses them in the series though she isnt mentioned very much, her name is Argo and she is mentions in the anime and the light novel and manga.

Requirements <>

I have a few possible "sword" skills for them

<> 2 hit strike, The player leaps at the opponent or monster and swings both arms inward at the opponents or creatures chest and cutting into the body dealing one extra point of damage for two weapons.

<> 1 hit strike, The player throws a punch but instead of colliding with their fist, instead they aim for the eyes with the claws and on a roll of 9-10 possible blinding for a turn (-3 (negotiable, at this point is a suggestion) to BD)

<> 4 hit strike, The player lashes out in a spinning maneuver leaving their arms outward and slashing the opponent several times before coming to a complete stop (depending on Agility skill, may make it harder to dodge (-1-2 BD)) (if 1-5 (aka miss) player becomes dizzy and takes a -2(or 3) to next BD)

I like the idea but you may run into a small problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a type of dual wielding? I mean, you're using two weapons in unison with each other and I figure that this may be thought of as "dual wielding." I'm sorry but this is just something I thought of.

Actually, it's not, it's a weapon type, like any other, one "claw" in each hand. Here's something from the Sword Art Online wiki.

Her weapon of choice are claws, which she hangs at her left waist

That's from Argo's page on the wiki, if you don't know who Argo is, it's the information broker who tells Kirito about Nicholas the Renegade.

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Argo

Alright, so Daeron has finally read this small section, and he thinks that this would be an amazing idea. So then, Daeron moves his cursor up to the bubble that approves of this, and he clicks and submits.

<> 2 Hit Strike, the player swings his claws at the opponent or monster in an X-Formation, across the chest.

Just another idea for an ability

Oh have an idea for a attack

<> 3 Hit combo. Player swings claw in a uppercut motion, lifts opponent off ground and strikes at the head.

I'd like to point out that we're talking about claws, sharp, metal blades, that cut, not blunt knuckles. I don't think you'd lift someone by uppercuting them with claws, your claws would most likely go through his face. This is why in my opinion this skill sounds a bit weird and not fitting for claws.

Oh have an idea for a attack

<> 3 Hit combo. Player swings claw in a uppercut motion, lifts opponent off ground and strikes at the head.

I'd like to point out that we're talking about claws, sharp, metal blades, that cut, not blunt knuckles. I don't think you'd lift someone by uppercuting them with claws, your claws would most likely go through his face. This is why in my opinion this skill sounds a bit weird and not fitting for claws.

I like the putting the blade at the shoulder thing, and I'll use Miaki's idea for a whip handling skill.

2 hit combo.

(works on the basis that claws are curved)

Put your right claw behind the enemy's shoulder, pull it towards you and knee him in the face. Would require martial arts skill.

Don't really have a name for it, uhm... shoulder to knee? I really don't know, I'm bad with names.

I like the putting the blade at the shoulder thing, and I'll use Miaki's idea for a whip handling skill.

2 hit combo.

(works on the basis that claws are curved)

Put your right claw behind the enemy's shoulder, pull it towards you and knee him in the face. Would require martial arts skill.

Don't really have a name for it, uhm... shoulder to knee? I really don't know, I'm bad with names.

<> 2 Hit combo, Place the right hand claw opon the opponents shoulder, and bring them towards the players knee, causing 2 points of damage as well as -1 to oppoenets next attack. Cool down rate 3 turns,

Since its a knee to the face, we use a Thai term, Muay Thai deals with alot of kneeing to the face and or body.

This certainly looks like an interesting skill. I wish more information on it was covered in the light novels, anime, or manga. I'd love to know what else there was to it. Or maybe that is the point... Maybe just saying they existed makes one think they were used in a way would expect them to be used. If there was a special requirement then it would've been covered (maybe). Wouldn't mind seeing this one added and bring more variety of weapons to the site.

Well I do certainly like this skill, as well as the weapon set. However I have a few concerns/ suggestions.

For starters, most people would want to use two claws, as a pose to just one. That being said it would need its own dual wield style. Each claw would count as a separate item, (You cant make the "saber Claws" and get one for each hand, instead you would need to make one for each hand with there own individual stats)" Players would need to learn to use 2 claws in much the same way a player learns to use a katana, (Playing several battles with one, until there skill has increased to the dual wield.

As another note this does open the floor to other similar weapons, such as Iron knuckles for blunt damage as a pose to cut damage, as well as spiked knuckles for piercing damage. I suggest that the martial art skill be a mandatory requirement before a player can even start learning to use an item or weapon like this simply because it is an entirely differently skill set that would require different training than initial game skills would allow for a starter character. (Not to mention that you are essentially punching with a blade so martial arts just seems like a must.)

Otherwise I like it and hope to see it hit play, if anything just for a bit of variation.

If the idea were approved, it would likely be one claw weapon in use, not two. Since the <> was unique. Now, here on the RPG we have examples of other skills that use more than one weapon, such as the Coordinated Edge and some of the other Unique Skills; however those skills are still unique in that their are only one wielder for them. So, without turning this idea into a Unique Skill, we will stick to one claw weapon, ala Vega from Street Fighter.

In other news, lets try to avoid creating a multitude of attacks that would require the use of a Claw Skill + Martial Arts. We need Claw Attack Skills primarily, that is not to say that I do not want you guys thinking of combo skills. only you need a few Claw only skills to set a baseline.

Vega, thanks Commander that was his name, anyway, the limit for skills would be approprate, how bout 3 skills, that seem fair, now how the skills work is up to the GM who deals with new skills and styles. And as such I will conclude that thi skill is a total beast and wish to see it come true, Au revior everyone I will see you all in the fields of battle Allons-y (Let's go)